1

Christmas confession.

Lee Ji Eun’s POV:

“Thank you, Do come again! Merry Christmas , agasshi!” The cashier spoke with an energetic loud voice.

As usual, I am at the back doing pastries – bread, cake and others. I supposed today is just another working day just that the time goes slower and the day is longer, I’m spending my time here at the workplace to get things done and give happiness to the customers eating my products, that will do. I won’t ask for more.

“Noona.” The cashier turned to face me, I raised my eyebrow at him, “Wae?”

“Do you want to close the bakery earlier?” He gave me a look.

I chuckled as I knead onto the dough, “Gwenchana, if you’re busy, you can head home first.”

“But .. Noona , I can’t leave you alone here.” He said with a worried face. How thoughtful of him, this little brat.

“Yah, I am Lee Ji Eun! I can work twice , triple times harder! Trust me , araseo?” I said with a smile, of course I can’t , it’s not like I’m a robot.

He took my words and nodded his head. “Araseo, Noona, do take care and Merry Christmas!” He took off the apron and hang it over the chair and took his coat off the clothing rack and wore it.

“Merry Christmas! Noona!” He said waving back at me and I gave him a hand gesture telling him to go.

For a while , the sight of him had disappeared into the thin air and I continued back to my work until I received a call.

I wiped my hands onto the wet towel on the table and fixes my hair, “Yoboseyo?” I picked up the phone.

“Ji Eun, it’s me.”

The voice, who else could it be, of course its Wooyoung , I huffed out of frustration, I don’t like it when the phone rings during working hours.

“Agasshi , bill please!” The customer yelled from outside.

I nodded my head and gave her a smile before heading out and I hang up on the phone.

“It’s 12,000won.” I said politely as I placed the bread into the small packaging slowly and gently otherwise it’ll be rude and disrespectful to the product to just place it sloppily into the packaging.

The customer nodded her head showing her satisfaction to me, “I’ll come again. Keep up the good work.”

I smiled back to her and bowed, “Kamsahamnida! Merry Christmas!”

She smiled back and nodded her head before heading out and the chimes hanging on the door rang.

I puffed my cheeks and looked at the clock, 8pm. I did a brief stretching and my phone in the apron pocket rang again. “Yah! What do you want?”

“My cake.” He murmur on the phone.

I gasped and glanced at the refrigerator, “Ah! Mianhae.”

“It’s important to me, don’t tell me anything goes wrong.” He said anxiously on the phone.

I chuckled and took the cake out of the refridgerator, “Araseo, Woo Young-ssi. What’s so important about today? It’s just Christmas.”

“It’s not an ordinary Christmas, Lee Ji Eun. It’s special for me.” He sounded so serious on the phone and even serious is that he called my full name. Things get serious when he says the full name.

“Wae? Confession uh?” I teased , trying to ease the atmosphere even though I’m not in the same room with him but the tension is there , in the conversation.

He chuckled and replied, “Indeed, you’re my friend!”

My breathe shorten when I heard that, my heart started to slow down it’s speed almost to a stop. I glanced over the chocolate cake in front of me that was decorated nicely, he’s confessing? To who? Why does it hurts so much when I heard that.

“Ji Eun? Ji Eun? Yah, Are you there?” He asked on the phone.

Tears started to gather in my eyes and one fell as I wiped away it and answered him, “Ne.”

“Do draw a heart on the cake! And also write ..” He paused as I heard rummaging sounds at the background .

I held onto the icing and trembled, “W-What color do you want?”

“Pink!” He said cheerfully on the phone. A side of him which I never see before, he sounded so excited and anticipating, what can I do to stop this pain in my heart. It just aches.

“Draw a heart shape and write it in the heart shape saying , Babo yah. Saranghae.” He said.

My hand doesn’t seem to move, it’s not obeying my instructions. I’m telling it to draw but it won’t , it seems that they had frozen.

“I’ll call you back later after I’m done.” I said coldly.

“Ani, gwenchana. Send it to my apartment before 10pm.” He gave his instructions and hang up the phone.

The conversation ended and I slammed the phone onto the table. I glared at the cake, Who are you confessing to? My mind kept on thinking about it. Even though I tried to held in my concern and jealousy, but it doesn’t seems to work.

I swallowed my saliva and looked at the cake I’ve made, why did I even make it so pretty at the first place without knowing anything. Aish. I cursed under my breathe and I held onto the icing and started to draw a heart. Even though I dislike the fact that he’s confessing but work is still work and I can’t make it ugly so I just drew nicely and wrote the words.

“Done.” I smiled at the final product.

Since he’s confessing , why not as a friend help him? I smiled and went to the kitchen and took out some small bites of rose petals and sprinkle it on them. The roses are edible . It just makes a perfect combination with the chocolate cake.

“Perfect.” I put my hands on my hips and nodded my head.

I took out the packaging and folded it into a box before placing the cake into the box cautiously. I took off the apron and the hat and replaced them with a coat and a beanie.

I off the lights and turned around to check if everything is fine and the undone dough being kept away since I’m going to come back later to finish them off. Oh well, I looked around and nodded my head.

I opened the door and headed out. “Aish, So cold!” I said and looked at the snow falling down from the sky. It’s pretty but it’s cold and I quickly locked the door and flipped the tag over to “closed” .

I gripped tightly onto the bag in my hand and headed to Woo Young’s apartment.

Jang Woo Young’s POV:

I opened the closet and took a look in it and flipped over clothes.

Taking sets and sets of clothes and places them on the bed as I browsed through and picked it up and faced the mirror. Not this one and I briefly grabbed another one up and placed it over my body, not this one too.

I ruffled my hair in frustration, “Aish! Nothing that suits me!” I frowned upon looking at the clothes. I felt like I am a girl picking out clothes for a date, I chuckled at that thought .

“This one!” I wore a hoodie and a shirt in it and a pair of jeans that matches the top.

Just then , the bell at my door rang and I hurriedly went over and pressed the answering button, it’s Ji Eun! She’s here already, I flustered at the mess of my bedroom and quickly stuffed everything into the closet.

Then , the bell kept on ringing and rushing me. I went back to the door and straightened my shirt before opening the door.

“Ji Eun.” I looked at her and she’s in her usual self. “Yah. Your cake.” She said coldly.

I smirked upon her reaction, it’s seems that my plan worked out. I took the cake off her hands and she turned around and was about to walk away , I came out and took her hand, “Yah, Where are you heading to?”

“Back to the bakery.” She said and swung my hands off her.

Okay, maybe I wasn’t expecting that, she’s really cold. I smiled at her and said, “Come in and drink a hot chocolate before leaving..?”

“Gwenchana, I don’t want to spoil your day.” She said with her half-lidded eyes.

Before I could say anything , she walked off quickly. I went back to my apartment and put the cake aside and raced after her, “Ji Eun ah!” I shouted.

She didn’t stop but I got hold of her hand and spun her around to face me. She looked down onto the ground with a grumpy face. I frowned and hugged her tightly, she struggled in my grip as I spoke, “Merry Christmas , Ji Eun.”

“Yah? You should let go off me! What if the person you confessing to saw this?” She said.

I chuckled at her thought and answered, “No , she won’t . She’s right in front of me, Struggling in my hug.”

The struggle stopped and she looked up at me , giving me a confused look. I giggled at her expression and smiled, “Yah, You made me abandoned the cake and now I’m not sure if it’s melting.”

She gasped and pushed me away. “Aish , why didn’t you say earlier!” She dashed back into the apartment and took hold of the cake.

I followed behind and looked at her taking out the cake from the box.

“It’s fine.” She said with a smile and gave me a thumbs up.

I nodded my head and closed the door and came into the kitchen. She stood there and raised her hands up to reach for the plates above her. However, she was not tall enough and I got it for her from the back and gave it to her.

She blushed.”K-Komawo.” She looked down hurriedly.

“Wait, don’t cut it yet.” I said to her. She gave me a curious look, “Waeyo?”

I wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her to face me. She tried avoiding eye contact but it seemed to failed. I took her hands and placed them over my heart, “Babo yah. Saranghae.”

She coughed and anxiously pushed me off her and turned back to face the cake. “What are you talking?”

I lowered my head to her shoulder and whispered, “Merry Christmas , Ji Eun. You’re the special one for me.”

She nodded her quickly and serves the cake for me. “T-Try it.”

I smiled at her and took the plate. I held onto the fork and dipped into the soft chocolate cake and tasted it. “Delicious, It isn’t that bad.” I said.

Ji Eun held onto her hands tightly and looked at me , “Really?”

I placed the plate down and crossed my arms, “Aish. I only say once.”

She chuckled and nodded her head. The room fell into silence and both of us were looking at each other. She blushed. I blushed. I played with my fingers and took a deep breathe.

Slowly, I moved nearer to her face and planted a kiss on her lips. Her soft lips made my heart race madly and caused butterflies in my stomach. She didn’t resist neither did she do anything, she stood still and allowed me to part away slowly. “Ji Eun , Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

At first , she was frowning but the frown slowly changes to a smile on her face and she nodded her head excitedly.

“Yes! Woohoo!” I jumped in joy.  I planted another kiss on her forehead, “Now, You’re officially mine.”

“Mwo? No way!” She said. I got surprised with her answer and she teased , “Woo Young ah, correct that. I’m forever and officially yours.”

I chuckled at her answer and pinched her cheeks. She whined and slapped my chest gently.

Suddenly, she dipped her hand into the cake and wiped across my face and I groaned. “Yah! Lee Ji Eun!”

She giggled and started running around in the living room and I held onto the whole cake , trying to aim her and smash the cake at her face.

For awhile , she stopped her footsteps and looked up at the clock. “Eotteoke? Woo Young ah.”

“Waeyo?” I titled my head at her and she frowned.

“My bread dough are still waiting for me.” She pouted her lips at me and I gave her a stern look and joked. “Is your bread dough more important than me?” I tried to sound a little angry.

She walked towards me and tucked the edge of my shirt, ”Woo Young ah. Bread dough seems to be more important.”

“Mwo!” I glared at her and raised the cake in my hand and slammed at her face, “That’s your punishment!” I giggled and started running away as she glared at me and shouted, “Yah! Jang Woo Young! You stay there! You better do!”

“Why should I ?!” I did a mehrong at her. She gritted her teeth and came near me with her hands full of the chocolate.

“Andwae!” I yelled.

“Jang Woo Young! You stay there! I’m your girlfriend! Do you know that!” She yelled at me in frustration as she couldn’t catch me.

And just like this, my Christmas was complete with her laughter and smiling face.