Finale

She's Gone

It was night time, and she was checking the day’s news after an exhausting shift at work. She scrolled through several sites, sighing at the pictures and videos she saw. She felt guilty beyond reason when the green eyed monster known as jealousy reared its ugly head in her heart. She thought about how she really shouldn’t be torturing herself like this.

She knew that Jongin was an idol, that this was his life now, and she knew that he loved her. But it didn’t stop the ever increasing feeling in her heart that she didn’t belong in his life anymore. That she wasn’t good enough for him.

It wasn’t even her looks. Quite frankly, she didn’t give a damn what people saw when they looked at her. She felt tears welling up in her eyes, not for the first time that week. She told herself, then, that it had to stop.

It wasn’t fair that Jongin got to totally reinvent himself as Kai, a y dancer in an internationally-known boy band. It wasn’t fair that Jongin got to be happy while she sat in her apartment, alone and utterly miserable.

In so many words, being with Jongin wasn’t what she wanted anymore. She hated crying over someone who, even though he claimed to be her boyfriend, never called, or texted. Someone who frequently couldn’t remember important events (such as the anniversary he’d missed over a month ago). He hadn’t even sent flowers as an apology, as he usually did. He skipped out all too often on the dates that had been his idea in the first place.

And yeah, okay.. Maybe she should’ve known this would happen when Jongin debuted. But he had promised her so many times that he would be the boyfriend she had always loved. Well.. He had broken that promise, and she was suffering for it. But she wouldn’t for much longer.

~

Figuring that it was the one chance she had to see Jongin, she waited for Exo-K’s arrival at the SM Entertainment building. Once they stepped out of the van, it didn’t take long for Jongin to spot her and grab her arm.

He dragged her with him inside the building, much to the displeasure of the thousands of screaming fangirls outside. She said nothing and neither did he, but she could feel the anger radiating off him in waves. He dragged her into an empty practice room and practically exploded.

    “What the hell are you doing here? Don’t you value your personal safety? Those fangirls out there are ready to murder you,” Jongin pulled her into him, making her feel even worse for what she was about to do.

She took a deep breath, knowing there wasn’t an easy way around it. She pulled herself free, ignoring the hurt that flashed in Jongin’s eyes.

    “Jongin-ah.. I want to break up,” Jongin froze, and then he closed his eyes. She swallowed, feeling the guilt eat her alive. “I know I’m being selfish, but it hurts to be with you. I’ve started hating people I don’t know, getting jealous for absolutely no reason, and it’s turning me bitter. I don’t want to be like that, Jongin. I’m sorry.” She started crying. “So let’s just end this.”

Jongin was silent, and when he opened his eyes, they were full of hurt and resignation. He knew that every word she’d said was true, and he was grateful she hadn’t said worse things. He hugged her tightly against him, just one last time. She was still crying, but she already felt better. Like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

    “I know,” he whispered. “I’m sorry too. I love you. Just remember that. Please?” he begged, and she nodded.

    “I love you too, Jongin-ah,” she kissed him on the lips and then she turned to leave. She ignored the pitying looks that the rest of Exo-K gave her and left the building, trying not to think about how guilty she felt for leaving Jongin in such a miserable state. Once she was on the street, away from the fangirls (distractedly, she thought about how she would have to leave her apartment building in disguise for a few months), she stopped in a café and sat down.

She looked at the people passing by the window, and smiled. She felt that she had done the right thing back there, even if it had hurt them both deeply. Things would be better for both of them in the future. She was oddly sure of that.
____________________________________________________________________________

This idea also came to me at work, lolol. I get so many ideas at work, I've taken to keeping a journal in my purse for when inspiration strikes. XD

I hope you enjoyed reading. ^^

 

Also... I don't normally ask for comments, but I would really appreciate hearing people's thoughts on this. Please? It motivates me to write so much more.

~~

Til next time, loves. ^.~