Will you marry me?

The Proposal

     -Venezia, Italy. 7:30PM-

     On a clear and joyful night at the European country, a couple was getting ready for a night at the town. They were staying at a penthouse at Linda Vista Hotel, one of the most prestigious hotels ever. Jihyun was finishing doing her make-up while Sungmin was doing the finishing touches to his hair. "Are you ready, baby?" he half shouted from the master bedroom. "Almost~" Jihyun sang song in response from the bathroom. Sungmin chuckled and took a last look on the mirror with a wink included before making his way towards the living room. "I look so stunning" Jihyun giggled softly while looking at her reflection. "This is going to be the best Valentine's Day ever~" she added and exited the bathroom to look for her boyfriend. He was in the living with a blank face and Jihyun found that attractive about him.

     Sungmin's thoughts were interrupted by the echoing steps of Jihyun's stilettos. That sound is so familiar to him. "Shall we go?" she asked cheerfully. When Sungmin raised his face, his eyes widened of what his girlfriend was wearing. He stood up from the sofa to take a closer look at her from head to toe.

     Jihyun was wearing a red sequin and satin halter mini dress that adjusted to her curvy petite figure. He almost had a heart attack seeing the thigh-length high measurement, it was dangerously short to his liking. The black stilettos took over the edge completely, making her look really feminine and daring at the same time. Her caramel colored hair was wavy with straight bangs. The simple make-up was all there was needed to keep the whole look balanced. The smell of her perfume lingered on Sungmin's nose. 'Goddess by Baby Phat'

     On ther other hand, Jihyun couldn't take her eyes off Sungmin. He was wearing black dress shirt with a satin red vest that hugged his toned upper body. His slacks were adjusted to the right size along with his shiny dress shoes., his black hair slick and shiny. The smell of his Polo Black perfume drove Jihyun crazy, since it's her favorite male scent. 'So manly and presentable'

     After gazing at each other for a while, Sungmin made the first step in getting close to Jihyun. "You look so beautiful this evening" he complimented and took her hand to twirl her around so he could see everything up-close. "Thank you" she smiled shyly "And you look really handsome this evening" Jihyun placed her hands on his shoulders, rubbing them suggestively. Sungmin smirked and wrapped his arms around the petite waist, bringing her closer to him. Before she could say anything, Sungmin's lips made their way to hers, embracing them in a brief lip lock.

     "I love your lips" Sungmin complemented, breaking the kiss. Jihyun blushed and hid her face on his chest. "Oppa!" she whined. "It's the truth" he defended himself. "I know, but you don't have to say it so directly" she looked up with a pout. Sungmin chuckled and kissed the pout away. "Let's get going" he reminded and Jihyun nodded. Sungmin broke the hug and took Jihyun's hand, interlocking their fingers together. "This is going to be the best Valentine's Day ever" he smiled and the couple exited their penthouse hand-in-hand, closing the door behind them with a soft 'thud'.

     The couple made their way to the elevator, and of course with their hands interlocked. When the doors closed, Sungmin pushed Jihyun gently against the corner, trapping her. "What are you doing?" she purred and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's neck. "Admiring the beauty in front of me" he whispered seductively while biting his lower lip. "I see" Jihyun tip toed a little to leave a small peck on the corner of Sungmin's mouth. "What was that for?" "A little preview of what I'm going to do later" "I can't wait"

     *DING*

     The elevator came to a halt, indicating that the desired floor was going to open its doors. "Let's go. A wonderful night is waiting for us" Jihyun said with a wink, dragging Sungmin with her towards the car. When they were close to the black Acura, Sungmin opened the doors automatically, but of course, letting Jihyun first. "Get in" Jihyun obeyed, settling herself inside the comfortable vehicle. Sungmin slammed the door softly before jogging to the other side and settling himself also.

     Then, he put his seat belt on and glaced over his girlfriend who was struggling to put hers on. Sungmin chuckled, observing the angelic face of the caramel haired woman. Her big doe-eyes showing frustration, and he found that cute. "Let me help you" he offered and with no trouble at all, he lock the seat belt easily. "Thank you~" Jihyun beamed happily. "You're welcome sweetie. Now let's have the time of our lives" Sungmin grinned and started the car before taking one of Jihyun's hands with his own. "Next stop: Osteria Mozza" he announced and the couple drove away to their desired destination.

     The ride was silent. It wasn't because there was nothing to to talk about. And they were talking, by using body language. Any gesture transports a message. It was a very loving atmosphere.

     Finally, they arrived at their destination. "Here we are baby" Sungmin announced as he stopped the car at the parking's entrance. Jihyun was dazed by the breathtaking view of the place. Her eyes watered because her dream came true. "Sungmin-ah" she unbuckled her seat belt and hugged the said man tightly. "Thank you so much for bringing me here" she sobbed. "I always wanted to come here with the man I love" "And now you do" Sungmin returned the hug. "You deserve the best. Now, let's get going, hm?" Jihyun nodded in understanding.

     Sungmin exited his door and jogged to the other side and opening the door for his girlfriend. "May you take my hand, my lady?" he asked like a gentleman should. "Of course my gentleman" Jihyun accepted the hand gladly. Then, she exited the car with no trouble at all. Sungmin shut the door softly and escorted his girlfriend to the restaurant.

     Once in front of it, Sungmin opened the door for Jihyun to enter first. "After you" "Thank you". Once inside the restaurant, the couple gasped at the beautiful surroundings. Everything was decorated with hearts, flowers and even a chocolate fountain was visible. The colors blended really well for the occasion.

     The couple walked to the front desk and behind it stood a handsome man in his late twenties with a wide smile. "Good evening" he greeted. "Welcome to Osteria Mozza. My name's Park Jungsu" he introduced himself and grabbed the menus. "Right this way, please" he instructed.

     "Here's your table. Near the window, where you can see the city" the manager announced as he was settling the menus on the table. "Your waiter will arrive shortly to take your order. Happy Valentine's Day" he smiled and left. Everything was amazing inside. The main room had the lights dim, creating a more private and romantic atmosphere. The walls were decorated with love paintings. There was also a stage. Let's not forget the dance floor where the couples will dance later on tonight.

     When the couple was alone for the moment, Sungmin made the first move in pulling the fancy chair out for Jihyun. "After you, babe" he winked. Jihyun smiled and sat down comfortably. "Thank you my darling" "Anything for you" Sungmin responded and settled in his fancy chair across his girlfriend. Then, both started to scan the menu.

     "What would you like to drink, Minnie?" Jihyun asked, her eyes focused on the menu. "Cranberry juice" Sungmin answered. "Hmm... I'll have the same thing too". Before anything could be said, the waiter appeared. He looked kind of short for his age. Small sharp eyes, sharp nose, curvy lips and a glowing baby face that question his real age. His brunette hair was short, with the bangs swept aside.

     "Good evening. My name's Kim Ryeowook and I'll be your waiter" the said man introduced himself. "Would you like something to drink?" "Yes. We will have cranberry juice, please" Sungmin answered. "All right, two glasses of cranberry juice coming up" Ryeowook bowed and left.

     "So..." Jihyun started "What would you like to eat" she asked, her eyes focused on her boyfriend. "How about I eat you instead?" Sungmin asked seductively, wiggling his eyebrows. Jihyun blushed at his answer. "Too early for that, don't you think?" she winked. "Oh really?" the black haired man asked. "Really"

     "Here you go" Ryeowook appeared and passed the drinks to the couple. The glasses were in shape of a heart. "Thank you" the couple said in unison. "You're welcome. Are you ready to order?" Ryeowook asked. "Yes. I'll have the 18 oz. Sirloin steak, well done, with garlic mashed potatoes please" Sungmin ordered and the waiter wrote it down. "And for the lady?" but before Jihyun could open , Sungmin spoke before her. "Well, MY lady wants the spaghetti carbonara and on the side, a Cesar salad loaded with mozzarella cheese" Sungmin emphasized. "Oh, and don't forget some pieces of lemon" he added.

     "Okay, I guess that's all for now. The food will come out momentarily" Ryeowook grabbed the menus as he spoke. "I hope you enjoy your visit" and with that, he left.

     After that, Jihyun turned her head and stared at Sungmin. "What?" he asked. "Nothing. I just love looking at your handsome face" she answered and threw a flying kiss to his direction. Sungmin caught it and hid it inside his vest's pocket. "It's inside my heart now" he smiled and reached for Jihyun's hand, caressing it tenderly. And there they were, staring at each other across the table and the candle making their skin glow. They just love each other so much, nobody can break them apart.

     "Here's your order~" Ryeowook beamed, holding onto the food tray. He passed the respective plates with the napkins. "Here you go guys, enjoy your meal" and with that being said, the young waiter left the mushy couple to have their privacy.

     When they were finally alone, Sungmin spoke "I would like to make a toast" he raised his glass and Jihyun did the same. "For our eternal love" he declared and Jihyun smiled. Then, they clinked their glasses, the sound sealing their love. Then, they mouthed 'I love you' to each other and started eating.

     Their dinner became a flirt fest. Sharing, feeding each other, you name it. After finishing their meal, Ryeowook cleared the plated and brought the huge dessert. It was called 'Lover's Nest'.

 

     "Here's the check. Remember to stay for the performance, okay?" Ryeowook stated and the couple nodded in agreement. "Thank you for your service, Wook. Here's your tip for such an awesome job" Sungmin smiled, giving the young waiter the money. "Woah! A $25 tip?!" Ryeowook widened his eyes. "All yours" "Thank you so much" the young waiter bowed deeply and left with a huge grin.

     "He sure is happy" Jihyun chuckled, watching the young figure from afar. "He deserves it" Sungmin said. "Well, let's dig in" Jihyun started, holding onto her silver spoon. "Whatever you say, wifey" Sungmin joked, digging his spoon into the fancy dessert and placing a small portion inside his mouth.

     Jihyun blushed slightly hearing her boyfriend calling her wifey. "Baby, can I have some?" Sungmin asked huskily. The said woman nodded and took a fair scoop of the dessert. With careful gestures, she fed him sensually. "Sweet" he complemented, savoring the sweet brownie ice cream. They were mushy most of the time, flirting with each other to no end. Sending flying kisses with winks included.

     The dessert was finished just in time for the performance. The dimmed lights were off and the colorful spotlights were on, focusing on the empty stage. Just then, Leeteuk appeared with a microphone in hand. "Good evening" he started. "I would like to thank all the lovely couples that are with us tonight celebrating this special day" he smiled. "Now, the moment that all of you have been waiting for, our surprised guests for tonight. Presenting: Cho Kyuhyun and Choi Sooyoung!" Leeteuk finally revealed the special guests and the crowd went crazy. The pair is a very famous singing duo. They are commonly known as KyuYoung.

     Jihyun squealed in delight seeing her favorite singers in person. Sungmin chuckled seeing his girlfriend's excitement. "Oppa look~" "I know, sweetie. We will meet them later, okay?" Jihyun squealed and hugged him tightly. "Can't wait" she pecked his lips and focused on the stage.

     "Hello lovely couples" the duo greeted in unison. "We know that many of you want to make this night special and yes, we are making it tonight" Kyuhyun explained. "Everyone on the dance floor please" Sooyoung announced. All of the couples got to the dance floor holding onto each other. "This song is dedicated to those of you that want something more with your lover. And tonight, is the night to do so"

The couple on stage grabbed their microphones and the music started....

I see you just looking at me
Kotoba kawasu hitsuyou nai
Hayamaru kimochi osae baby
feel alright, feel alright
(Sooyoung)

Close your eyes, come feel my voice
You and me hajima ruyo late show
One touch dewakaru like magic
And I just lose my mind
(Kyuhyun)

*Put your arms around me nice & slow
Aserazu hold me all nite long
RIZUMU oi nagara
Karamaru body body feels so right
Marude very first time
(Both)

**Put your arms around nice & slow
Nandomo playback ai no
Afureru L.O.V.E.
Oboreteku futari feels so right
just like the very first time
(Both)

Time is right sou, chikaduite
Lalala? kokochiyoi MERODI
Can’t stop fallin’ kimi ni ochiru
feel me right, feel you right
Time is right yeah, come close to me
(Kyuhyun)

Say my name,
Understand afure dasu omoi ni
Jirasu kimi no sono taido
And it just makes me wild
(Sooyoung)

*Repeat (Both)
**Repeat (Both)
move your body closer to me (Sooyoung)
rock it slow don’t rush anything (Kyuhyun)
*Repeat (Both)
**Repeat (Both)

     The couples on the dance floor were on their own world without interfering with other couples, holding on protectively as if some stranger will harm them, following the rhythm of the song without missing a beat. Sharing a few kisses from time to time and whispering sweet stuff. It was just amazing. It's true when it's said that love is in the air.

     The most outstanding from all of them were Sungmin and Jihyun, the mushiest couple ever. The caramel haired woman wrapped her arms around Sungmin's neck and nuzzled it with her glossy lips, sending some shivers to him. She slowly closed her eyes, feeling the warm body of her man close to hers. His arms were wrapped around her petite waist, slowly but carefully were sliding off and settled on her wide hips, then, without warning, his hands moved over her behind, squeezing it softly. Jihyun instantly opened her big eyes and looked up at the smirking Sungmin, her face flushed.

     'You want to play? Fine' she thought mentally. She returned the favor by grinding sensually on Sungmin, earning a small groan from the said man. Jihyun smirked in victory and hugged him tightly as if nothing happened. Sungmin smiled at the teases of his girlfriend.

     "You love teasing, huh?" he whispered ily to her ear. She nodded in the embrace. "Well, you started it" she pointed out, guiding the swings of the music. "But you love it" Sungmin smirked, staring at the beautiful eyes of his girlfriend. Before she could speak, Sungmin's lips were on her for an slow and intoxicating kiss. Jihyun smiled through it, loving the feel of being melted repeatedly.

     Sungmin broke the kiss and stared deep into Jihyun's eyes. 'So innocent and fragile' he thought. 'So masculine and protective' she thought back. Jihyun embraced her boyfriend again before the song ended. Sungmin took the chance to whisper something to her ear. "Sweetie, after we meet KyuYoung, we are going to exit quickly because there is a place I want to take you to" he explained and Jihyun was curious "Where are you taking me?" "It's a secret, do you trust me?" Jihyun nodded.

     Just then, cheers, whistles and applause could be heard all together. Kyuhyun and Sooyoung held hands and bowed. "Come on, this is our chance" Sungmin grabbed Jihyun's hand protectively and both walked in a hurry towards the end of the stage. Leeteuk was there busy with the spotlights. "Um, Leeteuk-Ssi?" Sungmin called out, more like a whisper. "Yes?" the manager turned around with a smile. "My girlfriend is a big fan of KyuYoung, and I was wondering, can we meet them, just for a moment?" the black haired man asked with a hint of nervousness in his voice. "Sure, just wait here"

     "You brought the camera, right?" "Of course, how can I forget?" Sungmin took the item from his pocket. 'We will meet them for a brief moment and then get out of here so I can complete my task' he reminded himself mentally but kept his compusture. Both were oblivious of two figures walking towards them.

     "Hello" Kyuhyun and Sooyoung greeted in unison. "H-Hi" Jihyun stuttered a little. Her favorite singers were there, smiling widely at her. "W-We are big fans of your music" Sungmin also stuttered and the duo found that adorable. "There's no need to be nervous. We are really glad that our music is of your liking" Sooyoung smiled. "Can I have your autograph?" Jihyun asked nervously. "Sure" the duo signed the autograph book with their neat cursive.

     "There you go" Kyuhyun returned the item. "May we know your names?" Sooyoung asked. "My name's Lee Jihyun and he is my boyfriend Lee Sungmin" Jihyun introduced. "Nice to meet the two of you and thank you for coming here to see us perform tonight" Sooyoung added. "Before we leave, can we take a picture?" Sungmin asked politely. "Of course you can" Kyuhyun smiled warmly. Sooyoung signaled Leeteuk to come over to take the picture. "Okay guys, don't move" Jihyun and Sungmin got into their places with KyuYoung in between. "One, two, three.."

     *SNAP* the picture was taken.

     "It was awesome meeting you guys" "It was our pleasure. We are going to start our next tour in Korea so, don't miss it, okay?" Sooyoung explained. "We won't" Jihyun cheered. Sungmin just chuckled at his girlfriend's cuteness. He pulled her wrist, indicating that they should get going.

     "Well, we need to go now and awesome show by the way" Jihyun said honestly. The duo just smiled in response. "All right, we will see the two of you at one of our concerts then" the four of them hugged tightly. "Take care, okay?" Kyuhyun said in an advice tone of voice. "You too"

     "Oh, and more thing... Happy Valentine's Day~" the duo beamed. "Thanks" the couple said in unison. "Bye~" Jihyun waved playfully with Singmin dragging her out and waving also. Now it's time for the real thing.

     "The couple walked in a hurry to the black Acura. Like a gentleman, Singmin opened the car door for Jihyun before settling himself in. He started the engine, and fasten the seat belts before exiting the restaurant and now, driving to the 'Secret place'.

     "Is it a long ride?" Jihyun asked. "Well, kind of" Sungmin answered, eyes focused on the road. "You can rest a little if you want, I'll wake you up when we get there, alright?" he said softly, her thigh gently. "Okay, I'll rest then" she smiled and placed her hand over his before closing her eyes, laying back on the passenger's seat.

     The silence was thick, but thicker was Sungmin's mind. Mixed emotions ran inside his mind and veins. He shook the thoughts away and glanced to his right, watching the angelic face of his girlfriend. She was pure perfection in his eyes. After a fifty minute ride, they arrive to a river. Sungmin parked the car between two large pine trees. He turned the engine off and unbuckled his seat belt. "Baby, we're here" Sungmin placed his hand on Jihyun's shoulder, shaking her lightly. Jihyun's eyes fluttered open. "Where are we?" she asked, trying to look around the darkness. "At a river" "Really?!" she beamed happily.

     She didn't wait for her boyfriend to open the car door for her. Jihyun exited in a huge hurry to explore the huge place. The view was amazing. "You like what you see?" Sungmin asked and walked towards her. "Yes, it's awesome" she responded. Sungmin opened his arms widely to receive his girlfriend in a heartwarming embrace. "Thank you so much for bringing me here" Jihyun smiled widely, hugging onto Sungmin tightly. "Glad you like it"

     'The time is now' Sungmin said mentally. Now is the time, now or never. Sungmin cleared his throat and spoke. "Jihyun..." he started. Jihyun frowned and broke the hug slightly. Sungmin never calls her by her name unless there is something serious going on. "Is there something wrong, Minnie?" she asked softly, her eyes blinking cutely. "No sweetie. Nothing is wrong. I just want to tell you something" he assured, taking Jihyun's hands in his and kissing them softly. Jihyun smiled by the affection.

     "Lee Jihyun" Sungmin breathed and continued "We have been together for four years already" Jihyun nodded. "All these years have been the best and I thank you for giving me the love, the advice, the confidence, the humor and the strength that I needed" the caramel haired woman was trying so hard to hold her tears but she held them in. She wants Sungmin to finish what he started.

     "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are my everything, my best friend, my soul, my sunshine and more importantly, you are the reason that I'm still living today, especially on this important day" Sungmin let go of her hands and held her face between his palms. "Saranghae. And I will always love you" he kissed Jihyun's forehead sweetly. The said woman couldn't contain herself anymore and released her tears of happiness. "Oh, oppa!" she hugged him tightly. "Do you mean it? All of it?" she sobbed. "Yes, I do" he answered and tighten the hug. "Qri-ah, there's something I need you to do" "What is it?" she asked cutely. "I want you to look up at the sky" he said. Jihyun nodded and raised her face to look up at the black and starry sky.

 

     Just then, bright colored fireworks pop-out just in time. Jihyun gasped at the sight. "Is this real? Am I dreaming this?" she whispered to herself. The lights were changing randomly and creating beautiful effects. 'Could this night get any better?' She asked herself mentally and her question was answered.

One thousand and one fireworks exploded at the same time spelling:
LEE JIHYUN WILL YOU MARRY ME?♥

     Jihyun covered with her hands, admiring the sky with astonishment and shock. How can someone like Sungmin could pull this off? The next thing she knew was that Sungmin was kneeling in front of her on one knee and his left hand stretched out. He was holding a silky pink box which was opened to reveal a shimmering platinum 5ct Cartier ring. Let's not forget that the diamond was in shape of a heart. Jihyun couldn't believe her eyes. Her boyfriend of four years, proposing to her in such a unique way, she just threw herself at him and nodded uncontrollably.

     "YES LEE SUNGMIN YES!!!" she shouted in happiness and kissed his lips repeatedly. "I'M SO HAPPY!!!" Sungmin returned and stood up with Jihyun in his arms, twirling themselves around. Jihyun giggled cutely by being carried that way. Then, he placed his fiancée onto her feet gently.

     "Can you put it on for me?" Jihyun asked shakily. Sungmin didn't respond. He took Jihyun's left hand and kissed it softly making her blush.

     "With caring gestures, Sungmin grabbed the outstanding ring from the small box and placed it on her fourth finger. It fitted beautifully. Jihyun gazed at it and started tearing up. "It looks beautiful on you" Sungmin kissed her finger and smiled widely. So gently, so pure, so sincere.

     "I think we should get back into the car, it's getting a little chilly" Jihyun shivered slightly. Her fiancé automatically wrapped his arms around her body, warming her up. Jihyun felt so lucky for having someone like Sungmin in her life. They are perfect for each other.

     The engaged couple made their way towards the car and drove away. During the car ride, the couple had their hands intertwined, randomly kissing each other's hand lovingly. "Saranghae, my future wife" Sungmin said from the bottom of his heart. "Nado saranghae, my future husband" Jihyun responded back. "Yongwonhi"

     Both of them were thinking about of what was coming for them in the upcoming future. Whatever or whoever comes in their way, they will fight and win the war. Their love is unbreakable and eternal.

     "Let's promise not to let each other go, NEVER"


 

-THE END-