Chapter 1

Maid in Disguise

 

You flipped the pages of your Math textbook as you sighed in frustration. First day of classes starts tomorrow at your new school, Seoul Academy and you’re obviously not excited. You placed your textbook on the headboard and was about to pull your covers up to your hair.

“SHIM KA NA!” A loud, husky voice shouted from downstairs. You let out a groan. ‘What does he want now?’ You thought, ruffling your hair in annoyance. You pushed away your soft blankets and stood up straight. ‘I’m seriously, going to kill that angry bird.’ You said in your head.

“Yes?” You replied as you reached the last step.

“Go to the dining room, we’re going to talk about a few  things since school will start tomorrow.” He told you with his usual poker face.

‘I really don’t understand this dude.’ You rolled your eyes and went directly in the dining room and took a seat. Kris, on the other hand, rolled his eyes too, followed you and took a seat far from you. “Could you start now? My eyes are starting to hurt.” You told him in a tired but annoyed tone.

“That’s not that right way to talk to the son of your master, right?” He smirked as you shut your mouth, afraid. “Change your attitude, Missy because I won’t have doubts to tell my parents to fire you.” He continued. ‘What a big-headed freak.’ You sighed. “Anyway, tomorrow, pretend that you don’t know me, pretend that you never knew about my existence but when I’ll call you through that phone of yours, be sure to answer and follow everything I’ll say.” You nodded.

‘I’m a maid and a maid’s responsibilities are; cleaning & cooking. Why do I feel like a slave? Damn.’ You thought. ‘He’s even blackmailing me. This .’

“That’s all I want to say. You could go back to your room now.” He told you, emotionless. You stood up from your seat and went back to your room.

Kris was still at the dining room, looking so stunned. ‘That girl.. She’s really something.’ He thought.


It was 2 monthss since you started working for the Wu’s, they needed a maid but when you entered the mansion, a few months ago, your left eyebrow rose. ‘Why do they need a new maid? They’re mansion is so freakin’ clean!’

You weren’t working for the Wu’s because you needed money to support yourself, but actually you needed the money to put it in your bank account. Both of your parents died a few years ago, leaving you. You searched for a job that gives a good pay because you didn’t want to spend your parents’ money, you didn’t want to spend their hardwork.

Morning came and you were now at Seoul Academy, you didn’t clean in the morning since there was a morning maid and Mrs. Wu didn’t want you to clean. As you slid the glass door, a wave of murmurs filled your ears.

“A commoner in Seoul Academy? But how..?”, “I heard her mother was a beggar..”

You shut your eyes to calm yourself. This was too much.


After classes ended, you sighed remembering you have loads of homework to do. You thought teachers will take it easy on you since it was your first day. You didn’t have new friends either since you were popular all around the school for being the commoner. No one dared to speak to you except the teacher who call you up to answer a Math problem on the board. Everyone expected you to answer it wrong but what they didn’t know was; you’re best in Math and Science, the two subjects were even your favorite. The teacher even mouthed ‘impossible’ to your classmates after checking that you wrote the right answer.

To sum it all up, school . Students were so full of themselves and teachers were so arrogant.

You went home immediately as the school bell rang. You can’t forget that aside from the homework, you have chores to finish up this evening. Once you stepped in the Wu’s fully furnished mansion, you heard someone playing the piano. Memories of your mom showed up in your head. You were missing you parents terribly and you won’t hesitate to bring back time.

Your thoughts were blown away as you heard someone calling your name from the music room.

Mrs. Wu.

 

“Kana-ya!” You immediately ran to the music room after setting your school shoes neatly aside.

“Ne?” You answered politely as you still looked at Mrs. Wu in awe. She’s at her early 40s but she looks like a teenager!

“You play instruments right? I hear you knew how to play the piano.” She beamed.

‘How did she know?’ You asked yourself but you nodded as a reply.

“Play for me.” She told you as Mr. Wu arrived at the music room with a soft smile playing on his lips. He was himself, gorgeous. Everyone things he resembles DBSK’s Jaejoong and he’s also in his early 40s.

‘But it’s been years since I haven’t touched piano keys!’ You said to your mind. You think you forgot how to play but the truth is; you’re just shy.

“I would like to hear you play!” Mr. Wu exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around his beautiful wife. All in all, they were both perfect, inside and out.

“But—.” They cut you off with a please. You sighed in defeat, you can’t say no to the two people who treated you like their daughter, even thought you only worked for them for only a few months. “Uhh. Okay.” You muttered as you walked towards the piano with a nervous look on your face. Mrs. Wu smiled at seeing you like this. You looked so fragile to them.

As you sat down the chair facing the keys, your heart rose. It was absolutely clear, you missed this. You gently closed your eyes as you felt your fingers touch the keys. Then you started playing a piece that you never ever forgot, a piece your mom help you make.

The couple stared at you with a soft smile on their lips.

Little did everyone know that someone was staring at you with admiring eyes as the person’s heart is melting every second.


Kris Wu.



Sorry for the long wait. -____- The link below is MiD's ish teaser. Watch it if you like. :)
Maid in Disguise Teaser