[Jongkey] All the Same

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

This is not a new oneshot. For more information, refer to THIS BLOG.
______________________________________________________________________________

Jonghyun couldn't help feeling satisfied when he eyed the cold, shivering man on his doorstep. He'd known that Key would be back, but he didn't know it would be only days after he'd left. He opened the door wider, signaling for the man to come in.

Key stepped inside and toed his shoes off before turning to look at Jonghyun. The look in his eyes was conflicted. There was love there, yes, but there was also a new emotion that Jonghyun didn't like at all: hate. He waited, knowing that an explanation of some sort would be coming very shortly. Tears slipped out of Key's eyes.


  "I love you so much, Jonghyun. Why do you hate me?" Jonghyun was taken by surprise at the question. He had expected anger, not sadness. He was still floundering for an answer when Key spoke again. "I'm tired. I'm so tired of this, Jonghyun. I know. I know every single lie you've ever told me. I know that every night you were late that you with with her. Why would you flaunt that in front of me? Does my pain make you happy? I don't know why. Why can't you love me anymore? I don't understand. I'm not strong enough to stay away from you. But God, I wish I was."

Jonghyun fell to his knees. He knew that Key would find out eventually, but his expectation of Key's reaction was not met in any way. He'd expected a fiery, angry diva in front of him. Not this... broken mess. Never that. The satisfaction of Key coming back turned into guilt. He reached out and tried to touch Key, but his hands was swatted off.
    

  "Key I-," "Save it. I don't know why I bothered coming here in the first place. You're a waste of time," Key started to walk off but Jonghyun grabbed his wrist.

  "I'm sorry," he said lowly, with his head bowed. Key snorted.

  "It's a little late for that, Jonghyun," he snatched his wrist out of Jonghyun's grasp and walked away. Jonghyun never said it wouldn't happen again, because they both knew it would be a lie. And Jonghyun knew that he'd lied enough already.

Forbidden fruit was always sweeter, and when it was so readily available (and willing to be eaten) as Shin Se Kyung, it was nigh irresistable. Only, it wasn't forbidden fruit anymore because he wasn't taken anymore. The empty feeling in his gut told him that he'd never be attracted to Shin Se Kyung again. Not since he'd lost the love of his life while he was 'loving' her.

While a part of Jonghyun selfishly never wanted him to, he prayed that Key could move on. Jonghyun didn't know if he ever could.
    

  "I love you, Key. I hope you can find happiness," he whispered to the empty, silent room.

  ~~~

Months after Key had walked out, Jonghyun was a mess. He would go to work, and come home. He drank himself to sleep on the weekends and whenever he didn't have to work. Somewhere in the back of his mind, a little voice told him that his coping method wasn't at all healthy. He ignored it and drowned it in more alcohol.

He was sitting in front of his TV on a random Saturday afternoon. He had actually planned on going out to buy groceries since all he had in his fridge was soju. But he when he'd looked outside that morning and saw it was pouring rain, he decided it wasn't worth it. He hated the rain passionately. He sighed and looked out his living room window yet again, hoping that the rain would let up so he could buy groceries. He was hungry for the first time in what felt like weeks.

' it' he finally decided. It was worth it to go outside for food. He was just slipping his shoes on when he heard a knock on the door. He was slightly curious to who it could be since his work friends didn't know where he lived.

He opened the door and stared stupidly at Key, who was holding a couple bags of groceries. Numbly, he opened the door wider for Key, and took his shoes back off. Key just walked past him and into the kitchen, putting away the various items he'd bought. When he was done, he walked out and started to put his shoes back on before Jonghyun spoke.

   "Why?" his voice was hoarse with disuse. Key stopped before he looked at Jonghyun and shrugged.

  "I know you better than you know yourself, Kim Jonghyun. I figured you'd find it too much of a hassle to go outside in the rain and buy groceries, which, by now, you need. I'll be going now," Jonghyun slammed the door shut. He looked at Key and tears pooled in his eyes. He slumped down and cried.

  "I'm sorry, Key. I wish you'd believe me when I say I love you, but I know it's too late for apologies. If he cheats once, he'll cheat again, right? I hope one day you can find it in you to forgive me, and I hope you can find happiness, because once you were gone I lost the reason for mine," he felt Key's arms wrap around him. He looked at Jonghyun for several seconds and then started crying with him.

  "It took everything I had to convince myself not to come here again, but I still lost in the end. I can't stay away from you Jonghyun. No matter how hard I try. I don't care about what happened back then anymore. I just miss you. I hate it, but I miss you so much. If I give you another chance and you screw it up--," Key didn't get to finish his sentence because Jonghyun kissed him. Jonghyun sighed in relief and held Key in his arms.

   "Yah, I didn't say I would give you another chance, but I guess I will. After all, who'd look after you if I didn't, pabo. Since you obviously don't take care of yourself," Key glared at him and then glared at the collection of empty soju bottles on his coffee table. Jonghyun just chuckled, feeling giddy. This time around, he wouldn't be the guy who makes the stupid mistakes. He would work on being a better man.
_____________________________________________________________

LOOOOOL, the cheesy ending. I can't help it. I'm bad at happy endings. BAD. B-A-D.

Hope y'all enjoyed this, though~

~~
Til next time, loves. ^o~