[Jongho] If You Can't Say Something Nice...

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

He wasn't expecting much. He hadn't even been expecting a relationship, really. He had just been screwing around. So why, then, did he slam Jonghyun against a wall in anger? He kissed Jonghyun, though passion had no part in this kiss. It was pure instinct, a raw need for dominance. A need to claim what was his. And Jonghyun fought every second of it.

He pushed Jonghyun's shirt up, and was in the process of trying to pull his pants off when Jonghyun punched him. There were tear marks on Jonghyun's face, which he simply refused to let himself feel guilty for.

    "What's the matter? Don't you like it?" the hard, bitter mocking tone coming out of his mouth was not like him at all. But then again, trying to Jonghyun wasn't like him, either.

Jonghyun could only shiver and cry, not answering the question. He scoffed.

    "I really should've known. People will always leave once they find something better," Jonghyun flinched. So he'd apparently struck a nerve.

    "N-no.. That's not the case, Mi--," "Don't with me. What else reason would you screw around? I've been told I'm a pretty good lay. So why? Was having my legs spread wide open for you all the time not enough anymore? Should I learn new tricks?" Minho really couldn't stop the harsh words coming out of his mouth. Jonghyun flushed guiltily and turned his head away. "Forget it. We were never together in the first place. I don't even know why I got so angry. Have a nice time with Taemin, you ing e."

Minho started towards his bedroom but stopped when he felt a tug on his sleeve. It was pathetically weak, in reality. But it felt like the strongest grip in the world.

    "Please.. Minho...," Jonghyun begged. He turned to look at Jonghyun.

    "Who's it gonna be? Him... or me? Either way, you're going to lose one of us," Minho levelled his gaze at Jonghyun. Uncertainty passed over Jonghyun's face. There were several moments of silence. "Goddamn it, Jonghyun. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Life doesn't work that way. It never will."

Jonghyun looked away, and Minho broke out of Jonghyun's grasp. "See? The choice wasn't so hard after all." He started walking away once more when Jonghyun spoke up.

    "You... weren't just a good lay for me. There's a great personality under all your insecurity. I'm.. I'm sorry. I ed up," it was Minho's turn to look away. He tugged his shirt away from Jonghyun.

    "Once a cheater, always a cheater," he murmured and he heard Jonghyun trying to cry quietly. "I can't be around you right now. My trust in you.. it's completely ed. I'm not saying I don't want to start over. I just.. I need some space." He saw Jonghyun nod slowly.

    "I'm willing, Minho," Jonghyun sounded convincing enough. "I am."

~*~

He felt stupid. Really. He didn't even know how he'd passed high school. Clearly, Jonghyun thought he was an idiot, at any rate.

He'd sounded so convincing when he said he was willing to work things out. Obviously, he'd been lying and Minho had been stupid enough to want to believe Jonghyun. Well, he'd correct that mistake. Right here and now.

He unlocked the apartment door, knowing with absolute certainty that Taemin and Jonghyun were in the bedroom. He'd gotten the okay from his boss to take off early with the sole intention of catching them together. As he neared the bedroom, he heard the oh so familiar sounds of . He opened the bedroom door as quietly as possible, and accomplished the goal of coming into the room unseen. He closed the door quietly and stood against it.

Well, well. It was someone new. Minho didn't know who this one was, but he obviously wasn't Taemin. He was a little concerned when he didn't feel anything but amusement watching his boyfriend another man. He only looked up when he realized the sounds had finally quit. Both the new guy and Jonghyun were looking at him with complete shock on their faces. He chuckled, and was pleased when Jonghyun paled a little at the sound.

    "Oh don't mind me. Carry on," he said easily, and slid down the door. He sat with the door at his back, blocking their exit. "I won't bother you much. I'm just here for the show," he smirked, and the other guy raised his eyebrow at Jonghyun.

    "Who the does he think he is?" the guy asked. Jonghyun swallowed.

    "Kibum, I ha--," "Oh, I'm no one," Minho cut Jonghyun off. "I'm just his boyfriend. Or maybe he told you I was a roommate. Or maybe he didn't even tell you I existed at all. Oh well. Doesn't really matter. All I did was spread my legs for him anyway." Jonghyun looked positively sick. The guy named Kibum looked strangely calm.

    "I should've listened to my friend when he told me what a ing scumbag you are. I guess we really know how to pick them," he got up. "If you ever try to contact me or my friend Taemin ever again, I will delightfully chop your off. Have a nice day, Jonghyun." Minho shivered at the ice in Kibum's tone. He stood aside to let Kibum leave, and wasn't surprised when Kibum stopped to talk to him.

    "You need to leave him. He's destroying you," Minho could only feel shame at Kibum's words. A complete stranger had seen right through him. Didn't that mean Jonghyun could too?

There was total silence after Kibum left. Minho didn't have the slightest idea where to begin. Finally, he just got up and began to pack his things. He'd learned his lesson. He was going to listen to his rational side this time.

He didn't say a single word to Jonghyun. He didn't even spare Jonghyun a glance, at least.. Not until he was completely through packing his things. Jonghyun looked broken, laying there on the bed. He wasn't even going to try to defend himself. Pathetic.

All the things left unsaid between them... Minho figured they were better left unsaid anyway. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, right?

The door closed, and he heard Jonghyun start to sob. Even though he badly wanted to go back and comfort Jonghyun, he couldn't. He'd already done his part. He'd fought for what he wanted. But in the end, it was not something he should've been fighting for. Jonghyun had only left him battle-scarred and war-weary. So he didn't bother saying goodbye before walking away. He felt that it was better that way.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ahh, this didn't exactly come out the way I wanted it to. But I guess it's kind of okay? OTL

I don't know where all the angsty Jongho is coming from lately. It just.. kind of spewed out. I wasn't even in a bad mood this time. ._.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~ ☺ ♥ ♫