[Jongho] Til Death Do Us Part

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

Implied!Character death
__________________________________________________________________

Jonghyun was beyond creeped out when he started seeing a man who seemed to follow him everywhere. At work. At the grocery store. On the subway. He wondered if he was going crazy, since he would walk over and no one was there. He hadn't told a soul of his problem. Not even Kibum. Or rather, especially not Kibum. Because Kibum would probably admit him to the nut house.

Then suddenly, everything seemed way too real.

And really, it was so cliche. Like a scene out of a drama. He tripped over a stupid small pebble in the street and braced himself for a fall. But he never did hit the pavement. He looked up and there stood that weird gorgeous guy he'd been seeing everywhere. He couldn't say he wasn't still creeped out. Up close, the guy's eyes were intense.

    "Are you okay?" Jonghyun nodded mechanically.

    "Stupid pebble. That never happens to me, I swear. It was a one time thing," he sighed when the guy started laughing. "I was beginning to think you weren't real." The guy raised an eyebrow.

    "Ehh? I've never seen you before. I was across the street when I noticed some guy tripping. My sister calls it my 'knight in shining armor' complex. Whenever I see people about to get hurt, I help them," Jonghyun hummed in understanding. "What's your name, by the way?"

    "The name's Minho," Minho answered easily. "What's yours?"

    "Jonghyun. Well anyway, thanks. Your help is much appreciated," Minho nodded. "Would you.. ah, like to get coffee sometime? Now that I know you're not some weird stalker." Minho laughed again.

    "I thought you'd never ask. Are you free now?" Jonghyun smirked.

    "Sure."

Minho was cocky and he sure didn't like to lose. Jonghyun liked that about him. Because he and Minho both worked during the day, they could only meet at night. Jonghyun didn't really see this as a problem. What they had going on.. it was nothing serious. So Jonghyun didn't get his feelings too hurt any time Minho called to tell him he couldn't hang out that night.

Until, gradually, Jonghyun realized that he was falling for the cocksure bastard that was Minho. It did, in fact, start to bother him that he couldn't see Minho during the day. He wanted to be one of those cheesy people who surprised their significant other with a lunch box at work. It was kind of embarassing, and yeah, he'd probably blush. But he would admit it to anyone who asked.

    "Aww, isn't that cute?~" Kibum mocked. "You looove Minho." He shot an annoyed glance at Kibum.

    "Yeah, I do. So you tell me why he said seeing his workplace was a no-no. He refused to let me see what he does for a living," Jonghyun banged his forehead. 'Plus, I still see that creepy.. thing that looks like him,' he thought and shuddered. "I really don't see a reason."

    "Maybe he's ashamed. Like.. he's a e or something," Kibum suggested, and Jonghyun glared at him.

    "There's no way Minho's a e," he didn't leave room for discussion. Kibum shrugged.

    "I dunno, then," well wasn't Kibum ever so helpful. Just like always.

    "Thanks so much for all the help," Jonghyun mumbled sarcastically.

    "You're welcome," Kibum said cheerfully, completely ignoring his sarcasm. Jonghyun left Kibum's as confused as he always was.

Minho came to Jonghyun's apartment that night looking awful. He was deathly pale, and he was cold. Jonghyun freaked out when he felt just how cold Minho really was.

    "That's not natural, Minho," he insisted. "You need to see a doctor. You could be seriously sick." Minho scoffed.

    "It is, and I'll be fine Jjong. I just need some sleep," true to his word, after sleeping Minho felt perfectly warm. Jonghyun let out a huge sigh of relief.

Later that night, Minho shoved Jonghyun back against the wall and kissed him fervently, putting a thigh in between Jonghyun's legs. Jonghyun returned that fervor and moaned. He had already started removing his clothing when Minho stopped him, looking panicked.

    "No. I.. I can't do this. . Why now? Goddamn it, not now," Jonghyun watched as Minho drained of color. Fast. His eyes glazed over and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. Jonghyun screeched and dropped next to Minho, trying to feel for a pulse. There was none he could detect. He freaked out, wondering what to do.

He was still trying to decide what to do 10 minutes later when he heard Minho gasp for air. He started sobbing in a decidedly relieved manner.

    "What the was that, Minho?" he managed to get out. "You scared me. You just dropped... I thought you were dead." Minho looked guiltily away from Jonghyun's gaze.

    "There's something I need to tell you. I.. ah, haven't been completely honest with you. See, that day when I met you.. And I said I'd never seen you before? I lied," Jonghyun blinked in shock.

    "So.. you... you really are that creepy stalker thing that I thought wasn't real?" Minho nodded. "That doesn't make any sense, though. You would have to be a ghost or something for that to be possible, and that would require you being dead...," Jonghyun started laughing, but he trailed off after noticing Minho hadn't said a word. He turned green at the implication.

    "Minho.. please. PLEASE tell me I'm wrong. Please tell me you're not really dead. PLEASE," he begged. Minho still didn't answer. Jonghyun stood up suddenly. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Minho didn't stop Jonghyun when he got up and rushed to the bathroom. He wanted to cry. He really really wanted to. But that would be physically impossible. Corpses couldn't cry.

    "I'm sorry I lied to you. But not all ghosts are fortunate enough to be able to inhabit the living, Jonghyun," he murmured brokenly to the now empty room. "Some of us are have no choice but to inhabit the dead."

When Jonghyun came back to the bedroom, trying to prepare himself for an explanation, he didn't expect Minho to be standing there looking at his body on the floor. He turned white when he noticed the body wasn't moving.

    "Is that...?" Minho nodded. He squeezed his eyes shut.

    "Get out. Get back in that... thing and get the out of my life," Jonghyun cringed when he heard the note of hysteria in his own voice. Minho looked agonized.

    "I'm sorry for lying, Jonghyun. But it was the only way I could get close..," Minho shut his mouth when he realized it wasn't doing any good. Without another word spoken, he returned to the body and walked out of Jonghyun's apartment.

When he was sure Minho wasn't around anymore, Jonghyun let himself sob with mingled relief and sadness. "Til death do us part"... that line didn't work for him and Minho. Because death had already parted them.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I've wanted to write a oneshot like this for the longest time.. But idk. I feel like this is a horrible oneshot compared to others I've written. ;~; And it's totally not as creepy as I'd hoped for it to be.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this.

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~ ☺ ♥ ♫