[Onkey] Unlikely

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

This story's kinda dark, but not in an angsty sense. It's very... macabre (I mean it in the sense of the second definition). Blame it on my playlist/mood. >_>

Anyway. 8D I hope Kerukun is happy with this. Sorry it took a while to come up with. I had no inspiration. T_T

~~

Onew knew from the very moment he left his home that there was someone following him. He was always followed. For whatever reason, he didn't know. He was creeped out from time to time, but he'd grown used to the presence. He never sensed any intention to harm him. It was mostly curiosity, he guessed.


He never made any effort to get to know his stalker. He was a busy guy, after all. His job working as an assistant for a law firm was his whole life. But on the rare off-days he had, he visited the park. It wasn't because he liked sitting outdoors, in fact he hated anything resembling grass. It was because he had those few moments to himself. He was only followed when he worked, though he couldn't sense any logic behind it. The company he worked for wasn't very big, so there was nothing to really envy. At least, that was how he thought.


His life carried on for months this way. He would be followed, and he'd pretend he didn't know. His friends would often remark on that weird guy behind him, but he'd look back, staring right at the blurry figure. And smile. He told his friends they were probably just hallucinating, because he couldn't see him.


He didn't go out to drink very often, but when he did he always went to the bar near his house because it was close enough he didn't have to have someone him home. He went alone because when he got drunk, he unraveled. He became something like an animal, primal and uninhibited. He barged up to people he considered attractive and  boldly asked them to dance. Mostly, they wound up being one night stands that Onew regretted when he woke up to an empty bedspace the next morning. Then, he'd make himself coffee and read the paper like the night before had never happened.


On a particularly unremarkable Friday night he went to the bar, he noticed a new face in the crowd. The newcomer looked a little too young to be in a bar by himself, but Onew wasn't about to tell him to leave. The guy had as much right to get drunk as anyone else. He went over to the bar and ordered his usual drink, not giving a second thought to the kid. The week had been more than a little nerve-wracking, because he hadn't seen his stalker. At all, not even when he was working. And as weird as it was, Onew was worried. Shouldn't he feel relieved, at least?


    "Can I get another bottle of soju, please?" he looked over and saw the kid standing there at the bar. He was a little pale, like he didn't get out in the sun much. But that wasn't the first thing Onew noticed. The first thing he noticed was the kid's face. He didn't like sounding shallow, but that kid was gorgeous. His eyes might as well have been made from ice, from how cold they were. He obviously hated this place. It made Onew cringe and unconsciously scoot away from him.


Onew thought he was cursed when the kid came to sit next to him. He nervously gulped his alcohol down, thinking that it would help. But it didn't. There was a tense awkwardness between them. Onew didn't know if he should be the one to break it, or the kid. In the end, he decided he'd break it.


    "So...um. I don't mean to sound rude, so if I do I'm sorry. But how old are you exactly?" the kid smirked, and he chuckled. The sound made Onew uneasy for reasons he couldn't place.


    "Older than you can possibly imagine," the cryptic answer was not what Onew wanted to hear. He stood up suddenly, flashing a strained smile to the kid.


    "I'm sorry. I, uh, have somewhere to be," he murmured. His cheeks were red with embarrassment. He didn't lie often. But this kid was creeping him out.


    "No you don't, you just want to get away from me," the kid laughed. "Am I that awful? Don't answer that." Onew had no intention of answering. He stood frozen. "Seriously, though. Why don't you sit back down? I'm sorry I seem so standoffish." he smiled, and Onew was won over. He sat back down and fiddled with his fingers. "19." He looked up.


    "S-sorry?" the kid shot him a bland look.


    "That's my age. 19," Onew was surprised, because the kid looked much younger than that. But he didn't judge. He was 23 himself, but he often got told he looked 18 or 19. "The name's Kibum, but you can call me Key."


    "I'm Jinki, but Onew is what I will most likely respond to," after that, conversation got somewhat easier. Onew was drawn to Key, though he didn't know why. Key gave off an odd aura, and his manner of speech was, at times, awkward and old-fashioned. His eyes were still blocks of ice, despite his friendly attitude. His stories were entertaining, though, and the way he moved his body when he was dancing was godlike. Onew felt like he was just a waddling penguin next to Key.


He didn't quite know when he got back to his apartment. And why was Key kissing him like they were about to have ? How did Key even know where he lived? He decided he didn't care when Key's hand found its way into his pants and started his . He arched into Key's hand and muffled a moan. He hated being so undignified. He felt Key's lips kissing and on the junction between his neck and shoulder, and he shuddered. His lips were so cold. It was unnatural. He didn't mind, though, because it felt really good.


He didn't understand why he started feeling weak and dizzy. No way. Key couldn't have slipped something in his drink...? Would Key even do something like that? He was odd.


    "Whaa..," he trailed off. He couldn't speak. He saw Key lean down and look at him with concern. When had he been laid on the floor? He was standing up just a second ago... Key's concern morphed into a bloody, sharp-toothed grin. And suddenly, Onew knew. He knew why Key seemed so odd now.


But... vampires only existed in movies. Didn't they?


~


Onew would've been able to convince himself that Friday never happened if it hadn't been for the marks on his neck. Two neat puncture holes that were still there. Glaring at him every time he looked in a mirror. Despite having his blood drained, Onew felt better than he had in ages. It was not something he expected but he was grateful nonetheless. He wasn't one to look a gift-horse in the mouth.


He was in the process of grocery shopping when he noticed he was being followed again. He didn't turn around, but he smiled a little. It was good to have "him" back, even though Onew wasn't sure how he knew the stalker was a male. His stalker had vanished for a while, and it had made him lonely. It unnerved Onew to realize he had actually been lonely without someone following him, and briefly wondered if he should check himself into a mental hospital.


When he got home and unlocked his door, Key was sitting on his couch. He shrieked and dropped his groceries, but at that particular moment he didn't care. Key was gazing at him with hunger, and not a ual kind of hunger. He turned to leave, but Key was already waiting. There were no words said, but words were unnecessary anyway. Onew was trapped, and he knew it. He tilted his head to the side that didn't have holes and this time there was pain when Key sank his teeth into him.


    "I waited months for this," Key said after he'd had his fill. "And I wasn't disappointed. You're the best meal I've ever had and I intend to savor it." Key walked out, and left Onew lying on his floor. It ocurred to Onew that Key was probably his stalker after a while. He'd never sensed an intention to harm, and now he knew why. Key had merely been biding his time. Onew didn't know whether to cry from joy or frustration, because he knew Key would be coming back for more. He hadn't been left alive for nothing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm very satisfied with the end of this. It's a perfect ending. I just wish I could've made it a little darker. My oneshots always wind up as something different than they were in my head. D:

Anyway, thank you for reading, loves. ^_~ ☺ ☺ ♥♥