[Jongho] Friends and Enemies

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

Dedicated to Missydayy. Because she partially inspired me. If she actually reads this foreward, I will cry tears of joy, lols.

So, before the story begins. The stuff in parentheses is stuff that Minho is saying to Jonghyun. Imagine that Minho's telling the story to someone and Jonghyun keeps pestering him. That's the kind of context it's meant in.

This does not, in any way reflect my personal religious beliefs. I'm not really that religious to begin with. >.>

I was also partially inspired by this story. It's an Onkey, but it's pretty good. :3 Yes, this is like the total opposite of that story. XD I am aware of this fact.

:D I hope you enjoy this really long oneshot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I fell in love with an angel. But you know, those types of stories aren't meant to be. They always end in tragedy or horror, or both. Maybe if he hadn't been so devoted to his "god", things would've turned out differently. I laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world, but it wasn't really.


The scars are still visible even after all these years. The most visible scar, you ask? Well... That's Jonghyun. He's a demon, by the way. The demon I fell in love with, God help me. I laughed even harder at the sentiment.


~


My story started off kind of like this: Mindless, naive innocent boy who starts getting harrassed. By demons, of course, who else? But anyway, I was on my way home from school when a wild demon appeared. I threw my cross necklace at it and it was a critical hit. He ran way. (Please, do note the sarcasm. I'm a much different person now than I was.)


I walked in the door, and hadn't even managed to take my shoes off when my dad came and scooped me into a hug.


    "I'm proud of you son," he said. "You defended yourself flawlessly." I smiled at the praise. My dad was a preacher, and my mom was a housewife. She was a soft-spoken woman, and if my father said anything to her, she was overjoyed. She was very in love with him. Or she might have been brainwashed, I don't know. (Man, my lungs are starting to hurt from so much laughing.)


My mom beamed at me, proud that I had managed to earn praise from the master and lord of the house. I went upstairs to my room, quietly smiling. When I got there, though, there was someone already there. I nearly shrieked when I saw the feathery wings.


    "Shhh, your parents don't know I'm here, and I'd like to keep it that way," the angel whispered. I was still pretty much hyperventilating, but when he came even closer, my lungs just shut down. (I was standing next to an angel, what do you expect? I'm only human. Or at least, I was.) I just fainted and before my vision completely left, I saw the angel starting to freak out.


I woke up, and my eyes widened when the angel from earlier was still there. I would've expected it to be gone.


    "I'm not an it, you know," the angel looked annoyed. "I'm a he. My name is Taemin." I was still a little edgy, but I nodded. I was sure I didn't have to tell him my name, since he could read my mind. "Look, I'm really sorry if I scared you earlier. I'm still kinda new at being an angel. You're my first assignment," he chirped. (, I can still hear that syrupy sweet voice. I wonder what he's doing now. Oh wait...) I smiled.


    "Hi, Taemin. And... what exactly do you mean by 'assignment'?" I was a little nervous, but I was beginning to relax in his presence. (I think that may have had something to do with his angel magic, or something. I don't know. I don't particularly care anymore.) He smiled, and my nervousness completely vanished.


    "I mean that I'm here to help you become a warrior for God," and just like that, my nervousness was back with full force. (I can't believe that I actually wanted to be a warrior for God at one point. Blegh, it leaves a taste in my mouth now.)


    "D-do what?" I stuttered. I scrambled back on my bed, afraid. "No way. I can't do that, I'm just a kid." Taemin smiled.


    "You fought off a demon all by yourself earlier, isn't that true? Normal human beings would never be able to do that, let alone a kid. Don't sell yourself short, Minho," he hadn't said my name before, and it sent a shiver down my spine. And for some reason, I felt a resolve in me. I suddenly very much wanted to be a warrior for God, whatever that entailed. (Geez, he sure used his angel magic, didn't he? I wonder if he wanted to break me from the very moment he met me. Taemin's a cruel motherer like that.)


    "Alright, fine. Say I want to be a warrior for God. What do I have to do?" Taemin smiled, and for a moment, I thought I saw something like pride there. But it was gone in a flash.


    "First, you'd have to take the Mark," he said. "And I can't give that to you. It has to be done by one of the um... Higher-Ups." I didn't get it right away, but as soon as I did, I nodded.


    "You mean an archangel, right?" Taemin nodded.


    "Yep, I do," he smiled. "You're really smart." (God, he's such a -up.) I beamed at him, and he stuck out his hand. "You might want to close your eyes if you get motion sick. Angels fly at rather high speeds." My eyes widened.


    "What?" I was bewildered. Taemin rolled his eyes.


    "I have to take you somewhere deserted. Getting the Mark isn't exactly an easy procedure," he gestured to me impatiently. (He was right, too, to take me somewhere deserted. Bastard, he didn't give me all the details.) My nervousness was there, but I took his hand anyway. I shut my eyes tight, and we were off. My eyes stung, despite them being closed.


And suddenly, we stopped. We were in a different country, I was sure. Not just because there were zebra just grazing next to me, but also because it was daytime. When we'd left Seoul, it was nighttime. I looked next to me and I couldn't help gaping.


The archangel was beautiful. Androgynous. The wings were the most impressive, though. They were as pure white as any snow I'd ever seen. The archangel smiled down at me and Taemin. Oh, that was something else. The archangel towered above us at 2 meters tall.


    "Child, what brings us here today?" even the angel's voice was ambiguous. (They're so pretentious. Self-righteous motherers, all of them. I mean the archangels, by the way.) Taemin bowed lowly.


    "This human, Choi Minho, wishes to become a warrior for God. He needs an archangel's blessing," the archangel looked surprised.


    "Such a task. Your wish shall be granted," Taemin's face lit up with a smile, and he shoved me on the ground, face down.   


    "What's going on, Taemin?" I was getting scared. I felt heavy iron being placed on my wrists. So heavy, in fact, that I couldn't move my hands.


    "Shhh, Minho, everything's going to be okay," he sounded far too eager to witness something I instinctually knew would be bad. But I couldn't squirm at all, because the heavy iron was on my ankles as well. I felt the whoosh of the archangel's wings and then the only thing I knew was pain. Pain that I never thought I'd feel in my life. I out, thankfully. I didn't even have time to scream.


I woke up, and suddenly I was aware of the beeping of machines. I was in a hospital? I opened my eyes, and the sight that met my eyes was indeed a hospital room. I looked over and saw my mom, sleeping in a chair next to me.


    "Shh, Minho, your parents already think you've had it since birth," Taemin whispered in my ear. I jumped, but then I glared at him on the other side.


    "What did you do to me?" Taemin beamed.


    "You have all the tools you need to be a warrior for God, now. You just need training," I heard a shuffle on my mom's side of the bed, and I turned my head to see her waking up. She started crying when she saw I was awake.


    "Oh, honey, we were so worried about you. You haven't moved for 3 days. We came in to wake you up for school, and you just laid there. We had to call the ambulance," I tuned everything else out. I frowned. I'd been in the hospital for 4 days? I felt fine, though. I tried to get up out of my hospital bed, and I winced when I felt the needles in my arms. I ripped them out, careless of the blood. I didn't hear my mom screaming for a nurse, I just walked to the nearest bathroom. I had to see for myself.


When I got in the bathroom, I turned my back towards the mirror. I shrieked when I saw my back. I had a huge cross-shaped scar on my back, but it didn't restrict my movement at all. And when I touched it, it even tingled. (That's right. Those goddamn motherers branded me. Like I'm some piece of property. That's the second biggest scar, by the way. The first, Jonghyun, enters the story soon.) The wonder was evident even to me.


    "Isn't it beautiful?" the reverence in Taemin's voice actually calmed me. (More angel magic. Ugh.) I turned to Taemin and, even though I didn't think it was all that beautiful, I nodded. "Come on. You need to get back to your mom. She's hysterical." I opened the door, and I had the decency to look sheepish.


    "I had to use the bathroom," I said, and the people crowded around the door looked relieved. My father was among them, and I wondered when he got there. I shrugged, and walked back to my bed as carefree as I could manage.


When I got home later that day after being discharged, I headed straight to my room. I knew Taemin was there, I could feel it. He was smiling, too.


    "Tomorrow begins your training. And don't worry, we'll start after your school ends," I was excited. Maybe I had powers now.


~


I was stronger and faster. But those were just physical traits. I didn't have any real powers, which I considered disappointing.


    "It's because we're not allowed to mess with the supernatural aspects of a human life," Taemin explained. "We can only enhance your physical traits, unfortunately."


During my training, I fell in love with Taemin. I knew it was wrong, because he was in a male body, but I couldn't help it. His little quirks were endearing, and his strength was surprising. When I was caught unawares by a demon, Taemin was there every single time. He was interesting to talk to, as he had this odd way of speech, and hsi body language was always funny to watch. (I can't believe I actually felt that way at one time. I can't help shuddering in disgust.)


And one day, after months of training, I couldn't take it anymore. I walked up to Taemin, who was in the middle of talking, and kissed him. His eyes widened and then mine when he actually kissed back. I hugged him close to me and I didn't let go until I needed air.


    "Might I ask what that was about?" there was amusement in his eyes and smile.


    "I love you," I said simply, and his eyes widened. (I still haven't figured out if he used his angel magic to make me love him or not. Guess I'll never know now.) His smile widened.


    "I love you too, Minho," I was overjoyed that he felt the same way. I picked him up, careful of his wings and spun him around.


The dynamic between us changed. He was quite the entertainer, and he made me laugh until my sides ached. But when we trained, he was always serious. No matter what our relationship was, he trained me right. (Or should I say, brainwashed me? I can't tell the difference. I wound up almost  being the perfect little soldier. And yes, please note the bitterness and sarcasm in my voice.)


I was looking forward to going home. I'd get to see Taemin, and I was humming a random melody in happiness. But then a wild demon appeared. He was different, much different. He was in human form, or as close to human form as he could get probably. He grinned, and I could immediately see his sharp teeth.


    "Minho, I'm going to be nice this once and warn you. Angels aren't the nice deities you think they are," he said. He didn't even give me time to reply, he just vanished. (I should've listened to him then, I should have. He was genuinely trying to help me. Angels are bastards, liars, cheaters. Never believe them.) In the nick of time, too. Taemin swooped down and the look in his eyes was one I'd never seen. I'd never seen him angry in all the time I'd known him.


    "What did he say to you?" he shook me and I couldn't help being slightly annoyed.


    "He told me that angels aren't all that nice," I snorted. "As if I'd believe him." Taemin's anger melted and was replaced with his usual quirky-ness.


    "Good. Because demons are the scum of the earth anyway, they shouldn't be believed," he chirped. I nodded, and I followed him to practice some more. I couldn't get my mind off of Jonghyun, though. I was ashamed of the thoughts running through my head about him. Thank God my mind link with Taemin had been blocked since I got my scar. (Man, I've got to stop using his name. It tastes bad in my mouth.)


The seed of doubt had been placed, though, and as much as I tried to ignore it, I couldn't. Taemin was just as nice as he could be. My life was going great, and so was my training. And then one day, he said we were finished.


    "Fini- With what?" I tried to process. I really hoped he didn't mean what I thought he did. (Bastard played with my feelings. I'm glad he's dead.)


    "Yes, Minho. Finished. With both our relationship and your training," his eyes, that used to be soft and warm, were now hard as steel and cold. I couldn't believe the complete 180 turn to his personality. It was too much. I fell to my knees.


    "B-but... I love you Taemin," I started to cry silently. Taemin smacked the back of my head.


    "Stop crying. You're a warrior for God now. He would never approve of our relationship, and you must know this. I told you I loved you back because I knew it would get you through your training that much faster," he looked down at me, and I saw a flash of sympathy. But it was gone, and replaced with a stony expression. "I'm leaving for now. I'll be back in 3 days to tell you how to complete the last step of your journey to become a warrior. I trust you won't get into trouble."


The stern-ness in his voice made me want to obey. He was gone before my eyes could process it. I saw an afterimage of him, still there which disappeared when I tried to touch it. I couldn't stop the tears. I'd loved Taemin, and it was all a game? I heard a scoff.


    "And they portray us as bastards. But nope. It's the angels who are the real ers," I looked up and scowled at the demon from that day.


    "Why are you here?" he grinned with his sharp teeth.


    "I'm here as but a comfort to a tortured soul," the mocking tone in his voice grated on my nerves. (It still does. Bastard. And yes, I felt that shove just now. Stop being such a baby.) "Oh, and I came to say 'I told you so'. I do love to rub it in," the English accent was even worse.


    "Leave. Now. I will not hesitate to touch you," I didn't know if he knew I wasn't a regular human or not, but by the grin on his face widening, I'd say he didn't.


    "Minho. I didn't know you liked me in such a manner. I'm flattered," he said, and jumped down off the picnic table in my backyard. I quickly grabbed his arm. His hiss was unearthly when his flesh burned. "So you're one of them, are you? You have that godforsaken mark on your back, hm? Have they initiated you into their little club yet? If they haven't, watch that you don't lose yourself." He spit, and the ground next to me dissolved. "Don't say I didn't warn you, human," he sneered and was gone in a burst of flames.


I didn't understand what he meant, and I didn't care to. The encounter was different from other demonic encounters I've had. They were always attack-first-think-later kind of encounters. But this human-looking demon actually seemed like he genuinely cared what happened to me, and I didn't understand why. It didn't make sense that a demon cared. They didn't feel all those good and pure emotions, did they?


This was only the second time I'd ever met him, and the questions were already piled up. Great. (I still never understand his motives. He's a demon, what do you expect? They don't make sense. Ow. Not so hard, babe.)


Those 3 days passed with agonizing slowness. School was a drag, and when I got home, Taemin wasn't there anymore. He had broken my heart without a second thought. I thought angels were supposed to be loving beings who accepted without judgement. But I was wrong. Taemin had never even loved me at all.


On the third day, I raced home, not bothering to wait for the bus. When I practically flew up to my room only to find that Taemin wasn't there, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I fell asleep on my bed, waiting for Taemin to get there.


I was roughly shaken awake, and when I looked over the clock read 9:32. Man, I'd been out for a while. But when I looked over and saw Taemin, I didn't mind being woken up. I frowned when I looked at the angel next to him. I didn't like the way they were holding each other so possessively.


    "Yes, Minho. It's time for the journey to end," the other angel spoke up. I eyed him and merely nodded. "Don't you at least want to know what it is you have to do?" the gleam in his eyes was not something I liked. In fact, I downright hated it. And I had a feeling that I wouldn't like what I was about to do, either. But I steeled my resolve.


    "Yes," I said. Taemin giggled like a school girl.


    "Oh Minho, I'm sure you're going to enjoy this," that childishly sarcastic voice didn't suit him. At all. In an instant, we were downstairs, and I was looking at my parents, snuggling and watching a movie on the couch. My heart sank, but I held on to hope.


    "Kill them," the angel that wasn't Taemin whispered. I looked at him with wide eyes. My parents? The people that had raised me to be the person I was? No. There was absolutely no way I was going to kill them.


    "Minho, they're weaknesses. As long as they live, they will be in harm's way. They'll be hunted," I turned to Taemin with surprise. The eagerness on his face was undeniable. He wanted to watch while I killed my parents. No. No way. I shook my head. (Even with all that angel magic working on me, I refused to kill my parents. Ugh, quit smirking. 'I told you so' doesn't sound good coming out of your mouth anymore.)


    " you," I cursed at them both (My first time using a curse word is one of the worst words. I'm so proud of myself.) and turned to walk away.


    "Then we'll kill them for you," I just barely managed to knock Taemin down before he chopped off my parent's heads. They turned, bewildered, and looked at me.


    "Son, what the--?" My dad's eyes widened when he saw the angel on the ground, holding an axe. He didn't say any more.


    "Taemin, if you lay one finger on my parents, I will kill you," I said, and my attention was distracted by the other angel. He was twirling a sword in his hands.


    "You forget, there's 2 of us," the smirk on his face was catlike (See? Smug little bastards, all of them.) and he swung with deadly accuracy. My dad fell to his knees, gasping. I turned to the angel, forgetting about Taemin completely. For a second, the angel actually looked scared. But then his face turned emotionless. I was in front of him in less than a second and my fist punched through his ribs. Huh, his blood was red, same as mine. What an oddity. (I thought maybe it would've been blue, so it was a shock to find it red.)


    "Kibum," Taemin sobbed. I turned back to Taemin and I was a little surprised to see his tears eating through the floorboards. I didn't know angels could cry.


    "What was I to you really, Taemin?" I asked. I had to know. He looked at me, and his hatred was evident.


    "Nothing more than a means to an end. I got promoted when I finished training you. Yes, I even lied about being a new angel," My eyes narrowed when he smiled. I heard my mother scream, and I turned to her. I saw an axe protruding from her stomach. I sank to my knees. My parents were dead. And it was my fault for being too distracted. I didn't even feel myself being lifted up.  I didn't hear Taemin's scream of frustration. My parents were dead because of me.


~


I didn't remember much after that. I woke up and that human-looking demon was staring at me. I scooted backwards on an unfamiliar bed, holding my hands up.


    "What are you doing here? What am I doing here?" I started hyperventilating. I winced when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Why was my shoulder sore?


    "We're here because it's safe from angels. You must've been pretty pissed off to punch an angel hard enough to kill it," there was wonder and awe in his voice. I killed him? Damn. (I wasn't sorry. Nope, not at all. That bastard killed my dad, and Taemin killed my mom. them.)


    "I was," I deadpanned. I got up to leave, and the demon stopped me.


    "Where do you think you're going?" he asked. I eyed him.


    "Why should I tell you? Aren't you a demon, aren't you supposed to hate the kind of person I am?" he gave me a sharp-toothed grin.


    "On the contrary. Your kind is irresistable," I refused to admit how I was when he started brushing his body against mine.  "Do you know why?" I didn't. I shook my head and his grin widened.


    "Because it's a joy to watch you fall from grace," his voice whispered in my ear and I shuddered. (He can still do that to me. The bastard.) I stepped away from him, breathing hard.


    "I'm leaving," I turned to where I thought the exit might be and instead found a closet. He started laughing.


    "Exit's over there, genius," I scowled and headed down the hallway. But when I got to the front door, he was there already. "You know, the least you can do before you go is answer some questions for the person who saved your sorry ." I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed.


    "What is that supposed to mean?" I looked at him like he'd grown 2 heads. (Which was quite possible, with him being a demon and all. Don't punch me, you dirt bag.) He looked at me.


    "You don't remember, do you?" I shook my head. He scoffed.


    "Just like a human. They forget the bad things that happen to them," I glared at him.


    "Excuse me, where do you get off talking to me like that?" the demon pushed himself off the doorframe.


    "As the savior of your life, you should be thanking me," his hand wrapped around my throat. "I could kill you easily right now. Is that what you want?" when I didn't answer, he scowled. His hand tightened on my throat, and the edges of my vision started going black. I stared at him, not giving a thing away. "Goddamn it Minho, I want to help you!" he threw me against a wall. My back exploded in pain and I arched off the floor. I coughed out a laugh. (That did hurt, you know. I'm not a masochist, no matter how much you wish.)


    "What's your name?" my voice was raspy. The demon bent down to my level. He looked surprised at my question. I guess he wasn't used to people asking for his name.


    "My name's Jonghyun," his name sent a shiver down my spine.


    "Now you. Why were you about to become a slave for God?" I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.


    "Why does anyone? I was roped into it by Taemin, I guess. His words were really inspiring," Jonghynu scoffed.


    "Please. He was probably just using his angel powers to persuade you," and there it was. Taemin had brainwashed me. Great. I was angry. "Like I said when we first met, Minho. Angels are not the perfect little deities everyone thinks they are." I looked at him.


    "How do you know so much about them?" Jonghyun actually looked serious for a moment.


    "It's because I used to be in love with one. The whole Shakespearean star-crossed lovers thing? That wasn't us. No, he was just a back-stabbing bastard. Same as you and Taemin, I guess," his eyes were sad when he talked about that angel. I could empathize. (Poor baby. Well, I still love you. Not. ...That was very unnecessary, babe. You don't have to throw me across the room, I was just kidding. Damn.)


    "Maybe you're not so bad," I muttered, hoping he couldn't hear me. But when he grinned, I knew he had and cursed in my head.


    "Aww, you're too sweet, Minho. I might actually think you mean that if I didn't know better," his sing-song-y voice was annoying. I got up off the floor.


    "Where's the kitchen?" I asked randomly. He blinked, startled for a moment.


    "2 doors down on the right," he answered and I headed for the kitchen. "What are you doing?" I looked at him levelly.


    "I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in who knows how long. How long was I out, by the way?" he looked completely startled by the complete turn in conversation and I smirked.


    "I'd guess a day or so. I don't know if there's food in there...," I opened the cabinets and they were bare. (Bastard. You could've at least picked somewhere that had food.) I glared at Jonghyun.


    "Hey, don't blame me. I didn't exactly have time to pick some place with food. I was running from angry angels," he defended. I was touched that he saved me, but I didn't understand why.


    "Why? Why did you save me?" I wanted to understand. He looked away.


    "I was going to take you, because I knew the angels wanted you. I didn't know what they wanted you for, Jinki never told me. But he told me that there was this little boy, and that they had something planned for you.  I got curious about you myself, and I watched you. You were about 13. Before I knew it, I was attached to you," I was creeped out. Instead of an angel, I had a demon watching over me and never knew it. "That's why I saved you. And why I warned you that angels aren't perfect." (My baby was protecting me.~ How sweet.) His face was red when he turned back.
I was weirded out, but for his sake, I pretended it was okay. ..Why was I even worrying about his feelings? Whatever, I shoved it side for the time being.


    "Well, since there's no food in here, where can we go for food? Since it appears I can't go anywhere by myself," I was annoyed.


    "Seeing as there are angels crawling all over the place outside right now, that's not an option," he said calmly. I swore. I raided the cabinets, hoping to find something. But I found nothing. I sighed in defeat and slumped against the counter.


    "When do you think they'll leave?" I asked, hoping to receive a good answer.


    "Never. They won't give up on you, Minho. For some reason, they want you. But I won't let them have you," the conviction in his voice was nice to hear. It was reassuring.


~


"Jonghyun! Give us the human and you can go free!" they were outside yelling. They'd already broken down the door, and we could see them clearly from the hallway. But they dare set foot inside. They couldn't. I didn't understand the mechanics of why they couldn't get in, but Jonghyun said it had something to do with the mantras he'd put on the walls. Jonghyun dragged me to sit and watch them yell, thinking it was great fun. (You're a real jackass, you know? You always love to show off.)


I didn't think it was such a good idea, thumbing our noses at them. They'd find a way in sooner or rather than later. Suddenly I heard them stop yelling, and I looked at the doorway. There were 2 angels approaching the doorway, one of which I knew. Taemin. I scowled. I looked over to Jonghyun, and his eyes were stone cold. I wondered why.


    "It's been a while Jonghyun," the angel said, and Jonghyun remained silent. I turned and looked at Taemin, who was wrapped around the angel. My scowl got more pronounced. (He was such a for attention, you know. He was. I can't believe I ever actually loved him.)


    "Ahh, Minho. How are you?" he asked, like he cared. I scoffed.


    "Like you care. But anyway, better than you," I spat out. Jonghyun was still silent, staring at the other angel.


    "Jonghyun, why don't you just give him up? You can go free. I'll even ask Him to allow our relationship to resume," my eyes widened. That was Jinki? The angel that Jonghyun had once loved? I might have guessed. I looked over to see Jonghyun's head bowed. He looked like he was in pain.


During those last couple of days, I'd gotten to know Jonghyun. He  wasn't that bad for a demon. In fact, he was kind of a dork. (Don't shove me for that. I mean it in a good way, babe.~) So I felt bad for him. I yanked him by his shirt, bringing him closer to me. I was mindful of my hands, because they were the only part of me that could burn him.


    "Minho, why did you allow Jonghyun to get to you? He's an outcast," I turned sharply to Taemin.


    "Shut the up," I hissed. The angels were really starting to piss me off.


    "What? Everyone knows Jinki and Jonghyun's story. Jonghyun fell in love with Jinki, and because he fell in love with an angel, he wasn't allowed back to Hell," Taemin smirked. "What a loser." I wanted punch Taemin so badly. Instead I just went in the kitchen to see if there were any weapons. I found a small paring knife. With my strength, I could use it like a dart and send it straight through Taemin. The thought was immensely gratifying.


I punched the wall to make it seem like I'd walked off in anger, and I heard Taemin cackling. Good. He would never know what hit him. I went and sat down, making sure to put space between me and Jonghyun for appearances.


    "I'm sorry," he looked defeated. I couldn't help feeling bad. I wanted to comfort him, but I had to make this seem real.


    "Shh, just go with me on this," I said lowly. I hoped that the angels hadn't heard. I saw Jonghyun nod a little, and I knew he'd heard me. I readied the small knife I had and prepared to speak, but Jinki spoke before I could.


    "Jonghyun, I'm the only person who's ever accepted who you are. Give the boy to us and we can be together again," My anger was visible by the way my shoulders hunched. I knew he was working his angel magic on Jonghyun. I had to work fast, so I just decided to change targets. I aimed my knife at Jinki and in the blink of an eye, he was on the ground. (Good riddance, that arrogant self-righteous bastard.) I grinned, satisfied with the unearthly shriek Taemin let out. Maybe I'd hit 2 birds with one stone? But no, he got up and his eyes were frenzied and angry.


    "Do you even know your purpose, Minho? You're a vessel. A human vessel for an archangel. Just accept it!" he had to be escorted away by other angels. One of them looked back.


    "This isn't over, Minho," she said. Pffft. Like I cared. (See? I care about you, yeobo.~)
The next day, I could barely move I was so hungry. I had been relying on adrenaline to suppress my appetite, but damn. It had been 4 days. I needed food.


    "Jonghyun, I need food and water or I'm going to die," I said calmly. He jumped up and he bit his lips. He started pacing.


    "I don't know what to do, Minho. I can't just make food appear out of thin air," he gestured around the room.


    "Can't you teleport to a supermarket and steal some food? For God's sake, use your brain for once," he smacked my head.


    "Stop being such an ingrate," he muttered. "Besides, I can't do that either. The mantras prevent me from using my powers, as well as preventing the angels from getting in." He looked embarrassed.


    "Wait, so this whole time... You haven't had your powers?" I was oddly touched. It was incredibly nice for a demon to give up being comfortable. He still looked embarrassed.


    "Yeah. That's right," I was silent afterwards. He hadn't said anything to me last night after the angels had left. (We should've went to get food right then and there. But no, you only have that kind of thinking when you're looking back on the situation.)


    "I'm sorry, Jonghyun," I said suddenly. "For last night. I'm sorry I had to make you think that I didn't like you. I was actually really angry when Jinki started spouting that crap about how he was the only one who accepted you. I accept you. I like you, even. Thank you for saving me," it was my turn to be embarrassed. My cheeks were heated to the extreme. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jonghyun smile.


    "Awww, getting all mushy are we? How nice," he cooed, and I smacked his shoulder. But I was laughing right along with him.


~


In the end, we decided to risk it and go outside. We teleported as soon as we were outside and then we were in a deserted aisle of some supermarket. We were grabbing all kinds of food, and we thought we might just get away. But no. The angels had us surrounded before we could teleport. They all had smug grins on their faces and looked very satisfied with themselves.


    "Minho.. I'm really sorry to have to do this," Jonghyun knocked me out.


I woke up and I was back at the house. I was excited to see food in front of me, but I looked around. No Jonghyun. I frowned. I wondered where he could be. I looked all throughout the house, and I still didn't see him. I panicked. No, there's no way he got himself captured, right? (You pabo.) When he wasn't back by dark, I knew that's what had to have happened.


I started crying. It was all my fault that Jonghyun got captured.


    "Damn, calm down. Your emotions are so annoyingly easy to feel I was in Pakistan and felt them. I missed a good meal because of you," my head shot up at the voice. "Name's Jiyong. What happened?"


    "You must not be an angel, since they can't come through the door," Jiyong looked affronted.


    "Excuse me. What the are you saying? I'm a demon," he spit. "Nasty word, angel." I agreed.


    "My friend was captured by angels, I'm pretty sure. And it's my fault," Jiyong looked sympathetic.


    "Ahh. Well that always . What can I do to help? Anything I can do to piss angels off, I do," I smirked.


    "Perfect. You might not want to help, though, after I tell you who it was captured by angels. I heard he's an outcast," Jiyong scoffed.


    "I don't care. I hate angels. Like I said, anything I can do to piss them off, I do," I nodded.


    "Well.. It's Jonghyun that got himself captured," Jiyong blinked.


    "Who?" I was surprised.


    "Jonghyun. You know, he fell in love with an angel and was forced to be an outcast?" Jiyong looked like he was thinking.


    "Nope. Doesn't ring a bell. But there are tons of those guys, so it's not like it's a big deal anyway," he shrugged. I liked him immediately.


    "Well the angels made a big deal out of it, anyway. Do you think you could try to locate him? I have some stuff of his, if you need his energy or something," I said. Jiyong nodded.


    "That would probably help a lot, yeah," I grabbed one of the shirts he'd worn and tossed  it to Jiyong.


    "It wouldn't be a good idea to touch you," I answered his unanswered question. "I was almost a slave for God." He didn't ask, and I didn't elaborate. I think he got it anyway. He grabbed the shirt smelled of it. But he let go of it almost immediately.


    "I wish I could help," he said sadly. "But your friend Jonghyun is in Heaven. Demons can't enter unless there are special circumstances. May Lucifer curse him. Call me if you find a way to get around that." I thought about it for a moment, and I knew what I had to do. I grabbed his sleeve before he left.


    "Wait! Is there a way for a human to become a demon? Or even a half-demon?" I'd planned on asking Jonghyun, anyway. I wanted those goddamn angels off my back. But now I had another reason. He grinned, the same sharp-toothed grin as Jonghyun.


    "A painful process. It's a secret most demons jealously guard. I would be banned from Hell for telling you. And you would be shunned. But who am I kidding? I live for excitement, and it's been hundreds of years since I felt it. Seeing you writhe in the worst pain you've ever felt oughtta liven me up," Jiyong laughed. (Sadistic motherers, demons are. But angels are worse. Much worse.)


~


I debated about what to do, and I steeled my resolve. I walked out the front door and let the angels take me. I couldn't believe they didn't notice the change. I thought they'd notice. (Guess they were too eager to get me to that goddamn archangel. Greedy bastard.)


My mind spun when Taemin punched me (It almost hurt, too. But I had to save my yeobo.~).


    "That was for Kibum and Jinki," he hissed. I smiled and swallowed the blood in my mouth. I didn't want them to know what I was just yet.


    "Filthy angels who deserved what they got," I said, and smirked. Taemin was angrier than I'd ever seen him. "I'm tired of this. Where's Jonghyun?" I demanded.


    "He's in his place, human. A jail cell," one of the angels sneered.


    "If you let him go, I'll agree, without complaints, to be the archangel's vessel," I said. Everyone shut up. Even Taemin stopped.


    "You love him?" he asked quietly, and I nodded. You had to love someone to be willing to go that far for them, right? He wasn't just a friend anymore. Guess that answered my question about demons feeling love.


    "Well good for you," he sneered. I smirked. If only he knew. I rubbed the shirt I was wearing, and smiled. It was Jonghyun's. I punched through his stomach and laughed at his choked noise.


    "You can congratulate me later," I said. I teleported to Jonghyun's cell and I didn't waste any time. I broke the sad excuse for a cell door (It was wood. Damn, do they live in the Stone Age up there?) and held my hand out to Jonghyun. "Take it. It won't burn you anymore." He took my hand hesitantly, and his grip tightened when his flesh didn't burn. "Let's get the hell out of here." I teleported back to the house and we ran inside as the angels arrived.


    "Stay here," I told him. "I can take care of myself now." I went outside and grinned at the angels.


    "Your vessel had become a demon," I yelled. I knew Jonghyun heard because I heard him start asking himself questions. "Do you still want it?" The angels shrieked in frustration and I must say, it nearly burst my eardrums. As it was, the windows on the house shattered. They disappeard without answering, and I laughed. I had my answer right there.


I went inside and started taking the mantras down, quietly.


    "We don't need these anymore. And really, Jonghyun, how did you stand it for 4 days?  I was in here for less than a minute and it was unbearable," he was just staring at me. "It'd be nice if I got an answer sometime in the next century."


    "Because I wanted to make sure you were okay," he answered quietly. I turned to look at him and the mantras were forgotten. I hugged him hard.


    "Thank you. For everything," I murmured and kissed him right on his surprised lips.


I woke up, and the house was a wreck. When had that happened? But then I looked down and saw I was . I remembered immediately. I smirked when I looked over at Jonghyun. Snoring like a chainsaw. I smacked him awake.


    "What the-?" He looked over at me and smiled. Then he looked down at my form and blushed. (You're such a shy demon, you know? Hey, stop smacking me. I said stop. That's better, yeobo.~ Lay there for a while.) "When did you become a demon?"


    "I'm only a half-demon. The scar on my back prevented me from becoming a full demon, yeobo," I chuckled. "I bet no one ever expects a preacher's son to wind up a demon. In any case, I became a demon the night I realized you'd gotten yourself captured for my sake. I met a demon named Jiyong who helped me out."


    "You called?" he calmly ignored our obvious ness.


    "Whoops sorry. I forgot, I won't call again unless I really need to," I promised. He disappeared without another word. "I promised him I wouldn't call him unless there's something exciting happening. He 'lives for excitement'." I chuckled. Jonghyun opened his mouth to say something, but I clapped my hand over his mouth.


    "A life for a life yeobo.~ We're even now," I grinned, revealing my sharp canines.

__________________________________________________________________________

Lol, the first person in my head when I tried to think of another idol who'd make a good demon was G-Dragon. Don't shoot me. XD I know it probably would've made more sense to use someone like Nichkhun, but frankly, I don't care.

Have a nice day. :D

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~ ♥♥