But it was rather lucky..

Choi Minho's Unlucky Day.

 

Choi Minho sat down on the bench on the bus stop, grumbling and cursing himself for not bringing an umbrella with him that day. It was a really bad start of a typical Monday morning for him. His uniforms and bag pack were wet, making him to groan in annoyance when he found out that his books inside were wet too. He usually went to school by his car, but it was at the mechanic, which made the first child of the rich Choi family to start his day with a frown on his handsome face.

When he drank his coffee for breakfast that day, it spilled on his white shirt. Fortunately his maid was there to iron another shirt for him, but it made him late and he literally ran all the way from his bungalow to the bus stop; and it started to rain.

Minho could just skip school on that ty day, but there was something inside him that kept telling him to go, or he will miss something really lucky.

And there he was, with a bunch of unlucky things drenched over him. Just like the rain.

“Screw that. If this is what people said by follow your heart, I swear I am not going to listen to my heart anymore.” He muttered, ruffling his wet hair.

He glanced at his wrist watch, it was 8:25 am; and the school started at 8:30 am. Five more minutes, and the school gate will be closed. Minho could just get up and walk back home, have a shower and play video games with his sick brother Taemin at home, but something was really weird.

He felt that something was going to happen.

Maybe a miracle or something, but that was really weird for him. Every time he stood up to walk away, he found himself sitting on the bench once again. He tugged on his hair, frustrated. If there were many people there they must’ve thought that he was a crazy, depressed kid.

“Ahh.. miracle.” He cursed silently.

He stood up to just look around for any taxi, but then he stepped on a banana peel and almost stumbled forward on the road, he was lucky that he has a great balance despite of his tall height. He turned around and glared at the banana peel, soon kicking it to the road; which made the angry Choi Minho fell down on the cold, wet tiled floor. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, trying to control his anger.

He then saw a red bus, and waved frantically from the ground to stop it but the bus just passed him, splashing some water on him in the process.

“This is stupid!” He yelled as he grabbed an empty water bottle beside him, throwing it in the drain not far from there. He looked at his dirty school uniform and let out an annoyed yell, that he supposed nobody will hear as he brought his palm up, covering his face.

The rich Choi Minho might look like a beggar at that moment.

“ this.” He said as he got up almost too fast that he fell on his again, clutching his fists in pure anger.

“What is this? Am I cursed to be here for the rest of my life?” He yelled again, almost crying out of frustration.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Minho turned around to see a girl, wearing a school uniform. Minho recognized the emblem on her coat, and made a decision in his head that she went to the same school as him. He looked up at her face and observed it carefully.

Small, oval chiselled face. Tanned complexion. Cute button nose.  Long, straight hair. And what caught Minho’s attention were her big eyes.

She extended an arm to help him to get up, but he rejected it, telling her that he was okay. And for the umpteenth time when he tried to get up, he fell again.

“I can just die here this exact moment.” Minho muttered. The girl smiled and offered to help him again, which this time he accepted ever so gladly.

“Thank you.” He thanked, sitting on the bench.

“Don’t mention it.” She replied, sighing as she glanced on his wrist watch. “It’s already 9:15 now. If we go to school we probably will get detention or stuff. If the head prefect hates you, he would probably tell you to clean those nasty toilets.” She continued, burying her face into her palm.

“Yeah. Even if the bus did stop earlier, I don’t think I could go to the school with my condition like this.” He chuckled, glancing at the girl beside him.

She was quite pretty.

And Minho usually didn’t even care to look at any girls or judge how pretty they’re and stuff, but that time..

Minho could say that he was attracted by the girl. She didn’t seem to be like those fangirls that kept chasing him at the school, constantly pestering him with their ‘Oppa!’ or ‘Oppa I love you!’ or things like that.

“Never saw you here before. First time waiting for the bus, right?” The girl chuckled. Minho rolled his eyes  and heard her chuckle in amusement.

“Yeah. First time ever in my whole seventeen year of breathing in this world. How did you know?” Minho asked, sighing.

“Because the bus driver won’t see you if you sat on the floor, waving your arms like a crazy person and plus, you really look like a beggar with those dirty uniforms. And I never see you here.” She said in a matter of fact, making him to glare at her, only earning a bigger laugh from her.

“Thank you. That was a fun fact. Tell me more.” Minho said sarcastically, waiting for the rain to lighten a little to go home.

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” She apologized, giving him a small smile. Minho turned to look at her, only to be drowned in her sweet smile. He smiled, then looked at his shoes, pretended to be uncaring.

“I don't need an apologize after god made me face such tribulations. I am Choi Minho, by the way.” He introduced himself, smiling at her. He swore he saw her cheeks getting red before she laughed at his statement.

“Oh, I know. Everyone knows you. I am Amanda Lee.” She replied, combing her wet hair with her long, slim fingers.

Minho didn’t know why, but he found himself wanting to know more about the girl beside him.

She was... near perfect.

She’s pretty, she’s not his fangirl, and she’s honest and bold with her opinion, apologizes when she’s wrong and quite witty.

But nahh.. Choi Minho was not interested in any girls; at least he said that yesterday. But that moment, he didn’t even know what he was thinking about.

And there at the bus stop, the two chatted about random things on and on, totally unaware of things around them, until they both heard a police siren stopping right in front of the bus stop, two handsome policemen, looking at them judgingly through the opened window.

“Hey kids! Skipping school is bad you know!” A tall policeman came out and leaned against the car, before another two came out too, leaning along with him.

“Kim Kibum, Kim Jonghyun, Lee Jinki,” The girl read their nametag loudly.

“Yeah. And me, Kim Jonghyun and my colleagues, lovely Kibummie and Jinki hyung are going to get you two into this car and I’ll drive you two, school skipping lovebirds to the school. So, cooperate please?” He asked, putting an arm around Officer Kibum’s waist.

“Hell no. We’re waiting for the bus to go to school.” Minho said, smirking.

“We’re not lovebirds anyway. We barely knew each other.” Amanda back upped Minho, crossing her arms across her chest.

“The gate might’ve been closed by now. Why don’t you go to your home if the bus didn’t come?” Officer Jinki who was eating a fried chicken said, munching on the chicken happily.

“We-We… We..” Minho tried answering, thinking deeply. Why was he still there? He was supposed to go home when the rain stopped!

“It was raining!” Amanda yelled, flailing her hands in the air.

“But the rain has stopped about thirty minutes ago, darling!” Officer Kibum said softly, mocking the girl in front of him.

“We- We..” She stuttered. Officer Jonghyun came towards them and tried to get them into the car, but then Minho grabbed his backpack and intertwined Amanda’s fingers with his’, which surprisingly fits perfectly.

Amanda’s eyes widened as she realized that they were running. Oh, no. She was surprised that he was holding her hand.

She felt weird, but mostly happy. She felt like a kidnapped princess, making her way out of some kind of dangerous place with her charming prince, who was holding her hand securely.

Minho dashed away with Amanda with him, ignoring the shouting of those silly police officers.

“Kids nowadays! Aish!” Officer Jonghyun complained as he made his way into their car.

“Let them be, yeobo. Look how sweet they are. Their fingers fit each others' perfectly!” Officer Key squeaked like a fangirl, entering the car.

“Sweet my .” Officer Jonghyun grumbled as he drove away, letting the ‘school skipping lovebirds’ away.


The two stopped running and panted heavily, desperately inhaling the air around them. Amanda coughed and sat on the nearby bench, Minho opening his coat and shoved it into his backpack when his breathing turned normal.

“Are you okay?” Minho asked. Amanda looked at him weakly and showed him two thumbs up. Minho smiled and chuckled, leaning against the dark wood bench. She searched for something in her backpack and pulled out a water bottle, drinking the water halfway.

“I am not going to believe in my heart or that kind of stuffs again. There’s no such thing as miracle or follow your heart s. Especially when you’re waiting for a bus.” Minho grumbled again, frowning.

Amanda laughed.

“Trust me, there is. You just need to realize it.” She said as she put the bottle lid beside her. She blushed and sighed slowly.

 “Here, drink this.” She handed him the water bottle, wiping her sweat with a small towel. Minho took it from her hand and drank it thankfully, until it became empty.

But suddenly, he blushed.

It was an indirect kiss, wasn’t it?

And by that, Minho imagined himself; leaning closer towards the girl he just met, locking their lips innocently.

“No Choi Minho. No thoughts like that.” He said out loud, making her to widen her eyes in confusion.

“What are you thinking about?” She asked, laughing.

“Nothing. Just knocking some sense into my head.” He answered, trying hard to not to look on her pink lips.

And Minho wondered how her lips taste. Would it be soft and sweet? Sour? Salty?

“Oh my god! It’s those police again! Let’s go home quickly!” She suddenly pulled him and ran out of the playground, stopping when those police went out of their sight.

“Let’s just go to our own home before they caught us again.” She sighed, looking up only to meet Minho’s eyes that were staring into hers’, making both teenagers to stop breathing.

They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment, before he shook his head slowly; blushing.

“Let me walk you home.” Minho said slowly, rubbing the back of his neck. She blushed and shook her head, smiling softly.

“No need to. My house is not very far from here. We’re both tired. Just go home okay.” She replied, kicking on a pebble under her feet.

Minho nodded as he watched her walk away slowly, wondering why he really wanted to talk to her again, to always walk her home, to always run from the police with her and.. Well scratch that last part.

“But, hey! Amanda!” He called. She turned around and smiled softly, both heartbeats getting faster as seconds passed.

“Yes?” She replied timidly.

“About the miracle thing..,” He paused.

“Yes?”

“I think you’re right. There’s a reason from all of these. The reason that I kept falling down every time I wanted to go home, the reason that the bus left us… There’s a reason on everything.” He continued slowly, but was loud enough for her to hear.

“And why do you think so?” She asked, chuckling.

“Because…,” He paused again.

“Hmm?” She hummed slowly.

“Be-Because I met you. You’re the miracle that happened today.” He looked on his shoes, totally flustered and red.

Silence.

“I know- This is stupid. Sorry for taking your time.” Minho said as he the opposite direction towards his house.

“Wait, Minho!” She called loudly. Minho froze and turned around, looking at Amanda who was also blushing.

“Me too. You’re the miracle that made my heart heavy to go home when it rained this morning.” She said timidly, walking away slowly, a happy smile on her face.

Minho grinned from ear to ear and chuckled.

“I’ll wait for you at the playground after school tomorrow!” He yelled and watched as she went away, yelling an ‘okay’ as she ran, not wanting him to see how happy she was.

And Minho pumped his fist, screaming a loud ‘woo-hoo’ in the open air.

“Awhh look how cute they are~” He heard a cooing not far from the place he was standing. Minho turned around, only to see the three police officers, all three of them with a goofy smile plastered on their faces.

“What are you guys doing here?” Minho asked, getting annoyed.

Officer Jonghyun laughed.

“We were trying to catch you kids but we failed because of those sweet things you were saying. You’re one good kid. Now go home before we change our minds, kiddo.” He smiled, giving him a thumb up.

“Whatever. I’m not a kid. I am even taller than you.” Minho said as he started walking away, laughing.

“You bastard!” He heard the police officer yell. Minho laughed louder and ran away quickly, smiling when he remembered those events that just happened, the things that he didn’t even dream to experience.

And Choi Minho finally realized that; that freaking ty day was his luckiest day. 

 

 


 

Ohohohohoho. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I don't use grammar checker T_T I just wrote this directly here lol

This is for my best friend, Mimi Nur Atiqah who is also our charismatic frog prince Choi Minho's wife (xD) and a flamer. 

For Mimi; Thank you for everything :'D I couldn't possibly love you more than I can now *over dramatic*

So that was it. Comment or do stuffs if you like it kekekeke.

 

So have fun for your christmas for those who celebrate it, and happy holiday for who don't *like me* :'D

The shopping mall is going to be so pretty with glittery decorations *randomly* kekeke~