You are the best thing that happened in my life

Take Care Of My Girlfriend (One-Shot)

I’m sorry but I can’t seem to let her go. Why can’t I let her go? Damn, she’s the only girl whom I’ve cried on for the first time in my life. She’s my 10th girlfriend (Yeah, I’m a self-proclaimed playboy) and yet I can’t seem to replace her in my heart. I was hit deep damn my heart! She left a scar in my heart. Why am I feeling this way? It’s not like she’s my first girlfriend.

“Lee Donghae, you really did love her!” Sungmin, my brother laughed. “It’s my first time seeing you desperate for a girl..”

“Yah! I’m not desperate!” I sighed. “It’s just that she didn’t give me a good reason why she broke up with me.

“Pabo! You are the one who broke up with her so why should she give you a reason?!” Sungmin laughed even more. “Just admit it..”

“Okay! I admit it! I loved her..” Tears started to flow onto my cheeks again. “So much.”

“Omo! Donghae! It’s the first time I’ve seen you cry over a girl! That girl is so lucky that she transformed a bad boy to a good boy.” Sungmin patted my back for comfort. I cannot hold it anymore. I fell down on my knees and curled up on a ball, still sobbing. Girl, what made me love you so much?

First of all, the girl I have loved so much goes by the name Kolyne Martinez. She’s a half Pinay and half Korean. She’s a transfer student from the Philippines. She sat beside my and the rest is history. At first, I was just courting her because she’s pretty and it’s just for fun but look at what happened to me now, WASTED.

\\*//

“Donghae! Is it alright for me to court your ex-girlfriend, Kolyne?” Kyuhyun, my best friend suddenly asked as he sat beside me in class. I was taken aback by his question. MY BEST FRIEND WILL BE COURTING MY EX GIRLFRIEND WHOM I STILL LOVE UP TO THIS MOMENT? NO—but how can I say no to my best friend? Kyuhyun and I had been best friends since diaper days and how could I disagree with him?

I faked a smile and said, “Of course! I wasn’t hurt when we broke up actually so it’s doesn’t matter to me.”

“You are mean!” Kyuhyun laughed. “But you said you just courted her for fun, right?” I nodded. Kyuhyun didn’t know that I loved Kolyne so much and it’s not for fun already. Well, I’m now preparing myself for the pain I’ll be experiencing these coming days. KyuLyne, that . It should always be HaeLyne. Argh, I’m so bitter.

“Kolyne! Would you mind if we talk at dismissal time? I have something important to tell you.” Kyuhyun asked Kolyne once she entered the classroom. She agreed with that killer smile of hers which is one of the reasons why I loved her. I’ve always loved her smile and most especially, her eye smile. It’s like she has the best eye smile ever..

Kyuhyun immediately went up to me and said, “She agreed! What should I do?!”

“You are so excited, Kyu! Relax.” I patted his back. I actually want to say to him to just cancel this thingy and not confess to Kolyne. I’m imagining Kyuhyun and Kolyne holding hands right now and I could really die watching that moment. I DON’T WANT TO DIE EARLY. I WANT TO GET MARRIED WITH KOLYNE AND HAVE KIDS WITH HER AND BE ONE HAPPY FAMILY. THAT’S ALL I WANT.

“Kyu, take care of my girlfriend..” I said in a soft tone. “I mean, take care of my EX-girlfriend.”

“I will surely do! Why are you saying that? You didn’t love her, right?” Kyuhyun said, narrowing his eyes on me. WELL, I DID. I REALLY DID AND THERE’S NO WAY I CAN’T DENY THAT FACT. Who wouldn’t love that bubbly and pretty girl who smiles even when she’s facing some problems in life? Who wouldn’t love her, right?

\\*//

I’m on the rooftop of our school right now, waiting for Kyuhyun. He said earlier that he needs to tell something important to me. What could that be? Sigh. I’m on the rooftop. Rooftop.. Rooftop..

It’s in this rooftop where me and Donghae held our first date together. I can’t forget Donghae and I know that I wouldn’t. He’s the boy whom I loved so much and gave my whole heart to but he freaking broke it! The reason why he broke up with me? HE NEEDS TIME ALONE. that non-sense reason! that! I hate him so much and yet I still love him.

“Kolyne!” A voice distracted me from my thoughts. Oh, it’s Kyuhyun, waving happily. Kyuhyun is Donghae’s cheerful best friend who’s been close to me all this time, because of Donghae.

“What are you going to say?” I showed him my eye smile as I waited for him to speak. He seems nervous at this moment. He slowly opened his mouth, “C-can y-you b-be m-my g-girlfriend?” My eyes widened as he finished what he’s been saying. Kyuhyun is such a close friend of mine! I can’t be his girlfriend.

“B-but, Donghae..” is all that I can say. I mean, he is Donghae’s best friend. It’s awkward, right?

“Don’t worry, Kolyne. I already asked for his permission..” He said.

“And?” I asked, expecting a ‘NO’ for an answer.

“He happily agreed.” Kyuhyun smiled. ARGHH! I HATE YOU SO MUCH LEE DONGHAE! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I REALLY HATE YOU AND I WANT TO PUNCH YOU RIGHT NOW! AS IN RIGHT NOW! NO. WAIT, I CHANGED MY MIND. I WANTED TO KILL YOU RIGHT NOW. I DON’T CARE, I REALLY WANTED TO KILL YOU!! I had an inner sudden outburst. Donghae actually agreed?! He let his best friend court me?! What the hell?! I didn’t answer Kyu because of my thoughts about Hae agreeing..

“So, I guess you are my girl now! Silence means yes, right?” Kyuhyun said and immediately leaved before I could answer. WHAT?! “Kyuhyun! Come back!!” I shouted but to no avail. Am I being tortured?! I’m Kyuhyun’s girlfriend now! What should I do?! ARGH! that ‘Silence means yes’ saying!

“Congratulations. Silence means yes..” I heard another voice from the door. I stared at the door and a Lee Donghae appeared. My shocked face turned into a frown as I saw him. He went inside the rooftop and sat beside me. Why is he even here?!

“So you heard our conversation, huh?” I asked, breaking the ear piercing silence enveloping the place.

“Kind of.” Donghae said and sighed. I actually don’t know what to say anymore so I stood up and went to the door. I hold onto the knob and started turning it BUT THE DOOR WOULDN’T OPEN!!

“Donghae! The door is not opening!!” I panicked as Donghae stared at me in horror. He immediately stood up and tried to open the door. He kicked it and said, “HELP!”

He sighed as we both said, “WHY AM I SO UNLUCKY TODAY?!” We both stared at each other for we both stated the same words. I glared at him and returned to my seat a while ago.

“I guess we’re going to be here for a night.” Donghae said and sat beside me again.

“I don’t even want to stay with you here.” I immediately answered as I rolled my eyes. I saw him bit his lower lip and said softly, “Do you really hate me that much?” I was struck by what he had said. Do I really hate him this much that I have to be this cold and harsh to him? WELL, YES. DUH. I WANTED TO KILL HIM A WHILE AGO, RIGHT? I just kept quiet.

“Silence means yes..” Donghae sighed. I was about to say something but just remained silent. After a few minutes of silence, it suddenly rained cats and dogs. Oh, how I love being in the rain! I stood up and enjoyed rain pouring onto me but as for Donghae, he went to the covered part of the rooftop. Hell yeah, he doesn’t like being wet at all.

After a while, I suddenly felt a jacket on top of my head. I turned around and saw Donghae soaked in the rain too. He removed his jacket and placed it on top of my head. He said, “You might get sick! It’s so cold, can’t you feel anything?!” He said with an angry voice. Oh, how I miss those scolding. Tears started to fall onto my cheeks just like a waterfall. Luckily, he couldn’t notice it since it’s raining. That’s what I love the most about the rain; no one can notice you are crying.

My mind suddenly started recalling memories of me and Donghae. Thoughts of our past relationship filled my mind as I stared at him. I miss that mesmerizing eyes, perfectly shaped nose and kissable lips. I keep restraining myself on kissing and hugging him at this very moment. I wanted to tell him that I STILL DO LOVE HIM SO MUCH but I just can’t and it’s all because of this so called PRIDE.

\\*//

“Kyuhyun, where is Donghae?” I suddenly asked as I searched for Donghae inside the classroom. It’s about time to say it to him. I need to say that I still love him before it’s too late. Before Kyuhyun could speak, I said, “Kyu. About yesterday’s confession, I SAY NO and I’m so sorry..” Kyuhyun’s smile dropped as I patted his back. “But we could still be friends, right?”

“You still love my best friend, right?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked. I was shocked but manage to still answer a YES to him. “Well, he’s taking his leave right now and he’s going to America already. The car just left right now.” OH MY GOSH. I immediately ran outside as I saw a red car leaving from the parking lot. I ran and ran until I can and the car finally stopped. I stopped in my tracks and sighed in relief..

\\*//

I’m on my car right now, leaving for the airport. I’m going to America for good. I realized last night that Kolyne hated me so much and there’s not a chance we can be a couple again. I know it’s an immediate decision but I need to do this. For her happiness; I know when I leave, she’ll be totally happy with my best friend. Suddenly, my phone rang..

“Donghae! Please don’t hurt your best friend.” Kyuhyun said on the other line. I couldn’t understand what he is trying to tell me. “I won’t go to America?” I asked. I really couldn’t understand.

“No. Stop the car and see for yourself.” I followed what Kyu said. What is that he wanted me to see? I stepped out of the car. I was shocked to see a panting Kolyne just a few meters away from me and a sad Kyuhyun behind her. Was Kolyne following me? As soon as Kolyne and my eyes met, she immediately said, “Please don’t go, Donghae! I still need to tell something to you!”

I looked at Kyu who’s giving me a don’t-hurt-me look. I drifted my view and saw the girl whom I love so much panting heavily. I couldn’t hurt my best friend so I just said, “I’ll be late for my flight. Go back in class.” I showed a poker face and went back to my car. I started driving again.

I heard, “Donghae! Donghae! WAIT FOR ME!” Suddenly, rain poured again and Kolyne is still following me. I don’t like Kolyne being soaked in the rain. Thoughts in my mind are fighting; should I? Ugh! I can’t take it anymore. I stopped the car and went outside. I ran as fast as I can to Kolyne and hugged her tightly. I heard her sobbing in my arms saying, “You pabo! You made me ran this far!” I broke the hug.

She stared intently at my eyes and said, “I STILL LOVE YOU DONGHAE AND I CAN’T SEEM TO LET YOU GO.” I immediately smiled as I heard those words. Those are the words I’ve been waiting for to hear all this time. I just smiled at her..

“I still love the way you scold me whenever I am soaked in the rain. I still love the way you tease me. I still love the way you fight with me. I still love the way you take care of me. And most especially, I still love the way you loved me.” She managed to say with tears on her eyes. I know it’s raining but I can notice those tears in her eyes. I immediately pulled her into a kiss and hug.

“KOLYNE MARTINEZ, IT’S SO HARD TO LET YOU GO!” I shouted at the top of my lungs as Kolyne hit me playfully in the arm, “Yah! It’s so loud..” I laughed. I almost forgot!! Kyuhyun is here too. Omona, he’s on the back watching us. He looks like angry. “Kyu..” I said.

“Damn it, you two are so cheesy but sweet! You really are the best couple in our school!” I was shocked to hear those words from him. “I thought you are angry..”

“Well yeah at first. But now, I am not. HaeLyne is the number one couple in the world, not KyuLyne.” Kyuhyun smiled. I laughed and looked at Kolyne, “You are the best thing that happened in my life.”

***

DONE! I know it's ish right? I'm sorry for my bad grammar. Not that fluent in English. Well, comments even though it . yeah, i know. o_o