You're the only one.

You're the only one (Woohyun's Version)

                  

             

                     He loves her. He loves her more than anything in this world. He love the way she smiles, he love the way she laughs, he love the way she twirls her hair. He loves everything about her. He loves her since the first time she talks to him. The first time she talks to him when they were having math lessons in the classroom. It was the first year of Secondary school.

 

‘Woohyun-ah, if you don’t mind,’ she thinks for a second.

'if you don’t mind can you teach me this question. I’m bad at Math’s. I asked Myungsoo but I don’t understand his calculation,’ she said.

‘No problem, Jiyeon,’ he said.

And that was the first and last time she talks to him. He wanted to talk to her but he didn’t have the guts to see her.

 

On Saturdays, he used to go to Myungsoo’s house. He opens the door and he entered.

 

 ‘Annyeong haseyo, Ahjumma!’ he greeted and he bowed.

‘Woohyun-ah, How are you?’ Myungsoo’s mom asked.

 ‘I’m fine,’ he smiled to her.

 He could hear Myungsoo’s footsteps. He was coming down by the stairs and he was staring at the staircase.

‘Woohyun hyung, let’s go,’Myungsoo said.

‘Oh yeah, Myungsoo-ya,’his mom called.

‘Nae,’ his said.

‘I was thinking if you could take Jiyeon for lunch sometime. I think it would be great, right?’ his mom said.

Woohyun got shocked and he was speechless.

He was thinking why Myungsoo’s mom would want him to take Jiyeon for lunch.

‘I’ll try, Omma,’ Myungsoo answered.

 

              While they were on their way to the field to meet their friends, they both kept quiet. Myungsoo stopped in a sudden and lowered his head.

Woohyun turned behind and asked ‘What’s wrong?’

‘I’m sorry.’ Myungsoo said.

‘Why? What for?’ Woohyun asked.

‘About what my mom said but don’t worry I've no feelings towards Jiyeon and I know that you always like her and—’

‘I know, but why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?’ Woohyun asked.

‘I didn’t want to hurt you,’ he tried to give a smile.

 

              Woohyun smile back and goes nearer to him. He wrapped his arm around Myungsoo’s shoulder and he look at Myungsoo.

 

 ‘Come on, Sungkyu hyung is going to kill us if we’re late,’ he grinned.

 ‘Yeah, let’s see who could get there first,’ Myungsoo moved Woohyun’s arm and he start running.

Woohyun chase his back while calling out  his name.

 

                  On Monday, Woohyun went to school a little early. He decided to ask Jiyeon out so he went around the school looking for Jiyeon. She was talking with her friends.

 

He took a deep breath then he approached her.

 ‘Jiyeon-ah, Can I talk to you for a moment,’ he asked.

She look at him as if she never seen him, as if he was a stranger. He almost lost his confident because her reaction towards him.

‘If you’d say yes can we go for dinner sometime?’ Woohyun asked.

‘No, I don’t think so,’ she said and she walk off.

 

His friends scolded him. They told him to give up and look for some other girl. They say that she have got attitude problem.

 

‘When are you going to give up, Woohyun hyung ?!’ Sungyeol asked as he was leaning on the wall.

‘You really need to stop it!’ Hoya said.

‘Hyung, you’re just wasting your time,’ Sungjong said and he was so disappointed.

‘Woohyun-ah, think about it,’ Dongwoo said.

‘We’re telling for your own good,’ finally Sungkyu said while he was putting his arm on Dongwoo's shoulder.

Myungsoo did not say anything. Not even a word. He really didn’t want to  hurt Woohyun’s feeling. He could see how deep his love for Jiyeon is. He felt bad for Woohyun. He wanted to help him but how? What is he supposed to do? He was thinking while he was holding his camera. He’s got an idea!

He quickly grabbed Woohyun’s hand.

‘Hyung! Do you really love Jiyeon? Tell me honestly?’ he asked.

‘YA! Don’t ask me silly question? Isn’t the answer is obvious!’ Woohyun said.

Myungsoo got up and he put his camera aside.

‘Let’s sing a song for her,’ he said.

‘WHAT??’ all of them asked in chorus.

 They were shocked.

‘Are you serious?’ Sungyeol said while approaching him.

‘All of us? Sing for her?’ Dongwoo asked in shocked.

‘My mistake, only he sings. We’ll play the instruments,’ Myungsoo replied.

‘I think it’s a good idea,’ Sungjong said.

Hoya kicked Sungjong’s leg.

‘Mwo? Good idea?’ Hoya said.

‘This is silly!’ Hoya added.

Sungkyu walk to Woohyun as his hands was in his pants pocket.

 ‘Woohyun-ah, are you serious about Jiyeon?’ Sungkyu asked.

Woohyun nodded.

‘OK, let’s do it!’ Myungsoo said.

‘But when are we going to do this?’ Dongwoo asked.

‘Tomorrow,’ Myungsoo smiled to his friends.

‘In the school?’ Hoya asked.

‘Exactly!’ Myungsoo patted Hoya’s shoulder.

Hoya closed his face with his hands.

‘Andwae! Everybody’s going to stare at us like we’re aliens!’ Hoya said.

All of them ignored him and started to discuss about the plan.

‘YA!’ Hoya yelled.

Sungkyu looked at him.

‘Mwo? Mworago? You call me YA?’ Sungkyu glared at him.

Hoya smile to him and said ‘No, I was saying I say Ho! You say Ya!’

Everybody laughed at him.

 

                    The next day all of them were busy putting their instruments in the right place at the school park. They were waiting for Jiyeon to come. The other students were looking at them but they didn’t bothered.

 

‘Ready?’ Sungkyu asked.

‘Everything is settled except for one thing,' Hoya said.

‘Myungsoo is not here yet,’ Dongwoo said.

‘I called him but he is not picking up,’ Sungyeol puts back his hand phone in his pocket.

‘We have no time,’ Sungkyu said.

‘I saw her coming,’ Sungjong said, running to grab his keyboard.

‘We have to do it without him. C’mon!’ Sungkyu said.

‘No, wait! His coming!’ Woohyun said while looking at him running with his guitar.

Myungsoo stopped at Sungjong Keyboard and he asked ‘Am I late?’ then he smiled.

 Sungkyu quickly on the mike set for Woohyun and he said ‘Dongwoo, you do the rap and the others will do backing vocals!’

‘OK!' everyone said.

‘Ready? GO!’ Sungkyu said.

 

~ INFINITE_ I LIKE YOU~

Girl, I love you I need u always with you I’m alone

Ajikdo nan ni-ga boyeo son kkeuti jeoril -deushi apawah
Nae mameul seolle-ge-hae neon

Nae-ge neon neuraryeonha-go naedidji mothan cheot keo-reume naman jejarinkabwah
Neurireohke mae-il mae-mdol-ko isseo ama neon moreuget-jiman

Nan.. Oh oh nan.. Ni-ga chohda
Neoneun nae-ge modeunke cheo-eumi dwaeh
Mwo-ga eottae.. Nae-ga tto keureoh-ji mwo

[With the help of Dongwoo]
Ttottotto kyeol-kuk ireoni meonbalchi seo shiseon-man kkojhiji
Nunirado majuchimyeon sesangeun kkeunnaji kwiiyeoun miso useum -ggotpiji
Jo-geumman deo yongginae bol-teni moreun-cheok yeongie sok ta-euji marajwo nae-gen neohana ppunini oh
Nal ara jul-ttaekkaji always with you

Meolliseo ni misoreul bwah nun api heurisha-ge buseojyeo
Nae mami ttwiigo isseo tto

Kakkeumeun neo jom ul-jeokha-go mwonka seulpeun -deut boyeodo neon eoneusae utko isseo
Nae gaseumi waeh iri jeomyeo-ol-kka neoreul kkoganko shipeunkeol

Nan.. Oh oh nan.. Ni-ga chohda
Neoneun nae-ge modeunke cheo-eumi dwaeh
Mwo-ga eottae.. Nae-ga tto keureoh-ji mwo

(yeo-gi isseo nan) neul kakka-un gose neo eobshin andwaeh~ nan
(i jarie nan) neon nae-ge yeojeonhae ojing neomani nae mameul

Nae-ge neon neuraryeonha-go naedidji mothan cheot keo-reume naman jejarinkabwah
Neurireohke mae-il mae-mdol-ko isseo ama neon moreuget-jiman

Nan.. Oh oh nan.. Ni-ga chohda
Neoneun nae-ge modeunke cheo-eumi dwaeh
Mwo-ga eottae.. Nae-ga tto keureoh-ji mwo



‘Will you be my girlfriend?’ Woohyun asked as he puts his mike at the right place and he was really nervous. He thought she would refuse to be his girlfriend.

She smiled to him. She was really surprised and finally she said ‘yes,’ she smiled to him again.

 

              He really thought he was in a fantasy land. He can’t believe finally the girl that he loves accepted him. Finally she understands his feeling towards her.

              He approached her and he hugs her. Sungjong and Hoya was cheering like kids. His friends were happy for him. They were jumping and screaming as if they have achieved something.

              Woohyun went looking for Myungsoo. He wanted to thank him. He didn't thank him as he was busy with Jiyeon. He went to the class room, he went to the canteen. Lastly, he went to their library. It’s was still early, something told him that Myungsoo must be in the library.

              He ran to the library to thank him. He stopped as he holds the library door. He saw Myungsoo was watching down the field at the window.

              He almost approached Myungsoo but just then he saw Jiyeon walking to Myungsoo, he stopped. He hides himself behind the bookshelves in the library. He had no idea why he’d hide himself but he just did.

‘What are you looking at?’ she asked.

 Woohyun was waiting for Myungsoo’s respond.

‘You’re looking at the messy and ugly Suzy, aren’t you?’ she laughed.

 ‘I didn’t know you like that sort of girls,’ she said. ‘Doesn’t she look stupid?’ Jiyeon laughed.

Woohyun didn’t understand. He tried to peep on them.

‘No, she don't look like one.’ Myungsoo said.

‘Oh, don’t tell me you like her, Myungsoo?’ she asked.

‘It’s none of your business, Jiyeon,’ he said.

 

              Woohyun didn’t get it. He was disappointed that Myungsoo was hiding something from him and his friends. He followed Myungsoo the next day. He quickly hide himself behind some bushes at his school compound to peep on Myungsoo when he realizes Myungsoo walked to Suzy.

‘Hyung, what are you doing here?’ Sungjong interrupted.

‘What the—? You scared me to death Sungjong,’ Woohyun yelled.

‘I’m sorry, but it’s really funny to see you hiding behind these bushes,’ Sungjong explained.

‘I was looking at Myungsoo. I didn’t know he liked Suzy,’ Woohyun said.

‘Where? Where? ,’ Hoya asked, squeezing himself in between Sungjong and Woohyun.

‘What is he doing under that tree with Suzy?’ Sungyeol asked while pointing his finger to them.

Sungjong quickly tap his finger.  ‘Hyung, put down your finger! The might see us.’

‘I’m really disappointed, he didn’t tell us that he like Suzy,’ Woohyun said.

Dongwoo and Sungkyu came in sudden. ‘He told me earlier about it,’ Sungkyu said. ‘He told me he wanted to surprised you guys so don’t think too much. C'mon!,’ Sungkyu answered.

 

              And then The school was organizing a Prom night in the assembly hall. Woohyun rushed to the class. He wanted to ask Jiyeon to the Prom but again he overheard Jiyeon’s conversation with Myungsoo. As always, he hides himself again.

‘Aren’t you going to ask me if you can take me to the prom night, Myungsoo?’ Jiyeon asked.

Woohyun got shocked. He could not breathe. He tries really hard not to cry but his tears were falling as if the rain itself came down. He really felt hurt. He loved her but she was expecting Myungsoo to ask her out even though Woohyun is her boyfriend.

He felt dizzy so he couldn’t hear anything. He just hid himself quietly. He saw Myungsoo going out from the class and he knew that he was going to look for Suzy.

 Myungsoo never gave up! He never gives up!

Woohyun stood up and he walk to her. He knew Jiyeon didn’t love him but why would he want to give up. He asked her to the prom and she said yes to him.

            It was Sunday, the Prom is about to start. Woohyun came in with Jiyeon. He saw Myungsoo standing outside the school. Woohyun knew he was waiting for Suzy.

‘Myungsoo-ya, thanks for not asking Jiyeon out.’ He smiled to Myungsoo and he walked off.

He went inside to see his friends. After a while, Woohyun and his friends saw Myungsoo with Suzy. They were happy for him.

In a sudden Jiyeon interrupt Myungsoo and Suzy. They saw her pushing Suzy to the floor. Sungkyu got pissed off. He wanted to help them but Sungyeol stopped him.

‘We should not interrupt, hyung. Let him handle this,’ he whispered to Sungkyu.

Woohyun stood up and he walk to Jiyeon.

‘Jiyeon-ah, I need to talk to you,’ he took her hand and he walk her out of the hall. His friends wondered what is it his going to say to her. They watched Woohyun and Jiyeon from the balcony.

‘I love you, I love you so much and I always liked everything about you but I’m not sure that you love me or not.’ He touches her hair.

‘And now I think I loved the wrong girl.’ He looked at her and he asked ‘Do you think I loved the wrong girl?’

Her tears started to fall. She could not face him. She puts her head down. Maybe she could not forgive herself.

He bent down to comfort her.

She looked up at him. She gave him a smile, a pure and sincere smile to him. She hugged him tightly.

‘No, no, you did not love the wrong girl,’ she said.

‘I love you’she said.

‘I love you the most,’ he kissed her forehead and he hugged her again.

The boys were still watching them from the top of the balcony. All of them were cheering and jumping and even screaming.

‘YAY! Finally, he succeeds!!’ Sungjong cheered.

‘What are you doing? ’ Myungsoo came in with Suzy. ‘I was looking for you guys everywhere.’

‘Myungsoo-ya !’ Sungkyu jumped on him.

All of them were making noise. He didn’t get it.

‘What is wrong with you guys? ,’ Myungsoo asked.

‘We’ll tell you later,’ Sungyeol said.

‘And I have something to tell you guys, Suzy is my girlfriend,’ he said.

‘We knew about it! And hi, Suzy,’ Sungyeol greeted her.

‘I bet you know me, I’m Hoya,’ Hoya said.

‘How did you know?’ Myungsoo asked then he looked at Sungkyu.

 ‘Hyung, how could you?’

‘No, it’s not me! They found out themselves,’ Sungkyu explained.

‘What are you waiting for? Let’s celebrate! Our both friends got their loved one!’ Dongwoo cheered.

‘Why not? Let’s go!’ Sungkyu said.

‘Hyung, I think you should get someone for you fisrt.’ Sungyeol said.

 ‘You’re getting old,' he added then he laughed.

Everyone laughed.

                   Sungkyu was chasing Sungyeol in the hall. Everything was settled after that. Woohyun realized something. When you’ve started loving somebody, you won’t give up on them. You would go any far to make them yours. He realize how important is Jiyeon to himself and he know very well that Myungsoo thinks the same way. He’d did not bother about anybody. He only wanted to be with the girl he loved.

 


 

 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!

This fic was sepaparted to 5 chapters earlier.

I made it to oneshot due to some certain reason.

That’s all!

Byebye!

I edited a little.