Eternally In Love

Eternally In Love

 

Idols are people who are seen as models by their fans. You can see them on stage or any other places, and they always shine. Their smiles inspire people. But have you ever wondered about their lives before they were idols? Maybe that smile he puts up on stage for you actually mask’s a deep wound that cannot be healed even by time.


(Because of their hard work, all the members of EXO were given a chance to have a break)
"Everyone, we thank you for contributing so much to the success of your promotions! You all deserve some rest. You are given 1 week to be with your families, and because it's almost November, it gives you time to prepare for All Soul's Day. In the mean time relax, and see you in a week "

Ah at long last, we get to have a break. I have really been tired recently. I wanna go home now. All Soul's Day huh? I remember it still--
"AYO WADDUP BACON? :6: "
"YAH! x_x Aish pabo! What is it Chanyeol?" stupid. Always creeping up on me when I'm serious.
"Nothing. It's just that, you looked dazed earlier. Is something wrong? :??: "
"I'm not really in the mood right now. It's nothing you should concern yourself."
"Hm. Ok. Oh, where are you going during break? The guys are planning to go on karaoke wanna come?"
"Ah sorry. But like what manager said, it's gonna be November soon and I have things to take care of back home. I'll come back next week. “
“Ok, I understand *pouts* and I was thinking of having some baekyeol time too, hmp.”

“I’ll leave now! Bye guys, see you in a week.”
[In the train]
*chug---chug*
Hm, the sky looks so blue today. It’s the same with the sky eight years ago, back when she was still here---

---Ae Yuri. This name, this person, the one and only Yuri, my childhood friend and also my first love…
(…six years ago)
“Hyunnie! Hurry up! We’re gonna be late for our date with Mr. Sun!” she would smile happily, showing me such warmth.
“Stop calling me that! I’m Baekhyun! BAEK-HYUN!”
“But that name sounds cute *giggles* Now hurry up, we’re almost up this hill.” I gave her my hand, she held it tight and guided me toward the hilltop. We would sit at that hilltop for hours waiting for the sun to set.
“Look! Look! This time it’s a pretty orange.” She pointed out to the setting sun.
I sat in awe. “Yeah, it’s really pretty.” We both sat there, still holding each other’s hand until it was dusk.
Then she leaned on me, her long curly hair touching my back. She smelled very sweet, like vanilla.
“Hey, Hyunnie.”
“I told you it’s---“
“I know. It’s just funny when I tease you coz you blush easily when I do it.” She pressed onto me even more, and then she looked up at the stars.
*blushes* “I’m not an easy man you know! *pouts*”
“Ahahaha I know. That’s why I love you.” What? What did she just say? Did she say she loves me? *blushes*
“Look up at the stars. You know, when mommy was still alive, she told me that those stars are people, people waiting to be born again. Those people would be born after two thousand years, and they would meet the same people all over again.”
“Wha. Really? Your mommy’s amazing! But wouldn’t it be boring to meet the same people all over again? Won’t they get sick of it?”
“Hm I guess not. They can’t remember each other right? They waited a long time to be born again so I guess they’re not bored of meeting the same people.”
“Hm, maybe. But Yuri, that means we’ve met already right? Two thousand years ago. I wonder what we were back then. *giggles* maybe we were ninjas or samurais?”
“That’s stupid! I think I was a princess back then.” She suddenly looked at me with a beautiful smile—“ Hey, let’s make our promises.”
I was very curious. She extended her finger—“Let’s pinky swear!”
“Oh, um ok?” I was so confused I just went on with it.
“Let’s promise to be together forever!”
“Ahahahaha that’s a stupid promise Yuri!” *slap* “Oww. Why did you do that?!*blushes*”
“Because! Promises are important you know! I want to be with you forever. When I’m with you, I feel very happy Baekhyun.” *blushes* She lay down my lap and held my arm tightly.
“Can you also promise me another thing?”
*mumbles* “Geez another one?”
*slap* “Ow! Why do you keep doing this?!”
“Just listen! Ok, Baekhyun--“ unexpectedly she hugged me. I didn’t understand much and all I could do was hug her back. I could feel her heart beat to mine. It was like our hearts were synchronized.
“—when we meet each other two thousand years from now, can you promise me that we’ll be like this? We already promised we’ll be together so that means we’ll get married someday. Ok?”
“WHAT? I never agreed to this!”
“But you promised! Pinky swear it, c’mon!”
*blushes* “Ok, I promise.”

I didn’t know that that was the very last promise we would make, that that was the last time I would be with her on that hilltop, that that was the last time we would be together.
*Ding---dong*
*cleaning the classroom* “Hm, hey Jin, have you seen Yuri? She was here just a second ago.”
“Oh, I saw her at the school gate, she was playing with a cat.”
“A cat?”
*car screech*
“What was that?! My friend asked.
“Everyone! Yuri’s hit by a bus! Hurry! Someone call for help!”
My classmate came rushing to our room, with blood on her uniform. I was so terrified nothing came out of my mouth. I went dashing to the scene. There were people surrounding her.
“Get out! Everyone get away from her! YURI! YURI!” Tears came flooding my eyes. I can’t stop it. What can I do? What should I do at a time like this?! When I saw Yuri, I thought I was gonna break. The teachers called the ambulance and she was taken to the hospital.
“There are several ribs broken and she’s still in an unstable state. We’re not sure of what the outcome may be. I advice you to be prepared for anything. I must leave for now.” The doctor left with an uneasy face. I wan very scared. I looked at Yuri. She had to be given blood because of a lot of blood loss.
“Yuri! What’ll I do? What’ll grandma do if she loses you?” mrs. Ae, her grandma came as soon as she heard, and she felt devastated. My mom and dad were there too.
“Don’t worry Mrs. Ae, I’m sure they won’t let go of Yuri.” Mommy hugged mrs. Ae.
With all these events, all I did was sit there next to Yuri, as I held her cold hands, the tears didn’t stop from falling.
“Honey, it’s time to go home. You need to rest. We’ll come back for Yuri tomorrow ok? We need to let grandma rest.” Daddy tugged me.
“NO! I WON’T GO!”
“But sweetie—“ mommy added.
“NO! I-I can’t leave Yuri! Not in this state! I made her a promise and I won’t break it! I won’t leave her here! I’ll stay!”
“But sweetie, Yuri’s still—“
Then suddenly, I felt Yuri’s hand move.
“Yuri!” I saw her open her eyes. I held her hand tight.
“Baekhyunnie!” She smiled, and that smile gave me so much assurance of her safe recover.
“Yuri! Oh thank heavens your alright!” mommy,daddy and mrs. Ae were all happy too. I held on to her like I had no plans of letting go.
“Look Hyunnie, the sun’s setting.”
“Uhuh. It’s pretty isn’t it?”
“Hyunnie—“ She reached for my hand and placed it on her cheek. “—We’ll always be together no matter what right?”
“Yeah. No matter what!” I blushed. At that time, I really wanted to hug her.

Her eyes, gave a beautiful gaze, the sun’s rays reflecting on her them as she looked at me.

“Great. I’ll wait for you.”

I’ll wait for you? What does that mean?

“Hyunnie, look, the sun’s a star right? A star that always looks on everyone. Like the sun, I will become a bright and shining star that will look on you everyday. Take care of everyone ok? I love you.” Then I saw a teardrop fall on her face.

“beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep---beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep---beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”

Yuri’s hand slipped from my hand. Wha-what’s happening?

“Yuri? Yuri! Mommy! Why did Yuri close her eyes?!”

“Oh no. YURI?! I’ll go call the doctor!”

I kept holding her hand and calling out to her name but she didn’t reply, until the doctors came and dad took me away. I can’t understand what was happening. Why is mrs. Ae crying? Why is mommy hugging her and also tearing up? I looked at daddy and asked—

“Daddy, what’s wrong?” He didn’t respond. I was afraid. The events are unclear and I felt a cold rush through my spine. The doctor was using a machine at Yuri.

“Ready..Clear!” They kept doing it for several times.

“Yuri! Yuri!” I shouted. “Wake up!”

Then I was startled. The doctor stopped and looked back at us with a devastated face and shook his head. There was a sudden outburst of tears in the room. Dad held tight on me.

“Wha-what’s going on?! Daddy why is everyone crying?! Yuri’s alright now! Why—“

“Time of death?” The doctor faced the nurse.

“Death? That can’t be! Yuri! She’s alive!” I rushed at Yuri’s side and I saw how pale she’s got. Her lips were a pale pink but her hands were still warm.

“Yuri? Why?” Slowly, tears fell. They formed puddles on the bed.
“WHY YURI?! WHY?! We made a promise Yuri! We made a promise but why did you break it?!” I reached for her hand and clasped it tightly.
“You said we’d always be together! Why Yuri!”



*chug----chug*

“We’re arriving at XXXX.”

Oh, it was a dream. But why do I have tears on my face?
I arrived at our house, and everyone was happy I went home.
“Sweetie, welcome back! Here I prepared snacks for you. Dad’s still at work.” Mom still looks so young. We talked for a bit and time just seemed to fly because the sun was almost about to set.

“Oh look sweetie, the sun’s setting. I still remembered you and Yuri used to watch it when you were young.”

“Yeah, Yuri… Um mom, mind if I go out for a bit?”

“Huh? But where are you going? It’s almost evening and dad’s gonna come back any minute.”

“I won’t be long. I just have to visit a childhood friend.” After saying that, I winked at mom. I think she understood me because she gave me fresh flowers.

I came here, to our favorite spot every afternoon. This is also where Yuri is buried.

“Ah the sun’s setting. Are you seeing this Yuri?” I looked up at the horizon only to find the only star in the sky at that moment. My heart raced and it seemed to ache a little.

“Heh there you are! It’s still a beautiful orange sunset.” I smiled at her, and I felt a cool breeze. I think she smiled back.

“Hey Yuri, I still keep that promise we had. You know, that we will always be together. Even if you’re not here anymore, you’re still here alive in my heart. And it’s ok right? We would still meet two thousand years from now, and when we do meet again, I’ll make sure you’ll be my bride.”



[A week later]

“Hey everyone! I’m back.”

“Ah you look so fresh bacon!”

“Yup, I guess I do. *chuckles*”

“Oh, why do you look so happy? I know! It’s a girl right? Who is she?”

“Yeah, she’s Yuri, a childhood friend.”

“Wah! Can you introduce her to us?”

“No can do Chanyeol, she’s only mine.”

“Aww. Oh where is she?”

“She’s right here.” I pointed at my chest and Chayeol seemed confused.

“*chuckles* She’s in my heart silly. It’s because we’re always together. Yurin and Me.”

Just wait Yuri, ok? We’ll see each other soon!




 

The End