Chapter one

White Love

Stephy stared blankly at the mirror, her hands resting on her stomach. She doesn't know how she's going to break the news to him. Will he be okay? Will he be upset? Wait, she thought. Of course he'll be upset. This is something that can destroy his career.

Riiing!

"Yeoboseyo?" she answers carefully.

A loud and cheerful voice greeted her back, "Jagiya!"

"Oh hi, oppa! Are you ready?" she hoped that he wouldn't be able to tell that she's upset.

Apparently he didn't. "Ne! Meet me at the park, okay? I'll see you soon!"

She hung up the phone. Her heart felt like it was going to beat right out of her chest. She pondered whether she'll even go meet him or not. Maybe if she just disappeared, stopped seeing him, stopped answering his calls, then everything will be okay. No. This won't just go away. And he has the right to know, he needs to know.

She nodded to the mirror and raised a fist, "Hwaiting!"

 

Stephy and Jeongmin walked in silence, listening to the gentle crunch of snow beneath their feet. After a few minutes, they stopped to take rest on a park bench. Stephy shivered slightly and Jeongmin pulled her close. He held her tightly, resting his chin on the top of her head. He rocked them slowly back and forth, following the rythm of their heartbeats. Jeongmin felt happy. But Stephy's heart was troubled.

"Are you okay?" he asked after hearing her sigh. She didn't answer him. She just stayed quiet, burying her head in his chest. "Jagiya, what's wrong?"

"A-aniya." her voice shook.

"Don't lie to me." Jeongmin pulled back, trying to meet Stephy's eyes, but she only turned her head away. "Stephy look at me." he grabbed her chin, forching her to look at him.

She blinked, letting a tear fall down her face. Jeongmin gasped, jumping back a bit. She looked to her feet and stood. "I can't do this, I'm sorry."

Stephy walked away as quickly as she could. He only sat there dazed. What just happened? He blinked, clearing his mind. Thats when he realized Stephy was walking away from him.

"Yah!" He ran after her, catching her wrist. "What's going on? Why are you like this?"

"I'm sorry, Jeongmin. I thought I would be able to tell you, but I can't. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She sank to the floor, sobbing into her hands.

He panicked, Why was she acting this way? What exactly happened to cause her to act this way? He kneeled next to her, pulling her into a hug. "Jagiya, tell oppa what's wrong. Why are you crying?"

She swallowed her fear, and met his eyes. "Because I don't want to lose you."

"Lose me?" Jeongmin was getting scared now. "What are you talking about? You won't lose me."

"You might hate me," Stephy whispered.

"Ani! I would never hate you!"

"You might." She replied flatly. "This could destroy your career."

Jeongmin didn't know what to say. What was so bad that it could ruin his career?

She nodded. "That's what I thought."

"Wait!" He grabbed her wrist again to stop her from leaving. "Tell me."

"...Tell you? You want to know? No," she shook her head. "I'll deal with this myself. Just let me go and you won't have to worry, okay?" A new wave of tears ran down her face.

"Stephy, if I let you go now, I'll die. I'll die because I won't know what happened that made me lose you, the most important thing in my life."

She looked in his eyes, searching. She didn't find what she was looking for, but she found something that gave her strength. Stephy swallowed her fear and took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."