Farewell

She Used to Breathe

  There are some people in this world who believe that everyone has their perfect match and that everyone can be happy with their match. Some people say that love is foolish and that only having yourself is plenty of burdens enough. This... is where the burdens pile enough, enough to feel like one is enough to vanish from this world.

 "Murder's daughter."

"Your father can kill you instead."

These words were sent to her by the sharp tongues at school every day. All she hoped was to slam her locker when she collected her books so that the sound of the slamming could overlap their tauntings. 'Tis, it was true, everyday she had suffered to know who she was,  what her name actually was when everyone just addressed her as a murder. In fact it didn't even stop at school. Everyday she would come home to a drunken father who killed his supposedly best friend because of jealously. The girl always tended to scoff at the term "jealously" for she thought it was a foolish thought process that one would end someone else'ls own life and ruin another's. Unfortunately, there was a man that vowed she was supposed to be dead for what her father has done.

Nobody knew the pain she was going through at home, but the only thing that made her live was

a boy that she loved.

Named Kyuhyun.

Everything was going perfect for them.

Oh, the word perfect is especially contradicting.

His smile transmitted an emit vibe, indicating his surroundings that today would be perfect. No violence to interfere, no shrieks to barge on a day like this.

 

   He was wrong, of course. The boy had been drenched in love that he didn’t seem to understand. Destruction would take place any day now.

     He slightly pivoted his head to the passenger seat, still managing to examine on the abandoned road that did not acquaint soul before him. The passenger seat had the content of roses bundled into one bouquet that seemed to bloom as the velvet-textured petals joined a dance with the wind, prancing with all it’s efficiency. As he accelerated the speed of the car, unable to hide the anticipation of meeting her at her house, he soon ended up at the driveway, taking one last look at himself at the rearview mirror, “Remember, perfection is the key,” he reminded himself. A shriek arrived from the distance.

  And that’s when the essence of excitement and anticipation evaporated.

   As the roses collapsed in a dramatic fashion, he soon stormed into the house he came across the stench of blood that suspended into the atmosphere. Seeing that she was nowhere in sight with the curtains swaying peacefully against the calm wind of March, he crept his way upstairs. Softly pushing each door in sight to see where she was as if he were on a scavenger hunt, he heard one breath.

  All it took was one breath for him to identify to where she was. Unable to make a sound, he stood there. And watched every movement she assembled. She extracted the  pencil from her hand as her right hand trembled against a knob attached to a drawer. Quickly noticing a stranger’s hand clamping his hand over my mouth, all he did was summon me to be quiet, compressing a knife against his Adam’s apple as a threat.

  She unintentionally placed her back from me as she gazed at the window still not noticing my existence, “Life, you said that you would satisfy me, you said that you would make me happy. You are all lies, full of filth and disgust. I have no role here,” Without objection, the trees continuously swayed back and forth as if in agreement that the world would not have any good in storage for her. She sealed her pupils by her eyelids as she gulped on last time, still trembling as she felt the cold gun read to fire the bullet.

Then she pulled the trigger only saying a few words,

"Goodbye world,"

And she was gone.

The stranger not objecting to pull Kyuhyun back anymore, he stumbled to the ground right next to her, tears daring to collapse on the carpeted floor, "How can a human yourself, just watch her take her own life, and not say anything?!" His voice croaked, the sentence barely received into the stranger's ears.

"It was the best for her. Just look her. She has more scars visble than her skin, why do you think she covers her flesh with long sweaters even in the blazing, scorching weather. She truly loved you. And so she didn't want to show you your insecurities. She deserves to be in Nirvana, not in this hell-hole,"

"Who are you to her? W-What is your relation with her?" Kyuhyun stammers, barely able to create words for he was unable to function due to the scarred event he had just seen.

"I was a person who was forced to control.. To control her. To extract her smile, to vanish her laughter and plant her into mere darkness. Moments of silence fluttered around the tense scene while Kyuhyun's body collapsed onto the floor clutching her dead cold wrist but the stranger continued on, "Although I tried, I couldn't. She was too full of innocence that even when the others convinced me to rip every pride she has, I knew I couldn't. The world is a scary place and sometimes you just need to hide from it -- eternally,"

"Eternally hiding away from the universe is an act of stupidity. Just because you hide from it doesn't mean that it'll go away. You and I both know that's not how this world functions. Rather than just staring at the dark problems of life, and whine like a little child, why don't people just man up for a moment and not leave their love ones behind?" Kyuhyun stated a rhetorical question, mostly towards to the one that he loved.

She is that girl that escaped from his arms and planted into another dimension.

"I cannot answer that for you, for you can see yourself, the scars that she had created are made by herself," The man responded and digged into his deep pockets that drooped on his jacket, "She only addressed me to give this to you,"

Unable to stop the shaking of his palms that created an atlas to an unknown map, he reached for the yellow paper by it's crumbled paper. He soon daggered out of the house that spilled him with fears, and carefully opening the letter only to have the content of this and replying to every phrase he could.

Kyuhyun,

   I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is all I say and I dare not to ask for forgiveness, for I do not deserve any.

How you left me hurts me, you just should've told me. But I forgive you, I always will.

I should've told you.

Of course you should've.

 You're the only person that has made me smile... Since ages.

Smile more, even in heaven, because that's what makes me motivated everyday.

Do you remember when student in our school practically avoided by existence and taunted me for being a murderer's daughter?

Murderer. The word itself has a scare to it. You always despised the word. Little did you know, you are a murderer of yourself.

I always heard that you made the wrong choices, the big one being my friend. My only friend that is.

What foolish people dare to say such nonsense? Me? The wrong choices? Me finding you was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Do you remember when you walked with me when they were yanking their arms back to throw eggs at me that soon revealed a fresh yolk on my head? You were stupid you know that? You don't have to go through that.

I rather be an idiot with you that just standing there and later feeling extremely guilty about it. Besides, one shower and a couple ice packs, then it's all gone. After all, I would've been hurt more if you were.

I still remember when I tried my very best not to laugh when you noticably hid the flowers behind your back, claming for five minutes that it was surely nothing.

Oh, stop teasing, you know that I was an amateur at dating.

And one thing led to another, our memories were created. My only happy ones.

And our story would've gone farther if you hadn't left me.

I love you, Kyuhyun.

I love you too.

Then the tears from his eyes seemed to prouce like a huge waterfall, his memories with her continuing to race by through his brain as fast as his car did. He had absoluetly no idea where he was headed, perhaps somewhere isolated and peaceful. He thought about telling her today how he got applied to his dream job enough for him to be happy, and enough for him to support his one family. He had memorized every single line that he would say to her.

One line being the most imt, "Will you marry me?"

He hit on the brakes when he reached the end of a cliff, his hand still gripping onto the leather handle.

And that's when he did it.

Kyuhyun had jumped off the ledge and galloped into the deep blue sea, as all he said was, "We will meet again." He smiled faintly as his body falling into the deep blue sea, synchronized with the car he was inside. No longer had he felt the means to live without love. 

What is love when you are lonely? What is love when that person made you love? Love is what controls your emotions, what controls your actions.

Oh, to die by your side, such a heavenly way to die.