I’m a girl but I don’t act like one

I’m a girl but I don’t act like one

 

Gateun gireul georeo wasseo urin seoro dalpagago itjanha nolla-ul ppuniya goma-ul ppuniya saranghal ppuniya

“AHHHH… I want to sleep.”

Neo gateun saram tto eobseo…

Not long after.

“WOOKIE!!!!!”

“Unnie, seriously? Let me sleep a bit longer please? It’s school holiday.” Ryeowook mumble in her sleep. Seriously, she wanted to spend her holiday sleeping- repaying back all those sleepless nights.

She heard someone walking towards her bed and soon after, she felt someone sat at the corner of her bed.

“Yes Wookie baby, I wish I could but you remember your promise with Heechul unnie?”Said Sungmin, Ryeowook 2nd sister, while Ryeowook’s hair.

In a jiffy, Ryeowook sprung up into sitting position and said with a pout, “Ahhh unnie, Wookie forget.”

“Now, go take a shower and I doll you up.”

“Must I?”

“KIM RYEOWOOK!!!”

With that, she quickly makes her way to the bathroom. No one wants to make Sungmin mad. She is a fan of pink which make her look girlish; princessly but never ever make her mad. If you do, be ready to meet the other side of Kim Sungmin-the martial art girl.

Kim Ryeowook had never been any percent similar to her 2 sisters. The Kim sister had been staying together since their parents died in a car accident when Ryeowook was only 5 years old.

The oldest is Kim Heechul, 25, she is a famous young fashion designer and has her own retail shop, which is as big as a house. She loves to wear skirts and dress which show off her milky legs.

While Kim Sungmin, 23, she loves pink. She wears anything that is pink-these make her look girlish and princessly-like. She works side by side with Heechul because she is a famous young makeup artist. Both Heechul and Sungmin had work with all the top idols in the world.

However, Kim Ryeowook, 21, the youngest among the 3, she never feminine like both of her sisters. You would only see her wear a skirt in school or at some important occasions, apart from that, she love to wear pants and shirt-sweatshirt, baggy shirts, anything as long as it is a shirt. It is not that she do not have beautiful body shape like her sisters, honestly, the entire Kim sister had a beautiful body and face too.

“Wookie, you done?” Sungmin came in again after 15 minutes, between Heechul and Sungmin, Ryeowook is closer to Sungmin because Heechul is more hot-tempered and she is busy going overseas with idols for the concert, events, etc. Even though Sungmin is working as a makeup artist along side with Heechul, when it is an overseas event, she gave Heechul the responsibility to do so that she can take care of Ryeowook.

“Yes unnie.”

“Okay, I will be back with the equipment.                         While waiting for me, please find something feminine clothes to wear.” With that both went to do their task.

Flashback (a day ago)

“Heechul unnie, you going where this time?” Ryewook asked while sitting on Heechul bed watching her pack her luggage and try to hold back her tears.

“Unnie going NYC with the girl groups- 2NE1, f(x), Girl Generation.”

“Wow!!! I’m going to miss you.” She choked on her sentence. This time Heechul will be away for few months because the girl groups are going to make their official debut there. She stopped her packing and move over to Ryeowook who is wiping away her tears that falling uncontroablly.

“Shhh… Don’t cry neh? Sungmin will be here with you. We can video call each other right? Promise me to help Sungmin in the store while I’m away and you too having holiday now right?”

“Neh unnie. I will help Sungmin unnie in the store. Please don’t forget to video call me when you’re free?” Ryeowook cried even harder and Heechul hugged her tighter.

“AWWWWWW!!!” Sungmin, who just came back run over and join the hug.

Flashback ended.

Since Ryeowook already promise, she had to keep her word right even if she don’t like it right?

The rule to work in Heechul store is that you have to doll yourself up as feminine as possible since her fashion is more of princess-dolly kind which is so opposite of Ryeowook.

“Wookie, come let’s get cracking.”

Ryeowook walked over and sit across Sungmin who already done dolling herself up.

“Wookie, you should learn to doll yourself up. You are beautiful, even though natural beauty is the best but sometimes you need to show off that beauty you have. Be proud of yourself.”

“Unnie…” Ryeowook whined. “It is not that I am not proud of myself but I’m just not ready and I feel as if it is not me.”

Well, she is more than ready if her crush asked her to be his girlfriend.

Sungmin just chuckled before saying, “I’m sure Heechul and me have to wait ages before you get married. Wait, scraped that. Ages until you get a boyfriend. Hahaha…”

Ryeowook pouted at what Sungmin said. Yes, she still single and both her unnies had a boyfriend respectively and Heechul already engaged, waiting for the right time to get married while Sungmin still planning to engage or get married straight.

 

After about an hour, dolling up and having breakfast, they were all set to go the store.

Even though the Kim’s are rich, they prefer to go out using public transport unless the location need them to drive there and the store is not that far from their house-about 5 bus stops away.

After dropping down from the bus, while walking towards the store, Ryeowook heard someone called her from behind. When she turned, she saw a girl, same age as her, running towards her while wearing high heel and fitted mini dress.

“Lee Donghae, slow down.”

“Ryeo...Ryeowook, you’re here. Pretty”

“Hehehe, yes Donghae, Heechul unnie is out oversea so helping you and Sungmin unnie.” Donghae is Ryeowook best friend who work in Heechul store as a part timer.

 

“Ryeowook… Err… I didn’t know that you are coming today and I going lunch with Eunhyuk. Do you want to follow along if not I can cancel my lunch with Eunhyuk.”

Donghae who had been trouble about his lunch because he didn’t know that Ryeowook is working today and he had made plan to have lunch with Eunhyuk.

“Hehehe… It’s okay Donghae ah. You just go ahead with Eunhyuk, I will just have my lunch at home since Sungmin unnie is going to meet Yesung hyung for some family lunch meeting.”

“Ani ani ani… I feel bad…” “ Aha… I will be back. You will be surprised.” With that he went to the store room to get his phone and left the clueless Ryeowook alone.

 

Lunch time

“Wookie, Unnie going now. Remember to switch off all the lights, air con and lock the door before going for lunch.”

“Ne unnie. Hwaiting!” Ryeowook gave Sungmin a hug at the door before Sungmin left hand in hand with Yesung. She then put a close sign at the door.

Few minutes later, while Ryeowook was busy doing last check in the store, she heard a bell which indicates that someone just enter the door.

When she just about to turn, she heard Donghae voice,”Hyukkie!!!”

Ahhh, its Eunhyuk. She thought and continues doing her work.

 

“Hi.”

Ryeowook was shocked. That voice. Why is he here?

Ryeowook don’t dare to turn. No one has see her like this- wearing dress, in high heels, put on light make up and letting her hair go.

She pretend to not recognize that voice and said calmly although her heart is pounding like mad, “I’m sorry sir but we are close now. I guess my colleagues forgot to put the “close” sign.”

Just then, “Oh here you are Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. You found each other. Come let’s go for lunch.”

“Errr, Donghae, you just go ahead with Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun. I don’t feel hungry and got things to do.” Ryeowook said with her back still facing them and pretend busy-ing herself.

She had a crush on Kyuhyun since the start of high school. They had been close since this one incident where Donghae and Ryeowook were playing soccer and accidentally kicked the ball which landed on Eunhyuk head that is playing soccer with his friends nearby. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun had been friends since childhood just like Donghae and Ryeowook. Naturally, they get close with each other.

Unlike Donghae and Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook relationship is more like cat and dog. Every time they meet, they always had something to bicker but will patch up soon before the day ends.

“Are you sure Wookie? I though Sungmin unnie said there is nothing on task today until the end of the week? Please, pity Kyuhyun. He came specially for you.”

“I didn’t ask him to come.”

After it seems like forever, Kyuhyun speaks up, “I knew you recognize my voice. And I come because Donghae begged me to company you since she know you be “lamp-post” if you had lunch with the EUNHAE couple.”

“Excuse me,” Ryeowook turned, totally forget her point to not turn,” I can have my lunch at home or just wait till dinner and I will eat with unnie!!!”

Instead of arguing back, Kyuhyun frowned and replied, “Why are you wearing like this?” while pointing up and down at Ryeowook.

Donghae who can feel the tense atmosphere quickly cut in, ”Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, let’s go. Eunhyuk waiting and we both hungry.”

Ryeowook just walked pass Kyuhyun and went to the door.

She felt hurt hearing what Kyuhyun just said. Instead of complimenting her, he gave her that remark. It’s not that she really wanted Kyuhyun to praise her but this is her first time dressing like this in front of Kyuhyun and people always compliment her beauty when she wore femininely.

While walking towards the restaurant, Ryeowook walked beside Donghae who busy talking and laughing with Eunhyuk while Kyuhyun walked behind.

 

Kyuhyun knows that Ryeowook is upset, he had known Ryeowook long enough to know her “pattern”.

Honestly, Ryeowook really look beautiful in feminine clothing but Kyuhyun don’t like it. He is jealous by just thinking that guys will look at Ryeowook who wearing the sleeveless mini dress with leggings.

Ryeowook’s mind was too occupied that she almost bag into a lamp-post and thankfully, Kyuhyun grabbed her.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you? Let go of me!!!”

“Be thankful that I grabbed you if not, you will bang into the lamp post!!!”

“Guys…” Now Donghae turn to ask. She knows this fight will continue till the end of the day.

“Donghae, I’m sorry. I guess you and Eunhyuk just go ahead. I want go back home. I’m sorry, EUNHAE.”

Donghae just nodded. She knows her best friend wants be a lot. From her expression, Donghae knows Ryeowook felt hurt deeply from what Kyuhyun said.

 

Ryeowook just want to be alone and cry. She walked to towards the park nearby her house, without her knowing, someone’s following her.

She finds her prefect spot under a tree which is far away from the crowd. She sat down and stares blankly, replaying again the scene in the shop-how kyuhyun said, his expression,etc.

She felt hurt, she felt helpless, no matter how many people said she is pretty but if it doesn’t attract her crush attention, it’s heart-breaking. One sided love.

Slowly, tears start falling down her silky skin.

She too busy burying her face crying, she didn’t realize someone walked over.

“Hey… Shhh”, that person put over his jacket on Ryeowook and sat beside her.

“Ky..Kyu..Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook was shocked.

When she saw Kyuhyun smile, she couldn’t help it but hug him and cry harder on Kyuhyun chest.

“Hey, don’t cry. I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun calmly said and Ryeowook hair lovingly.

After Ryeowook seems to cool down, left with tiny sobs, Kyuhyun cupped her face and looked directly into that clear crystal eyes, wiping the stain tears.

“Don’t cry. You look beautiful today. I’m sorry if what I said hurt you. I don’t want others to look at you in this. I’m selfish. I feel jealous just by thinking how others being able to look at you like this.  I feel I just saw someone different today. You’re really mesmerizing but I still prefer the old you, the tom boyish Kim Ryeowook. T-shirt, pants, no makeup and hair tied. That’s you. That’s the Kim Ryeowook I knew. As for this Kim Ryeowook, keep it only for me please?”

Kyuhyun hugged Ryeowook and gave a kiss on the head and “Saranghae Kim Ryeowook. I love you since Day 1.  I love the simple Kim Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook was shocked and slowly back away to face Kyuhyun, ”You love me?”

“I’m sorry. I know I had hurt you a lot. Please give me a chance? When I saw you in this feminine dress, it feels different. I’m afraid you change your style to attract other guys and that’s hurt me. Please?”

Ryeowook slowly smiled and hit lightly Kyuhyun head, “Pabo. I will never change myself. I’m dress like this because I’m working there, helping unnie.” She hugged Kyuhyun, mumbling, “ Nado Saranghae” and kissed Kyuhyun chest where she hide her blushing face.

Kyuhyun chuckled before saying, “I’m sure you’re hungry. The Eunhae is waiting for us to have lunch. Come, let’s go.”