Will You Be My Friend..?

How The Dragon Claimed His Panda.

 

Tao’s mind was absolutely blown. Blown into millions and billions of nasty, grey, bite sized pieces. It was a nasty visual, but it just about summed up his inner emotions. Glancing around him, Tao took in all the new faces he’d met today and discretely pinched his cheek to confirm that this was, in fact, reality. At the sharp sting Tao yelped quietly and let out a small little grin. Tao couldn’t even remember the last time he’d had this many friends. Probably not since he’d first started to experience his growth spurt and begun to tower over all his fellow classmates. Apparently being at least a head taller than everyone else is what some people would consider intimidating. Tao pouted and wondered if his height bothered any of his new friends.

Tao glanced back at Kris who was now once again on his feet glaring mental daggers down at an unapologetic looking Luhan. Tao’s pout lifted and he cocked his head to the side in thought. He may be tall but Kris was basically a motherfudgin’ giraffe and the others seemed to have absolutely no problem dealing with him. Tao watched as Luhan stood on his tippy toes and flicked Kris on the forehead one last time before scrambling back to sit next to Tao and highfive Chen.

Tao’s previously shattered mind was suddenly assaulted by a new and highly unpleasant thought. Looking down at his hands on his lap he began to twiddle his thumbs. Now that he really gave it some thought he realized that none of the boys had ever actually asked him to be their friend…. Had he just jumped to conclusions and mistaken their kindness for friendship? After all the four of them were all amazingly good looking and seemed to be really popular. Why would any of them want to be friends with someone like him? He was just a tall, awkward, young boy with murderous panda eyes. Not to mention no one had ever seemed to be interested before, why would that suddenly change now? Tao bit his lower lip in an effort to keep tears from forming once again, because now this was beginning to get embarrassing. Tao ceased the movement of his thumbs but kept his gaze lowered.  

Kris noticed the young boy’s distress and approached Tao from behind, wrapping his arms around the younger’s chest. Kris lightly gripped Tao’s chin and turned it to face him, taking a quick look at the boy’s glittering eyes and abused lower lip he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on the pink flesh. Tao blushed to the roots of his hair but didn’t pull back. Kris brushed his thumb across Tao’s lip as he leaned back, “What’s wrong my baby Taozi?” he questioned huskily.

Tao shook his head and glanced away, not wanting to voice his embarrassing worries. Kris placed his hands on both sides of Tao’s face and turned his head back towards him, “Tao baby. What’s wrong? You can tell me anything.”

Tao peered up at Kris through his lashes and breathed deeply trying to gather his courage. Kris’ heart melted at the adorable sight before him and just barely resisted attacking the younger with kisses to every inch of that cute little face. Tao decided it was better to just let things out then allow them to stew and cause them to be blown out of proportion so he let out in one quick breath, “Iwasjustwonderingifyouguyswouldbewillingtobemyfriends?ImeanI’veneverreallyhadarealfriendbeforeandyouguysseemreallyniceandcoolandIunderstandifyoudontwantoIknowI’mnotascoolasyoubutIcantry!! Pleassee??”

Kris leaned back at Tao’s outburst and stared at him in confusion, he turned to Chen and Lay to see if they understood any more of that than he did, the two looked at him and shrugged letting him know they were just as stumped as he was. “Tao Baby, You’re gonna have to say—” Kris began.

“Oh my cute little panda!!! Of course I’ll be your friend!! Call me ge, ‘kay??? I have no idea why you’d think you aren’t cool! You have the most adorable black eyebags! I wish I had such cool eyes. Com’ere give ge a hug.” Luhan squealed as he gathered Tao into a large Momma bear hug. Tao giggled as he hugged Luhan back and wondered how his eyebags could be considered adorable.

Kris shook his head in wonder at Luhan’s ability to understand Tao’s jumbled sentence, then realized what Luhan was doing to Tao and quickly snatched his Taozi back, cuddling him into his chest. “Tao baby, why would you even ask that? You’re the most beautiful, angelic, cool person I have ever met. Of course I want to be your friend.”, Kris paused and smirked, “Well actually that’s not quite correct, I would much rather be your—”

*AHEM* Chen cleared his throat and interrupted Kris’ sentence gleefully, “I will be your friend Tao! And I agree you’re very cool. Those cheeseheads were probably just jealous of your awesome, overpowering coolness. AIGOOOOO!!” Chen said that last part as he pinched Tao’s cheeks indulgently. Tao scrunched his nose at Chen’s actions but smiled happily anyways.

“Uhhhhh….” Lay started awkwardly, and Tao turned to face him. Realizing he never really got the chance to introduce himself he bowed quickly, making Kris pout as he escaped his arms, “H-Hi! I’m Tao! L-Lay ge, right??” he stuttered, recalling Chen calling him that earlier. Lay bowed back and replied, “I’m Lay.” Tao blinked down at him and Lay continued, “uh. I’ll be your friend. That is. If you want. To be. Friends, that is. Uhmm..” Lay ended and made an awkward derp face before clearing his throat and turning to stare at the nearest wall. Tao giggled once again and nodded vigorously, he was so happy he turned around and threw his arms around Kris’ neck and smacked his lips against the other’s. Kris stumbled back in shock, but quickly recovered and placed his hands on Tao’s waist and deepened the kiss, slipping his tongue into the other boy’s mouth. Tao’s eyes widened, suddenly realizing what he’d done and he backed away quickly. Kris smirked and wiped some excess saliva from his lips as he kept his eyes on Tao’s. Tao whimpered and hid in Luhan’s chest. “Luhaaaannnn geeeee!!!” he whined. Wait. “Luhan GE?? You’re older than me?!?” Luhan threw a murderous glare at Kris and then laughed and ruffled the young boy’s hair, “I’m older than all of you silly!!” Tao’s mouth dropped open in amazement.

Luhan pushed the boy’s mouth close with his index finger and led him back to his previously vacated seat, “Come Tao, the Teacher should be arriving soon, you don’t want to make a bad impression on the first day!” Tao just followed along stupefied. 

______________________________________________________________________________

So exams are over!! I'm so happy to be able to update! I hope this makes someone's day (:

This is also unedited, I just really wanted to get another chapter out so I'll read it later and  fix

whatever needs to be fixed, Kay? 

Feel free to comment, and let me know how you feel about this story, about your life, your favorite color, 

whatever (: