Final

A Wish Came True

Siwon parked his silver Hyundai outside of the church. He turned off the car's engine and headed outside. Today is the first night of the nine-day novena mass, and he has been thinking hard of what he should wish. The morning breeze chilled him, making him button up his black, leather jacket. He placed his hands in his pockets and walked slowly.

The smell of steamed rice cakes combined with the cold breeze. He walked towards the stall and looked what's good enough to eat: long, purple ones with grated coconut; white, small one with butter on top. He made a mental note to buy one of these for his co-workers.

Siwon entered the church, and went over a vacant seat. People nowadays wanted to sleep more since it's cold, but it's better to be up and going to warm up. He sat down and looked around the holy place. The twinkling Christmas lights hovered, indicating that Christmas is almost here. He chuckled and resumed in staring.

Just then, someone tapped his right shoulder making him turn around. It was Kyuhyun, one of his co-workers-slash-the apple of his eye. Siwon watched this young male work all day, from the day he entered inside the office. They have became best friends, but he secretly fell in love with the hardworking lad. Although he is filled with Starcraft and stuff, he still gives time for seriousness and for work.

"Hi Siwon!" Kyuhyun chirped and sat beside the older male. Siwon could feel the warmth of his cheeks, and tried his best to hide its blushing color. Kyuhyun chuckled as he saw his co-worker-slash-friend hide his handsome face.

"You don't need to hide that face of yours, Siwon. You look amazing today, anyways," Kyuhyun complimented. Siwon smiled widely and started to talk to him. "Why are you here anyways?"

The younger male looked away and stared at the Christmas star near the Nativity scene. "Ryeowook told me that this novena mass can grant any wish if you would complete it. I decided to try it and make a wish at the end." Siwon nodded and looked at where the young lad is staring. It's also the belief he heard from one of his co-workers. He decided to try it and luckily, his wishes came true.

And this year, his wish is to make Kyuhyun the love of his life.

The mass then started. It was solemn and everyone is quiet. Siwon would ocassionally take a glance at Kyuhyun, and think that this evil-slash-hardworking boy could be as holy as an angel is. He's like the younger version of their boss, Leeteuk.

After the first novena mass, Siwon and Kyuhyun walked together outside. The older male remembered what he needs to buy and walked towards the stall where the rice cakes can be sold. Kyuhyun followed Siwon and looked around.

"What are these?" Kyuhyun casually asked. Siwon chuckled. "It's steamed rice cakes. They're delicious. I've tried one of them before," he said as he paid for the food.

The younger one looked at the paper bag puzzled. "Are you going to give it to someone?" Siwon nodded and smiled. "It's for our other co-workers, and some of it are for you." Kyuhyun blushed at what the older said.

As they approach the silver Hyundai, Kyuhyun then froze. He didn't realize that Siwon has a car and knows how to drive. Being a hardworking person he is, Kyuhyun watched the older man carefully after he entered the office. He finds the older serious and scary, but when they first talked, he was enchanting and amazing.

"Want a ride?" Siwon offered. Kyuhyun nodded, and entered the car. Today, Siwon was glad that he got a chance to speak to Kyuhyun. It's unforgettable, and he thanks the Good Lord of what he just receieved.

 

After Eight Days...

Siwon stepped out of the car, making him button up his black, leather jacket. Today is the last Christmas novena mass, and it's now time for him to make a wish.

He and Kyuhyun completed the mass together, and ocassionally eat the steamed rice cakes when Kyuhyun wants to. This year's Christmas wouldn't be so bad after all.

The older entered the church, scanning the place with his observant eyes. "Kyuhyun's not around?" he asked himself. It's almost time to start the mass, so he decided to sit down on the usual seat he's in with the love of his life.

Siwon looked around, staring here and there and everywhere. The younger was no where to be seen. He frowned and bowed his head down. Everything fell into pieces as he realized Kyuhyun was no where. Maybe he was wrong, he shouldn't wait and hope that the younger one will love him back. This might not be the right Christmas.

The mass went on, but there was no sign of the young male. Maybe he's busy. Maybe he's just doing an important errand. But as the mass was coming to an end, it was impossible for him to attend. He sighed sadly and looked at the vacant seat beside him.

Kyuhyun is not going.

Siwon trudged to his car after the mass. He was so frustrated that he didn't come. He decided to go to work and forget what just happened this dawn.

 

When he arrived at the office, he started to search for Kyuhyun, but his seat was empty. He felt that something is missing and he's incomplete. Maybe he needed Kyuhyun after all.

He went to the pantry and made himself a cup of hot coffee to warm his day up. Just then, his boss entered and smiled at him.

"Good morning, Leeteuk," Siwon greeted. The boss, who was recently named Leeteuk, smiled at him and made his own cup of coffee. "How are you? I see Kyuhyun didn't go to work today," he remembered as he looked outside of the pantry. Siwon sighed and nodded. Kyuhyun is absent, and the worst?

Today is Christmas Eve.

Leeteuk saw his worker's frown and patted his back. "Don't worry, Siwon. There are still a few whom you can love." Siwon sighed deeply, hurt with what his boss said. Before the older could leave, his boss greeted him. "Merry Christmas!" Siwon smiled and stepped out of the pantry.

 

He immediately went home and decided not to celebrate Christmas Eve. That nine-day novena mass is not effective, and what he heard was just all nonsense. As he parked his silver car, the smell of steamed rice cakes and delicious food filled the air. "That's strange," Siwon muttered to himself as his face wore a confused look.

The older male walked up to his front door steps. He was about to open the white mansion's house when someone turned the knob.

And in front of his very eyes, was the apple of his eye. Cho Kyuhyun.

"Merry Christmas, Siwon," the younger greeted him and let him enter the house. The house turned into a Christmas paradise, making him surprise there. He saw the sight of his family, and some of his co-workers. Siwon chuckled at the sight, and looked at Kyuhyun.

"You don't need to do this," he assured him, but Kyuhyun smiled. "Well," he started, "I needed to call your family to go here so I didn't attend the last novena mass. I also put up decorations in your house so it wouldn't look dull. I'm sorry I was not with you, I'm just busy putting up a surprise for you. I just want you to know that..." Siwon cut him off with a kiss. The kiss was so gentle, and as their lips touched, it was magical.

"Kyuhyun, I love you," the older male simply said. The younger blushed and whispered, "I love you too."

So it finally came true. Siwon's wish finally came true. At first, he extremely doubted it, but once in a while, he started to believe in miracles. Attending the nine-day novena mass wasn't so bad after all.


Hello hello! :)

Originally, this is supposed to be titled "Misa De Gallo" which means "Christmas Dawn Masses". My country's tradition every nine days before Christmas is to have novena masses every dawn. I changed it to "A Wish Came True" because we Filipinos believe that if you completed the nine-day mass, your wish will be granted.

Also, I already experienced this so by experience, my wishes came true.

Hope you guys enjoyed it! :)