Under the Same Sky

Under the Same Sky [BTOB ILHOON ONESHOT]

You sat crouched against the wall while hugging your legs into your chest. A shiver shot through body as the cold winter air penetrated through the tall, glass windows. Every once in a while, the bright lights from incoming airplanes on the runway brightened up the darkened waiting room you hid in. This was the only room which was empty so you figured that no one would look for you in here.

Today was the day you were leaving for the U.S after completing your semester overseas in South Korea and it is needless to say that you did not want to leave. The time spent here was too exhilarating and exciting that you didn’t even want to leave. The places you visited, the people you met were all part of what made this experience worthwhile. But all good things had to come to an end.

"Yah _________-ah," came a voice from outside the room. Your eyes immediately widened.

            Oh no! That sounds like Ilhoon! He was supposed to have a fan signing at this time!           

 Ilhoon was within the same program you were at in college so you two saw a lot of each other between classes. He even introduced you to BTOB and other groups of the Cube Family as well. What began as a small friendship eventually grew into something deeper. Even though you constantly tried to deny it, your efforts were futile. You were in love with him but did he feel the same way? The relationship between you two would at some points be so obvious that the other members of BTOB couldn’t help but tease you two.

 

             "Yah lhoon-ah, " Eunkwang asked while the group was backstage at Music Bank, "Admit it, you like her don’t you?"

            Ilhoon remained silent as the make-up artist continued applying powder on his cheeks.

            "If you don’t feel like confessing then why don’t you just kiss her?" Minhyuk added mischievously. The rest of the boys roared with laughter while Ilhoon's face continued to reddened.

            "Aigoo, look at our baby," Hyunshik stated, "he is shy!" Hyunshik wrapped his arm around Ilhoon's neck and hugged hum close to his chest while he squirmed uncomfortably.

            "Ah hyung," Ilhoon cringed, "you know how much I HATE skinship!"

            "And that’s what makes you so adorable," Minhyuk exclaimed as the other members piled on top of him.

            "Yah I CANT BREATHE YOU IDIOTS!!"

            "Ilhoon's getting a bit impulsive these days," Peniel stated, "Yah, why are you talking informally to your hyungs?"

            "Hyung," the youngest Sungjae exclaimed, "Are you even a man? Just confess already!"

            Those words constantly rang in Ilhoon's head and it wasn’t that he didn’t want to. He was a bit nervous in confessing to you because he didn’t want to ruin the friendship the two of you had just in case you didn’t feel the same way.

 

            You heard the door handle click and the creaking of the wooden floorboards.  A gasp escaped your lips when you realized someone was in the room. As you desperately tried to scramble across the floor to grab your luggage and try to find a way to escape, a sharp cry prevented your attempt.

"Yah! Where have you been?" Ilhoon cried with his arms folded, "Your flight leaves in 20 minutes! Are you insane?"

          "Why are you here?" you asked standing up, "I thought I told you not to come."

         Ilhoon scoffed. "You can't tell me what to do," he said while approaching you, "Besides, what kind of person would I be if I didn’t come to send you off?"

         "That only makes it harder to leave," you mumbled.

         "What?"

"Nothing, I just said I was going to miss everyone in Cube.  GN.A unnie, 4minute,

Roh Ji Hoon oppa, A Pink, and of course your members as well."

"You're not going to miss me?" he asked softy.

"Eh?" you asked in shock, "I didn’t say that."

"You kind of implied that."

"That’s not true, " you suddenly blurted out, "I am going to miss you the most."

"Chinja?" he asked tenderly while walking closer to you. "May I ask why?"

         Your heart jumped after realizing what you had just said. He was now so close to you that you could smell his alluring cologne. You crouched into the corner of the room as he approached you. "What do you mean why?" you asked stubbornly, "Because you are my friend."

"Only a friend?" he pressed on interlacing his fingers with your own and resting his forehead upon your head.

"Hmm?" you asked a bit taken back from his sudden forwardness.

"From all those times we spent together, that’s all I am to you?"

"Ilhoon-ah - "

          "I never saw you as a friend _______-ah. To me you are much more than that. You think you feel bad that you are going away? Believe me you have no idea how much it hurt after I found out you were leaving." You looked up at him in shock as he gently your cheeks while gazing into your eyes. "I don’t know when it started but I fell in love with you. And now that you are leaving I . . ."

         He couldn’t complete his sentence and you understood why. He felt exactly the same way as you did. "Pabo," you pouted, "Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?" You smacked his arm repeatedly, half in sadness and half in frustration. He immediately pulled you into his arms and embraced you tightly as you continued to sob uncontrollably.

        "I take it you feel the same way?" he asked playfully.

        "What's with the sudden closeness?" you asked fighting though your tears, "I thought you don’t like skin ship."

        "Stop trying to avoid the question," he retorted, "Besides when my members do it, it's weird. But with you . . . I 'll make an exception." He stared at you as tears started streaming down your cheeks. "Uljima, I don’t want to see you leave like this. Should I do my famous numbers aegyo?"

        You lips slowly started to form a smile. Whenever you were feeling down, he would always cheer you up with some form of aegyo. The 1+1 aegyo was your favorite. "I decided not to leave. I can't leave you," you mumbled into his chest.

        "Pabo, you have to go. You need to finish your classes."

        "But I won’t finish until two years."

        "For you, I can wait for a 100 years."

        You chuckled. "Yah that was cheesy," you stated grinning at him.

        "There is that smile I love so much," he stated lifting your chin with his index finger, "It's not like I am going to disappear from this world. No matter what, I am still under the same sky as you are."

        "Yeah, but you are going to be far away."

        "Those years will fly by fast. Trust me," he replied placing a chaste kiss on your forehead. You then gathered all your luggage and he lead you out into the boarding gate where the other members were waiting for you.

        "There you are!" Minhyuk exclaimed immediately wrapping his arms around you, "you had all of us worried!"

        "Yah, hands off my girlfriend," Ilhoon commanded.

        "You told her?" Eunkwang asked in shock.

        "FINALLY!" Hyunshik exclaimed throwing his hands over his head, "This idiot comes to his senses!"

        "Did you two kiss yet?" Eunkwang interrogated eagerly.

        "Who confessed first?" Sunjae asked curiously.

        "CAN YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP?" Ilhoon asked annoyed, "You're freaking her out! AISH!" He gently grasped your shoulders and pulled you towards the entrance of the gate. You saw one of the attendants checking the passengers' boarding passes before they entered the security clearance. You turned your attention back to Ilhoon.

        "I guess I am leaving then," you stated monotonously while grasping your hand luggage. Ilhoon nodded and then embraced you. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and hugged him back, wishing you could never let go.

        "Final boarding call for Korean Air Flight 364 to JFK," you heard the announcer broadcast over the speakers. You waved bye to the other members who enthusiastically waved back along with Ilhoon. He watched as you waited in line with the other passengers. Something seemed to trouble him though. It took moments for him to fully embrace the fact that he wasn’t going to see you for a long time. No. He had to make the most of this moment.

        "Yah _____-ah," he called out and raced towards you.

        You walked out of line and stood before him.

        "What?"

        "I forgot to tell you something," he answered.

        "What?"

        Suddenly, he placed his lips upon yours enveloping you into a sweet and tender kiss. After pulling back, he cupped your face in his hands. You stood paralyzed with his sudden action since he normally isn't the type who would be so forward.

        "Wae-" you asked but you were cut short as he kissed you again, this time wrapping his arms around your waist. All you could hear were a few whistles and cheers from what you knew were the rest of the members and also the erratic beatings of your heart.

         After what seemed to be hours, he then gently broke the kiss and whispered with his lips still lingering on your own, "Saranghae."

 


All comments are appreciated!!!

Hope you all enjoyed this one!