Attacked

The Gangster and The Nerd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  "Who the hell did this?" You shouted, venting your frustration on a nearby dustbin.   By the time you arrived, the girls had almost been beaten to a pulp and the attackers were gone.   *, if only i didn't hang up on them*   "We don't know, never seen them before." Eun Jung croaked, her lips swollen and bruised. You heart pinched as you took in the casualties, trying to erase the rising feelings of guilt. The attackers were brutal. And strong. Definitely not newbies.   Ji Yeon limped over to you. "I think they are from the North."   "They said something about revenge and payback." Soyeon added, whimpering in pain as Boram applied medicine on her wounds.   "Yes, and they will be back. They are the strongest we have ever met, much stronger. There were others too. Seven guys."   You clenched your fist as anger took over. No one hurt your family and lived. You were going to hunt them down, one by one. "Mianhe, I should have came earlier." You said, sliding down to the floor. Self-loathing swept through your being as you looked at the injured girls one by one. You had failed them as a leader.   Maybe you could have prevented this if you hadn't ignored Jiyeon's call.   Qri shook her head."No, it's not your fault. We were not prepared for this. It's been so long since we met an opponent like them and they came with no apparent reason or without prior warning. It happened all too quickly. And so suddenly."   You furrowed your eyebrows, deep in thought. Who was behind this? You surely had not offended someone so badly enough to seek revenge like this. Especially not someone from the north. You didn't want to have anything to do with the North.  Somehow, out of nowhere,  that image of Ji Min's smirk floated into your consciousness, sending a cold shiver down your spine. She gave you bad vibes. Very bad vibes.    Jiyeon broke your thoughts and placed her hand on your shoulder.   
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter