KaiSoo, PG

Bits of Exo

;762 words
A/N: Just Kyungsoo trying to wake Jongin up. Fluff, kind of? (:


 

Jongin doesn't like waking up early. 

This, unfortunately, makes being an idol a big inconvenience. 

Jongin doesn't know how he's managed to live through waking up almost everyday in the wee hours of the morning for practices and schedules; doesn't know how he hasn't snapped, needing to get up despite having as little as three hours of sleep a day. It's all part of the job, he knows that, and he's anticipated it all from his trainee years, been warned that this was only a measly bit of the obstacles to come, that he should make it a habit to keep a positive mind, and that after a while it'll be something he'll get used to. 

But he really, really doesn't like waking up early.

Jongin hence tries to prolong sleep time for as long as he can. Every minute counts. He'll wait until manager-hyung comes into the room to drag him out of bed, which is usually when everyone else is almost done getting ready. It's starting to become a routine, so it ticks him off more than a little when one morning Kyungsoo decides to wake him up before their manager does.

"Jongin."

Jongin seems completely knocked out, limbs spread out unceremoniously, jaw slack, and Kyungsoo thinks he looks pretty disastrous. Kyungsoo calls him again and prods his stomach this time. The lifeless form does some sort of wriggle and mumbles something, and Kyungsoo's pretty sure he's swearing. 

"Wake up, Jongin. We're gonna be late." Kyungsoo sits at the foot of the younger's bed this time, shaking him by an ankle, but the only response is a kick that hits Kyungsoo on the thigh rather painfully and a loud grumble that has him squinting his eyes at the brat. In his impatience, Kyungsoo crawls forward until he's face-to-face with Jongin, and he looms for a while, hoping to get a reaction. He huffs in frustration when he doesn't.

He grabs Jongin's shoulders this time and tugs. The younger emits some kind of whale noise that has Kyungsoo raising an eyebrow. He heaves Jongin all the way until he's sitting up, head hanging and body swaying back and forth like he's going to topple over any minute. Kyungsoo holds him there by his arms and peers at him wearily. 

"Kim Jongin." 

The younger finally opens his eyes and glares at the latter. Kyungsoo's own eyes go wide and he grins, triumphant. He's finally managed to wake the dead. He lets go of Jongin's arms, thinking finally.

His grins falls short however, when he realises Jongin's tipping over. He lets out a squeak, but by then it's too late and Jongin collapses right on top of Kyungsoo, effectively pinning him down and knocking the breath out of him. 

"J-Jongin." he chokes, batting at his shoulders, trying to push him off. Jongin doesn't budge, but instead wraps his arms around Kyungsoo's waist and pulls him closer.

"Two minutes." Jongin mutters into Kyungsoo's neck, voice deep and hoarse, and it has Kyungsoo flushing. He stares at the ceiling, words stuck in his throat as his focus strays to the little puffs of air that ghosts his neck everytime Jongin exhales.

Jongin shifts, and Kyungsoo gulps as he feels a pair of lips graze his jaw.

Their little moment is interrupted when the door crashes open and the booming voice of their manager fills the room. "Kim Jongin, I'm giving you five minutes to--Kyungsoo?" their manager looks at the boys in confusion. "What are you two doing?" Kyungsoo tilts his head and just stares at him in horror.

Their manager doesn't wait for an explanation. He just shakes his head and taps his watch. "Five minutes." he informs, before walking out of the room to gather the rest of the members.

Kyungsoo finally feels the weight on his chest disappear, and he looks up to find Jongin staring down at him. He stares back, waiting for Jongin to say something, and he wonders if Jongin is waiting for something too. But Jongin's gaze is piercing, even when his eyes are sleep-swollen, and Kyungsoo squirms under him in discomfort.

Then Jongin is leaning down, and Kyungsoo's breath hitches as he feels the latter's lips on his. Kyungsoo lets out a tiny whimper, surprised. Jongin's lips are soft and plump, but they don't stay for long, and Kyungsoo actually feels disappointed.

There's a sleepy smirk on his face when Jongin pulls away. He runs a hand through his dishevelled hair and Kyungsoo is doe-eyed as he watches Jongin slip out of bed and head to the bathroom.