Please.

It hurts.

 

“YAH! GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!” you heard a slam and yelling from downstairs. You crept out of your room and rushed down. A cushion suddenly hit you directly in the face and it made you fall on your back, head and elbow in contact with the edges of the stairs.

“I SAID THIS INSTANT. CAN YOU DO A SINGLE THING PROPERLY?” he yelled again. You regained your composure and quickly got down the stairs, head down. He charged towards you and spoke. You caught alcohol in his breath but you didn’t dare to move. “Look at me when I’m talking to you,” he nudged your head upwards to make your eyes in contact with his. His gaze turned fiery red and you knew what was coming.

Please, not again.

“Useless .” One slap across your cheek.

“Cheating on me, huh?” Another one across.

You just whimpered silently. He picked you up by the shoulders and slammed you onto the wall. “Tired of me so fast? WHO THE WAS THAT GUY, HUH?” he questioned as his gaze got more intense and intense.

What’s wrong with you?

Seeing him punch the wall and leaving a dent made you worried what would happen if he did that to you. He dropped you and kicked your shin multiple times. He bent down and demanded an answer.

“I didn’t flirt with him, I-I just responded to him-“ ”DIDN’T FLIRT WITH HIM? Fine okay. Why didn’t you pick up the damn phone?” His gaze burned into you. You moved back, trying to get away as possible.

“What’s with the silence? Is your mouth failing to work?” he swung his arms backwards, hitting and breaking the flower vase on the counter to millions of tiny pieces. You cringed but kept moving. He picked up a broken piece and swiftly moved towards you.

“See this? Another one for you. Don’t think I won’t do anything worse.” He took the piece and pierced it through your thighs, dragging it. He pulled out the piece and you winced. Blood dripped down from the tip of the glass and down your leg.

He threw the blood-stained piece on the ground and left the house, slamming the door behind him. Crying wouldn’t solve your wounded leg, so you dragged yourself all the way to the bathroom where the first-aid kit was. The blood didn’t stop flowing out of the wound.

You struggled with wrapping your wound while suppressing your screams with a towel. You had it. Continuously for a year the torture went, 2 years of being under the same roof worsened your relationship. Nothing brought back those happy days. You packed all your belongings and stuffed it in your suitcase. You had only one place on your mind.

“Miss! Miss, please don’t do this. Mr Bang will kill me,” the security guard begged you as he held onto your luggage. Yongguk had the security to keep their eye on you and only let you exit the house once a week. Yes, he kept you in the house all the time. Possessive? Yes. Overprotective? Yes.

“Let go of me, I’m sick and tired of going through this every day. Please, let me go. You know what I’ve went through. I don’t want to go through it again. Please,” you begged him. You hadn’t bothered to change, you were in your shorts and sweater with a large jacket over. The scars on your legs were visible. Limping, you got yourself a taxi and left.

“Mr Bang. She went away…. I apologise deeply….. No, she didn’t tell the driver where she wanted to go until she closed the door… Right away sir.”

“Ahjusshi. Seogyo-dong.*”

“Are you okay there?” the taxi driver spoke to you. You remained silent. You doubted whether what you did was right, but it was too late to what’s done. You were still crying.

Back when you first got together him, he was so caring and delicate with you. You thought you made a great decision to move in with it. Thought he was going to treat you the same. No. Gradually, he changed. He became a monster. You were embarrassed of yourself whenever you see your neighbours. They constantly pitied you but their pity could bring you nowhere for you had no shelter or protection. You had them to entertain you the days you weren’t able to go out and you were grateful for that. But even with them around, you don’t want to return to that place. Never.

You kept crying non-stop, feeling sorry for yourself. The driver offered his tissue box to you. He couldn’t think of anything else to do so he sped up to your destination. You were still sobbing  he reached there.

Baekhyun shuffled to the door, ruffling his head as he thought why someone came late in the night. He checked the screen and was taken aback by what he saw. He rushed towards the door and opened it.

“Miyoung-ah, why are you here? What’s wrong? What happened?” Baekhyun grabbed your hands and scrutinized you. He brought you in and took your bags to a room. Tears rolled down, one after another. You just let it all out, didn’t want to hold back. You were in the most uncomfortable position, none of that mattered.

Baekhyun rushed out and immediately dawned on him. He took you by the shoulders and pulled you in for a hug. He caressed the crown of your head and held onto you tightly. He sighed, wondering how much his best friend had already went through. At this state, silence was the best.

“I’m sorry. I just can’t stop.” You mumbled in between sobs.

“No, it’s okay. Just let it all out.” Baekhyun consoled you. He brought you over to his sofa and made you sit there. You kept remembering the past, no control of when to stop whatsoever. Yongguk made an impact in your life. Physically and mentally. He scarred you from falling in love again, for you now have no trust in anyone except for your family and Baekhyun. But then again, you too had doubts about him.

He went out of the room with a blanket in his hands. You stopped crying but you didn’t dare to put your head up. You hugged your legs close to you and put your head down. He wrapped the blanket around you and sat beside you.

“Miyoung what happened? It’s not every day that I see you and now you’re breaking into pieces, what’s wrong?” he asked you. You kept your silence. You being here was a burden for him, you didn’t want to make him worry more by telling him what you went through.

“You must have fallen asleep. Hope you’re still as light as before.” He grabbed your legs and scooped you up. Baekhyun saw the wrapped wound but he didn’t ask a word about it. He put you into bed and turned off the lights.

You couldn’t sleep even after forcing yourself to. Every time you close your eyes, the image of Yongguk would appear and begin to torture you. Even if you managed to fall asleep, you would be jolting up a few minutes later.

You knocked on his door, half wishing that he was sound asleep, and another half wishing he was still wide awake. The door creaked open and you found him lying on the edge of his bed.

“B-baekhyun, are you still awake?” your voice croaked. He sat up and faced you.

“Can’t sleep?” he patted the space next to him.

“I was wondering whether I should leave. I’m adding more burden to you.” you asked, still standing at the door.

He shook his head, “Sit here. You’re no burden. Come on, do you want to talk about it?”

You hesitated for awhile before following him. “I finally left him. I should be happy but I don’t know. Are you sure you’re not burdened by this?” you stared at your palms.

“You should but it’s no immediate effect. It takes time to heal those wounds. Time for you get yourself back on track. I’m going to be supporting you. Is this why you always cover up when you see me?”

“Don’t tell anyone I’m here. Not my mum, my dad. Definitely not anyone in Yongguk’s knowledge. I don’t want to go back. Please.”

“I won’t let my best friend go through that again. Now, rest. I’ll take care of this,” he tucked you in.

But I don’t think I want to go through another day.

 



Hello there, subscribers! I'm making this a two shot. Is that okay? Oh and,

 

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3<3 Happy holidays~