Letting Go

Goodbye

Giving a sad smile, you let out a lengthy sigh. Looking toward the darkening sigh, you turned to face the person standing next to you. 

Kim Sunngyu. 

Seeing the sad smile on his face broke your heart, just like how the sad smile on yours broke his. You both knew the feeling was mutual, but none could really comprehend what was happening. 

He was leaving and he didn't know when he was coming back. 

Wiping your eyes, you looked away from him. Hurting to see you cry, he stepped closer and wiped the hot tears. Closing your eyes you wished you could live in the moment. His finger tips brushing against your cheek. The love you felt emitting from him to you. 

"Don't do that." 

"Do what. " He managed to choke out. His own tears threatening to fall. 

"Love me. It makes me want to beg you not to leave me."

Of course you wanted to be selfish. Of course you wanted him to stay. Why would you want him to leave your side? But you knew you couldn't do that. You wanted what was best for him. 

You wanted him to be happy. 

"I love you so much." He mumbled, entangling his fingers in your hair, pulling you flush against his body. 

Unable to hold back the tears, you let them fall. Grabbing into him for dear life, you buried your face into his chest. Feeling his heart clench, he started to silently cry. 

After a couple moments of holding eachother. You let him go. Smiling, you wiped the tears off of his face. 

"Be happy okay? Live out your dream. Find someone good enough to love you. Don't hold back." Choking on your words, you took a deep breath. 

"Most importantly, forget me. Okay?" 

With more tears pouring down his face, he bit his lip. Unable to reply he nodded his head. For one last time he kissed your forehead. For one last time he kissed your lips. 

"I love you." You whispered before pushing him away.  

Taking a step back he looked at you. 

"Smile." He said. "I want to remember you the same way I met you. Happy and smiling." 

Nodding, you smiled. A genuine smile. One that wasn't broken. Finally, he turned away from you. Watching his retreating figure walk away you broke down once again. 

He was really gone. You were probably never going to see him again. A part of you wanted to run after him and tell him to stay, but you couldn't do that to him. 

"Goodbye my almost lover." You mumbled before turning around and going your separate way.  

Letting someone you love go is hard, but sometimes it's for the better.