O1

Dear My Friend

 

In the U-Kiss van, Kiseop sat next to Hoon. They were on their way back from a long and tiring practice. Hoon had fallen asleep and was gently breathing. The atmosphere was almost jagged due to over-working and bad moods. Kiseop could sense some unnatural tension between the members as he looked out the window and watched the nightlife of Seoul pass by.
 
A few times, he'd glance at Hoon to make sure the younger was still breathing. Kiseop worried about Hoon sometimes to the point where he couldn't think until he knew Hoon was okay. It was a burden, but he managed it well.
 
The van sat in an uncomfortable silence until they reached the dorm. Kiseop reached over a finger to tap Hoon on the shoulder and inform him that they had arrived home. Hoon's eyes fluttered open and a smile instantly appeared on his face when he saw Kiseop.
 
"We're here, Hoonie." Kiseop smiled gently and made his way out of the van with Hoon following him.
 
"Well, that was awkward." Eli said after they entered the dorm.
 
"Yeah, it was. I think we all just need some rest..." Soohyun agreed.
 
"What's happening to us? We're acting so different around each other so suddenly." Kevin pointed out and all of the members stopped to think about it.
 
"Do you think... nevermind." Soohyun shook his head and disappeared into the bathroom to wash up.
 
"I think... I think we're losing it, you guys. I think we're becoming less and less close by the day." Kevin replied with a sorrowful look painted across his face.
 
Hoon sighed and Kiseop glanced towards him. His face projected an emotion that Kiseop knew all too well from himself and the other members.
 
"Let's just go to bed." Hoon said and walked towards his room. Kiseop grinded his teeth in frustration, contemplating whether or not he should talk to Hoon about what was on his mind. In a split second decision, he fast-walked to Hoon's room and shut the door.
 
"Hoon." Kiseop said. Hoon turned around with a surpised look playing in his eyes.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Is there something wrong? You seem upset about something." Kiseop sat down in a chair and turned his expression towards the carpet, "I'm curious."
 
Hoon's look of surprise stayed for a moment then turned into confusion, "I don't know what you're talking about."
 
"Well, we worked really hard today. You seemed a little out of it when we were practicing. Also, you seemed upset when Kevin said... you know." Kiseop sighed. He didn't want to bring anymore pain to his friend by bringing up something that none of them wanted to talk about.  He just felt like he had to.
 
"Oh." Hoon replied and glanced at the ground, "It is kind of sad to think about. I don't want us to grow distant. This group means so much to me that the thought of us becoming less close really scares me."
 
Kiseop froze. He understood now. It was exactly how everyone felt, it wasn't just Hoon. Everyone was afraid of growing distant.
 
"I always had a dream that we'd be so close with each other to the point where we'd become inseperable. I care about everyone in this group so much that I... I just wish I could fix it." Hoon continued.
 
The feeling in the room was hard to pinpoint. Kiseop felt relieved that he finally knew what was on Hoon's mind, yet he felt upset that he didn't exactly have a way to resolve the problem.
 
"I have that dream, too." Kiseop got up and stood in front of Hoon, "I've had a lot of dreams. Three of them really matter to me. One was to be in a group, to be an artist. After failing so many times, I finally made it. The second is for this group to be closer. The third would be for you and me to be closer."
 
Hoon looked into Kiseop's eyes and smiled a little bit.
 
"I think that if we take it one step at a time, this group will be the closest. But we have to start with each other." Kiseop continued and returned the smile.
 
"I think you're right." Hoon said as is gaze dropped to the ground. Before he knew it, Kiseop lifted his chin up and kissed him softly on the lips.
 
"I think I'm right, too." Kiseop smiled. Hoon smiled back and hugged Kiseop.
 
"We'll be the closest." Hoon said.
 
"Yeah, we will." Kiseop replied and held Hoon tighter.

 

A/N: omg /bricked/ i know it's soooo short but I'm planning on writing another one like rn so keep stalking the Hoonseop tag if you want, I'll be mass-producing these things!