Chapter 7

My English Teacher (Hiatus)
Tiffany's POV

I woke up from my deep sleep without hearing my alarm. I tried to get up but my head was hurting so much. I clutched my head and rolled around. It must be the hangover. While I was rolling around, I fell onto the ground. That's strange, when did my bed get so small?

I stood up and tried to balance myself. Huh? This doesn't look like my bedroom. I looked around. Isn't this the...

"Hwang Miyoung! What are you doing in the living room at 9am? Shouldn't you be at school?" My dad yelled at me.

"Dad I'm sick." I lied.

"You don't look sick to me! What time did you come back last night?" He questioned me.

I fiddled with my fingers. When does dad go to sleep? "Um... I don't know." I told him.

"Why not?" He glared at me. "Were you so drunk that you don't remember anything?"

"No dad! I didn't look at the time. I was just tired so I came home and slept on the couch." I lied again.

"Well you smell of alcohol." He blocked his nose. "Go and shower. I'm going to work now. When I come back, I want to see dinner served. Your mum is out all day until dinner as well so it will only be you." He told me and left.

I went to shower quickly because I really did stink. After I got out of the shower, I went onto the computer and looked at some recipes. Mum and Dad really likes fried pancakes. But that wouldn't be a good dinner. What else do they like? Cheese broccoli? Ewww... Hmm, how about pizza? Yummy! But no.

I decided to text my friends. I texted Jessica, Sunny, Sooyoung and Yoona. 'What should I make for dinner? It's for my parents.'

I received a reply in less than a second.

'Where have you been? I've been in school for an hour and I am bored to death!!!!'

From Jessica

'Oh and Miss Kim said that you should make some lasagne. Every adult loves it.'

From Jessica

Jessica and Miss Kim are talking to each other? I wonder what about... Probably just how much they love each other. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist. Stupid people.

'Lasagne.'

From Sunny, Sooyoung and Yoona. Ok, lasagne it is! Now I just need to know how to make it...

I searched for the recipe and how to make it. I made many batches but all of them failed. Very badly.

It was already 6pm. Mum and Dad will be back in an hour. I sighed. What can I do? I stared at my phone and scrolled through the contacts. Jessica cooking = Fire!! Run run! Sunny cooking = Yuck yuck! Sooyoung cooking = What are you making? Yoona cooking = Nice house you made there you kid.

I sighed again. What should I do? What about Taeyeon? She's an adult, she should be able to cook. I quickly texted her to come over.

10 Minutes later

Ding Dong~ I ran to the door and opened it quickly. "Hey Tif-" She began.

"Hurry up and come in." I interrupted her and dragged her into my house. I closed the door and pushed her to the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" She wondered.

"Can you make lasagne?" I asked brightly.

"Of course." She smiled. I did a little fist pump.

"Yes! Can you finish making the lasagne by 7 oclock?" I asked her.

"I could try..." She mumbled.

"Ok good. Hurry!" I forced her to make it and she started to make it. I stood there, watching her and jotting down notes so I could make it next time.

After 50 minutes, she took the lasagne out of the oven and set it on the table. "Ok I'll set the table!" I yelled and got all the cutlery. I put it on the table and put the lasagne in the middle. "It looks a bit plain..." I muttered to myelf. There was only one dish that we could all eat.

"I prepared a starter and another dish." Taeyeon came over and put some fried pancakes on a plate in front of the chairs. "There is some cheese broccoli too." She put the dish next to the lasagne. "I haven't tasted the dishes so I don't know if it is nice." She looked down and drew circles on the floor with her feet. I smiled at how caring and cute she was.

"It's fine. I don't think they expect much from me anyway." I told her honestly and we both giggled. "Thanks for your help. But, how did you know that my parents like fried pancakes and cheese broccoli?" I wondered.

"Jessica told me." She said. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I have never felt this before. Am I jealous?

"Oh." I forced a smile.

There was an awkward silence for a few moments. It was already 7:10pm but my parents weren't back yet. I watched the clock as it ticked. "Tiffany..." I heard Taeyeon whisper. I looked over at her with a questioning look. "Do you... Remember what happened yesterday?" She asked. I stared at her. She seemed really embarrassed and shy all of a sudden.

"What happened yesterday?" I asked her and myself.

"Um.. You-" She was about to speak but the door shot open and my parents walked in.

"Mum! Dad!" I screeched happily and jumped over to them. Once I reached them, I immediately hugged them.

"Hoho, what do we have here?" Dad stared at the dinner table, his eyes glittering.

"Me and Taeyeon prepared dinner for you." I smiled happily.

"Taeyeon?" Mum and Dad questioned simultaneously.

"Oh. Mum, dad this is Taeyeon. Taeyeon these are my parents." I introduced. They both looked at Taeyeon and she did a 90° bow.

"Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Hwang." She shook their hands. "I will take my leave now, it was nice meeting you." She bowed once more and left.

"Oh, is she your new friend? I've never seen her before." Dad pointed out.

"Yes we met not too long ago." I told him.

"Is she your age? She looks a lot younger than you Stephanie, how did you meet her?" Mum wondered which made me chuckle.

"She's my English Teacher. She's 22." I laughed. Both of their jaws dropped.

"She's... 22?" Mum was shocked at her age.

"And.. Sh-she's your E-English teacher?" Dad stuttered. I nodded. "Miyoung ah, you can't make friends with a teacher."

"Yes, there will be a lot of consequences." Mum warned me.

"It's fine. We're just friends and she doesn't treat me better than everyone else." I assured them. "Let's eat." I happily sat down.

While we were eating, I kept seeing Dad staring at me. "Dad..." I sighed. "What's wrong?"

"Miyoung, do you really not remember how you got home last night?" Dad asked worriedly. I shook my head innocently. "Really?" He made sure and I nodded.

"Are you sure she doesn't treat you better than others?" Mum's voice was shaking.

"She really doesn't! What's wrong?" I exploded. Mum and Dad moved back in shock.

"Nothing's wrong. Just eat Stephanie." Mum told me to eat and they began to eat without looking up. I saw them give each other secret glances but that was it.

Hang on, Taeyeon asked me something similar earlier. 'Do you... Remember what happened yesterday?' Those words echoed in my head. Something must've happened last night. My head began to ache. Dammit Tiffany why did you drink so much? I scolded myself.

Then I realised. Everything came back to me. Me being jealous over Taeyeon and Jessica. Me getting drunk. Taeyeon taking me home. Looking for the key. And I...

I touched my lip but I quickly pulled away. I kissed Taeyeon. My English Teacher.