The Race

ZE:A'S FAN RACE

                You arrived at the park that was blocked off and reserved for the special fan event with ZE:A that you happened to have won the pass for. It was winter and there was less then an inch of snow on the ground. It was cold but you still wanted to dress up for them so you were wearing a skirt with a pair of winter tights underneath. You even wore your prettiest winter coat and hat. You were so flustered that you forgot your gloves. You had the pass around your neck and clung to it as you looked around in the crowd.

                They had told you that the first part of your mission for today was to find one of the hidden members in the crowd. They were also wearing winter stuff but had face masks and hats on to hide themselves. You started to scan the crowd and were very conscious of the people around you, because of the fact you wore a skirt today.

                You easily spotted the 6 foot tall Hyungsik. You sighed in relief and walked up to him. He was wearing a face mask and glasses and a hat. You pulled on his sleeve and he looked at you. You held up your pass and you saw his eyes smile. He grabbed your hand and led you over to the gate to the fence that was blocking off the public from the large park. The staff member let you two through and the fans started complaining until Hyungsik took off his hat, glasses and mask and waved at everyone, causing screams. You felt really short standing next to him.

                He still didn’t let go of your hand and led you over to the playground. He sat on one of the swings and smiled at you. “So you won the contest?” You nodded nervously. He grinned “Well today will be a lot of fun! Don’t be so nervous.” You smiled back and the rest of the group started to appear out of the crowd. Heecheol sighed when he reached the two of you. “How come you found him first?”

                Hyungsik smiled waiting for your answer. You laughed a bit awkwardly. “He was taller then everyone else.” Hyungsik almost fell off the swing as Heecheol and Minwoo laughed at him.

                Kwanghee suddenly appeared behind you and wrapped his arms around your hips and lifted you up so your feet weren’t touching the ground. You automatically reached down and held your skirt down in front of you. He laughed “She is so small!” Everyone had made it now and they were laughing at you being flustered. You had to admit that Kwanghee was very good at making people not nervous. The fans outside the fence were screaming.

                Suddenly the staff caught all of your attention. Kwanghee still hadn’t put you down yet. “Starting right now, you guys are all in a race.” Everyone was suddenly paying very close attention. “There is a marked course through the park. There are check point missions that have names on them and that member must finish that mission before you can continue. Whoever crosses the finish line with her first wins, you cannot win if she is not with you.” The members all stared at you as Kwanghee tightened his grip around you. They looked around the course and saw white tents that they assumed were the check points.

                Kwanghee laughed “Well I am very glad I picked you up then!!” You could hear the members talking amongst themselves. Some had the idea to find their mission first and then come and find you once they finish.  The staff told the members to get ready. Dongjun, Minwoo, Hyunsik, Taeheon, Junyoung and Siwan were all prepared to run and find their mission first.

                The staff yelled go and they all took off and followed the course to find their missions. Kwanghee started running while carrying you. You really wished that you could be facing him at least. Kwanghee started whining. “I should have picked you up the other way! If I put you down, they will steal you!” Kevin started running next to you and Kwanghee.

                He started taunting Kwanghee in English. You laughed, causing Kwanghee to get irritated. “YA!! Kevin!! You shut up right now or I will go to Australia and kill all your kangaroos!!”  Heecheol was running behind you and both him and Kevin had to stop running because they were laughing so hard. You were laughing as well. You couldn’t believe that Kwanghee just threatened Kangaroos.

                You guys reached the first check point and Kwanghee yelled when he saw his name was on this check point. He looked around in every direction and set you down but put his arms around you and reached and pulled the sheet of paper off of his mission. His mission was to do a wardrobe change in the tent. He groaned “Why is my mission first!!!” He pointed at you. “You stay here!” He ran into the tent and you could hear him yelling the whole time.

                Suddenly you heard Kwanghee scream no as Dongjun came running out of the other side of the tent and grinned and grabbed your hand and started running. You blushed as you felt the warmth of his hand. You no longer wished that you had brought your gloves. He looked back at you and suddenly stopped running and took off his puffy vest and hoodie. He reached down and tied his hoodie around your waist and put his vest back on. You looked at him worried “Won’t you get cold?” He smiled sweetly. “I’m not in a skirt. Now you can run without being embarrassed.”

                He grabbed your hand again and you guys ran past the next check point. Minwoo and Siwan each had to finish a puzzle game. They groaned as you guys ran past. Kevin and Heecheol caught up with you guys as you reached the next check point. Kevin was about to grab your hand but Dongjun turned and blocked him and pointed at the mission sign. It had both Heecheol and Kevin’s names on it. They sighed and started their missions.

                Dongjun looked back at you and smiled and squeezed your hand slightly. “Are you having fun?” You smiled and nodded. He slowed his pace down for you so you guys were jogging now instead of running. The next check point had Hyungsik and Taeheon doing push ups while answering trivia questions. Dongjun yelled at them “I’m going to win!!”

                You could hear the different members complaining from all different directions. The last check point had Junyoung and Dongjun’s name on it. Dongjun yelled towards one of the staff people as he stared at the page. “Why am I the only one with 2 check points!!?” The staff laughed. “Who ever would have her at this point has that mission.”

                He looked around for the other members and couldn’t see them, not even Junyoung who should be here. He held onto your hand tightly as he tore the page off. The mission said “Protect her from the other members and get to the finish line.” A staff member came up and whispered in your ear. “You are always free to run to a different member.” You laughed as Dongjun looked at you worried. “What did she say?”

                You smiled and squeezed his hand a bit. “Nothing.” He laughed and followed a staff member to a large tent, never letting go of your hand. The staff smiled “The members are all waiting in there to steal her from you in any way.” Dongjun pulled you closer and looked at the tent with an intense glare that you have seen him use in sports shows.

                The staff opened the tent and let you guys in and there were hiding spots every where. He decided that he wasn’t going to try and run. You both took a few steps into the tent when an alarm sound went off. He instinctively pulled you against him as the other members came out of hiding. You guys headed towards the finish line. The members surrounded you.

                Junyoung grabbed your other hand and managed to pull you out of Dongjun’s arms. Dongjun looked at you with a shocked expression. The members were now cutting him off from you. Dongjun was trying to climb over Taeheon and Hyungsik to get to you; the other members were now trying to get you away from the leader.

                You remembered what the staff whispered to you and you let go of Junyoung’s hand and ran to the outside of the group of boys. You smiled as Dongjun pushed Hyungsik and Taeheon apart and jumped over them to get to you first. He suddenly stood behind you and pulled you into a back hug. He glared at the other members. Kwanghee started laughing. “You look more like a boyfriend protecting his girlfriend instead of someone trying to win a race!”

                The youngest boy just laughed “You’re just jealous hyung!” Kwanghee pointed at him “Ya! I’m married! I can’t be jealous!”  Dongjun started slowly walking forwards with you while keeping his body around you like a shield and smacking their hands away. You couldn’t help but smile being surrounded by every member of ZE:A. Eventually everyone was only moving inches at a time.

                Suddenly an alarm went off. Everyone looked down at the ground and you guys had made it across the finish line. The other members groaned in defeat.  You were looking at the staff to see what you guys won.  Dongjun unexpectedly turned you around so you were facing him and gently bent down and kissed you on the cheek.

                The members saw and Kwanghee jokingly covered his eyes as everyone in unison went “OOOOOOOOOH!!!” Dongjun grinned at you. “Thank you for helping me win!” You just stared at him in shock and slightly turned red.

                The rest of ZE:A ran over and pulled Dongjun away and surrounded him. They were talking among themselves when a staff member came up to you and smiled. She handed you an envelope. “Your prize is this. You can choose any member to go on a private date with you.”

                The members heard that and Kwanghee sighed. “Even if I won, I couldn’t get the prize!” He pouted off to the side as the staff had the rest of the members line up, facing away from you. Kwanghee came and stood next to you. The staff member laughed and whispered into Kwanghee’s ear. He clapped his hands together. Kwanghee put his hand on your shoulder. “Alright, you get to choose three members to be the finalists. Then out of those three you will choose the one who will go on a date with you. You can’t say it out loud, just point.”

                You nodded and thought for a moment. You point at Heecheol first. Kwanghee was shocked “What!! Really!!” You laugh at him as the members try to turn around. “YA! She only chose one of you so far!” You point at Hyungsik and Kwanghee laughs. “Your last choice is?” You smile and point at Dongjun. Kwanghee sighed. “I should have known. Hyungsik, Dongjun and Heecheol. You three are her choices.”

                Heecheol looked around at everyone, stunned. Kevin and Siwan pointed at him. “Him??!” Kwanghee laughed and nodded. “The rest of you losers can move away.” You were preparing to point out the winner when Kwanghee grabbed your hand and put it down. “You don’t choose the winner yet! The three of you that she chose, you have to try to win her over with some sort of charm.”

                You blush and the members you didn’t choose laughed as Heecheol got obviously flustered. The other two just smiled. Kwanghee leaned down and whispered in your ear. “You have a good variety sense! Too bad this isn’t a televised event.” You laughed and nodded. You were glad it wasn’t televised or else you would be on many hit lists.

                Kwanghee pointed at Heecheol. “Heecheol! You go first!” He sighed and whispered into a staffs ear and they ran to turn on the music. F(X)’s NU ABO started playing and he started dancing to it. Everyone laughed and you covered your mouth, watching. Kwanghee stopped him right when he got into it. “Hyunsik! You’re next!”

                Hyunsik smiled and started singing I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys without any music. You blushed as the members all ooh and ahh at him. Just like before, Kwanghee cut him off. “Dongjun, your turn!”

                The maknae smiled and pointed at the staff to turn on the music. “It doesn’t matter what song, just a dance song.” The staff nodded and Animal by Jo Kwon. Dongjun started dancing mixing y body movements with cute aegyo expressions.

                Your face went blank and you started blushing. Dongjun leaned back on one arm and started ing into the air with one arm over his lap. Kwanghee quickly covered your eyes. “YA!! That’s enough!!”

                The three you chose stood in line and Kwanghee fanned your face after seeing you were red. “Alright, now you can make your choice.” You already knew who you were going to choose but you paused for a bit, trying not to look so eager. You smiled and pointed at Dongjun. Everyone grinned and clapped. You looked at everyone confused. They were all motioning for the maknae to do something.

                Kwanghee suddenly pushed you forwards. Dongjun walked up to you and grabbed your shoulders and kissed you gently on the lips, smiling.