Forty seven

Twisted Fate

A/N: We're double updating today :)))

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ladidadida,” Luhan hummed as he placed some food into a basket. *Hmm, tuna sandwich for Yeomin, salmon sushi for me, fairy bread, ice cream, fried rice, crackers… what else…* He tapped his chin and looked through the pantry. “What else does Yeomin like- Argh!” he pulled his head out of the pantry. “The dukbokki!” he shouted and opened the microwave. He pulled out the green container and patted it. *Oh I nearly forgot this, Yeomin loves dukbokki.* He put it into the basket and dusts his hands in satisfaction.

- And maybe it’s true that I’m caught up on you~ Maybe there’s a chance that you’re stuck on me too~-

Luhan ran into the living room and picked up his phone. His face lit up when he saw Yeomin’s name. “Hello~” he chimed.

Yeomin chuckled at his sweetness. “Hey, I’m here. Come out.”

“Yes mam!” Luhan saluted even though she couldn’t see. He put his phone into his pocket, grabbed the basket and left the house.

“Anneyonghaseyo!” he bowed at Yeomin’s butler.

Butler Jang smiled and bowed back. Yeomin opened the door from the back and Luhan hopped in beside her. “Where are we going?” Yeomin asked.

Luhan ruffled his hair and grinned. “Hangang park!”

Yeomin smiled and turned to butler Jang. “Ahjusshi, can you please take us to Hangang park?”

“Sure thing, Agasshi,” Butler Jang nodded with a soft smile. He had taken Yeomin to this house a few times and finally realised what made her so happy about coming here.

“Agasshi?” Luhan blinked.

“Yeomin is fine, ahjusshi. You don’t have to worry about Luhan,” Yeomin blushed.

“If that’s what you what, Yeomin,” Butler Jang chuckled.

“Woah, so pretty,” Yeomin awed as Luhan led her to an empty spot on the grass.

Luhan smiled seeing his girlfriend smile. Honestly, he had planned for them to go see a movie and spend some time at the arcade but seeing her so upset recently, he decided that a calm picnic will help her relax a bit.

“Come on,” he sat her down on the cloth he laid out and took out all the food from the basket.

Yeomin’s eyes widened when she realised that they were all her favourite food. “Luhan…”

“Ta-da~” Luhan beamed. “I knew you didn’t like salmon so I made tuna instead. You like tuna right?”

Yeomin nodded, touched. She could bet that Luhan knew her better than her own parents.

“Ahh, I also have your favourite food,” Luhan grinned. “Wallah~” he pulled out the box of dukbokki that her made last night.

Yeomin broke out into a grin seeing her favourite food. Luhan chuckled and opened the box. He stabbed one with a toothpick and held it up. “Ahh.”

Yeomin opened and bit onto the dukbokki. The sweet chilli taste melted in and she closed her eyes. “Maa,” she gave Luhan two thumbs up.

Luhan laughed, pleased with her reaction. “You better like it, I didn’t stay up until two to make this for no reason.”

Yeomin looked up at him with her round eyes. Guilt washed over her. “Oh really? Oh my gosh I’m so sorry, you should’ve told me! I would have cooked-”

“You cook?” Luhan raised an eyebrow.

“… Asked the maids to cook some food,” Yeomin corrected herself, meekly smiling.

Luhan tittered and pinched her cheeks. “I’m just kidding! Your food could taste like the ocean and I’ll still finish it all,” he announced proudly.

Yeomin shook her head at his sweet talking. She picked up a piece of sushi and shoved it into his mouth.

He gave her a dumb grin and chomped on the sushi.

As they were happily eating, a boy ran past and dropped his wallet on the floor. Luhan stood up and went over to pick it up. “Oh, he dropped this.”

“What?” Yeomin came over. “Oh no.”

“Let’s keep it,” Luhan joked, wiggling his eyebrows mischievously.

Yeomin frowned and shook her head. “We need to give it back. Come on.” She took the wallet off his hand and went after the boy. Luhan chuckled and ran after her. “Excuse me!” Yeomin shouted when she caught up to the boy, who turned around and pulled off his headphone. “You dropped this before.” She held up his wallet.

“Oh,” the boy flashed Yeomin a charming smile, which made Luhan scowl. He grabbed the wallet from her, letting their hands graze and put it into his pocket. “Thanks, I guess,” he meekly said and rubbed his blonde hair. “I’m glad someone pretty like you was able to pick it up though.”

Yeomin turned into a shade of pink, making Luhan fume. “Ahem,” he harrumphed.

The boy turned his attention to Luhan. “Oh, are you her brother?”

Yeomin bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. Steam literally flew out of Luhan’s ear. He interlocked his finger with Yeomin’s and lifted his chin up proudly. “No, I am her boyfriend.”

The boy’s expression changed. “Oh, okay then.” He put his headphones back on and walked off after saying goodbye.

“Luhan!” Yeomin squealed as he pulled her back to their picnic area. He sat her down and grumpily sat down next to her.

“I knew we should have kept the stupid wallet,” Luhan muttered and bit onto a piece of fairy bread.

 A small hinged up on Yeomin’s lips as she wiggled closer to her boyfriend. “Luhan…”

“Yeah?”

“Are you… mad?”

“No.”

“Then are you jealous?”

“… No.”

“Oh okay then, because I think that boy is coming back here.”

“WHAT?!” Luhan roared and turned around quickly. He looked around and scowled when he saw no sign of the boy. “Yah Park Yeomin, how can you-” he turned back but was greeted with a giggling Yeomin. Immediately, all his anger vanished and he softened at the sight of her. It had been so long since he had heard her laugh and hearing it now made him feel happy.

“You don’t need to be jealous over something like that,” Yeomin chided. “I was just giving him back his wallet. Imagine what would have happened if we didn’t, he would have to go through so many processes to get all his cards and things back. The wallet belongs to him so it should be returned to him.”

Luhan softened and gathered her into a hug. Yeomin’s heart warmed up at his touch. For some reason, being so close to him like this made her so ashamed of herself, she knew it wasn’t the truth but it felt like she was cheating on her boyfriend with her fiancé. Luhan had been more than nice to her and she didn’t even want to think about his reaction when he found out that she had been lying to him all this time. The feeling of betrayal, broken trust…damaged relationships… she didn’t want to experience any of those with Luhan. He was such a pure soul, and she didn’t want to be the one that breaks him. No one had ever hurt him before, so who was she to do that?

“You know Yeomin, sometimes I think that you’re the last honest person on Earth,” Luhan says as he sways her side to side.

Hearing his words made Yeomin feel like a thousand daggers had been stabbed into her body. For the first time in her life, she felt unworthy to be with around sometime. It was so unfair, out of all the relationships out there, why did hers have to be the unsupported one? And out of all the couples out there, why did fate have to entangle them up with Kris and Eun Mi? What have they done so wrong that they had to pay the price of having such terrible lives? They were always saying that they’ll figure something out but even Kris didn’t know what to do.

Unconsciously, a tear slipped down her cheek, Luhan looked down at her and his expression immediately changed. “Yeomin-ah, are you okay?!” he asked.

Yeomin sniffled and dropped her gaze to the ground. “I’m sorry, Luhan. I’m so so so sorry.”

Luhan’s heart felt heavy seeing her down. “Silly girl, why are you sorry for?” She didn’t reply and he chuckled. “Listen, you never have to be sorry because I know you. You’ll never hurt someone deliberately so even if you mess up I will forgive you, okay?”

Yeomin stayed silent but nodded.

Luhan bought her closer and she snuggled into his chest. “Hey, why do you go to bed?” Luhan asked after a while.

Yeomin looked up at him. “Why?”

He grinned and kissed her nose. “Because the bed won’t go to you.”

Yeomin shook her head and smiled.

Luhan shivered. “God, you look so cute when you cry,” he commented and leaned down and closed the gap between their lips.