Chapter 1: Meeting Such Good Friends!

Fated to Love You

Chapter 1: Meeting Such Good Friends!

 

Joanne's POV

 

"Welcome to your new apartment!", the owner of the building said. 

Finally! I'm on my own now. No maids, no guards, only me. Wahhh~ the smell of freedom!

"Thank you!", I uttered. 

All my things are already send inside my new apartment. Everything was set up except for my dinner. Aisshhh...I didn't learn how to cook,
how am I going to eat then?

"Good thing I bought ramyun!", I mumbled by myself. I like ramyun so much but I can't always eat it because all the foods prepared for me are all 'deluxe foods', that means, 'expensive and rare', but really, ramyun tastes better. And honestly, ramyun is the only dish I'm confident to cook.

While waiting for my ramyun to get cooked, the door bell of my apartment suddenly rang.

"Who could it be? Don't tell me it's Mom!", I said. Mom is going to get it from me if she came here. I told her I'll just visit her, I don't want to reveal my identity yet.

I opened the door and saw a....well...ahhmmm...a very cute and handsome man.

"Annyeonghaseyo~", I greeted. Somehow I couldn't take my eyes off him, he's really cute!

"Annyeonghaseyo~ Are you the new resident here?", he asked.

"Ne!", I replied.

"It's nice to meet you! Mrs. Kang (building owner) just asked me to give you this home-made kimchi.", he uttered and handed me the kimchi.

"Oh~Thank you!", I said. Wahhh~ I didn't know there are such kind people here.

"Well, I'll go ahead now.", the cute guy muttered.

"Thanks again...and may I know your name?", I asked, I can't possibly just let this past, he is such a good guy, maybe he could be my friend.

"Oh~ Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sungmin, Lee Sungmin.", he replied. 

"Nice to meet you! I'm Kim Joanne.", I said.

I guess I found a new friend. Now, I'm really excited to meet other people at school tomorrow.

"Nice to meet you too Joanne-shi!", he muttered and smiled.

"Are you staying in this building too?", I asked.

"Ne~ I'm at the upper floor.", he said. I'm living at the second floor so that means he's living at the 3rd floor.

"Ahhh~", I just chuckled.

"I'll go ahead.", he said.

"Okay~", I replied.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm really getting so excited for tomorrow. I wanna meet new people. I just hope no one will recognize me there.

"Geezzz...I'm feeling uncomfortable.", I mumbled with myself. I really find it hard to sleep nor get comfortable if I'm at a new place. I have to adjust to it
for a few days.

Aissshhh...I can't sleep! I need to talk to someone. Should I call Belle??..but I'm worried that if I call her, she won't stop talking. Aisshhh...chinja!! I guess I have to call her to kill my boredom.

"Yoboseyo?", you muttered after your best friend pick up her phone.

"Joanne??!!", she asked. I haven't called her for quite a long time now.

"Unnie!", I said. She is about 2 years older than me.

"DONGSAENG-AHHHH!!", she squealed so loud, I almost broke my ear drum. 

"Yah! don't scream!", I scolded her.

"Yah! how could you call your 'unnie' as 'yah'??!!" she mumbled. 

"Arraso~ I'm sorry.", I apologizes to her. I sometimes act so informally towards her, maybe because we are just too close.

"So, what's the news??" she asked. She probably just wanna know some gossips.

"Nothing~", I said.

"Aisshhh...you're lame!", she replied, must be disappointed at what I said.

"How about you?", I asked.

"Same as usual, guys are drooling over me.", she uttered and laugh so hard. She's quiet arrogant and all but she really has a cool and good personality too. Come to think of it, she has the right to be arrogant and proud because she is really super pretty and y. If she didn't turned down the offer to become a model in a US magazine, she might have become very popular now.

"You didn't change a bit unnie!", I replied and laugh.

"What's there to change? I'm PERFECT!", she said.

"Yeah~ right!", I just agreed, it's hard to argue with her.

"Yah! Dongsaeng-ah! Did you find a cute boyfriend at your new school already?", she asked. She sounds so excited to hear my answer.

"Wae? Why do you want to know?", I asked.

"Do I need reason to ask you?", she just simple said. Geezzz....this unnie got really strong words.

"School starts tomorrow.", I replied.

"Oh~ but promise me you'll call me if you meet a cute guy, okay?", she told me.

"Arasso! I will!", I responded. Wait! Should I tell him about 'Sungmin' who I just met awhile ago?...Nahhh~ I'll just tell her next time.

"And by the way, before I forgot, I'm proud to tell you that my number of boyfriends have reach about 20.", she proudly informed me and laugh.

I just simply replied, "You are crazy unnie!".

"Wae??..I'm doing a good deed. Those guys are blessed enough to have me as their girlfriend, you know?", she reasoned out.

"Aisshhh...chinja! You are really crazy! I have to say good-bye now!", I said. I'm tired of listening to her stupid stories about guys...Aisshhhh... 

"Yah! Why hang up now? I still have lots to tell you.", she uttered.

"I have to go to school early tomorrow. I need to go to sleep now.", I said as an excuse. 

"Okay~ call me again tomorrow!", she reminded me.

"Arraso~ Bye!", I replied and hang up the phone immediately.

 

 

Sungmin's POV

 

Geezzz...I'm tired with our band practice. My arms are aching after playing the guitar for too long. Aisshhh!!..Chinja! 

"I'm hungry", I muttered and went to my kitchen to find some food but the only thing I can found was the home-made kimchi given by Mrs. Kang.

"Wahhh~ this taste good!", I mumbled after eating some kimchi.

Suddenly, I remembered that new resident in this building. She was really beautiful but she looks like a pretty rich girl...ahhmmm...but usually, rich girls don't live in an apartment, maybe I'm just thinking too much. 

"She might just be an ordinary and normal girl", I uttered.

The door bell suddenly rang and have woken me up from my thoughts.

"HYUNG!!!~", Ryeowook squealed and hug me after I open the door.

"Why are you here?", I asked in surprise. 

"It's your birthday, remember?", Heechul hyung reminded me. I think I was too busy in making a living that I even forgot my own birthday.

"Happy Birthday hyung!", Siwon greeted me with a smile. Aigoo~ they are such good friends.

"Where's Yesung hyung?", I asked since I couldn't see him.

"He said he can't come since Ddangkoma is sick.", Ryeowook reported. Ddangkoma is Yesung hyung's pet turtle. I don't even understand why he loves it so much when it is actually boring, it doesn't do anything at all.

"Oh~", I just chuckled.

"The turtle didn't show it's head for 2 hours and then he concluded that it was sick and even cried about it...weird guy!", Heechul hyung said and laugh, like he wasn't as weird as Yesung hyung too. I even remembered seeing him talking to his cat like a crazy person.

I let them into my apartment and Heechul hyung then directly went to the kitchen.

"Yah! Sungmin-ah! Where's the alcohol?", he asked.

"Hyung~ I told you already that I don't drink alcohol!", I said.

"Oh~ did you really mean that? I thought you were just fooling around. But honestly, a guy should know how to drink alcohol.", hyung muttered. 

"Alcohol's bad for your health hyung.", Ryeowook butted in.

"Yah! Why are you talking like an old man?", Heechul hyung uttered and laugh at Ryeowook, the magnae just pouted.

"Sungmin hyung, here's my gift for you.", Siwon then interrupted and handed a well-wrapped gift to me.

"Wahhh~ Thank you so much Siwon-ah. What is this?", I asked.

I heard Heechul laugh at my side and said, "Let me guess what it is."

"You know what it is?", I asked.

"I received something like that before and by the look of that shape, I know that it is...well...what do you call that...ahhh...Geezzz...I forgot.", hyung mumbled.

"It's a BIBLE hyung! A BIBLE!!", Ryeowook said.

"Oh~ right! That!! All of us received that kind of gift from Siwon already.", hyung muttered.

"Wae??What's wrong with my gift?", Siwon asked.

"Nothing! Komawo Siwon-ah!", I said. I am really grateful.

"Hyung, this is from me and Yesung hyung.", Ryewook muttered and gave me the gift.

"Thank you! What is it?", I asked.

"a pink shirt!", Ryewook gladly said. He really knows what I like. Though it sounds a little bit funny and weird for a guy but I really like the color pink.

"How about you hyung? Where's my gift?", I asked Heechul hyung.

He just smirked and said, "Look at me for 2 minutes."

"What does that got to do with the gift?", I asked.

"Yah! I'm giving you the chance to stare at my pretty face for about 2 minutes. You should feel honored, you know? I haven't given this chance to anyone.", he uttered. 

"Aigoo~ I'm tired with your face hyung!", I said and laugh.

"Well, the girls don't get tired of this.", he uttered and looked at his face in the mirror then showed a smirk.

"Hyung, did you drink alcohol before coming here?", I asked to .

"Ani~ that's normal for hyung!", Ryeowook answered.

"Yeah~ it's normal for him to always act like a drunk person!", Siwon said and we all laugh except Heechul hyung who was beaming at us.

Wahhh~ it was fun even when I don't have my family to celebrate my birthday with. I'm really happy to have meet such good friends.