Dancing

Dancing in the Rain

"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane."

 

"Come to me tonight, let's stay up all night together." I sang, making her laugh. She had had a lot of drinks that night and to say that she was tipsy was an understatement. We were currently in the park, and I, having drank quite a tad myself, was full-lung singing. "We're just dancing on the floor."

The drizzle suddenly became on full-rain-mode making raindrops fall on my face. Her dress got soaked in a matter of minutes, sticking to her body. On an impulse I went closer to her and grabbed her by the hand, twirling her around. "We're just dancing in the rain."

I stopped singing without even realizing. I was looking straight into her eyes that were the most beautiful color I had ever seen. Then I looked at her nose, that was small and just plainly cute. Her lips were the next thing in my sight, they were pink and plump and oh so kissable, oh how I wanted to kiss her, to hold her, to be with her...

Her giggling snapped me out of my daze. "What's so funny?" I asked her with a grin on my face.

"Oh, nothing! We're completely drunk and soaked, swaying in the middle of the park at midnight; you know, just the usual." She chuckled again and I couldn't help the big smile from creeping onto my face.

 

 

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

 
Far in the distance, I could see some people, I wished with my soul that they weren't murderes of thieves, but the closer they got the more I recognized those three guys who were, too, completely soaked.
"What are they doing?" Zelo asked. "They're going to get a cold."
"Hyung shouldn't be out so late on a weeknight, we have rehearsals tomorrow morning..." Jongup mustered.
"Jongup, we're also out on a weeknight..." Zelo told him, getting only and 'Oh, right' as a response.
As the two youngest member of B.A.P chit-chated I kept dancing, or 'swaying' as she called it, with her. Just enjoying the closeness and the warmth that her face nuzzled on the crook of my neck provided me, I felt like I was floating, like we were rising above the park, above everything that surrounded us, it felt like it was just us two and the rain, like it was only her, with her arms in my shoulders and her face on my neck, and me, with my hands on her waist, like there was nobody else, like there wasn't anything around us besides from the rain.
I opened my eyes, which I didn't realize I had closed, and caught a glimpse of Youngjae watching us with a smile on his face and a knowing look in his eyes. He turned to the other two and told them, "Let's head back to the dorm, kids. There's something Daehyun needs to do..."
I smiled at him and mouthed a thank you to which he nodded in reply while leading Jongup and Zelo away.
 
 
 

"She wanted to dance with someone who would embrace her the way she dreamed of since adolescence."

 
As we swayed I became aware that I was, in fact, holding her, embracing her, I felt her let out a content sigh against the skin of my neck that made me feel all warm inside and my heart flutter. I wanted to stay like this forever, I wanted to somehow make time stop so it would just her, me and the rain forever just swaying and holding each other and being so close to one another that we could feel each other's heartbeat; but in the back of my mind I knew that, sooner or later, this was going to end, and we would go back to just being friends.
"Daehyun..." ​Her voice was so sweet and soft, I felt like it was an angel calling my name. I responded with a faint "Yeah," not really trusting my voice at the moment. After a few seconds she spoke again, "Nevermind." She said.
"No, tell me," I insisted, "I want to know."
She hesitated for a moment before she began talking, "I don't know if it is because I'm drunk, or because of the rain, or because we're dancing...," She lifted her face from my neck and looked me in the eyes. "But I think I'm in love with you..."
My heart thumped like it wanted to get out of my chest, my stomach sort of jerked as if I had a million butterflies inside it and I felt as if fireworks were exploding inside my brain. I tried to say something, but my voice wasn't really cooperating, so I just stood there holding her, with her face an inch away from mine, I stood there with my mouth open like I had a mental problem, but when she shifted her gaze to the ground I moved my hand from the small of her back and lifted har face back to mine. For a second I hesitated, would it be too risky of me if I kissed her? But then I looked into her eyes, and saw the stars shining in them and I knew I wanted to look into those eyes for the rest of my life, I wanted to embrace her fragile frame and I wanted to be able to kiss her lips and call her mine, I wanted her to call me hers, I wanted to wake up to her beautiful face every morning and sleep next to her every night, I wanted to protect her, I wanted to pamper her, I wanted her to be happy,  I wanted to dance with her every time it rained, I wanted to feel her breath on my neck and her hands tracing patterns on my shoulders, I wanted to hold her close and whisper sweet nothings into her ear, but, above everything, I wanted her. Only her. So I leaned in and kissed her with all the love and passion I felt.
When we parted I said with a smile on my face, "That's good..., because I'm in love with you too."
 
 
 
“We danced too wild, and we sang too long, and we hugged too hard, and we kissed too sweet, and howled just as loud as we wanted to howl, because by now we were all old enough to know that what looks like crazy on an ordinary day looks a lot like love if you catch it in the moonlight.” 
― Pearl Cleage