Chapter 12 : To the rescue

The Vampire's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The angel is sitting alone on the couch while the owner of this apartment is cooking something for him. Jaejoong can only wait, he’s anxious to see what the inexperienced vampire has. Jaejoong doesn’t want to eat anything hard though now, its still thundering and raining, he’s not in the mood to eat anything fancy in this weather, moreover in the night. A click that their stove always make whenever they turn it on or off is heard, that means Yunho is done cooking whatever he’s cooking.  He came out with a green bowl in his right hand and a glass of milk in his left hand. He sighed before he brings them to the table in front of the couch where Jaejoong is sitting peacefully at.

“here”

“…what is this?”

“Food, isn’t that obvious?”

Yunho start to scoot father away from Jaejoong. Jaejoong first look at his avoiding husband before he took a look at the food, surprisingly it looked good, porridge, just what Jaejoong wants, something not hard. Yunho just made porridge that’s complete with greens and chicken . He stir it first with the spoon then took a sip. After that one full spoon, Jaejoong starts to dig in that simple dish. Heck this angel hasn’t eat for a day so, he’s starving. Yunho just shook his head with a sarcastic ‘psh’. Taking a pause to drink a bit of his milk cause he’s chocking.

“H-How do you know how to make food this good?”

“…I just do…”

Seeing Jaejoong fully healthy and have no illness anymore , Yunho stood up to go back to his room. Jaejoong just follows Yunho’s movement with his eyes, as soon as the door closed Jaejoong continues his attack to the delicious food in front. Inside the room, Yunho layed on his stomach on his comfy bed. He played with his pillow, thinking about someone. Karam, he taught him how to cook.

 

Flashback

 

13 years old Yunho is laying sick on bed. He who never really fall sick got a serious flu after he mourned for 3 days straight in front of his mother’s grave. Karam keep bringing drink to his master everyday when no one else in this household really cares about Yunho. Karam would do unnecessary chores in his master’s bedroom as an excuse to company him. And Yunho of course knows his personal butler’s real purpose but he’s too sad to care.

“… Master…”

“…”

“Would you like anything to chew on?...”

“Can’t you see Karam? I’m not in a condition to chew on anything”

“… Master, how about I make you some food? T-to heal your flu?”

“… go away Karam”

Karam didn’t took those words to heart, he pats his master’s leg before he went out to the kitchen.

 

“Master… I’m back with your food”

“… Karam, go away, how many times do I have to say?”

“… here Master its fresh, I cooked it myself”

“*sigh* I’m not hungry…”

Karam turn his ear deaf to Yunho excuses, he just took a spoonful and tries to feed Yunho. Karam knows no one else had ever done this to his master except for the master’s own mother. For some reason Karam was ready for a slap or a punch, but it didn’t happen, Yunho just open his mouth obediently and let his butler feeds him. This made Karam’s day bloom with flowers.

“isn’t it good master?”

“… pretty good”

“h-here master”

Karam gave his hand-made porridge to Yunho but Yunho refused to hold it.

“master?... why?”

“…K-Keep feeding me”

“… yes master”

Karam bites back his lips to stop those lips from turning into a pretty smile. He doesn’t need to though, Yunho knows his butler is going to smile anyways, but whatever suits him.

 

End of flashback

 

Crying silently to his pillow, this time he would’ve have Karam doing chores all around him and start random conversations. But now he’s just alone in this unfamiliar room. Yunho tugged the sheets in front of him, tears are going to run down his eyes, he won’t let that happen.

“Karam-ah….”

He mumbled to the raining sky, wishing something would bring his butler back. This 5 years kid in a mature’s man body is not ready to face the world yet. When he’s down and on the edge, that small butler of his would always come and stop him from falling. Suddenly, Yunho’s room door opened with a clack behind him, he heard it. The only person in this apartment is him and his wife so of course the one coming in is no other than his wife, he’s feeling so much sad, anger and hatred that he don’t know which one is his real feeling to show. Deciding that he can just ignore Jaejoong, Yunho pretend to be asleep. Jaejoong stood there with an empty bowl in his hand, he keep staring at Yunho seeing him having no reaction at all he’s sure the other is sleeping. He bowed 90 degrees still holding the bowl in his hand.

“gamsahamnida… Yunho-shii…”

He carefully said before he tiptoed back out. A little while after Jaejoong left, maybe a few seconds after, Yunho opened his eyes slowly then sighed. He hoped it was Karam that told him that.

“Karam-ah… I miss you…”

 

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

Saturday, no need to go to school, but its still early and Yunho’s already in the hunting grounds waiting for an opponent to come. Today this vampire wants to fight. Instead of getting an opponent , Yunho only gain spectators that’s filling the hunting grounds, 99% of the girls are obviously dreaming about him on their bed. The guys too maybe. Yunho is just wrapping bandages on his knuckles to get ready for a fight. That was Yunho’s plan until their battle teacher, Ricky, came. He studies around to see if any of them even have the slightest intention to fight Yunho. No one has that kind of feeling though. This can only come to one thing. Ricky went up to the monitor, he clicked the special button. Then sirens scream through the hunting grounds, everyone took their attention to the screen.

“Okay… well looks like our leader here wants to fight, but none seem to be … interested?”

They all almost laugh hearing ‘ineterested’ that word should have been changed with ‘brave enough’.

“Ehem! As I was saying… so how  about we make it a couple hunting? Sounds fun right Jung?”

He asked to Yunho who is safely inside the hunting grounds . No response from the vampire leader. That though can be considered as ‘fine’. Ricky coughed then continues his speech.

“so? Who would like to pair with Yunho?”

That moment everyone steps forward for the door, even the men. Well this is like a lifetime opportunity, you get to see Jung Yunho fight from upclose without getting killed, winning is like a law for you and who get to spend a few minutes with the handsome y beast that flows charisma like the niagra fall. Being the prettiest and most powerful woman in campus, Ara just wipes down people blocking her way with her strength, brute strength. Girls are falling and screaming here and there , as a vampire herself, she could care less. Finally at the hunting ground’s  door, Ara enters with her strong aura. In the hunting grounds, she walk up to Yunho with confident written all over her face, she’s determined to make the man hers.

“Hey~ I’m your partner Go Ara”

“…”

“wow… what a way to treat a woman, well nice to see you”

“…”

People starts to murmurs outside with their own thoughts, but most of them of course agreed they look good together. Both vampires, both superb looks, both strong and both has that earie but attractive aura. Someone anog them though knows this is not right and is against the rules. Its Gyuri. Since she’s the only one that knows Yunho’s current status, she can’t help but feel like its wrong. The hunting grounds rules, in a couple hunt, anyone who is married can only pair with their spouses . This is not right, sheneeds to at least get Jaejoong’s permission. She walks in between the sea of creatures all the way to the main door. The problem is where is the vampire’s wife’s location now.

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

 

Calming himself in the school’s forest that was supposed to be used as a botanic garden with the wind, Jaejoong was allowed to go to school today though he doesn’t have any lesson to attend today. He just misses school and want to see how things are after his unknown death. Breathing in this surprisingly mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter