Teaser

Trust Me This Once

  Beep! Beep! Beep! Chirped Seohyun's analog alarm clock. Annoyed by the sound she forcefully slammed it down, silencing all annoying noises. Seohyun yawned, stretched, and got out of bed and went along with her regular day. She would wake up, go to school, come back home and study, watch her usual 9 o'clock drama, and to bed.

  Honestly, Seohyun never lived for herself. It was always what her parents wanted. If she displeased them, the consequences wouldn't be good. In fact, complete opposite. So many of Seohyun's emotions had never been experienced. Love, despair, a broken heart. The reason for her innocence and naiveness? Lack of experience. She never felt like it was wrong, because all this time nobody told her what she was doing was wrong. People even praised her for her behavior.

  She dressed in a school uniform, her hair in a sleek-back ponytail, and a pair of black Mary Janes. She walked downstairs and greeted her parents brightly with a smile. "Morning mom! Morning dad!" She gave each a peck on the cheek and sat down for her usual breakfast, oatmeal and a banana. She blew on her oatmeal and tried a bit, burning the very tip her tongue. Still, she gave her mom a compliment. "Yum! Thanks mom." She said while peeling her banana. "Glad you like it, honey. How's school lately? Any cute boys?" Her mom said with a smile, but her father took it as no joke. Slamming his morning newspaper on the coffee table. "What?! No, school is not the place for boys! Focus on studies! No other talks in this house unless it's related to studies!"

  This happened almost everyday. Her parents fought all the time. Always discussing Seohyun and her flaws and imperfections. What more do they expect of me?! I get straight A's. I never go against the rules. I'm always respectful, why must they pick on me so much? Seohyun was an only child and never had any pets and a limit of two friends. Her father always warned her, too many friends wouldn't take her anywhere. Seohyun has also never experienced a crush, or any other types of love unless it was towards her family or friends.

fast forward!

  Her back tickled against the grass. The night sky set the sweet, romantic mood. She knew she wold get the worst scolding, but at that moment, that very second, nothing in the world was better. Their fingers played with the grass. He stole glances from her. Finding the perfect moment to catch her off guard. When the moment came, he grasped her soft, warm hands. This caused her cheeks to burn a bright, innocent red. He chuckled and put his empty hand behind his head.

"This night couldn't be anymore perfect. You make me feel so mushy and nice inside." He laughed at his cheesy words, but honestly he couldn't have explained it any better. Seohyun smiled and giggled. "How many times have you used that one?" She said looking at him. He squirmed in his place, and smiled at the feeling, the most unexplainable feeling known to him, that he had in his heart. "Once." He answered plainly.