.

Your Heart has no Room For Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, baby doll~"

"Annyeong, Daehyun oppa!"

"Am I disturbing you?"

"Not at all! Why'd you call?"

"Are you doing anything today? You know, because it's Christmas Eve and all.."

"I haven't got anything planned."

"That's great! Do you want to spend the day with me, then? I need to give you your Christmas present too~ I've already planned out everything! I'll come over and pick you up, then we'll go for a little walk to see all the Christmas lights around town. After, we'll eat lunch at your favourite pasta house, then we'll watch a movie before I take you home. Sound good?"

"Yeah.. Are we not doing anything in the evening?"

"Well, uh.. I kind of promised Miyoung I'd take her out in the evening and spend the first moments of Christmas with her.. But I'll be spending the majority of the day with you! Won't you want to spend some time with your family, anyway?"

"My parents have gone to visit my aunt in Mokpo, and won't be back until the 26th."

"Oh."

"But it's fine, really. I said I didn't want to go with them anyway."

"So, are we up for today?"

"Actually, Daehyun oppa, I just remembered that I have to go somewhere today. Mianhae."

"Gwenchana~ There's always next time, right?"

"Right.."

"I guess I'll see you later, then. Merry Christmas, baby doll~"

"Merry Christmas, Daehyun oppa."

 

And that's how it all started. You had been getting excited all week for no reason. You had already planned an evening date for you and your boyfriend, but he decides to spend the evening of Christmas Eve with Kim Miyoung.

"That's cool." You gritted your teeth, "You go and have fun with your precious honey cakes, Kim Miyoung, while I just have a fun forever alone Christmas. It's cool. Girlfriend #1 is fine by herself, so you can go and spend some quality time with girlfriend #2." You were supposed to be really angry with Jung Daehyun, but your eyes started watering out of no where. "Just leave me alone for the holidays, why don't you?!" You yelled in fury as your phone collided with the wall. A nice crack had appeared across the screen.

You went over to your closet and pulled out some clothes to wear, "It's cool. Girlfriend #1 can spend Christmas alone. Girlfriend #1 can just go to the date by herself. It's cool."

You grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl, and walked out of the house with your bag slung around your shoulder, "Girlfriend #1 can have fun by herself. It's cool." 

 

 

"There's a special offer for today only! Get a drink free if you're with your other half!" The waiter cheerfully said once she had approached the table you were sitting at.

"Clearly, it's just me today. And probably tomorrow. And probably the day after that, too." You shot her a glare.

"Right. Sorry, Miss." The waiter bowed slightly, "What do you want to order?"

"1 hot chocolate, please." 

"Right away."

You took out your phone and ran your finger across the ugly scar, "I shouldn't have thrown you at the wall this morning.." With a sigh, you unlocked your phone to see the photo you had set as your wallpaper. It was a picture of you and Daehyun. His arm was slung around your neck, as he pulled you close. His lips were on your cheek, as you held up a peace sign with a big grin. You put a finger to Daehyun's face. Unconsciously, your eyes started to water again. You started to blink rapidly; you didn't want to start crying. 

"Why would you leave me on a day like this?" This time, you didn't try to stop the tears that were not streaming down your cheek.

"Um, Miss?" You looked up to see the same waiter placing your drink on the table. "Your hot chocolate." 

You slapped your hand onto your cheek, trying to get rid of the tears, "T-Thanks."

"Enjoy your drink." The waiter bowed once more before leaving.

You looked down at your hot chocolate. At that moment, your phone suddenly beeped, signalling that you got a text.

Baby doll~~ Are you sure you're okay? I feel bad for leaving you alone.. Mianhae, baby doll. You know I still love you, right? <3 T^T - Daehyun oppa.

You stared at the text for a good 3 minutes before snapping out of your gaze, "Oh, so now you want to know how I feel? So now you want to know if I'm okay?" Your eyes started watering again. "What if I'm not okay? Will you ditch Miyoung and come and spend the rest of Christmas Eve with me?" You couldn't take it anymore, as you buried your face in your arms, and sobbed. 

 

 

As you walked down the street, almost everything reminded you of Daehyun.

The small dukbokki stand that the two of you would regularly go to and eat.

The coffee shop that the two of you would regularly go to and get a coffee.

The park that the two of you would regularly ride your bikes at.

Everything led to your brain thinking Jung Daehyun.

 

You held your head and rapidly shook it, trying to get the thoughts out of your head. More tears streamed down your face. You sat down at a bench, and blankly looked out at the streets of Seoul.

Even though there were many people walking by, and many conversations could be heard left and right, you had never felt so alone before in your life. Never in your life had you felt so.. abandoned.

You kept wiping your tears away, but new ones kept replacing the old, as they covered your face. In your head, you kept telling yourself, stop crying. It always happens. Why are you overreacting? 

It was true. Daehyun always left you for Miyoung. Even though you had met him first, and became his girlfriend first, it seemed as though he always put you second. 

You were always helping Daehyun to find an excuse as to why he wasn't around. This time, it was because Miyoung's grandmother had recently passed away, and she was feeling down the whole month. Shortly after, she became ill for a good 2 weeks before she was better. 

You felt as if it was useless to keep holding onto your broken relationship. You tried to break up so many times, but every time, Daehyun would always manage to keep you by his side.

H

Please log in to read the full chapter