Amid the Cold of Winter

Mi-Hyun's new life

"GET OUT YOU UNGRATEFUL ARROGANT BRAT! " A year rolled down my face as I was slapped by him. Umma just stood there was watched.  What kind of mother would do that. "Pack your things and get the hell out of my house. " He yelled at me as he turned away. I walked up stairs to my room and grabbed my already packed bags. Along with the phone I payed for. I am leaving and I do not ever want to return to this hell hole.

I stormed out of the house and into the snow. It was beautiful, it reminded me of my brother I have not seen him in years.  

My feet started moving I was walking to my boyfriend Micha's home I figured I could trust him. He was so sweet and kind. Or that is what I thought anyway.  
The snow started to melt and flow into my shoes. It was so cold  this time of year.  Snow had just fallen the night before and it was snowing again. Winter in Iowa was the only thing I truly enjoyed. And that was saying a lot in my book.
 
I was walking up the walk way to Micha's home when I looked in the window and saw him making out with my best friend Nikita.  
 
Tears were swelling up in my troubled eyes as I felt my heart shatter into millions of tiny bits. I walked up to his door and knocked. He walked over and answered the door. "Hell-" he was cut off by me slapping him in the face. I tore off my neckless that had his name on it and tossed it at him. "Go to hell you you too 
 ! " I yelled at them as tears streamed down my face. I picked up my bags and I ran until I reached Tyson's house. He let me stay there until morning. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked down at the dials. It was time to call him.
 
I picked up my phone and dialed his number I haven spoken to him in 12 years since my mom took me and walked out of his life.  
"-yeoboseyo? " The man on the other line asked her. " Appa, it is me Kim mi-Hyun can I move in with you I have no home. " She responded to him. He was silent for a few seconds. "What time can you get here? "  
"I will be there by tomarrow. " I spoke as we said out goodbyes and I hung up the phone.
 
I picked up my bags and walked down the steps and outside where a taxi was waiting to take me to the airport I had a ticket I had been saving just incase anything like this had happened. 
 
I shut the door and sighed as we drove. As the car drove past Umma's home I flipped off Sam that was my Umma's husband and I was so glad I didn't have to wake up to him anymore. 
I pulled out my phone and hooked up my headphones it would be a hour before I got to the airport so I might as well listen to music. I started to play 'Reason I became a witch' by NS Yoon G.
 
I would be at the airport soon then I would be back home to Seoul. I wonder how everyone has been I wish I had stayed in contact with all of them. "But everything happens for a reason. " that is what Appa use to tell Koichi and I before We fell asleep.  I really miss them more then anything. 
 
 
 
 

I hope you all liked the chapter. This is my first ever story so please leave positive feedback. Thank you to everyone taking time to read this.