Trading the Past for the Future

If Three's a Crowd, Then This is Utter Mayhem!

Pic is Nehi... more about her background and family will be revealed shortly!

August 24, 2012.

"Do you have everything? Money? Passport? Visa?" my dad asked me... again.

"Yes Dad, we went over this... in the car," I sighed.

"Just checking," he said, but I could tell he was worried for me. I smiled.

"Don't worry guys," I said to my mom and dad. "I'll be fine. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself." I tried to calm them down.

"I can't believe you're already going to university. I swear it was only yesterday that you were in kindergarten, I- I-", my mom choked, eyes filling.

"Mom, please don't cry! This is supposed to be happy!!" I exclaimed. She smiled, nodding, wiping her eyes.

"You should go, you don't want to miss your flight." Dad reminded me.

I nodded, hugging them both tightly. "I love you both. I'll call when I get there." I told them. I slung my backpack purse (click this to see it! http://s6.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/14199996.jpg) and grabbed the handle of my carry on. I started walking to the airport security line, taking off my shoes and all my electronics in the large black tubs, then packing it up again. After I made sure I had everything, I started towards the gates. I turned, and saw my parents, looking very small and far across the security line. I waved, and they waved back. A tear rolled down my cheek, but I brushed it away, smiling. I took one last look at my parents, my home, my country, my past, and then...

turned around and headed for my future.