I hate Christmas

The Two Christmas Lonely Grinches

 

 

“Just a few more hours until Christmas,” Meew sighed, her hair sticking out in every which way, still wearing her blue, fluffy pajama pants and a white t-shirt hanging off her thin frame. “What’s so good about Christmas, anyways? It is the same every year. Giving presents, eating together, then done. We wait 364 more days until the next and the same cycle repeats," She continued to grumble underneath her breath, being the Grinch I truly was.

Meew cuddled up in her fluffy purple blanket while staring at the beautifully lit city streets from her 10th floor apartment window, an already even layer of dust covering the town, but, it was snowing... again, adding inches to the already layered cement and buildings.

She hated snow.

She hated the cold.

Hence, the reason why she was still curled up inside, by herself, on Christmas Eve, all cuddled up in her gigantic, purple blanket.

A sudden slam of a closing door woke her up from her negative thoughts, echoing throughout her apartment as a voice followed shortly after.

“Meeeeeeewwww!!! Oh my God! Guess what they’re having down the street?!” Moh, a good friend of hers, exclaimed happily from the living room, removing her shoes at the door before then running into Meew's room.

Meew rubbed her temples and smiled a small smile, uninterested, “What is it?”

“Gingerbread cookie making thingy majinger for free! I honestly don’t know exactly what it is, all I know is is that it's an event where you can make gingerbread cookies, for FREE, and...and... I REALLY want to make gingerbread cookies!" She paused, "For FREE!”

Moh walked beside Meew her hands clasped together in a dream-like state while dreaming of the delicious cookies she could make... for FREE.

She, then, added excitedly, “If we can make lots of cookies, I can give some to Sandeul since he wanted to spend Christmas Eve with me and I know how much he loves to eat..”

“What about Minny?” Meew asked, “Did she have plans as well?”

“Minny is already waiting for us at the shop. She is spending Christmas Eve with Myungsoo! She heard about this event and could not wait to bake some cookies for Myungsoo and for herself! Those two could be, like, the glutton couple! They love to eat too much,” Moh chuckled. “What about you, Meew?”

Meew suddenly felt jealous.

That’s right. Christmas this year will be different. She will be spending it alone. Both of her friends will be busy spending Christmas with their boyfriends while she will be sulking in her room, cursing: Christmas, the snow, and the cold from the bottom of her heart.

So not fair, She thought dejectedly.

No one wants me..

Moh noticed Meew’s saddened expression and frowned, grabbing her, in her pajamas and all, got her dressed and brought her along with her to the Gingerbread Cookie Event in 10 mins, hoping it will take her mind off of things. “Let’s go Meew! Minny is waiting. She’ll kill us if we’re any later than we already are!”

Meew groaned, dragging her feet in the snow as she looked around, her hands stuffed in her pockets from the cold, holding an inexistent espression on her face, trying to ignore the cold snow surrounding her. Once they got inside of the bakery the event was taking place, the sweet aroma of gingerbread cookies, sugar, and every other sweet scent reached their noses.

It smelled so good. Meew’s mood immediately lifted and she couldn’t wait to bake them cookies, the scent alone motivating her enough to crack a smile.

The noise in the small bakery reflected the amount of people who had come to participate in the event, Christmas music was playing along the lines of the chatter, a huge, beautifully decorated Christmas tree was displayed at the front-left corner of the room with Christmas lights around the ceiling of the shop finished the Christmas vibe, giving of it joy and happiness, the season naturally brought.

 Tables were everywhere with people already inhabiting it, baking and/or putting the final additions on their delicious cookies: cookies for themselves, or for their family, or for their friends, or for their loved ones.

Meew shook her head and told herself to not think about her sad love life and to just focus on those cookies. Her focus was only distracted a moment when she saw some flailing limbs, which turned out to be Minny's, waiting for her two friend's attention, which was soon granted when Meew tapped Moh's shoulder, her eyes still wandering, and pointed to Minny's tiring arms, then making their way to their maniac-looking-friend.

“Finally! You guys know how much I hate waiting,” Minny hissed while crossing her arms to display her irritation.

“Chill Min! It was Meew’s fault for being such a slowpoke walking in the snow,” Moh teased.

“It was slippery!” Meew defended. She then added, “Besides, you both know how much I dislike snow.”

“I love snow! How can you dislike it,” Minny dramatically replied, putting her right hand on her chest as if hurt by Meew’s statement.

“You dork,” Meew giggled. “Okay. Let’s do this.”

The Triple Ms washed their hands and immediately found a free table and got to work with the their scrumptious cookies. Time passed by slowly and their batters were made, big glomps of dough sat in their three separate glass bowls.

“What should I shape mine?” Moh asked enthusiastically. “A star? Ooh or maybe a sandal for Sandeullie!" Stars formed in her eyes at the very thought of her boyfriend.

“Great idea Moh! I’m shaping mine as that gingerbread man from Shrek,” Minny shrieked with excitement.

Moh made a face at her weird friend and said in between laughs, “That gingerbread man from Shrek?! Minny, did you have some sugar again? I don’t think Myungsoo would want a gingerbread looking man from Shrek for Christmas.”

“Who said it was for Myungsoo?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, "It’s for me to eat! Nyahaha. Besides Myungsoo would eat anything I give in front of him,” Minny stuck her tongue out playfully and started working on her masterpiece.

Moh shook her head at Minny’s weirdness and looked to her left where Meew was sitting, quietly staring at her untouched glob of batter.

“Aren’t you going to make shapes too, Meew?” Moh asked curiously, a finger at her chin.

“I can’t make anything other than a circle, you know,” Meew raised her eyebrows at her. “Besides, I have no one to give this to, so why bother make something other than a circle?”

Minny rubbed her temples and scolded her friend, “Yah! You are technically giving it to yourself. At least make something nice for yourself this Christmas, ok?”

Meew nodded, trying to stay positive and not agitate Minny, “What shape then? I can only do a heart! And giving myself a heart would be like me telling myself ‘I love you,’ which I don’t- just in case you don’t know.”

Moh smacked Meew on the head and said, “Meew, shush. Don’t ever say that! One day your prince charming will come sweep you off your feet and will make you love yourself the way he loves you, you'll see. You deserve a good man.”

“If he ever comes...besides that only happens in mangas, dramas and in the movies, in other words, not real life,” Meew mumbled grumpily, still with that tiny glimpse of hope that this prince charming, if he ever existed, that he would come. Soon.

“Fine. I shall make a heart just for Christmas. It’s the only shape I can do anyways,” Meew decided in a sigh.

Moh and Minny snickered and got back to making their cookies.

A few seconds later

Meew furiously asked, “What does a perfect heart look like anyways?” She threw her batter angrily aside, frustrated.

“Ooh it has to look like a woman’s bust or an upside down ,” Moh replied while winking.

Minny, this time, smacked Moh on the head. “Ouch,” Moh pouted.

“It doesn’t have to be perfect you know! So long as it looks like a heart made from the heart..if you understand that,” Minny replied. Both Moh and Meew gave her a blank look. “Okay..it’s getting stuffy in here, maybe that's why you're so agitated. Why don’t you go outside for a little while and get some fresh air, Meew? Maybe it’ll help with the thinking,” Minny continued.

“Yeah, I need some of that right now, to be honest,” Meew stood up and headed straight for the doors, wanting nothing but some alone time, even if that meant in the snow.

“Maybe it was not a good idea to keep talking about our boyfriends in front of Meew, Minny,” Moh whispered, feeling guilty, slowly and weakly rolling out her batter on the table.

“Yeah.. I don’t know.. but for some reason, I think something magical will happen today,” Minny replied giddily and held up her Shrek gingerbread man masterpiece. “What do you think?”

Moh laughed and replied, “It looks like a truck ran over it!”

“Meanie!” Minny frowned while pointing at Moh.

“That’s your name silly!” Moh stuck her tongue out at “Meanie” before turning her attention to the beautifully shaped sandals she made for Sandeul.

I hope something magical happens today too.. She thought to herself as she placed her finished footwear on a empty plate beside Minny's ran-over gingerbread man.

Meanwhile

 

A/N: I am now posting the last part~ Nyahaha ^_^ It's a long oneshot lol. Comments are greatly appreciated :3