The Story

A Scary Yet Amazing Day

Seunghyun felt a familar pain in his gut. It had been happening for a few weeks now. He had been hiding it from his band mates because he figured it was just digestive problems or something. Plus, he didn't want to go to the hospital or the doctor because he had an aversion to needles and shots.

"Ah!"cried the guitarist, clutching his stomach and doubling over in pain.

"Ya! Are you alright?"a voice asked.

Seunghyun tried to answer, but all that came out was a grunt of pain. Tears fell from his eyes, as he squeezed them shut. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and saw the face of the man he loved: Lee Jaejin.

"What's wrong?"Jaejin asked, concerned.

"Hyung,"Seunghyun whimpered,"I think I'm dying."

"I'm going to get you help. Hang in there."said Jaejin, scooping the younger boy into his arms bridal style.

"Hyung… before I die… I want you to… know… saranghae."Seunghyun whispered before going limp in Jaejin's arms.

"HELP!"Jaejin screamed at the top of his lungs.

• • •

Seunghyun opened his eyes, wondering if he was in Heaven or Hell. He blinked a few times and looked at his hands. There was an IV in the back of his hand. Seeing it made him nauseous. He wanted it out.

"This must be Hell."whispered Seunghyun.

The guitarist slowly turned his head to look around and saw a figure sleeping in a chair next to him. He gasped when he realized that it was Jaejin.

"No this is Heaven."he whispered, reaching out to touch the sleeping boy.

He cried out when he felt the needle nearly rip out of his hand. The IV tube was caught on the side of the hospital bed he was laying in. He drew his hand to his chest, watching in horror, as it started to bleed. He hated blood.

"Ahh!"he shrieked, wanting his hand to stop bleeding.

Jaejin jumped awake when he heard Seunghyun scream, and he shot up to see what was the matter.

"You're awake!"he gasped, startling Seunghyun.

"Hyung, what happened to me?"Seunghyun asked fearfully.

"You had to have your apendix removed."said Jaejin, the other's hair.

Seunghyun stared at him.

"Aigoo, what did you do your drip? Did you try to take out?"Jaejin asked, noticing that Seunghyun's hand was bleeding.

"Aniyo, it got caught on the bed."said Seunghyun,"It hurts."

"I'll go get someone to fix it."said Jaejin, planting a kiss on the top of Seunghyun's head before leaving.

Seunghyun stared after him, blushing slightly.

Jaejin returned with a cute nurse.

"Aigoo! I'm so sorry about that! Let me go ask the doctor if we can take it out, sweety."she said, hurrying out of the room.

Seunghyun sighed in relief. The door burst open, causing both Seunghyun and Jaejin to jump in alarm.

An angry looking Hongki stormed in, followed by a timid looking Minhwan and an amused looking Jonghun.

"Ya! You punk!"Hongki screeched, rushing over to Seunghyun's bedside.

Seunghyun gazed at him fearfully.

"The doctor said you most likely had pains before yesterday! Why didn't you tell anyone!? If Jaejin hadn't found you, you could have died!"Hongki raged.

Seunghyun felt tears sting his eyes, and Hongki's face softened. Hongki bent down and hugged him.

You're too important to lose. We love you so much. Don't ever hide things from us again. Understand?"said Hongki.

Seunghyun nodded, and his tears spilled onto Hongki's shoulder.

"Alright, Hongki Umma, let the por kid rest already,"said Jonghun.

Hongki pulled away from Seunghyun and glared at the leader.

"How are you feeling, Seunghyunnie?"Minhwan, asked, moving to stand beside his best friend's bed.

Seunghyun was about to answer, when the nurse walked in with something in her hand.

Minhwan and Hongki moved to allow her access to Seunghyun.

"The doctor said we can remove it, but we have to put one in the other hand."she explained with an apologetic look.

Jaejin saw the fear in Seunghyun's eyes, and he made his way over to the right side of the bed. He silently took his dongsaeng's hand.

Seunghyun whimpered and squeezed his hand, as the nurse pulled the needle out of his other hand. It bled a little bit, and he looked away as the nurse cleaned and bandaged it.

"Good job. Now lets put another one in."she said, as she and Jaejin switched places.

Jaejin took Seunghyun's bandaged hand. Seunghyun winced, as he heard the nurse open the package containing the needle.

"I'll be as gentle as I can."she assured him, reaching for his hand.

The frightened boy made to jump out of the bed, but Jaejin held him down with one hand, still holding his hand with the other.

"Ow!Ow!Ow!"Seunghyun whined, squeezing Jaejin's hand with all his might, as the nurse stuck the needle in.

"You did good."said the nurse, taping the needle in place.

She left the room, and the other members stared at Seunghyun, who was still holding Jaejin's hand. The bassist was staring at his dongsaeng lovingly and his hair with his free hand.

"Well, I'm starving. Lets go see what kind of food this hospital has."said Jonghun, smirking.

"But we already at-"Hongki began but he fell silent when Jonghun elbowed him.

"Actually, I'm famished."said Hongki, glancing at the couple holding hands."I bet they have chicken."

"Really, hyung?"Minhwan asked, excited.

"Yeah, lets go."said Hongki, opening the door.

Minhwan practically bolted down the hallway. Jonghun chuckled and locked fingers with Hongki.

"Get some rest."Jonghun called, leading his boyfriend out of the room.

Jaejin waited for the door close before he started to speak.

"Seunghyun saranghae."he confessed.

Seunghyun stared at him.

"R-really?"the younger boy asked.

"Ne, don't ever scare me like that again."said Jaejin, rubbing his cheek against Seunghyun's bandaged hand.

"Mianhae,"Seunghyun said quietly.

"I thought you were going to die!"croaked Jaejin, his voice cracking at the end.

He hugged Seunghyun and cried into his chest. Seunghyun wrapped his arms around him, feeling guilty for making him cry.

"Saranghae so much."Jaejin sniffed.

"Nado saranghae."Seunghyun whispered.

The older boy pulled away to look at him. He leaned in and placed a soft, teary kiss on Seunghyun's lips.

Seunghyun closed his eyes, taking in the moment. He wanted to remember it forever. He brought his hand up to tangle his fingers in Jaejin's hair. Jaejin cupped his dongsaeng's cheek, gently tugging on Seunghyun's bottom lip with his own lips.

They parted for air and gazed into each other's eyes. Seunghyun smiled sleepily. The nurse had put morphine in his drip, and it was starting to take effect.

"You should get some rest."said Jaejin.

"Hyung, will you umm… lay with me?"Seunghyun asked, blushing slightly.

"Of course."said Jaejin, grinning.

Seunghyun scooted over, and Jaejin slipped under the covers, lying beside him. The older boy wrapped his arms around the guitarist, pulling him close. Seunghyun rested his head on Jaejin's chest and closed his eyes. Jaejin smiled and rested his chin on top of Seunghyun's head.Somehow, the scariest day of his life had also become the best one.