Book of: Shadows (II) x Light (II) x Broken Mirror (II) x Trivial (II)

Naruto: Next Generation


 Book of: Shadows (II) x Light (II) x Broken Mirror (II) x Trivial (II) 

 "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure" 

Preparations

Iruka scanned over the room and smiled," I have some good news!"

Almost the whole class rolled their eyes at their sensei. Iruka was known for his immense exaggerations and the last time he said that there was 'good news' there was bad news too. The teacher frowned at the lack of response from his students but ignored them momentarily.

"As you all know the test is tommorrow," Iruka started, readying the good nows. "So today you will be let out early!"

The classroom buzzed with excitement, students already planning the rest of their short school day.

Iruka interrupted the group's hype.

"But first, I'll go over the topics on the test. The first two hours will be done outside on the track area. After that, the other two hours will be the written test in here."

Disgruntled, the classroom merely watched as Iruka approached the chalkboard. Taking up a piece of chalk, the teacher turned.

"So, who wants to tell me the three basic styles of jutsu?"

Multiple hands shot up and Iruka chose one of the people sitting in the back row.

"Taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu."

Nodding, Iruka turned and scratched the words onto the chalkboard.

"Correct Minho," he complimented. The boy smirked and nudged the student beside him.

"Who said I'm not smart?" the boy bragged.

Iruka, as well as a few kids in the classroom, rolled his eyes before asking the next question.

"Now other than jutsu, what other things are essential to ninja?"

Again, students raised their hands, but less people this time.

Iruka pointed his chalk towards one of the students in the front.

"Hmmm... Hyelim?"

"Chakra, weapons, and medical ninjutsu."

The teacher smiled at his student.

"Yes, thank you."

He scribbled the words on the board, turning when he was finished.

"These will all be covered one way or another on the test as well as the following..."

Facing the board, Iruka continued to speak as he wrote.

"History, general education, and specialties."

One of the boys in the room spoke up in confusion

"What do you mean specialties?" he asked loudly.

Iruka smiled.

"Thank you for asking!" he replied. "At the end of the test there will be a blank page where you can provide any information you think is important or significant in any way to a ninja. Depending on the validity and accuracy of the information, you will be given extra credit. If you are wrong, however, you will not be penalized."

The boy nodded in understanding as did most of the other students.

Iruka continued speaking.

"The general education  portion of the test will be split into the following parts: physics, biology, chemestry, mathematics, and writing."

Students groaned as the list got longer and longer on the board.

"Don't worry guys," Iruka laughed. "That's it! So for the next hour or so let's just go over the specifics that will be covered. Firstly..."

The class continued to grumble. The school day just could not be over fast enough.

The next hour of teaching was pretty boring for the whole class. A few people took notes but the majority just stared at the chalk board as the teacher wrote. When Iruka dismissed his classroom it was around noon and everybody was ready for a lunch break. The academy students began filing out of the classroom slowly, joining their friends and discussing their study and lunch plans.  One girl pushed past her peers and scowled when she made contact with someone's elbow.

"Excuse me," she snapped, halting the row of people in front of her. "Do you mind?"

The other girl raised her eyebrow

"What? You ran into me. Now get out of my way before I bite you."

Gasping, the shorter girl acted offended and clung to the adjacent boy's arm.

"Joonie~," she whimpered, puffing out her cheeks. "Ashi is being mean to me. You heard that right? She threatened to bite me."

Her eyes watered as she stared up and the tall boy. He merely nodded, seemingly entranced by the female as she ran her fingers up his arm.

"Joon-chan, do you think you could help me with my taijutsu? It's my weak spot," she pouted some more, deeply irking the other girls around her.

Ashi rolled her eyes as Joon gulped.

"O-Of course I will," the boy replied as the girl dragged him towards the door.

She turned to look back at Ashi, smirking in triumph.

"ing Seohyun," Ashi groaned, her dog growling in agreement.

Another voice chimed in.

"Right?! I'm so sick of her tricking all the guys in our class."

Turning, Ashi was met with one of her fellow female peers.

"Oh Hikari! Hi! It's so annoying right? I just don't understand-"

"It's like they don't see her evil half!" Hikari interrupted, throwing her hands up in annoyance.

"Exactly!" Ashi shouted," At least someone else understands!"

The two girls continued criticizing Seohyun as they exited the classroom, bonding over one of the randomest things. The classroom was still partially full as the other students had been waiting for the 'Konoha Beauty' (Seohyun's self-proclaimed title) and her most recent victim to exit the room. Another unamused female watched the event unfold from her seat. She sighed in exasperation.

*So many girly girls. I just can't wait until we graduate.*

She scanned the room, looking for one of her friends. When her eyes landed on a pair of girls, she rose.

"I'll ask Kimiko to spar with me," she mumbled to herself, moving toward the isle.

When she reached the edge, however, a hand landed on her shoulder. Turning, she scowled when she realized who it was.

"What do you want Minho?" she huffed, looking behind her to make sure her friend was still there.

He grinned, somehow pleased pleased by her annoyed look.

"I heard you want to spar with Kimiko-chan."

"Your point? That's really none of your business," she huffed, crossing her arms in front of her.

"Michiko-chan," he cocked his head to the side. "Give up the tough act. There's no way you'd be able to beat either of the 'genius twins', even if they went easy on you."

Michiko gritted her teeth, grabbing the collar of the boy's shirt.

"Shut the up, Minho. You're just jealous she's my friend and not yours," she growled

The boy's eyes darkened, raising  his own fist and latching on to the female's shirt.

"Why you little-"

"Stop!"

"What?!" the two shouted in perfect unison, glaring in the direction of the voice but keeping their hands fisted in each others' shirts.

Taemin rolled his eyes at the two.

"Jeez guys, calm down. Just get used to each other already," the young boy complained. "You already know that if you both pass the exam you'll be in the same team."

The pair glared at the boy before loosening their grips.

Michiko sighed in defeat.

"You have a point..."

"Hey, you don't know that," Minho growled.

"No," the girl groaned. "They are going to just break a tradition that has been running strong for the past hundred years."

Minho's brow creased and his fist tightened once more.

"Don't talk to me like that! You are making me sound stupid," he complained

"I'm so done with this," Michiko groaned as she pushed past her 'rival' - at least that's what he called her.

Looking around, she realized her friend was already gone.

I guess I'll just have to go by the house...

Michiko knocked on the front door of the main Uchiha compound, waiting eagerly for someone to answer.

Kimiko has to be home, she thought to herself.

She knocked one more time, but when no one ansered she slid the door open slowly.

Maybe something's wrong.

Stepping into the house, she called out to her friend.

"Hello? Kimiko? Mr. and Mrs. Uchiha?"

She walked softly through the house, not entirely comfortable with barging in.

Perhaps someone will be in the kitchen.

Following her instincts, Michiko headed towards the kitchen. When she saw two pairs of pink hair moving around, she sighed in relief.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Uchiha, Seungyeol," Michiko bowed, waiting for the woman's acknowledgement before rising.

Sakura turned around from her spot at the stove," Ah, Michiko! Kimiko and Sasuke are out by the pond. The other girls are on the main porch if you want to join them."

The younger kunoichi nodded," Thank you Mrs. Uchiha."

"How many times have I told you to just call me Sakura?"

Michiko smiled and proceeded to walk to the doorway," Sorry Sakura-san."

When she walked outside she could see her friends lounging on one of the back porches, books scattered everywhere. The two of them - Hikari and Hyelim - waved happily at her and she waved back. They beckened her over and she contemplated joining them but remembered what Sakura had told her about Kimiko. Waving the two off, Michiko turned around to search for her friend.

"I think the main pond is this way," she mumbled to herself, following one of the wooden pathways around the building.

When she turned the corner, she found her friend standing alongside her father - the legendary Sasuke Uchiha - but suddenly another person appeared. From her current position she couldn't tell who it was, but she was determined to find out.

"Time to test my stealth against the prestine eyesight of the Uchiha clan!"

Michiko smirked to herself and jumped off the wooden walkway, dropping low behind the raised bridge and crawling towards where she saw the three standing. As she drew closer, she could hear voices.

"-sama, it's nice to see you again."

That's a younger boy... sounds familiar hmmm...

"Do you want something?"

Kimiko, definitely Kimiko.

Hearing her friend's voice, Michiko smirked, pulling one of her kunai from its holster.

"Kimiko, enough. What's the news?"

At the sound of Sasuke's voice, Michiko peeked around the corner of the bridge. Kimiko's back was facing her.

Perfect.

Michiko hopped the bridge swiftly and quietly, rushing towards her friend's back. Gripping Kimiko's arm, she pulled the other kunoichi towards her. The kunai in her right hand pushed against the other girl's throat.

"Gotchya!"

Kimiko snorted and smirked," I was wondering when you'd show up."

The Uchiha quickly pushed the kunai away from her neck, jabbing her other arm's elbow into Michiko's stomach and ing her down onto the floor.

"Now who's got who?" Kimiko smiled.

Michiko rubbed her stomach," Nicely done."

"Tch how could you let her sneak up on you like that?"

Both of the girls looked at the source of the voice, Kimiko frowning slightly.

Oh, it's Donghae.

Sasuke cleared his throat," Donghae, what did you need?"

"Ah yes," the boy turned his attention to the elder Uchiha," I have news from the head anbu unit."

"Let's go talk in private."

Sasuke placed his hand on the boys shoulder and smiled, leading him away from the two girls. Michiko watched Kimiko as the two men walked away, witnessing the displeased look on her face. She smiled, thinking of a way to cheer her friend up.

Rising to her feet, Michiko slung an arm around Kimiko's shoulders," I have an idea."

 

A young girl came bouncing into the kitchen, grasping her mother's legs in a hug.

"Mommy mommy! I got accepted into ninja academy class 1 today!"

Sakura gasped, turning around to meet her youngest child," Congratulations! I knew you could do it Yukiko."

"Mommy," Yukiko started," I want to tell Kimiko-chan! Where is she?"

"Your sister's outside," Sakura smiled, pinching her daughter's cheeks.

Yukiko nodded, bounding towards the doors.

"Be careful!" Sakura mentioned, returning to her cooking. "They grow up so fast."

Not realizing her sister was sparring, Yukiko ran towards her happily.

As Yukiko stepped outside, she saw her sister kneeling by the main porch.

"Onee-san!" she shouted, running towards her oldest sibling.

She couldn't wait to tell her sister the news about the good news. She was one step closer to reaching the same level her sister was currently at. Unfortunately, Yukiko didn't realize what she was running into.

Michiko landed hard on her and groaned. She jumped up swiftly, attempting to win a battle she was currently losing.

I only have one chance left...

In a last ditch attempt to land a hit on her friend, she aimed the rest of her kunai at Kimiko. The other ninja skillfully turned, deflecting three of the four knives, the last one scraping the surface of her face but continuing to fly past her. Michiko's eyes widened as she realized her stray kunai was heading straight for her sparring partner's younger sister. She grabbed at her kunai holster but soon realized she had none left. Kimiko swiveled on her heels, also realizing where the kunai's trajectory would lead. The youngest Uchiha stares as the weapon came flying towards her, the smile on her face quickly disappearing. Kimiko raced towards her sister, wincing in pain as the kunai lodged itself in her thigh.

"What do you think you are doing!?" Kimiko snapped.

Yukiko looked up at her older sister, tears welling up in her eyes.

"N-Nee-san."

The youngest Uchiha turned and ran into the house sobbing. Kimiko watched as her sister escaped her rage. She touched her bleeding cheek and her shoulders slumped. Dragging her feet, the older Uchiha followed her sister back into the house.

Michiko watched as the scene played out before her. She couldn't help but feel slightly responsible for the youngest's tears.

"Let it be."

Michiko turned, looking at the speaker.

"It's not your problem," Hyelim motioned," It's a family problem."

The other female merely nodded, plopping down next to Hyelim and Hikari. 

"I just feel kinda responsible, y'know?"

Hikari nodded," Yeah but Hyelim is right. She always is when it comes to these things."

"You're right," Michiko flipped a book open and turned a few pages absentlmindedly.

"What have you guys been studying anyway?"

Hikari pouted," I'm studying the math and physics stuff, statistics and weapon trajectory."

"And I'm reviewing poisons and medicines," Hyelim added.

Michiko nodded at her friends," I think I need some work on history."

She flipped through her book some more before landing on the right page.

"I always get stuck around the Danzo Hokage period and the details after Kaguya's battle," Michiko sighed, rubbing her temples.

Hyelim pointed her pencil towards Kimiko who was walking back outside with a newly bandaged cheek and thigh.

"Kimiko is the best of us at history."

The Uchiha stilled momentarilly, stopping in the doorway with a glass of water.

Nodding, Michiko looked up at her friend.

"How 'bout it?" she requested.

Kimiko gulped down the rest of her water.

"Nah, I'm gonna go out for a run," she declined

"We just sparred! Take a break and study for once," Michiko suggested.

Ignoring her friend, Kimiko placed the empty glass down on the floor and tugged the towel off her shoulders.

"Sorry," she mumbled, tossing the towl on the floor before dashing off.

Michiko's eye twitched in annoyance.

"Wow, that went well."

She felt a hand land on her shoulder and was met with a preppy voice.

"I don't think I'm quite as strong in history as Mrs. 'I-never-study' but I can help!"

Smiling, she accepted the help.

"Thank you Hikari. I can help you with chemistry in return."

"Noooo," Hikari whined. "I forgot about chemistry!"

The other two girls laughed at her - she was definitely Naruto's daughter.

To be honest, I had to shorten it because I wanted to cover so much more but it would have been way too long. I hope you like it though :) Enjoy <3 Also I accidently updated earlier apparently. Sorry. P.S. unedited mostly
 

-Author's Note


layout cr. koreangal5