Book of: Light (I) x Broken Mirror (I) x Trivial (I) x Turtle (I)

Naruto: Next Generation

 

Kimiko || Hikari || Yukiko


"Come on. Get up," the taller of the two girls - though not by much - ordered the shorter who was currently sprawled out across the floor on the top of the Hokage Mansion.

"Give me a second Kimiko," the other huffed, taking in deep breaths. "After people train, they relax you know?"

"Not everyone gets to relax Hikari," Kimiko reminded, rolling her eyes. "I mean, think about the jonin or ANBU. They don't rest for days on end while on long-term missions."

"But we're not even genin yet," Hikari pointed out, sitting up. 

"We're training to become genin," Kimiko countered. Hikari sighed then nodded.

"Fine. But give me another minute. I think I pulled a muscle," she admitted. Kimiko gave a wry smile.

"Alright then."

The bushes rustled behind them and Kimiko's eyes flickered to the point of interest.

"Get out here Yukiko. What do you need?" Kimiko questioned, rolling her eyes. A small figure - female and undeveloped, a child - stepped out, wringing her hands together nervously.

"Mom wanted you to come home soon," Yukiko warned.

"Alright," Kimiko dismissed, waving her hand before offering it to Hikari, barely throwing Yukiko another glance. Hikari rolled her eyes at Kimiko's immature (in her opinion) way of showing love.

"We'll be there in a sec Yukiko," Hikari reassured with a smile. "Just let this future-genin here catch her breath."

"At this rate, you won't even become a genin," Kimiko snorted, arms crossed.

"Yeah yeah," Hikari muttered, standing.

She held her hand out to Yukiko, her heart reaching out as well. Kimiko was like her father - competitive, stubborn (Hikari preferred pig-headed), a little quiet, and an emotional fail at showing her feelings. Meanwhile, Yukiko was closer to her mother but still unique - kind, sensitive, and yet also a little dense too. The two couldn't express their feelings to each other and that was why Hikari's heart reached out for her best friend and her best friend's sister.

"Let's go Yukiko. Kimiko's being a ," Hikari joked, walking away. From behind them, Kimiko rolled her eyes.

Hikari would never change.

X . . . . . . ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ) . . . . . . . .

Yuuki mumbled to himself, kicking rocks as he walked towards the pond in front of him. His "best friend" had given him a map and told him that it would show him to a stone with a secret jutsu sketched on it. Looking down at the map in his hands, he couldn't understand where he went wrong. He was sure he had followed the directions on the map, but the supposed secret stone was nowhere in sight. As he was walking and looking down, his left foot slipped out from under his body. Yuuki's arms flailed above his head, map flying out of his hands before he hit the floor. The boy whined as pain shot through his body. He ran his hands through his messy black hair, picking out a few twigs along the way. 

*This is all Kyuhyun's fault.*

He sat up and looked around for the map he dropped. He noticed a paper floating in a nearby pond. Frantically he rose up from his sitting position and scrambled towards the pond. When he reached the small body of water, he lunged for his paper, pulling it up out of the water with an "Ah-hah." Yuuki stared at the paper. Attatched to the bottom was a small turtle.

"Heeey... Let goooo!" the boy whined, shaking the paper back and forth.

Unfortunately, the little turtle refused to let go of the map. Yuuki poked the turtles stomach in an attempt to force it to release the drenched paper. The little guy spasmed before dropping off the paper and into the pond. The boy erupted in a fit of giggles as he watched the small animal before scooping it out of the pond into his hands.

"You're actually kinda cute. I'm gonna call you Ikiwa and I'll come to see you every day!" Yuuki smiled, poking the turtle on its nose.

The turtle waddled around in Yuuki's hands before resting contently in his left palm. The boy grinned and looked away towards the map. He gasped in surprise - all the ink was smuged! Yuuki's brows furrowed in utter confusion.

*How am I supposed to get home now?*