Of Consolation Prizes and Covering Others

Of Consolation Prizes and Covering Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Entirely from Ga In's point of view. 

-

4:00 PM

 

I’m in Hong Kong now. Why am I in Hong Kong? To attend the MAMA. You think it’s a happy event? I’m not here on my own volition, so no, I think not. Honestly, I’m incredibly busy, what with filming for the movie and preparing for the BEG concert. I wouldn’t have wanted to fly all the way to Hong Kong to attend the MAMA. You must be thinking that I’m here because I’m set to win an award. Wrong again. Okay, you’re half right, but I don’t consider it an award. It’s like some consolation prize to make the losers feel better—the kind that changes every year. Yes, that kind of consolation prize.

Don’t give me that incredulous look. I’m here as a replacement for IU. Surprised? You shouldn’t be. Super Junior is one of the headlining guests for the MAMA this year. Eunhyuk is a member of Super Junior. I don’t believe that you’ve already forgotten about the Eunhyuk-IU scandal yet. Company didn’t want IU and Eunhyuk to appear in the same event lest the already fading scandal gets violently reignited. But you know how if no appearance equals to no awards? If it’s not falling into place already, MNET and LOEN had some kind of deal saying that they would give IU the best female solo award if I appeared in her place. That’s what I’m doing right now, guaranteeing IU’s solo award. Ironic given that I’m also nominated for that.

If they wouldn’t give me no awards, that’s okay. If they would be willing to give me time to perform like a song properly without unnecessarily messing around with it, it wouldn’t be that bad. But no. They insisted on having a y dance break to introduce the song, and wouldn’t even let me sing the entire song. It’s not like I don’t have anything to perform, or that I’m a big fan of having a y dance break purely for the sake of (I don’t like it). Do I even need to mention that the timing of my performance is absolutely undesirable too?  

Let me not go on about this, I have to smile and look happy to be there in a few. Don’t think so much about it Ga In; you have to be professional. I am happy to be here. Not.

 

-

 

Performance done. I think I decent for the circumstances that I was under. y dancing and an altered song? I think so. Half the battle won. Now I just have to sit back and relax before the second half of the battle starts. Honestly though, I’m not particularly excited about today’s line up. Of course, except JYP oppa, and K. Will.

 

Epik High was a visual shock, I saw from backstage. They got the atmosphere so high! No wonder they didn’t appear at the red carpet, they couldn’t possibly appear while dressed like that could they? They’re awesome live. I’d better rush downstage if I want to watch JYP oppa perform!

 

JYP oppa was so cool! Wooyoung too! I wish I could perform with JYP oppa again. Even though he’s the big boss, he still is an excellent performer…though not as cool as when he performed just for me. At least I can say that he’s performed just for me before.

 

I don’t understand what the American is saying. My English is atrocious. I really need to improve my English. How can everyone else be so good at it?

 

EXO. There’s so many of them, I can’t tell them apart at all. The clock idea is nifty though. And isn’t Mirotic TVXQ’s song? It is right? Regardless, I quite pity them. Even though they’ve bothered to make an appearance, I don’t think they’re going the rookie award. They’re probably going to get shafted because Busker Busker is affiliated to MNET. Hey, at least they get good airtime. I don’t even.

 

And now they’re joined by SHINee. At least I can tell apart the members of SHINee. These sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter