Too Late

That's Why It's Called 'Best Friends Forever'

"Sunmi-ah, isn't it that I'm your bff?" asked by my adorable Baecon

"Yep! Of course! Why?" I said without much ado

"Isn't it that bffs help each other?" he asked again

"Yah! What's your drama today Hyunnie? I'm nervous right now. I know you want something." I said raising my right eyebrow

"Yep! You know exactly! You're my true bff!" he said hugging me from behind. It was my first time to feel his hug. In our 16 years of friendship, it was the first time he hugged me. I don't want to end it. I want this feeling to last forever.

"I-I-I-I-I-I...." he stuttered

"''I' what Mr. Byun?" I said a little bit puzzled

"I-I-I-I-Lo-love--y-y-you-" what is he going to tell? Don't tell me he will tell me he loves me. kyaaaaa~~ Hyunnie-ah, how long have I waited for this day.

"Okay.I'm shy." he said blushing

"Come on. Say it." I encouraged him. It's your most awaited moment, Sunmi!!

"I love you---- I love your friend Tiffany.. Please help me win her heart. Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top." he said beaming his 1 million-watt smile

"Please please please, Sunmi-ah!" he plead doing his aegyo 

          Seems like my whole world collapsed. Seems like I was shot many times. Did I hoped too much? Or am I too stupid not to see his feelings for Tiffany? My heart were torn into million pieces. It's too hurtful. I loved a boy who doesn't even have the smallest clue on how much I love him..

"If you only knew Baekhyun. If you only knew how much I care for you. I'm ready to sacrifice my life just for you but what did you do, huh?" I said to myself

         The person whom I'm ready to give my life just killed me.. As I was thinking all of those things... tears came rushing down my face

"Yah! Sunmi-ah. Gwenchanha? Are you sick or something? Are you hurt? Eodiseo?eodi?" he scanned my face looking for bruises or something

"No. I'm fine." I forced a smile and wiped my tears

"No.! You're not fine!" he said in a  higher tone

"I said I'm fine, Baekhyun." I said flashing a fake smile at him

"You're not fine. I know you have something in your mind. Come on. Share it. Tell me." he said worriedly

"I'm fine, Baekhyun. Not that very important. Small particles of dust just got inside my eyes. Don't worry. I'm fine." That's right Sunmi. Hide your feelings. You can do it.

"No. You're not fine. I know you're lying. Just your way of calling me shows that you have a problem." Why does he knew me like that..?

"No. Really. I'm fine." I insisted

"I know you Sunmi. I'm your bff since we were in diapers. I know if you're lying or hiding something." he said scolding me

"Huh? You said you knew me,huh?" tears rolled down again

"Yeah. So now, tell me who did this to you and I'll kill them." anger filled his voice

"You can't kill yourself, Baekhyun." I said looking at him

"Huh? What did you say? I'm not joking here. Come on. Tell me and I'll kill them."

"Do you think I'm lying? Okay. there's no point in lying. You said you knew me? How come you didn't even notice my feelings for you? How come you didn't even know I love you from the begining? How come you didn't even understand all the things I did was for you? Think again Baekhyun. Think again. It's too much! I can't bear it anymore. Please realize my existence too for goodness' sake!!" tears rolled down without my permission. He was flabbergasted and suddenly ran away and leave me alone.

I don't think I have the guts to face him again. What did I just do? I ruined our friendship. I wish it never happened. How I wish I could return back the time. I wish I just kept my feelings inside my heart. How I wish.


         After that day, he didn't bother to talk to me aggain. Even at school, he didn't even try to look at me. He's avoiding me now. Everytime I approach him, he always walk away. I miss him. I miss my bestie. I regret all the things I said.

         Seconds, minutes, hours, days and weeks had passed and he didn't even say a single word to me. Eotteokhe? What should I do? I want our friendship back. As I'm thinking about how to regain our friendship, I saw something on our bulletin board. It says 'Find your date because Junior-Senior prom is approaching'..then boom! I had an idea now. I can do it. I must do it for him.

         I searched for her ....and luckily I found Tiffany.

"Hey Tiffany..Can You do me a favor?" I asked her without hesitation

"Sure! What's that?" she smiled at me

"Can you be Baekhyun's date on our prom?" i asked. It seems like someone knocked me right in front of my face. I know it really hurts but as long as Baekhyun is happy, I'll be happy too.

"What? Baekhyun? As in your bff?" her eyes widened

"Ye-yeah."

"Omo! Of course! I'd love to! How long have I waited for this day." she said happily. I'm happy for Baekhyun because  the love of his life loved him too. Too bad for me but I can fight this feeling. I need to fight it. 

"okay. Thank you very much. See you later." I said bidding my goodbye.


*prom night*

         Yey! It's our prom night. All students did their best to look great. And me? Uhm, nevermind. As long as I'm presentable, that's fine. I wore a lacy black dress and pumps. As simply as that. I didn't even put a lot of make up because I'm allergic to that stuffs..

         It's time for the so called 'prom dance'. I watched the students dance romantically. I watched them all lovey dovey.. They're so cute. Well me? I'm sitting here waiting for nothing. No one asked me to dance. Oh well, I didn't hope for it because I don't know how to dance either so I'm still thankful.. Then a hand appeared in front of my face. As I turned around to see whose hand was that... I saw Baekhyun smiling at me hoping that I'll hold his hand and dance with him.

"Can I have your first dance, Sunmi?" he said hoping for a yes

"Ah.uh.ah.uhm.." was all I said

"It's okay if you don't want." sadness filled his face

"Yah! Don't be sad! Come on! Let's dance eventhough I don'y know how to dance.!" I giggled holding his hand. Maybe it's the time. It's the time to tell him.

[  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LigdI-Kg-k  ] --> play if you want.. LOL. I don't know what songs must be played in a prom because we don't have it in our school. T.T

         We danced in the center of the dance floor. My hands on his shoulders and his hands on my waist. It was indeed very romantic. At first it was very awkward because none of us were talking. Seems like we don't know each other.. But after the first song, Baekhyun broke the silence..

"Mianhe..."  he apologized. I was so shocked on what he said

"Mwo-oh?" was the only word I said

"I said I'm sorry Sunmi. I'm sorry for leaving you that day. Sorry for not talking to you this past months. Sorry for not acknowledging your love. Sorry for being selfish. Sorry fo-"

"Shhh. Stop it. I understand. I understand you because you're my bff, right?" I said blocking his lips with my point finger. He removed it and hold my hand tight.

"Sunmi-ah, I want to confess something.

"Me too. I want to say something." I smiled at him

"You first." he said

"No. You first." I insisted

"I-I-I-I" he stuttered

"'I' what Hyunnie?"

" I think I've fallen in love with my bff. I love you Lee Sunmi." he confessed looking directly to my eyes. He said it in a very sincere way

"I love you too bestie!! Aigoo! You're so sweet!." I said faking a smile. Flashback entered my mind. The time I confesed to him.

"Yah! This is not the bff's 'I love you'. I love you beyond that. I mean it." he said hugging me tight

"How long have I waited for that, Baekhyun. But sorry. I can't accept that." I said loosening his hug

"Why?" his tears welled up

"Because..." I started

"Because you don't love me now?huh? No second chance for me?" he shouted

"No! It's not that!." I managed to talk

"Because you found someone who is better than me?" his voiced cracked. I can't endure seeing him crying. I felt like I'm the worst bbf in the world.

"No!"

"Because yo-" I interupted him

"Because I'm going to US and stay there for good." Tears fall down on my cheeks without my permission

"Please stay. I can't live without you. Please Sunmi, I'm begging you." He hugged me tight while tears were falling down on his eyes

          As he hugged me, all of our happy memories came rushing in my mind. Those times we laugh at random things, those times we share jokes, and those times we take good care for each other. I love him. But I need to follow what my parents had told me. I need to study abroad for our company.....

         I let go of his hug and face him then smiled wiping his tears...

"Sorry Baekhyun but I have my decision. I will go to US and study for myself and for my family. You know they need me, don't you?Even if it hurts leaving my bff here, I will endure it and be strong. Just bear in your mind that I loved you, I love you and I will love you forever. Please be happy for me, araseo? And please take good care of Tiffany. She's moody sometimes but I assure you she's caring and loving. Please don't hurt her, understand?" as I said those, I hugged him for the last time and pulled him to the place where Tiffany was sitting. I held his hand and offered it to Tiffany.

"Tiffany, sorry if I took Baekhyun's first dance. But don't worry, you'll be his 2nd until his last dance tonight. Please take good care of hi. Please make him happy when he feel so down. Please protect and guide him. Make him laugh everyday and please love him more than I do. Don't leave him alone. Promise me you'll never ever hurt him because I love this guy more than myself, understand?" I said tearing up giving his hand to Tiffany.

"It's your chance now best friend.! Good luck and congratulations!" I said leaving them going directly at home. He shouted my name but I ignore him not bothering to look back because if I do, I'll just miss him more than I miss him already.

"Goodbye Baekhyun. Until we meet again. Saranghae~"