Final.

A Wonkyu Story.

 

Kyuhyun sat there motionlessly, his quivering pale fingers wrapped around the handle of the mug carefully, lifting it up slowly to let the hot chocolate slip through his lips. He stared outside the frosted glass, admiring countless numbers of people scurrying to find a perfect present of their beloveds, stopping at whatever catches their eye. Nudging his chair back quietly, he stood up and made his way to the counter, sliding a piece of green paper over the counter, gaining himself a shy smile from the lady who thanked him. Kyuhyun shoved his numbed hands into his pockets, letting his fingers play with the loose thread of his sweater as he pushed open the door,
 
The cold breeze raked harshly through his soft brown locks. Eager to reach home, weaved through the crowd which was quite easy with his slim figure. He nuzzled his nose into his scarf for warmth when a cold breeze whipped past him, inhaling the sweet smell of the clothing. Suddenly, he felt fingers encircle his slim wrist, making him stop in his tracks to turn around, "Hey, um.." a tall, handsome figure with tousled light brown hair, a pink shade staining his cheeks, " Are you alone? Like, uh.."
 
Kyuhyun smiled, It was just like three Christmas' before.
 
Kyuhyun trudged down the late, snowy streets, the flickering street lights as his only light source. It was Christmas Eve, the day before the joyful, long awaited season, of course everyone would be spending their time with the warmth and comforts of their beloveds. To Kyuhyun, it was just another December 25th. Shuffling his feet across the slippery road, eyes gazing down lazily to the ground he bumped his nose onto a warmth surface causing him to lose his balance on the wet surface. 
 
"Oof...Woah careful there..." the stranger spoke, in his husky yet soothing voice. He s his arms around the smaller's waist and pulled him protectively into a tight hug. Kyuhyun immediately pushed him away with his feeble arms, blushing, averting his gaze onto the ground nervously. With a single mutter of thanks, he immediately dashed away from the ridiculously good looking stranger but to be held back by a tight grip on his skinny wrist.
 
"Wait..are you, by any chance spending this Christmas alone?"
 
"And how would it concern you?" Kyuhyun dared to asked, chewing his bottom lip nervously.
 
"Well, you could say I'm interested in you."
 
"Pretty blunt aren't you?" Kyuhyun asked rhetorically,a blush appearing on his pale cheeks.
 
"I'd rather not beat around the bush." he gave a wide smile, showing his gorgeous dimples as he shrugged his broad shoulders,"My name's Choi Siwon, and yours?"
 
"K-Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun."
 
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Cho Kyuhyun. Now I'm in a dire state to know the answer to my question?" 
 
"Y-Yes, yes I am..." his face flushing deeply, "But why would someone like you, ask someone well..like me?" 
 
In response, the older man chuckled heartily before replying with a simple, "Why not?"
 
**
 
"Siwon..why did you decide to join the army?" Kyuhyun asked, his voice barely audible.
 
Siwon just smiled kindly, averting his gaze to the night view from the balcony, "Well..ever since I done my service in the army, I suddenly felt, maybe this was the right job for me."
 
"The job wasn't made for you Siwon! Why did you.." Kyuhyun's voice wavered, as he stood up abruptly, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Siwon immediately pulled the boy down to cuddle beside him, "Kyuhyun, I've wanted to protect people, people like you," he pressed his forehead on his boyfriend's and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on his lips, "I love you so much. Have faith in me."
 
"I will..."
 
**
 
"I'm sorry, I'm sort of taken," Kyuhyun whispered as his fingers fisted his sweater, giving the man the kindest smile he could muster.
 
"Damn, its always the cutest ones.." he muttered to himself angrily, smacking his plump lips, "But seriously, he shouldn't leave someone as adorable as you alone in the streets, defenceless," he spoke, emphasizing the last word causing Kyuhyun to burst out into a fit of giggles. 
 
"Well, for starters, I would think you're hitting on me."
 
"Never said I wasn't."
 
"Touché."
 
"The name's Changmin, nice to meet you...?" 
 
"Kyuhyun, my name's Kyuhyun."
 
"Well, the air is starting to get rather chilly, so I think I'll take my leave. It was awesome meeting you, Merry Christmas! And send my regards to your boyfriend!" Changmin ran off, looking back to wave at the dazed boy who fiddled with his thumb nervously.
 
Merry Christmas Siwon. I wanted to tell you that a guy i met, Changmin wishes you too. If you were here...
 
"Merry Christmas," Kyuhyun grinned, before pacing down the pavement in his black military boots, avoiding the crowds that would flock around a a gift shop that caught their eye. Kyuhyun eyed a couple that seemed almost perfect, their fingers laced with each other as they strolled down the glistening road. Butterflies doubled as Kyuhyun recalled the last Christmas they had together, December 25th, the day he left.
 
"Siwon.." Kyuhyun whispered, his body convulsed as tears gushed down his ashen cheeks but was quickly wiped away as he brushed his sleeves over his eyes.
 
"Don't cry, I dont want this to be the last thing I want to see before I go.." Siwon brushed a strand of hair of his lover's forehead before bending down to place a long, loving kiss, "I love you, so so so much.."
 
"I'll miss you so much."
 
"So will I."
 
**
 
Kyuhyun fished for the house key, fumbling to find it in his wollen pocket as he dared himself not to look up. But as soon as he did, his gaze was averted to a tall figure, leaning by the doorway, arms opened wide. Kyuhyun immediately ran into the arms of the man, nuzzling his pale face into the crook of his neck, inhaling the beloved scent. 
 
Kyuhyun sobbed, tears streaming down uncontrollably, as they rocked gently in their tight embrace. Siwon simply smiled before hugging the younger even tighter, nuzzling his nose in his boyfriend's silky locks. He smiled warmly, as he closed his eyes, enjoying their sweet, intimate moment.
 
"I'm back."
 
 
 
~end~