start (i)

☾ To The Moon ☽

 

OTL. How long did that take me to write?!

Okay, enjoy the chapter.

Word Count: 4,459

In truth, I didn't want to release this chapter.

I wanted to make it complete, then release it. 

But then someone subscribed to it.. so, I posted this chapter.

ELFantasyhand, thank you getting interested in this story, this chapter is for you.

[UPDATED!!}

NNC is going to be on a hiatus.

More info here: click!


ost.

(part one)

"So, who's our patient again?" Baekhyun asked his partner, Yixing. He was still busily dragging all the equipment needed.

"I don't know. This old guy. Had a wife" he replies, not really looking at him.

"What's wrong with him?" He asks again.

"Other than the fact that he's dying"

They were walking around the woods. The man lives in an old house in the woods, near the sea.

"He's dying, from cancer, stage three" Yixing replies, leading him onwards. Baekhyun suddenly notices a big grand house, with a lighthouse at the back; the house stands on a cliff and overlooks the sea.

Once they reach the house, Yixing knocks on the door.

"Hello? Anybody there?" He asks, peeking in. The doors swing open suddenly, and two little children stood at the door.

"Mom~ they're here!" the little girl calls out. Immediately, a petite middle-aged woman came. The children disappear as their mother comes.

"Yes? Ah! You must be the people from Last Wishes Co.!" She cried happily. Leading them in, she continues to rant.

"Hyunjin has been waiting such a long time to meet you! Every since he found about his well.. Condition" She spun suddenly around.

"Ah well, my name is Kyung. My children's name are Ryunim and Hongsik" Kyung introduces herself. Her eyes land on Baekhyun and the equipment in his hands. A look of doubt passes her face.

"So.. how is this supposed to work again?" She asks hastily.

"Er.. how about we talk about this later? At Hyunjin's room? Baekhyun here has been holding that equipment for along time now" Yixing says, slapping Baekhyun's back.

Kyung leads the duo through the living room, two children seen avidly playing the piano. She walks on forth, passing rooms and climbing up a narrow stairway. Yixing follow after, with Baekhyun lagging behind.

Upon stepping on the top landing, they were immediately escorted towards a room. Entering it, they were met with an old, man. The man was connected to tubes and cords. He was looking quite tired. A soft beeping echoed through out the room.

"Ah, Hyunjin-ahjussi, these people are here to help you" Kyung voice turned soft, and she slowly made her way towards him.

 Slowly, Baekhyun and Yixing entered the room. Hyunjin-ahjussi slowly glanced at them, and smiled warmly.

"Ah, So these are the people going to help me reach my dreams" he said, still smiling.

"Ne, Anyeong haseyo, Yixing-iminda" Yixing said, bowing politely.

"Anyeong haseyo, Baekhyun-iminda" Baekhyun followed suit, slowly planking the equipment on a nearby chair.

"So, mind telling me how this thing works?" Kyung asks Baekhyun. 

"Ah, yes! So this machine here," he says, patting the machine, "accesses your brain's memories, and alter them, so that you die achieving your dream" Baekhyun finishes. He smiles awkwardly as Kyung makes an 'Oh' face.

"Baekhyun-ah, could you please place the machine on this desk?" Yixing calls over to Baekhyun while cleaning up the desk. 

"Okay" Baekhyun says while pulling the machine over to Yixing. He places it on the table with a loud BANG! Yixing glares at him, while Baekhyun rubs his neck sheepishly.

"Hyunjin-ahjussi, do you need a drink?" Kyung approaches the now awake Hyunjin-ahjussi. 

"Yes please," Hyunjin croaks forcefully. Kyung hurriedly walks towards the stairs, before having Yixing stop her.

"How about Baekhyun accompany you get the drink? I'll stay here and set up the machine", Yixing persuades her. Kyung nods hurriedly, quickly making her way past him. Baekhyun follows slowly behind.

They slowly descend the old, creaky staircases. The rich colored velvet lining the steps worn out, faded, the handles by the sides creaking and dusty.

Upon landing on the very last steps, Kyung turns around to meet Baekhyun, and watches as he lugs down the stairs.

"Baekhyun-sshi, I will go get the water" she says, not really instructing him on what to do. As Kyung left, Baekhyun snapped out of his daze, for some reason, he haven't been focusing on anything since he arrived in the house.

Softly, the distinct sound of the piano was heard. Baekhyun listened to the song, nodding his head to the music. Walking towards the source, he sees two children vividly playing the piano. Judging by the body shape, one is a girl and the other a boy.

Baekhyun walks on, not focusing on where he is going. "SQUEAK" a loud squeak resounded, making the children turn. Rubbing his neck sheepishly, He walks forward, introducing himself to the children.

"Are you here to help Hyunjin Ahjussi?" the younger of the two, the boy asked.

Baekhyun bended down to his level, "Yes, I'm here to help Hyunjin-ahjussi" he replied.

"What's your name? My name's Baekhyun" 

"My name is Hyunsik, that's my sister, Ryunhee" Hyunsik replied.

"Hey there. Does your Omma know allot about Hyunjin-ahjussi?" Baekhyun suddenly asks.

"Ani. Omma doesn't know anything about Hyunjin-ahjussi" Ryunhee replies. Baekhyun's face falls, disappointed and troubled.

"But we do!" Hyunsik excitedly says. Baekhyun looks up, "Well, we rarely visit him, but..." Hyunsik shoots Ryunhee a sly look, one which she replies.

"H-h-how do you know?" Baekhyun hastily asks. he didn't like the look on the sibling's face at all. Grinning slyly, Ryunhee holds Hyunsik's hand, pulling him away. "Follow us!" she shouts.

Hesitantly, Baekhyun follows, leaving behind all his doubt and putting all his trust into the children.