1/1

Boy and the ghost;

 

+++

 

It was a cold December night, the streets where empty except for a little boy who was walking down a dark street. A light cone here and there but no lights where coming from the houses. One could've gotten the idea that no one lived here but there, right at the end of the street was a mansion, sending out rays of light and warmth. The mansion was the home of the boy, he was not older then elven or twelve maybe, thin and shivering from the freezing cold wind that blew.

 

He blew hot air in his hands, desperately trying to warm his frozen hands at least a little. His eyes lightened up the tiniest bit when he saw the light. He ran the last bit despite the cold air, his hunger and his sleepiness. Once he was at the huge door he rang the bell and waited but no one would open the door. He pressed his tiny body against the massive wooden door but it wouldn't move at all. They locked the door.

 

He called for someone to open the door but he wasn't heard. His voice too quiet and too thin to be recognized by the people inside the mansion.
The lights went out and hot tears streamed down his frozen face. His parents forgot about him. He rubbed his arms in another attempt to warm his small body a bit without success. He called again for his mother, for his father but there was no one to answer.

 

Slowly he got down on his knees, curling up into a ball in front of the door. Shivering he remembered the big family dinners and the constant fights between his parents. His eyes were burning from his tears and the coldness surrounding him. He eventually closed them.

 

He walked to the mansion and knocked at the door. His mother opened the door with a kind smile on her lips but it wasn't reaching her eyes. The boy got into the house, warming himself in front of the old fireplace in the living room.
Slowly he felt his hands getting warmer and he felt more comfortable. He turned around and asked his father for a toy, a bright smile gracing his lips, his eyes sparkling.

 

The man in the armchair scolded the boy, hit him and left him. And just as his father left the room, the fire went out.
The voices of his parents vanished.
The walls became dark and some stones crumbled down on the wooden floor.
The house was freezing cold and what first seemed like a nice memory became a frightening nightmare.

 

The boy tried to open his eyes but the snow and the cold wind wouldn't allow him to do so. He wasn't able to move his body. He told himself to wake up but his body didn't listen to him.
He tried to call for someone again but nothing would come out of his trembling lips.

 

Only then, when the boy nearly gave up on his life, he heard a soft voice. He didn't know who that voice belonged to. It was a very melodic, yes, almost angelic voice. It had a pleasant tone and the boy was sure that this voice wasn't going to hurt him.
The boy listened to the voice and to the footsteps that came nearer. He wasn't going to die here.

 

A small almost not noticeable smile graced his cold lips, his eyes remained closed. He was scared, that if he opened his eyes, the voice would be gone and it was only a dream.
Only once in his short life he wanted to experience kindness.
Only once did he want to meet someone with a gentle heart, who'd lead him through the dark when there was nowhere left to fall. Nowhere left to hide from his loneliness.

 

A warm, gentle hand touched his cold frozen cheek and he heard the angelic voice again. Clearly. He understood every word the person said.
Judging from the sound of his voice the other person was male but not much older then the boy.

 

My name is Luhan. Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. I'll lead you to a better place where it's warm and you'll be loved.”

 

The boy screamed 'yes' in his head. Oh how much he wanted to be far away from here but nothing came out of his mouth.
A warm smile was placed on Luhan's lips and he pulled the boy up on his feet.

 

I'll take you to where I live, Yixing. Don't be afraid.”

 

And with that the boy and the angel vanished into the night sky.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

24th December 2002

Zhang Yixing (11) was found dead on the door steps of his parents house.
His lights went out.

 

+++

 

 

 

a/n: Weeehw. Actually I never thought I could write something like that. And yes, this story is set back in 2002 because it matches his real age.

Comments and silent readers are loved. ♥