Chapter 1 - Do You Want A Date?

I Think I Love You

[Playlist: 1 2]

"Ahhh unnie that's mine! Why did you eat it?" Hyuna whines. 
"There's no your name stated here, Hyuna." Jiyoon continues eating the kimchi ramen. 
"Jihyun unnie! Look at Jiyoon. She eats my food again." Hyuna complains to Jihyun. 
 
"Aigoo, these kids! Again. Fighting about food. I don't know what to do anymore." Jihyun replied. 
"Kids, I'm leaving for my class. Make sure everything is okay when I get back home later. Don't fight and make sure you do your homeworks. Bye.” Jihyun leaves for her art class. 
 
Instead of rushing to her class, Jihyun goes to a nearby cafe that she and the girls frequently visit. As usual, she orders a cup of caramel macchiato. While waiting for her drinks, she sits at the corner of the cafe and takes out her phone to check her mails. 
 
Suddenly, a gentle voice can be heard calling her name. 
"Jihyun-ah. What are you doing here?" Minjun approach her. 
 
"What do you think oppa? I'm here to make profit for your business of course." Jihyun answers jokingly. 
 
"Aren't you supposed to be in your class right now?" Minjun asks while cleaning the table besides her. 
 
"I'll leave after I get my drinks. It's not like the lecturer will be in the class when I go in. She always late anyway."
 
"Oh really? It's great then. I have something to talk with you." Minjun sits opposite her. 
 
The waiter gives Jihyun her drinks. Jihyun accepts it with a thank you and smile. She takes a sip of the drinks and tries to act normal but she just stares at the table because she's afraid she might get caught by him. 
 
What is this? Why did he look at me like that?  Jihyun thought nervously. 
 
"Jihyun-ah. Do you want a date?" Minjun asks. 
 
"Wh-what?" 
* * * * *
 
"Let's break up." Hyungshik says to her girlfriend or soon to be ex-girlfriend. 
 
"Excuse me! What nonsense are you talking about? Did I make mistakes? We're in love, aren't we? How could you do--- Before she could finish her sentence he cuts her. 
 
"You love my money, not me. Like other girls, you didn't see my as your boyfriend that you could love sincerely. Instead you see me as your sources of money and a guy that you can brag to your friends." He paused. "A girl like you... isn't my type. You know, you are the type of girl that I hate the most." He continues before leaving the scene.
 
Locking his hands in the pockets, he walks at the street with no destination.
He's sad. He's lonely. Even though this is what he wishes for, he feels so lonely. He has nobody that could make him feels better. The only think that could heal his heart right now is none other than a cup of coffee.
 
Hyungshik stands in front of the cafe owns by his favourite hyung, the Panda Cafe. He steps into the cafe and order a cup of warm Americano. He looks around the cafe just like it's his first time being there. Then, he spots Minjun who's seen talking to a girl. Minjun sees him too. Hyungshik doesn’t want to interrupt them so he just gives a bow to him and smile. Minjun replies with a hi-hand-gesture.
 
"Sir, here's your Americano. Enjoy it and thank you." The waiter passes him the drinks and gives him a warm smile. He smiles back. At least, he feels better now that someone gives him a warm feeling.
 
Ring. Ring
 
Hyungshik phone starts ringing. 'Dongjun' appears on the screen. 
 
"Hello." He picks up the call with a slow tone voice showing how he feels right now. 
 
"Hyungshik! I need your help! This is between life and death!" Dongjun asks Hyungshik aggressively. 
 
"Wait. I'll be at home in a few minutes. Let's talk later." He hung up the call without saying goodbye.
 
* * * * *
 
Date? He asks me for a date. OMG. Is this a dream? No, this is not a dream. I'm sure. Look! Everything I see right now is solid. I can touch them. This is not a dream. Jihyun convinces herself that this is a reality. Her mind start imagining sweet things she could do with him. 
 
"Jihyun. Do you hear me?" Minjun pats the table and brings her back to reality. 
"I said do you want to go for a blind date?"
 
"Huh. B-blind d-date?" Jihyun stutters on her words. Disbelief. 
 
"Yes. My friend's friend is looking for a blind date. He asks for my help and the first person that comes to my mind is you. He said his friend is really good looking and nice which is really good f--"

"I'm sorry, oppa. I'm late for class. I should head to my class now." Jihyun quickly stands up and tries to leave the conversation. 

Minjun stops her and tells her they should continue the conversation after she finishes her class later. She replies with a 'yes' hesitantly and leaves the cafe. 

Jihyun couldn't focus in the class as she keeps thinking about the conversation with Minjun just now.
 
몰라. 몰라. 몰라. 몰라.
 
She scribbles on her notebook while having serious conversation in her mind. 

What? Blind date? What does he thinks of me? Why did he wants me to be someone else girlfriend? Why he doesn't want to make me his girlfriend? Am I not good enough for him...
 
Many questions pop out from her mind.
 
* * * * *
 
"I'm home." Hyungshik sits on the couch at the living hall, grabs the remote and surfs over to Channel SBS. He just stares blankly on the television. Soon, Dongjun comes from his room.
 
"Hyungshik! You have to help me this time! You have to replace me." Dongjun tries to plead Hyungshik with a massage on his shoulder. 
 
"Yah! I'm fine, you don't need to do this. It's not like I'm an ahjussi or something. It won't works on me." Hyungshik stops Dongjun. 
 
"Alright. I won't do it again. But... you really need to help me. Please." Dongjun asks him with a pitiful face. 
 
"I'll consider it."
 
"Replace me for a blind date." Dongjun says with no doubt. 
 
"Are you crazy? Why should I do that? I'm not doing it, sorry." Hyungshik changes the channel to a music program. 
 
A girl group is performing their innocent-concept song wearing pure white dress that makes them look like a fairy. 
 
"Hyungshik... you want a girlfriend like one of these girls, aren't you? The girl set for the blind date is a fairy. An angel I told you. You'll be happy with her." Dongjun tries to convince him. 
 
"What nonsense are you talking about? What will happen to my girlfriend then? Hyungshik restrains himself from falling to Dongjun's trap. 
 
"Yah! You just broke up don't you? It's not like I know you yesterday. I know you for years already. You can't hide anything from me. Every single thing happen to you, I know." Dongjun brags to Hyungshik about their relationship. 
 
It's true. They have known each other for a long time. They are like brothers now. They have no secrets lies between them. 
 
"Ahhhh! I can't believe this? What are you actually? Are you a spy?" Hyungshik rubs his head with his fingers.
 
"That's why you have to help me. Next time I'll help you. Promise!" Dongjun offers his pinky finger. 

“Why should I?" Hyungshik ignores the finger and continue watching the music program. 

"Actually, I ask for a blind date from my friend but he sets me with a kind girl, you know, the fairy-like-girl. That kind of girl is not my type but we all know she's your type." Dongjun explains to Hyungshik. 
 
Hyungshik gives a long sigh.
 
"This will be the first and last time I help you."
 
"Yes!" 
 
"But you have to treat me dinner for a few days." Hyungshik tries to make a deal with Dongjun, giving an evil smile. 
 
"Treat? Dinner?" Dongjun hesitates. He eats a lot. "Of course." Dongjun replies with a bitter smile. 
 
"So tell me the details." Hyungshik asks Dongjun. 

* * * * *

Nobody at home when Jihyun comeback from her class. 
 
"The girls must be playing around without me again." Jihyun makes a prediction.
 
She checks her phone to see if the girls had left her a message telling her their whereabouts. Her prediction is right. 

Unnie, we are going to a mall for a while. We'll be back after dinner so you don't have to tire yourself preparing our dinner. Annyeong~ :3

She drops her phone on the bed to change her clothes. Suddenly, her phone starts ringing. Minjun is calling her. 
 
Sigh. Can I just ignore him for this time? 
 
"Hello." She picks up the call anyhow. 

"Jihyun-ah. Remember what we talk about this morning? What do you think?" Minjun asks her. 
 
"I don't know oppa. I'll think about it and tell you later. "
 
"It's okay. Take your time. I'm not forcing you. Have a great thinking okay. Give me your answer tomorrow."

"Okay. Goodbye oppa."
 
"Bye." Minjun hung up the call.
 
Jihyun composes a text message to the girls. 
 
Girls, get home early. I need you guys right now T.T
 
After she's done with the chores and had a simple dinner, Jihyun sits to watch her favourite show on television. A loud voice can be heard from outside of the house and Jihyun knows the girls are back. 
 
"Jiyoon-unnie, that food we ate is really delicious, isn't it? Waaaahhh! I can still remember the taste. We should eat at the restaurant again." Sohyun suggests. 

The house suddenly gets noisy now that all the girls are home. 

Gayoon approach Jihyun. "Unnie, do you have something to say?"
 
"You know, Minjun asks me for a blind date."
Within five seconds, all of them sit in a circle with Jihyun at the center.
 
"Blind date? Minjun-oppa?" Gayoon gets confused. 
 
"Wait. Blind date, so it's not a date with him but with someone else?" Jiyoon also gets into the confusion.
 
"It must be nice to have a date. I'm jealous." Sohyun throws her thinking but gets a shout from the girls. All of them know that Jihyun has a crush on Minjun and they had keep this secret from him. 

"Unnie, you should have confess to him that you like him and you don't want to date anyone except him." Hyuna gives a piece of advice to Jihyun. 
 
"I can't. I just can't. I'm afraid we'll get awkward if he rejects me. We've been friends for a long time and I think it's just not right for me to ask him to be mine." Jihyun express her feeling. 
 
Jihyun's phone starts ringing and it's Minjun who's calling her. 
 
"What should I do?" Jihyun asks the girls. 
"Just pick up the call and tell him everything." Hyuna suggests. 
 
Jihyun clears . 
"Hello." Jihyun turns on the loudspeaker so the girls can hear it too. 
 
"Jihyun-ah. I'm sorry for calling you at this time. My friends keep asking me either you will go for the blind date or not. Are you going?"
 
"What should I say?" Jihyun asks them with a slow voice so that Minjun can't hear them. 
 
"Just tell him you are going." Jiyoon tells Jihyun while enjoying the snacks with Sohyun that they bought earlier. 
 
"Oh oppa..." Jihyun stops. Her mind gets blank. She doesn’t know what decision she should make right now. 
"I will. The blind date, I'm going.” she then continues. She bites her nails. 

Aaahhh. What should I do?
 
"Really? It's great then. Thank you, Jihyun. I'll treat you a meal. And I will text you the details later."
 
"Okay."
One word is enough to show how she feels right now but Minjun is too grateful that he didn't notice it. 
 
They end their conversation. 
 
"It's okay unnie. Who knows this guy might be better than oppa." Gayoon tries to comfort Jihyun. 
 
"Right, we will help you unnie. Don't be too sad. Take this as an opportunity to know how it feels to be on a date." Jiyoon continues with the mission of comforting Jihyun. 

"And it's your first date so you should do your best." Sohyun continues. 
 
"However, from this moment you should stop thinking about oppa. You should be only thinking about the blind date and maybe the guy." Hyuna says. 
 
"Hyuna is right. Maybe you could falls for the guy and have your first love. Oppa will be happy for you. You can hear how happy he is when you agreed.” Jiyoon says with a mouthful of the snacks. 
 
Later, a text message from Minjun arrives in Jihyun inbox. 
 
-----END OF CHAPTER-----

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello, how you doing? So here's the first chapter of my first fanfic. There are some parts that I think doesn't make sense but I ignore it because I'm lacking of ideas. I think there a lot of grammar mistakes and I think this chapter is too long. It seems like I drag the story too much (or maybe not?). Tell me your opinions on this chapter because it will helps me a lot. and maybe you can throw some ideas for the next chapter?