First Encounter

The Second Sano

Well, I'm finally settled in to my new life. Although at first, i was afraid of how i would be able to cope, the process is going quite smoothly. The scenery is beautiful and its a lot less crowded than the main island. Hokkaido's forestry and agriculture is so predominant I feel as though I am in old Japan. Even after the long 12 hour ride from Japan, i felt quite refreshed getting off the train. The air is so clear that it makes my nose tickle. Even though its summer, I don't feel sticky or extremely hot like i usually do when I go outside in Tokyo. I heard that the winters are brutal, but i bought an extra coat just in case.

Anyways, after we all dropped off our boxes at the new house, my sister felt we should go see the shop. My sister is the only parent I've ever known. our parents died when we were younger and since my sister was of age at the time, she has taken care of me ever since then. Our only other living relative is our aunt who lives here in Sapporo. Since she is starting to get very old, she felt it was best to pass down her shop to my sister. With it being well-off, my sister agreed and that's how we are here today. We decided to take a bus to the shop rather than walking since we were a little tired.

"Mi-chan (although she is older, she still allows me to call her that), I'm glad that we came, I have a good feeling about this place."

She looked at me and gave me a simple smile, "I'm glad you like it. since its still summer, try to make friends so that you wont feel lonely when school starts."

Shoot, i forgot that i was going to a new school. I have never been the social type that was good at making friends. I was kinda tall and I didn't really care about being cute or having the most friends. When I left my old school, there wasn't really anyone i would have considered to be unforgettable. Don't get me wrong, I had friends and had boys attracted to me; but never anything serious. The main issue of me having no parents seemed to make kids stray away from me.  In my mind, if someone can't accept you for who you are, then they don't deserve to get to know you.

"I know what you're thinking Mika, and at least TRY to be social. I can't have my teenage sister go through high school without having a REAL boyfriend and some REAL friends."

My sister always knew me best when it came to those things. I've always tried to follow her rules, so I guess i will try.

-

After we reached the shop, we both realized that our aunt was correct. This shop was very popular. People seemed to be in almost every seat and the line of the cash register had at least 5 people. The location seemed to be perfectly placed between many clothing stores and was down the road from what appeared to be 2 different schools. Our aunt had made herself a good business and it''s quite an honor to think she wants to pass it down to us. As we entered the shop, auntie recognized us immediately.

"AH! Michi, Mika... I've been waiting for you. OH its so good to see you." She pushed past all the people and came towards us with welcoming arms that wanted a hug. We both got into her squeezing hug and tried to hold our embarrassment.

"Ahh Auntie, it's so good to see you. Thank you for offering us to come stay and join you on your business, we are deeply honored.." Before my sister could complete her gratitude, auntie shushed her and pulled us toward the back of the shop.

"Oh hush with your thank yous. You two are family and I'm sorry i couldn't bring you all sooner. I was dealing with my own health issues and i didn't want you  to see me like that. But, here you are now, and i am now ready to pass down my life's work." My auntie held both of our hands and started to get teary eyed. She would have started crying if it wasn't for the ruckus outside.

"PSHHAKK." Glass had seem to fallen outside from one of the back tables. Auntie instantly cleaned up her face and headed back out to the front of the shop.

"WHAT WAS THAT? Was that you again Hiro? How many time have I told you about that! Next time you are paying for those dang glasses." It was shocking to see how drastic auntie's attitude changed just by something like that.

"Mina, ahh get away from the cash register and help Hiro pick that up." Mina, the cash register girl, looked around the same age as me but much more fragile and very pretty.

"But, but, what about the cash register? All these customers are waiting..." Mina seemed to indecisive about whether she should listen to Auntie or keep doing her work.

"You heard me girl, get over her.. Mika. Mika can you work a cash register?" At first i was quite surprised. I had only been here for a mere 10 minutes and auntie was already acting like I was a part of the business.

" Mika? Mika?" My sister had to nudge me for me to come back to reality. "Ughh.. Oh Yeah. i know how to work one." I moved towards the cash register were Mina was and took her position. As she passed me the ticket of one of the customers, she gave me a warmly smile. I think i may have made a friend like Mi-chan wanted.

Since i had done a part time job last summer at a resident cafe in Tokyo, I knew the cash register like the back of my hand. It took no time for me to get the customers their orders and payments. After Mina had finished with helping Hiro with the glasses, auntie decided to make her do another job since I was doing so well at the cash register. Mi-chan was sent to the back and Auntie showed her all the paper work and tried to get started on her training of the business. Even with this being our first day in Hokkaido, i mean Sapporo, we had already been thrown into what life would be like.

2 hours have passed and the customers started to slowly come in. I was starting to feel the tiredness from the train ride. as the next customer came up, i just couldn't contain the yawn that was going to come out.

"yahhhh" My mouth was wider than i thought it would get, but i just couldn't stop it. By the time it was done, my hand didn't get there fast enough to cover.

"Excuse me, don't mean to interrupt your BREAK, but can i get my order." Wow, during my whole time here, I never heard one hint of an attitude. This customer was the first.

"I'm terribly sorry, what is it that you want?" I tried to put on my best smile and look the customer in the eye. He wasn't looking at me but I could tell he was handsome.

"Well, i would like blueberry muffin and a banana smoothie." he still wouldn't look at me and I was finding it quite rude. Even if I am new and did yawn, there is no need for rudeness.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you. How about you look at me when you say that." I put on a side smirk and tilted my head to the side.

This seemed to work because he looked directly at me. As his eyes met mine, I fully saw how handsome he was. Nice bone structure and his body was well built like an athlete. With the more acceptable position, i straightened my head and put a happier smile on my face.

"Now what was that again? a muffin and a smoothie? Okay, that'll be right up." I turned around and started to get his order. From the corner of my eye, i realized he hadn't moved. He was still standing there staring at me as I was getting his order. Even after i had come back and gotten his payment, he consistently stared.

"Okay, here is your change, have a nice day." i closed the cash register and started to lean on the counter next to the register. The customer instead of leaving, just sat down at the table in the back of the shop. He seemed to look confused because he looked as though he wanted to say something, but not know what to say. I just ignored and decided to go to the back of the shop and tell auntie about my tiredness. On my way to the back, Mina stopped me and said hello. I found out that she was my age and that we would be going to the same school (Mi-chan will be happy when i tell her this).

"Mika, do you know who that is?" She slightly pointed to my confused past customer in the back.

"No, do I need to know him?" I was honestly curious why she would ask me about him.

"OH Noo. Just wondering..." She walked away toward the register and started to giggle a little. I don't understand what is funny, but maybe I'm too tired understand. As I made my way to the back of the shop, I heard the entrance door open, and the confused customer leaving very swiftly.

"Whoever you are, we might meet again.."


Okays so this is the first..... i needed to just write this out before it left me. Hopefully you enjoy it and subscribe. :)

Hana kimi still has a special place in my heart

I would love comments so don't be afraid. xD