Final

Open Arms

 

“UGH!” Kyungsoo grunted as he plopped his weary body on the couch. He tiredly slipped off his shoes and loosened his blue tie. His shiny black shoes fell to the carpet and he flipped onto his back. For years now, Kyungsoo has been working in the huge skyscrapers located in Seoul. All day, he files away papers and writes up insurance claims due angry rich car owners. His mind and body is totally exhausted, even though he sits in a cubicle all day. Turning on the TV, he lazily spaces out trying to relax before fixing something for dinner.

“Yah, Kyungsoo-ah, do you want me to bring you back something for dinner?” it was Baekhyun, his roommate sharing the apartment. “Chanyeol is taking me out to this new steakhouse that just opened last night. Do you want anything?”

“Nah, I’m fine. Thank you though.” He wearily gives Baekhyun a smile.

“Take it easy then, I’ll be back later. Don’t wait up for me.” Baekhyun waves and closes the door behind him. Kyungsoo immediately drops the smile and closes his eyes. His schedule mainly consists of work, from 9 am to 7pm at night. At least they pay me well. He thought to himself before rolling off the couch to make dinner.

Every day, every night I am missing you~”Kyungsoo sang to himself as he plopped down to eat the eggs he quickly fried. Shoveling food into his mouth, there was a knock at the door. “I wonder who that could be.” He muttered to himself, giving his plate a lingering glance before heading towards the door.

“Hi, y-your friend ordered you some pizza. Uh- here you go.” The pizza delivery boy gave him an awkward smile and shoved the warm box in Kyungsoo’s open arms. “But it will be $12 exact please.”

“Wh-what?” His eyes grew larger and internally panicked. “Hold on, I’ll be right back.” Kyungsoo dashed off to his bed room, trying to find some cash to pay the boy with. Opening his night stand, he was greeted with his personal journal and some candy wrappers. He bit his lip and placed his hands on his hips. Walking back out, he saw that the boy had entered and sat in the kitchen currently eating his eggs. “Y-yah! What are you doing?” Kyungsoo pointed to his now empty plate.

“Oh, I forgot to mention. He already paid for the pizza and for me to keep you company for the night.” The pizza boy said before flashing him a smile.

“Wh-what?” He stuttered and took a step back. “I-I don’t have time for this. I have to eat and then read then sleep. I have to work tomorrow.” The pizza boy shrugged and got up to place the dishes in the sink.

“Eh, he paid me, and you were my last delivery for the night.” He yawned and walked into the living room. The pizza boy sat on the couch and closed his eyes, lips parted as if he was in deep sleep. Kyungsoo timidly walked over and jabbed him with his foot.

“Wake up and get out of my place please.” Getting no response, Kyungsoo came closer and poked him with his finger. “Yah, get up.”

“No,” The pizza boy pouted and opened his eyes a crack before pulling Kyungsoo into his arms. “I’m not allowed to leave until your friend comes back home. Now relax, we can just sleep here until then.” Kyungsoo struggled to get up, but his hold was just too strong.

“Aish, let me go!” Kyungsoo shouted, letting his anger take over. “I have to sleep in my bed. I have to work tomorrow!”

“Blah, blah, blah. Why do you keep talking about work?” Kai finally let him go, and Kyungsoo crashed onto the floor.

“It’s how I pay for the bills.” He said while rubbing his knees.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Sorry for yelling at you a while ago.” There was a silent pause before he realized that the pizza boy had fallen asleep. “Wow, so much for keeping me company.” Kyungsoo mumbled and got up.

“Do you guys have a bathroom I could possibly use?”

Startled, Kyungsoo clutched at his chest and stared at the pizza boy whom he thought was fast asleep. “A-Ah, yes. First door on your left.” He meekly pointed in the direction. The pizza boy sleepily rubbed his eyes and Kyungsoo could see the bags that had accumulated underneath it. A blush appeared on his cheeks as his stomach growled for some food. “Alright, alright. I’ll just eat a slice before bed then.” He patted it and went into the kitchen to eat.

 

“Hey, your bath is ready. Go wash up, I’ll take care of the mess here.” The pizza boy came back and leaned against the door frame, his sleeves rolled up.

“Bath?” Kyungsoo asked, in the middle of taking a bite out of his 3rd slice.

“Yes, bath. Now go.” He walked over and pushed Kyungsoo in the direction of the bathroom.

Swallowing the last few bites, he smiles to himself before closing the door behind him. It smelled like lavender in the bathroom, steam rolling off the water. “Ah, okay just for a bit.” He stripped himself of his clothes and slipped into the warm bath.

 

“Thanks,” Kyungsoo mumbled as he shyly rubbed the back of his neck. The pizza boy was resting on the couch and had his head titled back on the edge of the armrest. Kyungsoo’s body was relaxed from the bath and he immediately went into the closet to grab some blankets after realizing that he was asleep. “Sleep well.” He muttered while tucking the pizza boy gently in. Kyungsoo softly smiled to himself as he let his eyes remain focused on his face. “You’re pretty cute for a delivery guy.” He said and couldn’t resist the gravitational pull he felt towards him.

“I know.” The pizza boy opened his eyes and caught Kyungsoo in the act of staring at him. Giving him a smile, Kyungsoo fell to the floor in surprise.
 

“Y-you’re still awake?” He stuttered.

“I’m a light sleeper. And you can call me Kai instead of delivery guy.”

Kyungsoo bit his bottom lip and gave him a shy smile. “Sorry, I didn’t know your name… mine is Kyungsoo by the way.”

“Kyungsoo? I like it.” Kai mumbled before returning the smile. “So are you going to sleep or not?”

“Ah- yes. I was just about to … but I got distracted.”

Kai opened the blanket and spread out his arms. “There’s room enough for both of us.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I-I don’t do skinship.”

“And why’s that?”

“I-I just never had the time to.”

Kai chuckled, “Come on then.”

Kyungsoo nervously got up and Kai had to pull him into his open arms. “There much better.” He mumbled into the top of Kyungsoo’s head. He was snuggled into Kai’s built chest and let out a sigh. “So let’s start out with what our hobbies are. I’ll go first. Well, my hobbies are dancing. Not just any type of dancing, but jazz and ballet. You see….” Kyungsoo slowly fell asleep to Kai’s deep voice rumbling in his chest.

“… Kyungsoo?” He looked down and saw that he was asleep. “I guess this is goodnight then.” And placed a kiss on his head. “We can always continue this talk tomorrow night.” Kai muttered before falling asleep himself.