[Final]

In love with a Pirate

It wasn't easy being in love with a pirate, especially the Pirate King; Captain Zico. Zico wasn't human after all, he was a water spirit; immortal of course, and had incredible powers over water. Jihoon's life had never been easy, his father was never there and his mother was a e. He had had no one in he truly cared about in his life until he met Zico while he was walking along the beach as a child.

 

***Flashback***

 

Jihoon was about 12 years old when he first met the immortal Pirate King. He'd been an adventurous boy, always had been and always would. He loved travelling around Seoul although he'd never been to many places apart from Hongdae which was where he'd been born. Anyway, while he was collecting seashells along the beach he noticed a shadow looming above him and his jaw dropped when he looked up and found a real pirate ship towering above him.

"Hey little kid. Whatcha doin?" a voice came from the ship before a young teenager, appearing to be around about 17 or 18 swung down in front of Jihoon on a rope. Jihoon stared for a moment before telling the stranger that he was collecting shells.

 

The two continued talking about nonsense like, why cheese is yellow and why shells were called shells before the moon began to rise and the pirate had to leave.

"I have to go now kid. I'll see you next year maybe." the pirate said before boarding his ship once again.

"What do you mean next year?" Jihoon called out after him, puzzled. "I want to see you again really soon!"

"I'm a water spirit. I can only step foot on land once a year." the pirate replied. "and my name is Zico. Pirate King Captain Zico. But my real name is Jiho so you can call me that if you want." Zico replied, laughing, before waving down at Jihoon and sailing away; leaving a lonely boy who'd just lost his only friend.

 

***End Of Flashback***

 

But that was of course, roughly 4 years ago when they first met. They were friends for about 2 years before Jihoon finally realised that even though he'd only seen Zico twice, although they kept in touch through texts and letters, he was deeply in love with him. However, since Zico was only able to step on land once a year, Jihoon had close to no chance of ever being able to confess romantically. So he had no choice, he had to text Zico.

(red = Zico, green = Jihoon)

 

*Zico. I have something I need to tell you.*

 

*Oh. Hi Jihoonnie~ What is it?*

 

*I like...um…*

 

*What is it silly? :P*

 

*Zico, I-I like you. More than as a friend.*

 

*You're not messing with me are you?*

 

*No. But I understand if you decide to stop being friends with me*

 

*I do want to stop being friends with you.*

 

*O-oh. Ok-kay.*

 

*I meant: I like you more than as a friend too. I want to be your boyfriend~ <3*

 

*Really? :)*

 

"Yes. I mean it." a voice said from behind Jihoon, he whirled around and grinned crazily at Zico standing behind him. Zico smiled back and ran to embrace him in a tight hug.

 

But that was also a few years ago; back when Jihoon was still human. They couple had gotten frustrated about only seeing each other once a year so Zico went to try and find something that would be able to turn Jihoon into a water spirit like him. Eventually, he found a potion that would do the job on one condition; that Jihoon is bound to one person for the rest of his immortal life. The two of them were of course overjoyed with that as they would finally be able to be together forever. They never wanted to be apart and this way, they never ever would.

 

The end~ <3