Payback

My Choding Husband

 

“Yaa, Lee SungYeol!!!” I cried, frustrated with my choding husband. Yes, I'm married to Infinite's Lee SungYeol. We've been married for five months and I've never had a single peaceful day all those 152 days.

 

Sure, it was fine that he pulled pranks now and then while we were still dating, I found it to be cute. But ever since I've been living and breathing in the same house as him, I was his main prank victim! Except when he's busy, he never misses a chance to get on my nerves. He tricks me every minute – heck, every second that we spend together.

 

When he proposed to me, I thought he would change since he was becoming someone's husband and all. But nope, he didn't change one bit. It was as if our marriage was just something he thought appropriate for us because he wanted to be with me forever. Why did I agree to marry this choding? Well, let's just say that I got too excited at the thought of getting married that I agreed right away. So we were both to blame for acting too hastily on something as serious as marriage.

 

But we can't do anything to change that now. We're married and we should carry out our responsibilities like any other married couple would, right? Ani. A SungYeol doesn't work that way, he thinks everything is all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then he gets serious.

 

Unfortunately, his pranks have never hurt me so I couldn't do anything to stop him. But I couldn't take it anymore, I've been patient with him for too long and this was the last straw.

 

“Ne~ chagiya, what's wrong?” he popped his messy head into the bathroom, and struggled to keep himself from laughing.

 

“Someone replaced the toothpaste with chocolate.” I stated, staring at him and his bird nest hair. As much as I love him, I just wish I could chop it all off.

 

“I wonder who that someone is~” he sang ridiculously, his laughter spilling through his white teeth.

 

“Yaa!” I shouted, threatening to throw the tube of toothpaste at his cute face.

 

He flinched but just laughed when he saw my teeth. “Chagiya, you have a bit of chocolate there..” he clamped his mouth shut when I gave him a glare as he wiped off a bit of chocolate from my lips. “Aigoo, you actually have chocolate all over your teeth!”

 

“Yaa!” I yelled again and saw how stupid I looked with my chocolatey teeth and angry face in the bathroom mirror.

 

“Yaa, how can you shout like that at your husband?” SungYeol pouted and offered to help me get the chocolate off my lips by giving me a sweet kiss. But I guess the sweetness was from all the chocolate.

 

It was moments like this that made the anger melt away. But not that day. I had had enough. I wanted to get him back no matter what it takes. So I bit his lip which made him pull away from me, yelping in pain.

 

“Yaa, you bit me!” he stared at me eyes wide with disbelief, checking in the mirror if his lip was bleeding. But I didn't bite too hard, so there was nothing there. “Why did you bite me?”

 

“I'm gonna go next door to see if the guys have mint flavored toothpaste instead of chocolate,” I ignored his question and left the bathroom. I could hear Yeol shouting for me to wait for him, but I was already out the door.

 

I walked down the hall and entered the first door next to ours. This was Infinite's dorm. Yeh, yeh, we live next door to his group mates. I wanted us to move out of the dorm when we got married but 'move out' apparently meant 'move next door' to my choding husband. What was the real difference if the guys always came barging in whenever they wished? It was like we never moved out at all.

 

So I came barging into their dorm while they were still sleeping and announced loudly using a megaphone I found lying in a heap of stuff in their messy living room, “YAA! WAKE UP! YOU GUYS OWE ME BIG TIME!”

 

~~~~~

 

“But Nanie, what if I mess up??”

 

“Shut up, Yeol's here!” I put my index finger up to my lips so that DongWoo would stop worrying out loud.

 

“Oh, chagiya,” SungYeol stood next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. “Did you brush your teeth yet?”

 

“Ew, you haven't brushed your teeth yet?” WooHyun grimaced, distancing himself from me.

 

“I knew it! No wonder noona's teeth were brown-ish!” SungJong cried.

 

“That's gross, noona.” MyungSoo added, eyeing me with his still sleepy eyes.

 

The nerve of these guys. Their acting was getting over the top. But before I could stop their nonsense, DongWoo decides to chip in with his awkward acting.

 

“Yeah, it's like you brushed your teeth with a chocolate bar!” he laughed, but everyone except Yeol gave him the 'you're-giving-us-away' look. “I mean...you...that's...gross?”

 

Fortunately, Yeol's protective side was more aware than his sharp senses. “Why are you guys saying mean stuff about my chagi?”

 

“As if I'm the only one who hasn't brushed their teeth...” I added grudgingly, giving each of them death glares.

 

“Oh, it's time for that thing!” SungGyu suddenly got up, rubbing his thighs nervously trying to think of an excuse before Yeol found out we were up to something. “You know, that thing!”

 

“Yeah,” Hoya stood up too, rubbing his neck but then he looked at SungGyu for help, “What thing again?”

 

“Your schedule?” I offered, these boys were helpless.

 

“Ah, our schedule! Yeh, let's get moving guys!” SungGyu hurriedly ushered the guys to clean themselves up and each of them had a look of relief on their faces as they left. I guess the weight of the whole plan just made them too nervous to think properly like they usually would when there was a minor plan. But this plan was more than anything they had ever done, even I was nervous at the thought yet I knew it had to be done.

 

“Did I miss something?” Yeol asked, leading me back next door to get ready ourselves.

 

“Aniyo,” I smiled and turned to close the door behind me with a smirk. Yeol must be stopped once and for all.

 

~~~~~~

 

“This isn't the first time I followed you to your schedule, Yeollie,” I groaned as Yeol pulled me closer to him as if protecting me from some unseen evil force that was out to get me. He used to do this a lot while we were dating, and it was cute for a while until it got really annoying. I needed my personal space too, husband or not!

 

“But I just want to savor this moment before we get separated by the evil villain that is my schedule!” he pouted, snuggling his gelled hair against my neck that I had to hold my breath to prevent from having a sneezing fit.

 

“But –” I started to say before I realized that this was the perfect time to execute our plan. In that small window of opportunity, I gave the other guys 'the look' and their eyes twinkled as if showing understandment. Then I began to choke, cough, wheeze, and repeat.

 

“Chagiya?”

 

“Yaa, Nanie-yah, what's wrong??”

 

“Noona!”

 

“Yeol, look at what you did!”

 

“Omo! She's gonna dieeeeeeeee~”

 

There was a sudden pause, then everyone glared daggers at DongWoo. Yeol found out sooner than expected. Our plan miserably failed!

 

“Eyyy, what were you guys thinking, bringing DongWoo into a prank as serious as this!” he laughed with his mouth wide open. I wanted to shove something into that big proud mouth of his. “Aigoo~ my chagi is trying to get even with me, eh?” Then he doubled over and laughed even harder. “Heheheh, now see how you like this, chagi!” he laughed and shoved his hair in front of my face.

 

I fell back into the seat with a thump and my hand immediately flew to my nose. After recovering from the collision, I took my hand away from my nose to reveal blood. Lots of blood. There was an eerie silence as everyone stared at the red substance that came flowing from my nose. It was gross but they couldn't stop staring.

 

“N-noona...” SungJong broke the silence nervously as he took out a handkerchief. “There's a lot of blood on your face...”

 

“Ara, I know...” was all I could say as I stared wide eyed at the mess in front of me.

 

“Wah, gwaenchanha? Are you okay?”

 

“Wha – Nanie...Yeol-ah!” That was when Yeol jumped into action. He took my bloody hand and wiped it on his white shirt! Then he pulled my head into his chest and began to shake?

 

“Chagiya!” He sobbed uncontrollably as my blood soaked his shirt. “I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I'll take you to the hospital! Manager-hyung! Turn the car around, we need to go to the hospital!”

 

“What for?” the manager asked.

 

“It's an emergency, just get us to the hospital, NOW!”

 

“But, Yeol-ah...” I tried to push him off me to stop staining his shirt more, but he had firm hold of me.

 

“Nanie, don't move, just don't,” he sobbed. “I don't want to hurt you anymore, I'm so sorry.”

 

“But Yeol,” I pried his arms off me and saw that he was really crying all tears and snot. It was not a pleasant sight but everything was just as I planned. I took out a bottle from my pocket and showed it to him. The look of realization on his face was priceless. The way his eyes widened and mouth dropped open then closed and opened again. I should have told the guys to take a picture of it but telling the guys of my secret plan would have ruined everything.

 

The guys snatched the bottle from me and laughed their asses off after realizing that the initial plan was to lead up to the real plan and everything went exactly as I thought it would. Infinite was too easy to predict! Yeol was the only one who was not laughing, instead he took the handkerchief that SungJong had given me and used it to wipe away his tears and blew his snot into it. “That was really mean, chagi!”

 

“Yaa, and you thought your pranks aren't mean?” I laughed at his frustrated face. But then he his frown turned up into a smile.

 

“I'm so proud of my wifey~” he embraced me and I could feel his laugh vibrating throughout my body. “You've surpassed me, I'm so proud of you~”

 

Suddenly, the van came to a stop. Then manager-hyung turned and looked at us. “We're at the hospital, what was the emergency??”

 

All laughter ceased at once as manager-hyung waited for an answer. From all the excitement and fun, we never realized that the van had turned around and speeded to the hospital.

 

“SungYeol-ah, what was the emergency??”

 

Everyone looked at SungYeol, expecting an answer while I just laid back and enjoyed the show.

 

“It's...it was nothing, we were just playing around...haha...” Yeol shrugged, trying to convince manager-hyung that it was nothing serious and hoped that he wouldn't be angry.

 

“So you – what happened to your shirt??!”

 

Everyone held in their laughter as Yeol stuttered and looked at me for help but I just looked at everywhere except him, wiping the rest of the fake blood off my face.

 

“Do you realize that your pranks are always making it hard for others?” manager-hyung fumed, facing the steering wheel again to hide his flaring nostrils. “Now all of us have to go back to the dorm, get you a change of clothes and then drive all the way to you shooting location! We're going to be late! I'm going to have you held responsible for this!”

 

“But hyung...” Yeol started but was interrupted.

 

“You just sit there quietly and try to refrain yourself from pranking people!”

 

“Ne, hyung...”

 

Everyone laughed silently, not wanting to anger manager-hyung more. But I was the one who had the widest smile when Yeol looked at me woth his pouty face.

 

“Gotcha~” I mouthed, and stuck out my tongue at him.

 

He muttered gibberish as if he was out to get me but ended up giving me a sweet kiss on the lips. My choding husband will never change. That's why I love him~