Concert 2

To Defeat Tiredness

 

KRY Drabble

Concert 2

Kyuhyun was tired. This was not a surprising fact but it was a current reality. Someone in his position would often come to expect that degree of tiredness to be part of their lives and the exemplification of their existence, so it was something that he should have been prepared for honestly. It was normal for a person who had just conducted a four hour full length concert without a break to feel as if their bones were going to break; doing it two days in a row had to be inhuman right? What else could he expect but cramps and aches and pulls and that soreness in his throat, though thankfully not as bad as the night previous, though still a bother to his already haggard experience.

 He wanted to complain, he really did, but with another gruelling concert a few short hours away, he really was in no position to complain. He would learn to endure, that was the long and short of it. He was the one that chose that lifestyle and would be a liar if he claimed that he did not enjoy every second of that concert, if he said he didn’t adore the heady screams of his fans, if he did not cherish the opportunity to show his skill and mould his craft, if he did not treasure every second that he got to stand at his side, where he got to share his dreams with the person he loved, with the people that he adorned, with the love of his life and his best friend, charting new territory and owning a stage. He would be lying if he said it was not worth it. Tiredness would be sweetness for him, a pain that would remind him of the blessing he received in its speed; it would be acceptable as a fair trade. He got to be invincible for a few hours and in return he got tired limbs. No matter how you looked at it, it was a fair bargain.

It only became troublesome however when the tiredness prevented him from spending the needed time with the person that he had dedicated his life to or when he was left all by his lonesome with the tiredness and said person was not there to drive it away for him. Then tiredness was his enemy. It was sadly one such situation where he and tiredness would soon be at war.

After the concert had ended and he had said his customary goodbyes to the staff and crew, trekked to his dressing room, Yesung and Ryeowook right behind him, his first instinct was to reach out to the older man, to bury his head in his shoulder and let him help with the weariness that was settling in his insides, the smile falling once away from the blinding lights of the stage. It was not as bad as he was probably making it seem, his body still fully functional and his mind in fair shape, only grumpy that he had been so far deprived. He wanted to hold on to him then, use his tiredness as an excuse to hold Yesung close and let the older man be his comfort.

He was rejected however when Yesung shook his head, indicating that he was not likely to tolerate the public display of affection and Kyuhyun was to hurry up with activities, Ryeowook laughing at the silent exchange, having spent enough time with them both to have a fair understanding of the silent exchanges. Kyuhyun glared at him and he winked, then he cheekily made his way over, pressing his fingers on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, volunteering to sooth his back muscles with some of the massage technique that Sungmin had taught him, Kyuhyun seeing no reason to disagree, his tiredness a genuine concern and so far Yesung was not helping him, blocking out the bit of his mind that was insistent on calling him selfish once again.

He just wanted Yesung okay! Maybe it was selfish, but he had come to accept that he was a selfish jackass when it came to Yesung and that it was really had to change, simply altering it so that it would not affect the man himself, who had long vanished into the changing room. Ryeowook was happy he got a guinea pig, forgetting his own tiredness to gently massage Kyuhyun’s shoulders, the younger man having to admit being the maknae had its perks, especially when it came to care and affection from hyungdeul, only a little saddened that it was not Yesung.

The older man did return until ten minutes later, changed into his street clothes, make up washed off, and more than likely showered, judging by the wetness of his hair. He did not even bat an eyelash at Ryeowook hanging from Kyuhyun’s shoulder, the younger man having long given up on the hopes that Yesung would be jealous of things like that, only asking Ryeowook if he was tired and okay, and sparing an inquiry into Kyuhyun’s health, the younger man childishly mumbling that he was fine, wondering why Yesung was not doing more than an asking a question. Kyuhyun didn’t want much, maybe just him fussing and hovering a bit. Yesung chuckled at his reaction before he instructed that Ryeowook leave the brat alone and go get changed so they could go back to the hotel. Ryeowook happily obeyed, Kyuhyun sighing at the loss of contact, his shoulders actually feeling much better, made perfect when he felt Yesung's small hands at the area, Kyuhyun smiling automatically. Yesung didn’t even try anything similar to Ryeowook, just pressing his hands in the area, Kyuhyun instantly feeling much better, atleast in his mind, the stiffness no longer so troublesome.

Yesung would then ask him once more about his health, wondering if his throat was okay and if he was sick anywhere. Kyuhyun liked him being close and wished to inform  that he had a mild headache and his throat was still itchy and his body ached, but went with the classic ‘Fine’, Yesung just chuckling, really not expecting much else, finally squeezing the area where his hands rested, sending Kyuhyun to get changed as well, leaving him be to go answer the miss calls and check in with Donghae and Siwon who apparently needed him to call them after every concert to let them know how it was and how he was feeling. Kyuhyun was in no mood to listen to him coo at Donghae and utter his hateful exclamations of love for Siwon, so choose that as the perfect time to get changed and wash the make up from his face, forgoing the bath till he was at the hotel where he could soak in the hot water forever and then find a way to spend a few minutes with Yesung so that he would be able to sleep and the tiredness would be pushed back with his own personal source of energy.

When they returned to the hotel however, after a short trip, Yesung informed that he had to handle some issues with their parents and that he would be out trying to sort it all out and make sure everyone was comfortable, that he expected them to be asleep and well rested by the time came back, only patting Kyuhyun on the stomach as he left, it all finally making sense as to why he seemed so hurried about everything. Kyuhyun was grumpy thereafter, wondering what was wrong that Yesung wanted to check on things, wondering if he would see him when he got back, it being rather late and he was instructed to be asleep by the time he came back. Kyuhyun had that to consider the instruction, as well as the health of his throat, not wanting to think about it that much as he abandoned Ryeowook in the hallways and headed for his own room, slipping into the shower.

He stood under the spray of the shower for almost twenty minutes, the hot water doing what it did the day before and all the days prior, helping pull the kinks from his body, his shoulder however feeling much better, his thighs no longer as sore, happy that they were not dancing or anything too strenuous to his body, his biggest concern being his throat, which had been holding up quite nicely, still a pull and a strain and sort of painful but much better than it could have been after singing for two days with it originally damaged. Atleast that meant that he would be okay with some caution and Yesung would have to worry less about him and despite his sometimes selfish conduct he rarely ever permitted Yesung to worry about him without a due cause. A worried Yesung actually worried Kyuhyun, so he was the opinion that nothing, not even him should ever worry Yesung. He was happy to report to him that he was feeling better, aside from the tiredness of course, that is if he had the opportunity to see him later in the night.

As it was, it was already after midnight and they had to get some sleep to be able to function properly for their rehearsals and to make any changes to the performances as they had been doing so far, having spent the early morning adjusting the things that they did not like from the concert the day prior, which was mainly Kyuhyun’s voice cracking, but that was addressed with some bitter lemon honey tea, which aside from Kyuhyun’s hatred of it, could admit that it was effective, his voice in a much better condition after he drank it, but he was keeping that to himself, seeing  the only positive in Yesung's absence,  the realization that he would not have to drink the ghastly beverage again. He thinks he would rather swallow the poison than be tortured without Yesung. Those things were just like that it would seem.

By the time Kyuhyun made it out of the shower his mind was wholly and completely made up. He rushed through the necessary functions, drying his skin at lightning speed, rummaging through his unpacked suitcase, pulling out a respectable sweat pants, not the one that had that tear on his left knee that he had worn the night prior. That was his comfort clothes, not necessarily his be seen in public sort of clothes, pulling out a t-shirt and all required clothing, pulling it over his head and up his legs, not even bothering to throw his towel in the hamper this time, exiting the room with one destination in mind, willing to wait if he had to.

Luckily for him Yesung's room was only a few couple of doors down from him, Ryeowook and the manager in the middle, their parents on a higher floor of the building. It occurred to Kyuhyun that it may be better for his wellbeing if he did in fact see Yesung before he slept. He was nearly positive that he would probably just end up tossing and turning on his bed or watching some Japanese serial that he could not understand a word of if he did not see Yesung and that would outright defeat the purpose of suggesting that he get some sleep anyway. Yesung had to be crazy to think he would be able to sleep without atleast seeing him, it already being so difficult to sleep without him as it stood. It was pure crazy talk in his opinion.

He was of the belief that whatever Yesung was sorting out would take only about an hour or so, positive that it was not so monumental, considering that his mother had not called for him and as far as he knew Ryeowook had not been informed that their parents needed them, so could rationally conclude that Yesung was just addressing a small matter and would be back soon. He more than likely took it upon himself to take care of everything without sharing much as a means to let him and Ryeowook get some rest.

He was in love with an overly considerate, thought sometimes exceptionally oblivious idiot and it was truly an experience. It would always boggle Kyuhyun’s mind why Yesung would not let him help him sometimes, but that was Yesung for you and Kyuhyun had accepted that. It would have been a lot easier in Kyuhyun’s mind if Yesung had let him tag along with him wherever he went, positive that he would have been more than willing to sacrifice the marathon shower to be with him, to get those extra few minutes to spend with the man. He was aware that he had just virtually sent the entire day with him, but it was never the same as when he could just hold him in his arms and get lost in the sweet aroma of coffee and cinnamon all of that endless warmth. He was not ungrateful however. Being beside Yesung was much too joyful to ever be flippant about and could admit that Yesung was of a much more playful disposition, not freaking out as much when Kyuhyun got close, willing for them to interact a lot more. He didn’t think it was a conscious action though, positive that Yesung was just so happy that he reacted on instinct and not with aforethought, thus being a lot more interactive with him, their natural synergy shining through.

 It was a good day based on that estimation, his tired body agreeing with him, simply due to the fact that he had spent a lot more time with Yesung and was not forced to be so restricted in his interactions as he was usually forced to be. He would have been just as pleased if it was not that way though; always grateful for every second he could spend with the older man, aware that he would be a fool to be anything but grateful for just being at his side. Yesung was precious, much too amazing for him. The fact that he got to stand by his side and just live with the knowledge that Yesung loved him made him one of the luckiest person’s alive. He would be a fool to ever forget that and he was definitely no fool. He was however anxious to squeeze whatever else he could out of the day, aware that he would need Yesung's guiding hand and warm touch to ease his tired soul and fix him to face the day approaching and it was just good sense to be with him them.

When they went across to SMTown over the weekend, he would most definitely not be granted the opportunity for late night visits and quick stolen kisses. Too many people and much too many dongsaengs wanting to speak to him, not to mention all the friends that he had to meet up with. Kyuhyun always liked to make it seem as if it was Yesung's fault that they could not be together much, but it was a shared responsibility, given the fact that he often spent those trips with his Kyu-Line. Yesung was to take some blame on that front though, being the one that often insisted that Kyuhyun send time with people other him. It was for a specific purpose and Kyuhyun appreciated the care that he showed, the fact that he put Kyuhyun and his wellbeing before everything else as to be expected.

Kyuhyun’s musings were cut short when he arrived at the door, wondering if it would be open. He had not thought about that prior, much too accustomed to Yesung's door being open all the time at the dorms, for it to occur to him that Yesung might have locked his room.  He wondered what he would do, wondering if his manager had the key. He would probably have to take some mouth and most definitely some teasing but he would get to wait in the room that would more than likely smell like Yesung and would get to see the older man before he slept. He thinks he could deal with the teasing; just having to make sure it was avenged when he was back on home soil. He was willing to suffer a bit and lose a bit of pride for Yesung he decided, accepting that he would be willing to act like that in the situation.

Before he took the steps back to the manager’s room however, he thought it best to push the door, just on the off chance that Yesung had been an idiot and left it unlocked. It really wasn’t that much of a stretch, Yesung being rather absent minded sometimes, then exceedingly thorough. His personality and mannerisms were definitely interesting to Kyuhyun, who was often intrigued by the older man, what he thinks started the fires of love, sparking interest that ran all the way to heavens and back, consuming him. He would always be thrilled to be the one lucky enough to have a firsthand understanding of the man’s rather unique mind, even if it often let to him wanting to strangle him.

Kyuhyun grinned like a fool when the door budged a bit, a hand reaching quickly downwards to work on the doorknob, his face glowing when the handle twisted without the need for a key card, sliding the door open with a grin, pushing past the opening, heading for the small bed. He supposed it was a little creepy, but he just wanted to rest on Yesung's bed while he waited for him. The bed sheets would sleep like him and Kyuhyun would like to be filled with that coffee/cinnamon and drown in the sensations. He could admit that it was sort of creepy, but would argue simply that he spent all his time with Yesung and he made creepy seem normal. Kyuhyun had recently found himself seeing weird things as perfectly normal, having a much higher threshold to be honest. It was starting to scare him. Being with Yesung would do that to you, but Kyuhyun had no regrets, he would never have any he thinks, the grin returning to his face, only to be comically squelched when the person sitting on the bed was not the blond beloved he was hoping to see, in fact rather disturbed at the sight.

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun questioned sternly, his eyes narrowing automatically, his voice low and steady, though the rest of his face remained rather neutral or as neutral as it could be with seeing another man sitting were his beloved should have been, a feeling of anger rising, which he was diligently shoving back down to the depths from which it broke forth, feeling foolish for feeling that way, though the annoyance was allowed to room free, just trying his hardest to hold back the unjustifiable hostility. He was curious and without knowledge, which naturally had him reacting in a way that he would later feel embarrassment over, aware that he had no reason to be conducting himself in such a manner. His pushed the annoyance down but it still reflected in his face, hardening when the man on the bed chuckled in a cute manner, though it just grated on Kyuhyun’s ear, only wanting to know why he was propped on Yesung's bed hugging the older man’s plushie, Kyuhyun losing patience rapidly, in no mood for giggles.

“Waiting for Yesungie Hyung obviously” Ryeowook responded nonchalantly, not given Kyuhyun the satisfaction of a proper answer, not thrilled at the tone used by the younger man, his eyes narrowing as he looked at Ryeowook sitting on the bed. He was not mad at Kyuhyun, though he would be inclined to torture him a little if the opportunity arose, feeling rather pleased that Kyuhyun looked put off, not hiding it as close to as well Kyuhyun thought he hid it, written across his face in practically neon lights, Ryeowook positive that the green eyes monster was awakening somewhere in Kyuhyun’s depths, the younger never been one that shared well and was nearly incapable of dealing with times that he was faced with the reality that he would not  have the older man to himself, that he would sometimes have to share him. Kyuhyun never handles such situations as well as he ought to really, just that Yesung was normally around to keep him calm. It was amusing to see him try and hold back what was clearly his dissatisfaction, having a hard time.

Ryeowook could have been kind and put him out of his misery but he liked to see the maknae boil a little bit. It was one of the few blessings that the others received from the new change in circumstances. Kyuhyun had suffered a serious downgrade since the advent of Love. He was still a spoilt brat, made even more so by the fact that he could always rely on Yesung's protection, all the other hyungdeul, even Heechul wary of stepping on Yesung's toes and setting off his protective streak over the maknae, no one brave enough to test Yesung's temper, Kyuhyun using that to his full advantage. The benefit to the others however came in the form of possessiveness. Since Kyuhyun was so endlessly possessive, he was easily rattled whenever he thought anything was even near to Yesung and that significantly assisted the others in pulling him down a peg or two. Even then Kyuhyun had no reason to worry, Ryeowook simply waiting to have a word with Yesung before he went to bed, yet somehow was already pulling back that need to protect. It made Kyuhyun a puppet in their hands if they played it right. It was never easy to mess with Kyuhyun and escape though, so one had to know when to pick their battles, Kyuhyun always making good on his promises for revenge, so far only Yesung spared from his wrath when he was annoyed. Ryeowook carefully weighted his options, deciding how much leeway he had before he would be killed by the younger man.

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked, simple and abundantly straightforward, his eyes not leaving Ryeowook’s form, his eyebrows lifting, his facial expressions and body language making it clear that an answer was expected forthwith and without unnecessary qualification. It had come as a shock to Kyuhyun to see Ryeowook resting on Yesung's bed already dressed for bed, laying comfortably against the pillows, where Kyuhyun was sure would have been his place if he was allowed to room with Yesung, feeling a bit of distaste rising up in his throat at the supposition that Ryeowook was technically in his spot, holding on to the plushie that was his as well. Technically it belonged to Yesung but Kyuhyun had held on to it in lieu of Yesung enough times to realistically consider it to his as well, glaring at the hand wrapped around the small green thing, wondering if Ryeowook had ruined the scent. If the room started to smell like anything other than coffee and cinnamon he was going to kill Ryeowook. Why was he there anywhere?

As far as he knew Ryeowook should have no business with their hyung at that hour of the night and it could not be so important that the eternal maknae had to be ruining Kyuhyun’s hopes and mood, just wanting Ryeowook to not be there. He liked Ryeowook, he honestly did. The man was one of his best friends and he loved him, but he much preferred if he was not there in his few minutes with Yesung. He was however trying hard to not be a fool about it, trying to push the rational thought forward, the one that was suggesting that Ryeowook was just messing him and actually had something to talk to Yesung about, so decided to wait for him there as well. It was a brilliant idea and would make sense as well.

“Why do you want to know?” Ryeowook said to just  to be difficult, leaning forward to wink at Kyuhyun who scoffed, clearly not pleased that Ryeowook decided then was a good time for his games, grumbling as he walked further into the room, choosing rather childishly to walk over to the side that Ryeowook was pressed against, pulling a face as he meanly shoved him around, Ryeowook planting into the mattress as Kyuhyun just pushed him out of the way, clearing the spot he saw as his, making sure that no one else touched it, slipping on to the area as he continued to push at Ryeowook, who was quietly pulling himself away.

 Kyuhyun was a brat as to be expected, it was definitely easier for him to just take the spot on the bed closer to him, instead the usually lazy maknae choosing to dislodge Ryeowook and take back what was his, leaning his back against the area, feeling comfortable, pleased that the bed smelt like Yesung still, whacking Ryeowook with the plushie that he had lost possession of when Kyuhyun had treated him like that , the eternal maknae trying to right himself, humourlessly laughing at the younger man’s conduct. He should have expected Kyuhyun to do something like that and as such was not really shocked, trying to pull himself into a proper position, Kyuhyun making it difficult with the childishness. What did Yesung see in the brat anyway? Ryeowook wouldn’t know and would have probably answered that it was just bad taste when Kyuhyun whacked him on the head, laughing at his handiwork, Ryeowook not really amused.

It was with great effort that he pulled himself upright, shifting away from Kyuhyun, made easier when the younger stopped his plushie attacks, Ryeowook using that as an opportunity to right himself, sliding across the white comforter to take up residence on the other sides of the mattress, now observing the younger man who had stopped hitting him with the plushie for annoying him earlier, simply resting his head against the headboard, body stretching forward, the plushie squished against him, eyes closed and serene looking, sighing in appreciation now and then. He would give it to Kyuhyun. The younger man really knew how to look innocent, even if Ryeowook knew he was a demon, even he could admire the cuteness of the maknae, looking sort of tired but a pleased look on his face, sighing in appreciation, looking as if he was ready to fall asleep. Ryeowook wondered why he was there if he was tired but when he remembered that he was in Yesung's room it all came back to him, cooing a bit internally. Kyuhyun just wanted to see his boyfriend…how cute! Ryeowook was trying to build the courage to tease but was beaten to speech.

“Whatever you are thinking, don’t say it if you know what’s good for you” Kyuhyun threatened but it was lazy and nonchalant, not carrying that natural scary tone that was normally used when threatening someone, his eyes still slammed shut  and only fluttering open for a split second to look at Ryeowook with those eyes that instantly said he would regret it, the strength in his eyes amazing considering that he had clearly not been paying attention yet had the conscious of mind to scare Ryeowook.

 The eternal maknae humped as he turned away wondering if Kyuhyun was a freaking mind reader, his and his stupid smirks that made him seem more mischievous rather than the brat that he actually was. Kyuhyun didn’t bother to look at him further, the casual scary lazy look enough to make Ryeowook wary, sorry that he could not tease the younger man. Ryeowook was ashamed to admit that he did not have the courage to mess with Kyuhyun then. It would have been hilarious but with Yesung not back yet he was not going to chance it. He glared at Kyuhyun, internally grumbling that Kyuhyun was the dongsaeng and should therefore be the one afraid of him, yet he was the one on the receiving end, having to change his approach, wondering if the younger man was as scary as he seemed, Kyuhyun nodding his head with a smirk, freaking the hell out of Ryeowook.

 It could have just been a coincidence of course, but Ryeowook was going to take it as an omen and not bother the younger man too much, though he was glad when Kyuhyun pulled himself upright a little while after, twisting his neck, looking a lot more calm than when he had came in, his shoulder’s more relaxed, his face no longer so stern or annoyed, seemingly peaceful now. Ryeowook preferred the peaceful Kyuhyun more than the annoyed one, even if it was a lot funnier when he was frazzled. 

“Why are you here again?”Kyuhyun questioned with a bored expression, and an even tone, having lost interest in Ryeowook, having spent the couple of minutes settling himself and evicting the quick bubbling anger that was so determined to cause him stress and worry that he did not need. He figured with some rational thought that Ryeowook probably was just waiting to talk to Yesung about something for the concert, the older man being more able to assist in that regard, Ryeowook having great sense and instinct when it came to live performances and they would help with the assistance.

Ryeowook was often left to handle such matters and didn’t seem to mind very much, having gotten accustomed to he and Yesung being especially useless on that front. Ryeowook however was required by courtesy and hierarchy to run whatever he was thinking by Yesung for approval before he could continue. Kyuhyun supposed that he had a new idea for something they could do to put on a better show and wanted to talk to Yesung about it. Rather than wait in his room, he had realized that it was easier to see him then in his room, not wanting to chance the possibility of falling asleep before he came in to check on them or if Yesung decided that he was not going to check on them  and go to sleep instead. If he wanted to speak to Yesung it was better to just wait in the room for him to return.

 The rational thought had returned fairly quickly when he had sat down, the sheets still actually smelling like Yesung, not ruined by Ryeowook. It was a nice soothing aroma that would ease his mind and make him think clearly. His disposition shifted radically when he calmer, the embarrassment once again pissing him off, embarrassed that he had once again let his affection and sometimes possessive streak when it came to Yesung affect his judgement. He was mainly aware as to why Ryeowook was there but asked again mainly on the off chance that he was wrong and then he would have to figure out why.

“I wanted to talk to Yesung hyung” Ryeowook answered, with a shrug of his shoulders, positive that Kyuhyun would have expected for it to be something like that, no longer wanting to play that sort of game with Kyuhyun, just shrugging his response, accompanied with a weak smile, too tired now to play with Kyuhyun and just sort of uninterested now that he was aware that Kyuhyun was going to make a conscious effort to be unaffected and therefore would longer provide him entertainment. It was no fun to tease Kyuhyun when he was being rational and was probably just a really bad idea, since he would be swifter in his revenge.

At that hour, Ryeowook cared for nothing of the nature, tired and wanting to sleep in a nice warm bed and let his throat relax. He had such plans as soon as he returned to the hotel but had a brilliant idea for a couple of their performances so just wanted to run it by Yesung before he went to sleep. He had gotten the key from the manager, hoping that Yesung would be back soon, waiting on the bed, the plushie keeping him company until Kyuhyun barged in, entertaining him with his quick need to be ridiculous when he saw him and not Yesung. Whilst that was fun, he really wished Yesung would be back soon.

“Want to tell me what?” a husky voice broke the air, both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun’s head bolting to the direction of the door way, the man that they had been waiting on, taking easy quick steps towards them, a warm smile gracing his handsome face, though he had his eyebrows arched just enough to indicate that he was genuinely interested in what he asked, walking towards them with purpose, halting at the foot of the bed, his smile brighter as he looked at his two dongsaengs on his bed, having a million questions for them, namely why they were not asleep in their rooms as he had instructed, though he was still happy to see them, in doubt as to if that feeling was reciprocated, Kyuhyun looking at him with a soft glare, though Ryeowook did smile at him.

“About time” Kyuhyun grumbled, happy that Yesung was back and in his sights, annoyed that he had to wait a whole twenty minutes for him and that was not including his shower time. Where was he?  And why did he have to take so long? Kyuhyun was glad he was back, but as usual went with the annoyed response rather than the sappy embarrassing thoughts that were scattered through his mind, wanting to protect his pride more than anything else, especially since he would refuse to lower himself in front of Ryeowook. He softened the phrasing however by the softness of his expression and the pull of his lips, Yesung just rolling his eyes at him, more than accustomed to Kyuhyun’s mannerisms to actually be offended.

“It shouldn’t have mattered to you. I am positive you were told to go to sleep” Yesung argued quite comprehensively, his eyes turning on Kyuhyun, his lips pulling in mild amusement, walking over to the bed, keeping the statement in place, laughing lowly when Kyuhyun glared at him, Ryeowook  laughing at the other side, glad that atleast one of them could give Kyuhyun as got as he delivered, Yesung not showing an ounce of fear as he took two steps in the direction of the left side of the bed, heading towards were Ryeowook was laying.

Kyuhyun not so subtly cleared his throat, Ryeowook pulling a hand to stifle his laughs, the maknae looking nonchalant, as if he had not just acted like a possessive boyfriend, turning a bit to glare at Ryeowook who turned away from his eyes, Yesung nodding his head as he turned directions, not reacting much, walking instead to the side of the bed that Kyuhyun was occupying, the maknae however not making any effort to move, turning to glare instead at Yesung for making him have to do something like that. Sometimes he really thinks that Yesung was an idiot. How on earth would it ever be realistically make sense for him to choose to go to Ryeowook’s side? Didn’t he see Kyuhyun sitting right there? Would it have not occurred to him that Kyuhyun probably wanted to be near him and was waiting for him? The things the idiot did were just really……….Kyuhyun had no words sometimes, wanting to smack him for the frustration he caused.

“Go around” Yesung instructed when he realized that Kyuhyun was not moving, looking at the younger man with confused eyes. Didn’t Kyuhyun indicate that he wanted him on that side of the bed? Why was he being difficult?  And why on earth was he tolerating such madness? Last time he checked that was his room…he should just evict him….but he probably won’t.

He wanted Kyuhyun to be in his bed asleep by time he came back, but could not deny that he was happy that Kyuhyun was there as well. It was one of those natural contradictions that he just gotten accustomed to over his time with the younger man. He often wanted to strangle him and smack him into oblivion for being such a stubborn brat but at the same time he felt so much affection that he just wanted to hug him and never let him go. It was always a very conflicting experience and he had a difficult time trying to reconcile the two. Like then, when he should have been pushing at the brat, he was just smiling at him, hoping to coax him into some semblance of understanding, waiting for him to move around.

Kyuhyun grumbled for show but slide around, moving closer to Ryeowook, his body anticipating the new warmth that would be added to the mix, Yesung smiling at him in that way that often made his heart weak, trying  to have some sort of self control in that relation. He moved along the bed, but only enough to let Yesung sit beside him, sit close to his side, relying on the argument that the bed wasn’t that big naturally, so he really had no choice but to stay close to Yesung. The older man didn’t notice or if he did he made no comment, sliding down onto the mattress, his body pressed against Kyuhyun’s, finding some place against the headboard, the warmth shared between the two of them, trying to make himself comfortable, only then wondering why he was practically off the bed. Before he would complain though, Kyuhyun shifted, a hand reaching around him to pull him onto the bed, trying to find his balance, the hand reluctantly being extracted.

“I thought I told you two to go to bed” the question addressed the two of them on the bed but they all knew he was actually talking to just Kyuhyun, Ryeowook taking no offence, just nodding along to indicate that the instruction had in fact been delivered, Kyuhyun pulling a face as Yesung looked on, eyes trained on him, a hand ready to reach for his, but quickly making a retreat when  he realized that he was actually going to do so in the presence of someone else, a small blush taking shape as he looked away, awaiting the answer to his question.

“We aren’t children that you can send to bed Hyung” Kyuhyun responded with a stern expression but it was not in relation to the question, in fact the response was meant to be rather playful, Ryeowook giggling at the side of him, finding amusement in the fact that Kyuhyun had pointed out a legitimate fact. Yesung had indeed sent them or rather mainly Kyuhyun to bed despite the fact the fact that they were in their mid twenties. Ryeowook always thought that Leeteuk coddled them a lot but was always reminded that it could be much worse when with KRY. 

Yesung was always so worried that he would not take care of them well enough that he was always hyper vigilant and that would often mean that they were coddled a lot more than they would have liked to be . Ryeowook rarely got mad though, aware that it was something good that someone always wanted to take care of him. He did however feel sorry for Kyuhyun though, aware that Yesung was even more protective of him and as such he was often treated like a child. Ryeowook was of the opinion however that Kyuhyun liked it a little too much and the whole thing was just a little too sweet for his liking. A man could get jealous when he saw things like that, and Ryeowook really could live without the craving for that one great love.

Kyuhyun however was in no way laughing, instead looking sternly at Yesung, annoyed that the older man had pulled his hand away. He should honestly have just had the courage to reach for his hand. Kyuhyun was currently rather annoyed that Yesung insisted that they be so reserved in front of the others after so long and at such a stage of their relationship. Kyuhyun supposed he was being irrational with it, aware that it was not ridiculous for Yesung to wish to maintain some sort of line in that regard. Even if the entirety of Super Junior were prone to PDA, it always had a different meaning between the two and Yesung was unwilling to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Even if they were accepting of the relationship, it was not right to make them uncomfortable in their own homes, it being a significant change, especially in a country like theirs where the mindset was rather problematic in that regard. Kyuhyun understood and was truly grateful that he loved someone that could and would care about the feeling of others, amazed that the man was so loveable, but at the same time, Kyuhyun had been feeling sad.

He just wanted Yesung to stand up for their relationship now and then. It was strange for both of them, but Kyuhyun had accepted it wholeheartedly, willing to be strong and face the consequences. Maybe he was reaching and was over extending and over thinking, but he sometimes saw Yesung’s failure to hold his hands or to rest his hands on him in front of the others as a bad omen. It sometimes convinced him that if Yesung couldn’t do a simple thing as hold his hands in the presence of the members who were aware and accepting then when it came to facing more resistant individuals he would do the same thing.

Maybe he was being unfair to Yesung, assuming how he would react in such a situation, trying to see an unknown future, but he had a real reason to be concerned honestly. If Yesung could not take his hand in front of Ryeowook, one of the strongest supporters of their relationship and one of their best friends, would he have the strength or the will do it in front of someone like his mother? Will he have the strength to stand up for Kyuhyun and their relationship in a situation like that? It is a far off future, he knew that. Neither was ready to face their parents or the company or even their fans, but things like that were not very encouraging to Kyuhyun.

He knew he would have to be the one that led them in that situation but having doubts with regards to Yesung would eat his soul. He hated when that thought crossed his mind, shoving it away forceful, simultaneously reaching for the small hand, Yesung’s eyes widen when Kyuhyun grabbed his hand, pulling it onto his lap in full view of Ryeowook, holding on like a hyena, forceful and strong, nearly desperate. Yesung for his part was confused, seeing no need for Kyuhyun to hold on to him like that, looking at Kyuhyun with questioning eyes, the younger man glaring a bit at him, he was then positively lost. He didn’t want to fight with Kyuhyun though, much too tired and haggard to go there, permitting the hand to hold on to him, squeezing it gently, trying to get some of the tension to leave the younger man, smiling at him warmly, trying to convince him that everything was alright. He didn’t know what was wrong but he wanted him to know that it would be alright, Kyuhyun sighing, just looking sort of tired.

Yesung was thoroughly confused but acted on instinct, moving slightly closer to Kyuhyun, a little wary to be honest, coming to the conclusion that something was bothering Kyuhyun and that something was connected to him, not willing to push the discussion with Ryeowook right there beside them, though willing to do something to make Kyuhyun feel better. He didn’t think about it much, just resting his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder, hesitant at first, still conscious of the fact that Kyuhyun was quite possibly mad at him for something and they were clearly not alone, Ryeowook’s chuckles low and dying somewhere in the room, luckily not catching on to the change in atmosphere.

He leaned down though, placing his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, the maknae tensing for a second before he relaxed, shifting his head to let Yesung rest comfortably in the area, Yesung smiling at the action, Kyuhyun hopefully losing tension, using his hands to sooth the younger man, playfully scrapping his nonexistent nail against Kyuhyun’s palm, forcing him to relax the hold a little, giving Yesung the opportunity to shift his fingers around in a way that would allow him to play with the long fingers, Kyuhyun releasing a breath, Yesung smiling to himself, rubbing his head against Kyuhyun’s neck gentle, finally Kyuhyun flashing a small smile, leaning his own head against Yesung’s, rubbing his cheek against his hair, almost like kittens but they were not conscious of it.

“You  two stop it right now!” Ryeowook instructed with a bit of horror, a little humour added, his mouth forming a scandalized expression, though it was done more for effect rather than true horror, turning to look at them with a wide expression and a perfect look of horror, voice sort of high pitched. Ryeowook didn’t even realize when the atmosphere at changed at first. He was just there laughing at the fact that Kyuhyun had called Yesung out on babying them, when he realized that Kyuhyun was not laughing at all.

It was odd but he was too amused to pay much attention to it, until he had lost his amusement in the matter then realizing that something was very much off. He threw one glance at Kyuhyun and saw him stone faced, Yesung looking at him in concern. He was about to ask what was wrong when he saw Yesung rest his head against his shoulder, realizing instantly that he was really out of place, staying quiet as not to interrupt the moment being formed, Kyuhyun slowly calming down. Ryeowook was honestly rather amazed and sort of jealous to be honest. It was so amazing that they had that sort of relationship but exceedingly sad that he was not that lucky. He was happy for them really, glad that Yesung could ease Kyuhyun’s heart with just a brush of his head against his throat. Ryeowook hoped that he would feel better, whatever was wrong with their maknae. He was pleased when Kyuhyun smiled, happy that the younger was better, not even questioning what had affected him in the first place.

 He was fine then,  only starting to feel uncomfortable when they started to nuzzle each other, looking like two cats rubbing against each other. It wasn’t anything truly horrifying but he really wasn’t accustomed to seeing them like that and thought it best to interrupt on the off chance that they took it any further. He really was not interested in seeing kisses, though he gathered from Kyuhyun’s grumbles now and then that such actions weren’t as common as the younger man would have liked. Ryeowook still wasn’t willing to chance it, breaking it up before it could get to the scarring level of sweetness. He found their reactions amusing to be honest.

“Sorry Wookie” Yesung said as he pulled away, trying to get as far away from Kyuhyun as possible, voice shy and embarrassed, looking away as the redness attacked his face.

“Why are you still here?” Kyuhyun grumbled, glaring at Ryeowook for breaking up his moment, his voice annoyed and slightly hostile, turning to Ryeowook but still holding on to Yesung’s hand as the older man tried for a retreat.

Both responses came simultaneously, clearly showing the differences between the two, making Ryeowook laugh heartily, Yesung blushing like a tomato, Kyuhyun red too, though his own came more from annoyance than shyness, Yesung looking as if he wanted the earth to swallow him whole, Kyuhyun  clearly wishing the earth would swallow Ryeowook up, Yesung looking at the wall, keeping his eyes away from the laughing Ryeowook, Kyuhyun looking at Ryeowook dead in the eye or atleast was trying to, Ryeowook dying from laughter and as such unable to give Kyuhyun much relevance, rather amused at the difference that two always seem to portray. Not exactly opposites, just parts of a whole it would seem. Ryeowook was rather amused to be honest.

“Kyuhyun!” Yesung reprimanded, smacking Kyuhyun across the chest for being so rude to Ryeowook. It was clear to him that he and Kyuhyun were the wrong ones, acting rather inappropriately in his presence, disregarding Ryeowook’s personal comfort. They were aware that he was there and still behaved that way and Yesung was sorry, even more sorry when Kyuhyun was rude to the eternal maknae, having no right to treat him in that manner, especially when they were the ones that were wrong.

“Ouch! Hyung!” Kyuhyun complained, turning to look at Yesung with a hurt expression, rubbing his chest with his free hand, injured and trying to soothe the slight sting, still amazed that those small hands could have so much power, indignant that he was reprimanded when he did nothing wrong. Ryeowook with his insensitivity had ruined his moment of comfort. It was not as if he and Yesung were doing something wrong or anything. It was not especially intimate or of the nature to cause discomfort or anything like that. Ryeowook was the one he should have been reprimanding.

“What ‘Hyung’? You-“ Yesung argued, Kyuhyun acting as if he did something wrong. The brat should have known that he was not supposed to be speaking to a hyung like that. Despite what he liked to claim Ryeowook was his hyung and Kyuhyun should respect him and at least have the decency to be ashamed when they were the ones wrong.

“You guys are such a couple....it’s actually sort of disturbing” Ryeowook teased as an interruption, not wanting to be caught in the middle of what would more than likely turn into one of their couple banter sessions, Ryeowook having no intention of sitting through that, already having had enough of that when they were on stage earlier in the day. They were actually starting to get on his nerves really. They were so caught up in each other all the time that he was having a hard time dealing with them, the bickering on stage being completely ridiculous. It was like they were lost in a world with only each other. Now that he thought about it, they really needed to stop that.

“Speaking of which, you guys need to stop acting like such a couple on stage” Ryeowook advised with an easy expression and a calm tone, trying to help his hyung and his dongsaeng. As of late he had noticed that the both had been becoming more comfortable with each other on stage and it was actually starting to worry him.

He was part of Super Junior and was very much accustomed to endless fanservice between the members. He would have thought nothing about it, except for the fact that they were themselves clearly and that meant people would see the difference. He knew what could happen if people found out and never wanted that to happen. He wanted to protect them and if he was absolutely honest, he wanted to protect himself. It was sort of self serving, but the more they were caught up with each other the more annoying it was for him. It was probably wrong to do that but that was what he felt and it was not as if keeping some distance would not benefit them anyway. They couldn’t be discovered and if they continued, eventually it would have led to that as well. If they stopped and he benefitted as well, there was no harm in that at all.

“We do? Really?” Yesung asked in a panic, eyes going wide, face contorting in worry, bending forward, across Kyuhyun’s chest, to look at Ryeowook with wide almost frightened eyes, his heart pounding in his chest. Was Ryeowook telling the truth? He honestly couldn’t tell. He knew he was interacting more with Kyuhyun but there really was just the three of them, so they sort of had to interact with each other. He was comfortable with Kyuhyun as to be expected, but the question then was if he was too comfortable? Was he treating Kyuhyun like more than a band mate? Was it that obvious? He was really afraid in that moment. If what Ryeowook was saying was true then they were in serious trouble. He was feeling faint…he really was, his heart in his throat and panic rising in his depths. If it was so obvious, then people would know and when people knew that meant they would hate and then Super Junior would be hurt and he would hurt and then worse of all Kyuhyun would hurt. He couldn’t let Kyuhyun be hurt, especially not if he was the one making the mistake. He looked at Ryeowook dead on, eyes wide and panicked, praying that Ryeowook was just messing with him.

Kyuhyun had reacted in a flash, head twisted with urgency to glare at Ryeowook with such fierceness that Ryeowook thought he would be killed instantly, Kyuhyun’s eyes nearly filled with fire. He couldn’t remember the last time he had seen Kyuhyun so mad and to be honest he was a little a frightened, wondering what could have caused Kyuhyun to behave that way. He assumed that it had something to do with what he had just said, Kyuhyun clearly displeased, gulping as he looked at the displeased maknae.

Kyuhyun was furious. It wasn’t even selfishness this time. He was conscious that Yesung was more than likely to be upset and reserved in their interactions if he thought that they would be caught in the process. Yesung was exceptionally protective in that regard and he honestly had a right to be. Even when he complained and acted like a childish brat, he never once denied that Yesung had every right to be so cautious in that regard. If anyone ever found out they would be in a lot of trouble and he truthfully didn’t want to put anyone in that position for a long time. He and Yesung were happy. It didn’t matter that they were hidden and scared, he was with Yesung and that was enough for him all the time. The rest could come at its own time. He wasn’t even mad that Ryeowook’s words would more than likely make Yesung hyper sensitive, which would mean that Kyuhyun would be held at arm’s length. Kyuhyun honestly could live that.

 If it was going to hurt Super Junior and hurt Yesung, he could be a mile away from him, just to protect them, just to protect Yesung from hurt. He could and would do whatever it took to protect the person he loved and it that moment , he was sure he would strangle Ryeowook is need be. He glared at such fierceness that even his own eyes hurt, shaking his head subtly but with enough force that Ryeowook had to be an idiot to not understand what he was saying. Ryeowook was expected to answer Yesung's question in the negative if he knew what was good for him. Kyuhyun was maybe self serving but Yesung had to be protected. If Ryeowook said they were Yesung would then over analyse everything single thing and worry himself into a frenzy, then be worried if he was jeopardizing Super Junior, if he was hurting Kyuhyun and so many other useless painful thoughts. It was this above anything else Kyuhyun wanted to avoid. If Ryeowook’s words hurt Yesung in any way he would be a dead man, his glare fierce, Ryeowook nodding numbly in understanding.

“Oh no Hyung. I was just teasing” Ryeowook assured as evenly as possible, trying to keep the horror and fright out of his voice, Kyuhyun looking at him closely. Honestly at first he didn’t see what he did wrong, he was just calling it as he saw it, but with the fire in Kyuhyun’s eyes, he thought the younger was just being selfish and didn’t want Yesung to stay away from him. He was prepared to put Kyuhyun in his place but the glare commanded that he give it some more thought. It was only with retrospect that he was able to conclude that perhaps he was rash in his statement.

They were indeed behaving rather similar to a couple but he did not stop to think what that revelation would have done to someone like Yesung who would worry himself sick if he thought something like that was happening. It was a rather dangerous situation to be in, feeling rather concerned and just sort of guilty about the whole thing. He would have made amends even without Kyuhyun’s prodding, willing to try his best to make the statement seem as irrelevant as possible, hoping that Yesung actually accept his excuse, ignoring Kyuhyun’s glare as best as possible, it was severely disconcerting to say the least.

“That was not funny Ryeowook ah” Yesung scolded lightly taking a breath and sighing in relieved, pulling back away from Kyuhyun, to lean back against the headboard, taking deep breathes, throwing a look at Ryeowook for causing him stress, smiling at him a bit lightly though when Ryeowook sent him a sheepish smile. He was sincerely relieved that Ryeowook was just teasing, though part of him thought Ryeowook was indeed a little too serious to actually be just teasing but maybe he just wanted to believe it was a joke, a wry smile taking shape. He was a little surprised that Kyuhyun looked at him, his eyes critical and appraising, looking him up and down, Yesung lifting an eyebrow cutely, Kyuhyun smiling at him and shaking his head in answer to the silent question, then turning to nod his head at Ryeowook. Yesung sighed once more in relief, settling his mind, only to then remember something.

“Oh Wookie. Didn’t you have something you wanted to talk to me about?” Yesung questioned, leaning forward once more to question Ryeowook, this time much less panicked and frantic, just sort of curious. When he sat back before he had time to clear his mind, mentally aware that it was getting late and wondering why he had left them there anyway and then remembered that he had left Ryeowook because the younger man said that he had something to discuss with him. He then realized that they had yet to have that conversation, now wondering what it was that the younger man wanted to talk to him about. He hoped he could help him, his face pulling into an odd expression when Ryeowook made to leave the bed, throwing an odd glance at Kyuhyun.

“It’s nothing much. I just had this idea for a routine we could do for the fans when we sing bittersweet tomorrow. I think it could make the performance more interesting, but we can talk about it tomorrow. It’s late. I should go” Ryeowook explained, pulling himself from the bed, getting his legs accustomed to the floor, trying to smile at Yesung, nodding at Kyuhyun, the younger man’s eyes finally softening but it was clear that he was still sort of annoyed.

 Ryeowook really thought it was time he took his leave. He had come originally to talk to Yesung about a routine he had in mind for the song, thinking it would be too boring if they just stood there and sang it, thinking it could be much better if they acted it out. He didn’t have all the details, but he thought it was a good idea and something they could do fairly well. He was hoping to brainstorm the particulars with Yesung, but since he returned so late and Kyuhyun was there it was sort of difficult then and with Kyuhyun still not completely forgiving him for his misstep he thought it best he left. It was sort of self serving as well, feeling rather tired and in need of a nice long sleep, his throat feeling a little itchy. He nodded at Kyuhyun who nodded back, apparently appreciating the sentiment, Ryeowook feeling lighter now that Kyuhyun was not so upset with him, wanting to part on decent terms. He smiled at Yesung as he backed away, halted as he turned to head to the door when Yesung called out to him.

“Wait. Don’t leave yet. I want you do something” Yesung stated quickly, looking energetic all of a sudden, pulling his hand away from Kyuhyun as he tried to get off the bed, Kyuhyun being a brat an holding on to him, Yesung glaring a bit as he pulled his hand away, Kyuhyun grumbling as he looked at Ryeowook hoping the slightly older man would have the answers, Ryeowook shrugging his shoulders to indicate that he was just as lost as Kyuhyun was. Yesung did not go far,only to the phone at the desk, picking it up as the other members of KRY looked on, requesting room service, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook looking on, only groans could be heard when he requested three cups of the tea he asked for last time in some awful Japanese and a mix of Korean, thankfully someone on the other end making out his request much to Kyuhyun’s displeasure.

“Stop complaining you two. I have to drink it as well. If we don’t be careful we will be mute by Bangkok” Yesung explained with a soft smile, hearing the two groaning behind him, speaking as he turned away, not giving them the opportunity to complain, as he was sure they were just waiting to do, Kyuhyun looking sulky already trying to escape.

Ryeowook also joining in, insisting that he was okay and did not need it, Yesung asking him to sing a bar of The One I Love, his throat pulling as Yesung expected, stating that he proved his point. Kyuhyun laughed at him, Yesung turning to remind him that the only reason he did not sound like he was grating was due to the tea and he still had to drink it as well, Kyuhyun complaining even more, Yesung pointedly ignoring them, sitting on the chair at the table as he waited for the tea to arrive.

When Ryeowook said he was leaving he remembered that on the way up he had promised to check on them, lamenting that he had forgotten to tell them to drink the tea. If they were sleeping then he couldn’t wake them but now that they were very much awake, he remembered just in the nick of time, satisfied that it could be their punishment for not listening to him when he told them to get some sleep, giggling to himself as they continued to complain, ignoring the both of them, walking to the door at the first knock, taking the tray from the waiter. He handed Ryeowook the cup as he entered, waiting for him to drink the tea, Kyuhyun still on the bed acting like a child, not getting up. He would have to deal with him after, waiting as Ryeowook drank the contents with a sour expression, pulling a face but doing as he was asked, Yesung ruffling his hair when he was finished, Ryeowook smiling at him, a short hug before asked to leave, Kyuhyun grumbling from on the bed.

Yesung watched him leave, turning back into room, walking to the desk, placing the tray and grabbing the cup of tea for himself and Kyuhyun, who was now face first on his bed, not wanting to drink the tea, looking like a child really. Yesung chuckled to himself as he approached, Kyuhyun childishly turning away from him, Yesung sitting to his side, resting his hand on Kyuhyun’s back, placing the cups on the nightstand, lifting the now free hand to tangle in Kyuhyun’s hair, playing with the silky strands for a minute, trying to coax Kyuhyun to look at him, pressing his back against Kyuhyun’s side, pushing back against him, Kyuhyun finally turning to return to laying on his back, Yesung looking now at his grumpy face with a smile.

“Come on, get up and drink your tea” Yesung instructed, reaching a hand to pull at Kyuhyun’s hand, trying to get the younger man into a sitting position to drink the tea, Kyuhyun sandbagging until he pinched his wrist, grumbling but sitting upright, not wanting to drink the tea, shaking his head as he looked away, Yesung sighing, wondering where the snarky demon disappeared to when he was supposed to drink medicine, Kyuhyun acting like a child.

He grabbed the cup on the stand, bringing it to Kyuhyun’s lips, smiling at him cutely, waiting for Kyuhyun to drink, honestly not sure if he should be pleased or concerned that he actually had to feed Kyuhyun the tea, leaving it by his lips, waiting for Kyuhyun to open up. He didn’t, but he did grab the cup from his hands, opening his mouth and swallowing rapidly, Yesung chuckling but doing the same with his own cup, not liking the taste any better than Kyuhyun did, just that he had a stronger will in that regard, scrunching his nose at the after taste, not noticing Kyuhyun placing his empty cup on the stand nor the disgusted look on his face that was overcome by pure mischievousness, a smirk taking shape rapidly, grinning when Yesung placed the cup on the stand as well, happy to be rid of it , face contorting in surprise, eyes widening  to the size of saucers, the hand on his arms strong and heavy, pulling him with force, unable to stop the descent, Kyuhyun chuckling in glee, reaching his other hand to hold on to him, shifting them both until somehow or the other, Yesung was on top of Kyuhyun, a hand seeking around to his waist, his small hands pushing against his chest, Kyuhyun releasing him, but only so much that he could fall to the side, Kyuhyun turning with him, Yesung flat on his back, Kyuhyun on his side, the younger man hovering over him, a hand pulling at his waist, Kyuhyun smirking as Yesung rolled his eyes.

“Hyung…you owe me a kiss” Kyuhyun informed, though Yesung could see no way that debt was owed never having promised as much as such at any point in time, wondering what on earth could have given the younger man such an impression, then remembering that Kyuhyun thought he was owed a kiss for nearly everything and anything that he did, so just rolled his eyes, ignoring the smirking brat at his side.

Kyuhyun shifted his body until he was cuddling at his side, his jaw pressed against his head, a hand wrapped around him, Kyuhyun’s leg thrown across him, just pulling him close, Kyuhyun seemingly just breathing him in before he leaned down to kiss his forehead and then his cheeks, brushing against his lips before Yesung started to giggle, cute and bubbly, pushing at Kyuhyun, trying to get him away, his skin much too sensitive to Kyuhyun’s touch, Kyuhyun not fighting him just pulling back with a chuckle, hugging him closely, just happy to be with him. Yesung shifted a bit, or rather shifted into a position that would allow him to snuggling into Kyuhyun, this time his turn to brush his face against Kyuhyun's chest, leaning up to kiss him.

 It was not extremely intrusive, the moment more about the sleepy lazy affection that they shared rather than any great moment of passion. It was the kisses after long days and tiring journeys, after a satisfying meal and a glass of wine, the lazy mornings of a holiday, such sweetness and  innocent love, gentle and affectionate, soft brushes and tender nibbles, laziness and love, Kyuhyun being a cheeky brat and tugging at his lower lip, Yesung rolling his eyes as he scratched Kyuhyun’s throat with his finger, the younger man groaning, forced to stop when Yesung dug his nail or rather what should have been a nail into his throat, Kyuhyun groaning in pain this time, completely embarrassed that the first time was actually quite enjoyable, a soft blush painting his face, burying his head in Yesung's hair, that fruity smell mixing with the coffee and cinnamon, making him feel light and heady, the tiredness leaving his body to be replace with this sort of happiness and contentment that he could never explain but always feels when he was resting in Yesung's arms or with Yesung in his arms as he was now, face buried in his throat, his nose brushing against sensitive skin, cutely mumbling something about apples if Kyuhyun was hearing him properly, his eyes fluttering close for a second, jolting when a finger poked him on the side.

“No. We really can’t. You can’t go to sleep here” Yesung rejected, pulling himself away from Kyuhyun’s grasp, the maknae grumbling and complaining, Yesung against him with a sad smile, trying to get him to move. He was seriously regretful. He never should have let Kyuhyun onto the bed with him and later he should have not snuggled into him. He blamed Kyuhyun entirely on that point. Why did Kyuhyun have to smell so good? He smelt like apples and Yesung realized that he missed the aroma so badly, that when Kyuhyun was beside him he refused to give up the opportunity to be lost in that sweet fragrance, selfishly wanting to hold on to Kyuhyun.

 It was only when he felt his eyes fluttering shut, his heart purring in his chest. He knew he had to break it up though; he really couldn’t let Kyuhyun stay with him. He hated to leave though, fighting against his own self to actually do it, but he succeeded, his heart hurting when Kyuhyun looked him like that, sorry for so many things, wondering how it would ever be enough for either of them, his thoughts halting when Kyuhyun pressed his head against his back, a hand coming around his waist, a soft kiss to his throat, before Kyuhyun got up and pulled away from the bed standing up, ready to leave.

“Do you want me to walk you back?” Yesung asked as he made to get off the bed, thinking the least he could do was walk Kyuhyun back to his room and make sure he was in his bed before he slept. It was the least he could do, feeling guilty for the situation they were left in, smiling sadly at Kyuhyun, turning into a question when the younger man laughed at him, pushing him back on to the bed, holding him in place, Yesung glaring at him something fierce, rather put off by the treatment by the maknae, Kyuhyun refusing to answer his queries thus far.

“I am sure I can manage. Let me do this” Kyuhyun commented, smiling brightly at Yesung, not even faking it, truly feeling happy. His few short minutes were amazing and the happiness still coursed though his veins, his stomach with those soft light flutters, his heart purring. He was sorry that the moment ended, sorry that he could not sleep where he wanted , but at the same time he was thankful for what he had and for once he was going to be mature, be some one that could help Yesung rather than a burden to the older man. He was tired being the one that hurt him, tired of being the selfish brat that could never puts Yesung before himself. He wanted to be the one that Yesung could rely on at least once and if he couldn’t then at least he could cause him less heart ache, aware that Yesung would be upset that he couldn’t let him stay with him. Instead of throwing a tantrum for something that was not in Yesung's control and something that was hurtful to Yesung as well, he would help heal his heart a little, he would help him know that it was alright and that he understood, that he could help him then.

He set about tucking Yesung in, pulling back the comforter, pulling Yesung across to bed so that he could make him slid under the comforter, ignoring his complaints that he wanted to walk Kyuhyun back to his room, Kyuhyun just tugging at his arm, pulling him across and over and then guiding him to the spot in the bed, Kyuhyun smiling at him as he pulled the comforter back up and around Yesung, all the way up to his chest, Yesung pulling his hands out from under the sheeting, Kyuhyun laughing at his unintentional cuteness, still not listening to him insist that Kyuhyun go to sleep and that he make sure it is warm enough for him and to stay under his comforter and to take a pill if he was sick and be up early in the morning so that he could check his voice conditions, just nodding for his acknowledgement, brushing back his hair and leaning down to press a kiss to his forehead, laughing when Yesung giggled.

“So this is what that feels like” Yesung commented in between giggles, wondering if Kyuhyun felt the same way he did as the he was tucked in. It was an odd feeling truly. It was weird being treated like a child but at the same time he just felt loved and protected and whilst it hurt his pride and made him feel childish, he loved the feel of Kyuhyun around him like that, taking care of him, his heart swelling in gratitude.

“You are even more annoying since you hover” Kyuhyun teased, laughing at the look on Yesung's face, looking rather indignant, Kyuhyun pulling at his cheeks, the older man batting his hands away, Kyuhyun using that moment to press a kiss to his lips, just a peck, silencing him as he blushed a bit, Kyuhyun chuckling a bit some more, pressing a couple more kisses to his cheeks before he moved to his forehead and then finally he got up.

He squeezed his fingers one last time, wishing his hyung a good night, Yesung doing the same, this time reminding him about keeping warm, Kyuhyun rolling his eyes, telling him to stay quiet and sleep, Yesung pouting but agreeing, seeing Kyuhyun waiting on him, snuggling into the covers, closing his eyes. He feels when Kyuhyun approaches again, leaning now to kiss his head, whispering an endearment, touching his hair and then h walked away, Yesung hearing the door close shut as the light flickers off. He snuggles into the sheets, aware that they will never be as warm as Kyuhyun and don’t smell like apples, but is insisting on keeping Kyuhyun on his mind as he drifts off to sleep, last thought a hope for Kyuhyun’s wellbeing.

Kyuhyun makes the short journey back to his room with a blinding smile, slipping into his room with a prep in  his step, pulling back the covers and sliding in, closing his eyes, then opening them, reaching down to pull the covers up, all the way to his shoulders, smiling to him at his inability to disobey Yesung, snuggling into the sheets that did not smell like Yesung, but that’s okay….Kyuhyun smells like him. He shuts his eyes and wished him a good night silently, tired but energetic….happy.

Author’s Note:

I wrote the Concert Day 1 earlier, so followed up with Day 2. Wasn’t going to post it…don’t really care to, but still it’s for the Unnies and dongsaengs…. I still believe that 12,600 words can be called a drabble.