Why...

Let The Wind Blow

"Oppa let's go."

I laughed and followed her. "Min Soo-yah kachi ka, wait for me."

"Oppa ppali. Aigoo you're so slow." She said with a scrunched up nose.

"Or maybe you're just fast." I replied, being careful of my where I step so I wouldn't fall. I finally got to where she was standing.

"Look. It's beautiful isn't it?" She proclaimed with a far off look in her eyes.I looked out and was greeted by the rich, bright colors of the forest before me. It all looked so striking aginst the deep blue sky.

"Wah." That was the only word that could come out from my lips.

"It feels like you can jump into it all if you try doesn't it?"  I watched her close her eyes and I did the same for a second. The wind tickeld my face and felt refreshing, welcoming.

I opened my eyes just in time to see Min Soo lean forward just a bit.

"Ah." Min Soo's small voice yelped. "Got cha." I said as I caught her in my arms. If she had leand over anymore she would have fallen down form the cliff where we were standing. I set her upright.

"Gumawo Hanbyul oppa."

"You know I'm always here to catch you."

"I know." She said sweetly and laid her head against my arm as we admired the vivacious colors of the leaves more.

*****

I'm at that same place now. Alone. There are no colors to greet me because everything I see is gray.

My Min Soo isn't with me anymore. My kind-hearted Min Soo isn't by my side. My delicate Min Soo, who seemed as though she would break if I wrapped my arms around her, her small hand isn't in mine. 

The wind blows again but now it is bitter teasing my cheecks while whipping agianst me; as if it's trying to push me back.

 

Blow wind. 

                               Blow so my Min Soo can find me. 

Blow so I may run to my precious person.

                                    Blow to where my Min Soo is.

 

The sky seems to be sad as I am for it is no longer blue but gray. The clouds no longer cotton balls but swelled up as if a strom were to come. I've walked the streets like a madman with no sense of where I'm going. Falling because my feet are not careful for I am not paying attention to my step.

I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

I didn't want to say goodbye.

But you still                                                                                                              left me. Why?                                                                              

                                                                                                    WAE?

 

I drop to my knees.

Min Soo, I can't see the colors anymore. I can't see the sight you called beautiful. I can't jump because I don't know where to jump to.

Tears fall from both my eyes and mix with the falling raindrops. I let the rain drench me. 

The wind started up agian.  I got up and ran after it, trying to follow it, hoping it would lead me to her. The next second the wind was gone.

 I lost the wind. Min Soo mianhae. Like this wind I didn't catch you.

I dropped to my knees agian. I turned my head to the downpour above me.

"If we live under the same sky, let us find each other! Let the wind blow!"

Please. 

               Chaebal. 

                                 Blow.